Author Topic: Destiny 2 - The sequel we needed?  (Read 57278 times)

Offline Titi Camara

• Hey, wanna hear the new dubstep song I wrote? Wub, Wub, Wub! Wubba Lubba Dub Dub! I'm Pickle Rick with hirsute areolae!
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Number 21 of the Crazy 88
Re: Destiny 2 - The sequel we needed?
« Reply #440 on: October 12, 2017, 02:20:52 pm »
Stupid question but is that gonna be standard reward for all?
I'm guessing he means for the 10 engrams....so it's completely random. I maxed out season one and barely got fuck all!

Offline amirani

• Legacy Fan
  • Carolina Red!
« Reply #441 on: October 12, 2017, 03:05:16 pm »
I'm guessing he means for the 10 engrams....so it's completely random. I maxed out season one and barely got fuck all!

Gotcha. thanks for the response. I got 2 engrams got the hand cannon twice.

Offline Rattleduser

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #442 on: October 12, 2017, 04:47:44 pm »
another side arm and fusion rifle, game is  :butt
PSN: white-of-my-eyes

Offline Rattleduser

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #443 on: October 12, 2017, 04:49:53 pm »
Stupid question but is that gonna be standard reward for all?

random, hope you have better RNG than me

Offline Vlads

• Anny Roader
  • We've only won it six times..
« Reply #444 on: October 12, 2017, 05:44:39 pm »
having never played Destiny 1, I have to say I am less than whelmed with the end game content. I haven't even bothered to raid yet coz I don't see any rewards that justify doing that raid apart from the trophy for platinum. Seems like this game is a Tuesday activity -> wait for Tuesday reset, complete milestones -> then start twiddling thumbs.

I can not do pvp crucible longer than it is necessary to complete the milestones. Feels like there should be more games modes in PVP, ranking systems, probably 6v6, and better maps.

The thing that frustrates me the most is the constant duplicates one gets from engrams. There's no other grinding carrot stick to keep players entertained. Can't choose the strike fall one wants to play. Also there's no strike specific gears set to grind for, which is odd to leave out in games that take the mmo model. Why isnt there weapon customization like The Division say. Not saying copy them, but at least have something basic for players to play around with, change scopes, change mag types etc.. so there's unique load-outs out there.

Another thing that gets me is this lazy implementation of the gun stats. They just decided to tack on bars for these stats (apart from rpm and magazine). At times I want to compare my Origin Story against my Scathelocke to judge how far better/worse the handling or range is on said guns, then go out and do public events to farm for a stock grip (I dont know gun terms people) that gives me say +4 stability on the gun I want to improve. Nop, you cant do that in Destiny, you have this simplistic non customizable system and you are stuck with the gun in that state. Enjoying having fun playing around with the perks on that gun.

There's just so much lacking for a AAA game on its first iteration. I doubt the DLC updates will add anything that keeps players playing for the next 2+ years till Destiny 3.

The game is fun, but only up to a point... like when she says "Just the tip".

Offline abs-ibs

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #445 on: October 12, 2017, 08:49:05 pm »
They have decided to keep some of the frustrating things instead of the more useful things, like as said above the lack of specific strike which in D1 each strike tied into the story of the game whereas these are just glorified side missions.

The bar graph measurement system has always been how you compare weapons. And truthfully it doesn't hold true to the actual attributes of the weapons. If you use a submachine gun and aim down sights it moves all over the place so in reality it's stability is nowhere near as high as it says on the graph, but you use The Number or Uriel's Gift and they are incredibly stable in comparison to ANY submachine gun.

Also The Graviton Lance.

It says on the graph it has 100% full stability. But with each burst of the shot as you pull the trigger, it gives a real kick and you have to wait a moment before you can take your next shot . The only stable part about that weapon is that the triple burst shot only moves upwards and doesn't shift sideways or corkscrews etc. Still it is an awesome weapon :) the third shot of each burst does about 1000% of the power the previous shots.

Then the end game stuff, like the raid and nightfall power rewards. Yes they have made the end game power level more accessible to the casual gamer which I think isn't necessarily a bad thing, because they are wanting to keep more of those players in the game. But they have sacrificed those people who grind and grind the raids for that loot. So they have not really gained anything in keeping players in the game.

