Author Topic: Destiny 2 - The sequel we needed?  (Read 56818 times)

Offline Hierro

• Legacy Fan
  • Life is life.
Re: Destiny 2 - The sequel we needed?
« Reply #480 on: November 1, 2017, 07:35:42 pm »
^I've seen Byf's video (as usual presenting several community theories as his own work) stating his belief it's Ana Bray.

The interesting thing is there's a ton of theories that she's actually the exo stranger.

Believe.

XBL:  Steevvvoo

PSN:  Steevvvoo

Offline Trada

• Fully paid up member of the JC cult. Ex-Tory boy. Corbyn's Chief Hagiographer. Sometimes hasn't got a kloop.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Trada
« Reply #481 on: November 23, 2017, 02:08:21 pm »
Looks interesting.

Think I will pre order it in the Playstation store £16.99

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/shdAXqTkG0E&amp;feature=youtu.be" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/shdAXqTkG0E&amp;feature=youtu.be</a>
« Last Edit: November 23, 2017, 02:23:48 pm by Trada »
Don't blame me I voted for Jeremy Corbyn!!

Miss you Tracy more and more every day xxx

“I carry them with me: what they would have thought and said and done. Make them a part of who I am. So even though they’re gone from the world they’re never gone from me.

Offline Ron

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #482 on: November 27, 2017, 09:03:31 am »
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/rq05MgGMVMM" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/rq05MgGMVMM</a>
You probably don't give a shit because you like this game, but what an incredibly fucked up industry gaming has become.

Offline OsirisMVZ

• Legacy Fan
  • Grew up with Houllier and Rafa teams
« Reply #483 on: November 27, 2017, 09:17:51 am »
This and the Battlefront 2 stuff over the last few weeks has turned things sour. I think there'll hopefully be a backlash felt a year from now with new game sales on things that have loot boxes.

It's the way that the industry was going but a couple of the publishers have taken it too far this year. I bet Bioware are shitting it over that Anthem game as I'd wager it was built around lootbox progression too.

I watched the Twitch stream of Curse of Osiris and thought it looked alright. Saw afterwards that fans were complaining and wondered why; turns out thats all there is! A couple of story missions and Mercury is just two zones, a hub and one patrol area/public event space. It's a couple of hours of content for $20, not good at all. I haven't done this year's raid so don't give one about the rehashed stuff they have for that too.

Offline iSmiff

• TECHNOBORE
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #484 on: November 27, 2017, 09:46:10 pm »
you can be 100% certain that Anthem is a lootbox heavey game, they even showed drops in the video of it.

Bioware is owned by EA, just like DICE is owned by EA.

Wilson, the guy who runs EA is basically the guy who made lootboxes a thing in gaming, he was the guy who saw the potential in FIFA ultimate Team card packs, he is Mr Lootbox.
STFU and agree with me.

Offline Teapot

• Legacy Fan
  • Smile....It confuses people!!
« Reply #485 on: November 28, 2017, 08:06:42 am »
you can be 100% certain that Anthem is a lootbox heavey game, they even showed drops in the video of it.

Bioware is owned by EA, just like DICE is owned by EA.

Wilson, the guy who runs EA is basically the guy who made lootboxes a thing in gaming, he was the guy who saw the potential in FIFA ultimate Team card packs, he is Mr Lootbox.

Mr Wilson looks like a bond villain.

Offline Ron

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #486 on: November 28, 2017, 09:39:02 am »
Confirmation that we are really dealing with a scumbag company of almost Republican diabolicalism ...
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/a6AQDtAJalY&amp;t=351s" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/a6AQDtAJalY&amp;t=351s</a>

Diabolicalism is probably not a real word though ...
But it should be.

Offline iSmiff

• TECHNOBORE
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #487 on: November 28, 2017, 08:35:40 pm »
who could have guessed that Activision and EA were scumbags
STFU and agree with me.

Offline Rattleduser

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #488 on: November 28, 2017, 09:18:45 pm »
PSN: white-of-my-eyes

Offline Upinsmoke

• Is a grump, get used to it.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #489 on: November 29, 2017, 07:56:26 am »
Has the OP added a question mark to the thread title? Could of sworn it never had one initially.

Offline Rattleduser

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #490 on: November 29, 2017, 05:41:32 pm »
Has the OP added a question mark to the thread title? Could of sworn it never had one initially.

got changed a while back

Offline SamAteTheRedAcid

• Currently facing issues around potty training. All help appreciated.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #491 on: November 29, 2017, 06:04:07 pm »
The sequel we needed?

Or the sequel we deserved?

Didn't play it myself, but my mate was big into the first one yet spent the entire time railing against Bungie's policies. But he still played it. And it was a massive success, and now has led to this money spinning sequel.

For me the whole setup typifies what is garbage about the industry, along with EA's usual shenanigans elsewhere.
get thee to the library before the c*nts close it down

we are a bunch of twats commenting on a website.

Offline Rattleduser

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #492 on: November 30, 2017, 08:28:33 pm »
Going forward, Destiny 2’s post-launch game systems, features, and updates are being designed specifically to focus on and support players who want Destiny to be their hobby – the game they return to, and a game where friendships are made. We want Destiny to be a game that fits into your life, providing you with reasons to log in and play with your friends, clans, and families. We want Destiny to be a world you want to be a part of.

It's a shame I don't think destiny 2 can be fixed, nice they are thinking about me though

Offline iSmiff

• TECHNOBORE
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #493 on: December 1, 2017, 08:03:43 pm »
The end game is pretty much non-existent, Osiris looks to have about 2 days worth of content and the changes their making won't improve much

they need to sort the game and fast, they could have very few people left if they leave the next major content drop until the spring
STFU and agree with me.

Offline Flaccido Dongingo

• A Daily Mail plant. Don’t swing at the king!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #494 on: December 3, 2017, 01:18:49 am »
Absolutely bored to tears with it, they seem to have went out of their way to take everything good about the first and rip it out, probably to add it back as 'new features', as a sign they are 'listening to fan feedback', if there ever is a Destiny 3 I'll wait a while to get it, both games have now launched utterly bereft of content.

I can't deny that the gunplay is still the best I've ever seen in an FPS.

Offline iSmiff

• TECHNOBORE
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #495 on: December 3, 2017, 01:55:23 am »
an FPS on a console, maybe

on PC, not a chance
STFU and agree with me.

Offline Upinsmoke

• Is a grump, get used to it.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #496 on: December 3, 2017, 08:31:26 am »
When I played the beta/demo whatever of D2 I still thought the gunplay wasn't at the same level of D1. There was something so satisfying about the first game in that regard. The weapons had a real satisfying, enjoyable feel.

Not sure what my most enjoyable experience on pc is gunplay wise, maybe Doom, Borderlands or FEAR the shotgun in that game though
« Last Edit: December 3, 2017, 08:34:54 am by Upinsmoke »

Offline OsirisMVZ

• Legacy Fan
  • Grew up with Houllier and Rafa teams
« Reply #497 on: December 3, 2017, 08:41:13 am »
I'm getting Curse of Osiris because I'm a fool who paid £80 for the game + season pass ONCE MORE.

However I've got no internet in my house anymore because the landlord is inept, so I won't even be able to play and be disappointed by it until I move house in say... 2 months? Hopefully by then all the stuff Smith and Nosworthy talked about over the week is updated and integrated into the game and its a better experience all round.

Offline Flaccido Dongingo

• A Daily Mail plant. Don’t swing at the king!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #498 on: December 3, 2017, 03:02:13 pm »
an FPS on a console, maybe

on PC, not a chance
What's better on PC then?, I've played PC FPS titles and nothing matches Destiny's gunplay.

Offline Trada

• Fully paid up member of the JC cult. Ex-Tory boy. Corbyn's Chief Hagiographer. Sometimes hasn't got a kloop.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Trada
« Reply #499 on: December 5, 2017, 07:14:06 am »
I got the new addon at the weekend it starts today at 6pm.
Don't blame me I voted for Jeremy Corbyn!!

Miss you Tracy more and more every day xxx

“I carry them with me: what they would have thought and said and done. Make them a part of who I am. So even though they’re gone from the world they’re never gone from me.

Offline Rattleduser

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #500 on: December 6, 2017, 01:36:14 am »
played the story and as expected it was shite, my own fault for buying the deluxe

Offline Ron

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #501 on: December 11, 2017, 11:55:19 am »

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/aEEUJ4hSwwI" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/aEEUJ4hSwwI</a>
A critical review of Curse of Osiris by a long time Bungie fan.

Offline macca007

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #502 on: December 12, 2017, 02:46:40 am »
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/aEEUJ4hSwwI" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/aEEUJ4hSwwI</a>
A critical review of Curse of Osiris by a long time Bungie fan.

I reached where he is long before the dlc

Offline Scaryscouse

• Purveyor of shite english lager
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nice packet of Crunchy Nut you got here
« Reply #503 on: March 29, 2018, 12:43:56 am »
Played the new patch, it's not good. Went and replayed D1 there a while back and the two games are worlds apart. I was a fan of D2 at the start but the novelty has worn off quickly, none of the clan are playing it anymore (D1 or 2) which is a shame as collectively we put thousands of hours into it but so far, they have blown all the good work they did on D1. Some of the clan members were the loyal fanbase I was sure would stick regardless with it but nearly all of them have switched to pubg almost exclusively.
« Last Edit: March 29, 2018, 12:50:30 am by Scaryscouse »
I remember years ago doing the fart with your fingers pointed like a gun.

I did it to my brother, I had a dressing gown on.

Instead of farting I shat on the floor - my brother thought I was demented.

Offline AndyMuller

• Has always wondered how to do it. Rice, Rice, Baby. Wants to have George Michael. Would batter A@A at karate.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #504 on: March 29, 2018, 08:14:08 am »
Mad how much this flopped critically.

Offline abs-ibs

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #505 on: March 30, 2018, 03:53:14 am »
Although nowhere near as bad as critics wanted us to believe, it wasn't a step up from D1 which was the basic problem. If they had made it an expansion of the same size adding onto the already established D1 it would have probably been classed as a success as it added to what was already there. However making it a entirely new game with content similar to the amount of D1 was the downfall. Taking things away like single strikes at the end of completing each planet/area then not including heroic strikes etc until much much later, with a 'mediocre' raid has put the game back years in popularity and sales.

Not a terrible game by any means, but could have been better. RIP Destiny, RIP.

Anthem is being lauded as a possible replacement, but EA need to learn from another company's mistakes. Whether they will is another situation altogether.

Offline Hierro

• Legacy Fan
  • Life is life.
« Reply #506 on: April 2, 2018, 07:03:48 pm »
Mad how much this flopped critically.

The game received very high scores from the critics.  8's and 9's all over the shop from the main games reviewers.

The biggest problems have been found much deeper than what most gamers will experience or notice when playing.

It's still a good game to pick up and play, the story is good, the visuals are great and it contains the best shooting experience out there.

It's just that, as Abs said, it's really tough to call it a sequel.  They took three years of improvements and accomplishments and chucked them in the bin.  I like the fact they tried some new things, even the much discussed weapon system, but the problem was rather than bringing them alongside what they had created, they simply dropped most of what had been learned in the name of 'progress', ignoring the progress they had made.

So really it's down to that and they utterly infuriating slow as anything response times when it even comes to addressing problems.

If they continue to ignore the need to go back to the way many things were in D1, then I fear for the future of the Franchise.
Believe.

Offline blacksun

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #507 on: April 3, 2018, 06:25:26 am »
It's simple really, they dumbed the game down to try and appeal to a wider audience with no regards for the wants of the huge fan base they already had from D1, so it basically is because of greed. Now they are reaping the rewards for that with an ever decreasing fan base. They will be lucky to have a demand for D3 if they don't pull something out of the bag in the upcoming DLC's

Such a shame as D1 was a brilliant experience for 3 years.

Offline ScottScott

• Thugby...It's just not rugger old chap!!!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #508 on: April 3, 2018, 08:53:44 am »
Just picked this up brand new and sealed off eBay for £12 so I need some tips to get into it and how to get the best out of the game. Can it be done single player?  Best way to level up? And so on

Offline Hierro

• Legacy Fan
  • Life is life.
« Reply #509 on: April 3, 2018, 06:19:04 pm »
Just picked this up brand new and sealed off eBay for £12 so I need some tips to get into it and how to get the best out of the game. Can it be done single player?  Best way to level up? And so on

Take it nice and slow, do the activities as they come up.  If it means not pressing on with the story missions (they have a red icon) and instead doing some patrols then do it.  I'd suggest to not buy the season pass unless you gt it heavily discounted.  If you're on PS4 check out the Easter sale, it may be reduced.

In terms of the story, you don't need to have played D1 although it would help to explain some of the things you might say that aren't necessarily obvious.  I'd suggest to do the first mission with all three characters before you move on, that way you'll get to see which one you like most (Titan, obviously) and the character does matter, as their abilities and advantages can differ quite starkly.

And make sure you watch the post credits scene when you do complete the game.....
Believe.

Offline ScottScott

• Thugby...It's just not rugger old chap!!!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #510 on: April 4, 2018, 03:12:41 pm »
Thanks for the heads up. I played Destiny 1 but got disenfranchised when it was very barebones, hoping this is more fleshed out

Offline Hierro

• Legacy Fan
  • Life is life.
« Reply #511 on: April 4, 2018, 07:54:32 pm »
Thanks for the heads up. I played Destiny 1 but got disenfranchised when it was very barebones, hoping this is more fleshed out

Genuinely, you should go back and Play D1.  Although you may want to finish D2 beforehand as you will be sorely disappointed in what the game has become from where it was heading.
Believe.

Offline rowan_d

• boat. Señor Paolo de Souza-Farquharson :)
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #512 on: April 5, 2018, 12:16:20 am »
Yeah, I played the entirety of Destiny 1 minus the raids a month or so before 2 came out. The full package for Destiny 1 is miles better than vanilla Destiny 2.

Offline Rattleduser

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #513 on: May 10, 2018, 07:28:41 pm »
played the new expansion, underwhelming as expected. crucible is still pants. might play the escalation protocol events later as they are difficult to complete with randoms. strikes are tough as fuck again.

wish it was boss

Offline Teapot

• Legacy Fan
  • Smile....It confuses people!!
« Reply #514 on: May 11, 2018, 08:06:57 am »
played the new expansion, underwhelming as expected. crucible is still pants. might play the escalation protocol events later as they are difficult to complete with randoms. strikes are tough as fuck again.

wish it was boss

Like most, I miss the game of old.  Even to pick up for 20 - 30 mins for a bit of crucible was great to kill some time.  Think i'll sit back on this DLC and see what others think first, im in no rush to waste more money / time on the game.

Offline Team Sleep

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • A walking surplus.
« Reply #515 on: May 12, 2018, 10:06:51 pm »
Warmind is a good step forward for PvE, with plenty of reasons to grind and keep coming back. Probably the best D2 release in terms of quality weapons too.

In PvP, they've given you more reasons to grind but done nothing to improve the Crucible, which is frustrating - time to kill is too high especially after the go faster update, primary/power simply doesn't work and getting killed by The Colony or Acrius in the first 30 seconds of a game is infuriating, plus 4v4 is still awful resulting in either slow, boring games of hide and seek or getting run over by a coordinated team who push and teamshot you constantly. PvP is by far my biggest disappointment about D2, given it's what kept D1 alive during the content droughts.

Offline Malcolm Night

• Anny Roader
« Reply #516 on: May 13, 2018, 05:14:46 am »
Quite enjoyed Warmind so far, definitely think it's an important step in the right direction before the Taken King-style expansion they'll release around September. I like that they've made everything a bit more difficult to do with PvE, heroic strikes are actually fun now that they're challenging and these exotic masterworks give you something to grind towards. As said above though, the pvp isn't great currently. Had a lot of fun playing 6v6 Iron Banner a while ago since it was like a massive brawl, but the current 4v4 feels slow and too tactical, plus the playstyle of lane camping with pulse/scout rifles that everyone seems to do gets annoying.

Saw that the game is roughly £10 (without dlc) in the current Humble Bundle until the end of this month, definitely think that's worth it for the PvE alone if anyone was still thinking of getting the game.
« Last Edit: May 13, 2018, 05:17:02 am by Malcolm Night »

Offline Ycuzz

• of the wonderful things he does! I've soiled myself..
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #517 on: May 13, 2018, 10:02:30 am »
Just got this yesterday. No previous experience with the franchise whatsoever. We're a couple of mates from way back when who's been gaming together for a few years, but been lacking something lately. Then this popped up on Humblebundle, thougt, eh, feck it.

So far, at the whopping level of 4, my conclusion is.. ok.

;D

So, any newb hint'n tricks and do's and dont's lads?
@Yvanicuzz

Offline Hierro

• Legacy Fan
  • Life is life.
« Reply #518 on: May 13, 2018, 08:08:42 pm »
Just got this yesterday. No previous experience with the franchise whatsoever. We're a couple of mates from way back when who's been gaming together for a few years, but been lacking something lately. Then this popped up on Humblebundle, thougt, eh, feck it.

So far, at the whopping level of 4, my conclusion is.. ok.

;D

So, any newb hint'n tricks and do's and dont's lads?

Welcome to Destiny!

First tip, if you haven't settled on a class yet have a play around with all three to see which one you prefer (Titan, obviously).

Secondly, take your time through the story, you don't need to have played D1 but there's some good dialogue and stories that will help fill in some of the universe.  Also the scenery and music is terrific.

Finally, don't get attached to weapons too much as you will progress pretty quickly in terms of level and power, so many of your weapons will quickly become underpowered.  In general though, a mid-impact scout rifle and burst sidearm is a good combo to get you through the majority of the campaign.  And whilst swords and grenade launchers are pretty cool, rockets or a shotgun are your best bet for a heavy.  Particularly rockets.

Above all, enjoy and take your time, don't feel as though you have to rush through everything.  There's plenty to do.
Believe.

Offline Ycuzz

• of the wonderful things he does! I've soiled myself..
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #519 on: May 14, 2018, 04:22:43 pm »
Thanks mate!

Started a Hunter - as is my M.O from back in the aDnD days, heh. Fairly fun so far. Also started a Warlock, not so fun, (so far).

Couple of questions, if ye don't mind.

Skill points. Do I need to fill everything - to unlock stuff later, or can I save them? Say, I like this jump-thingie and these others look meh, so I won't bother to put points there.

2nd, and most importantly. I understand getting the other subclasses are random loot, (bit harumpf that), lucky me got the Melted HandCannon, (or whatever it's called), earlier. I understand the I need to do different stuff to 'charge' it - and then a solo mission to the shard for the final unlock. But, trouble is, I can't see the damned thing in my inventory! (it said it was added). Is it under milestones?

Thanks again.
@Yvanicuzz