However, if you are not doing the raid just because you can get the same power loot from doing other activities then that is a bit silly coz it is a fun part of the game, which because of it's multiplayer mechanics and gameplay is a very different part of the game and how it is played. And there is an exotic shotgun you get from only doing the raid.

Personally I love the game. It is smooth, it is fun and the gameplay is just as smooth as the original as well as adding new animations and new enemy types within some of the enemy races. I like the fact that you can go to many different areas on each world instantly, maybe they have put too many spawn points/fast travel on each planet even.

Offline abs-ibs

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #446 on: October 12, 2017, 08:53:25 pm »
However I will say that if they keep with this formula of not allowing specific strikes and making the grind a little too easy (all my characters are 305 power now) I can see the shelf life of D2 being much shorter than D1. Also they should have kept the D1 patrol areas in the game and made use of them, as well as adding the new ones on top. We will also be getting a patrol area on Mercury on the release of the first DLC.

Offline macca007

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #447 on: October 13, 2017, 07:40:01 am »
Think I'm done with it. The gameplay on it is spot on but it just feels like something that should have been an expansion for destiny 1. Same enemies,  same layout, same characters with very little new content they've just made Venus red and called it nexus instead.

Can't be arsed for them bring out a new expansion and just go there you go we have reset you to go from zero as that's all that raising the light level does.
« Last Edit: October 15, 2017, 07:20:44 pm by macca007 »

Offline PhilV

• Has difficulty in getting it up, apparently.....
  • Legacy Fan
  • Epic Swindler
« Reply #448 on: October 13, 2017, 09:23:07 am »
Did Prestige NF this week with 20 seconds to spare, it was a toughie! Celestial Nighthawk with two Hunters on Gunslinger saved the day though! PEW PEW!

Offline Rattleduser

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #449 on: October 13, 2017, 02:44:38 pm »
got a chest for the hunter, yay!

another fuckin sidearm though, boo

Offline rowan_d

• boat. Señor Paolo de Souza-Farquharson :)
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #450 on: October 13, 2017, 06:12:24 pm »
Legit think the last 4 exotics I've got have been Skyburner's Oath

Basically treading water between weekly resets, the gear occasionally changes, but it doesn't get any better

Offline MrRaptorTurtle

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #451 on: October 15, 2017, 01:31:24 pm »
Haven't touched this game in about 3 weeks, the loot system just doesn't seem right with me! They've taken away all the fun of grinding for hours and hours to get the perfect roll on weapons. I understand it's to accommodate for the average player which makes sense. The game just doesn't have that pull to bring me back that the first game had. Maybe I just need to get back on it and play away at it.

Looking forward to the PC release though  ;D

Offline Flaccido Dongingo

• A Daily Mail plant. Don’t swing at the king!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #452 on: October 17, 2017, 01:49:31 pm »
They'll need to have a few updates with new content even before the first expansion, really is feeling dull already to be honest

Offline Titi Camara

• Hey, wanna hear the new dubstep song I wrote? Wub, Wub, Wub! Wubba Lubba Dub Dub! I'm Pickle Rick with hirsute areolae!
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #453 on: October 17, 2017, 02:42:04 pm »
The moaning does make me laugh.

Let's say you buy DOOM for £45 at launch, unless you play PvP you get about 20 hours of content. Sure you can play through again or go after collectibles for achievements but essentially it's 20 hours of content. That's one of the finest FPS games in recent years.

Let's say you buy TW3 for £45 at launch, depending how much/less of a wally you are you get about 60 hours of content. You could maybe stretch that to 100 hours if you play a load of gwent and search every nock and cranny but anything over that and you're definitely treading old ground. That's one of the finest RPG games of recent years.

I bet most of you have had double the hours of entertainment and enjoyment from those two games combined already but somhow more is expected....

My only complaint so far with the game is that it's been dumbed down since D1 to cater for fresh meat and more casual elements. I get it but don't approve, beyond that I can't think of many recent titles that's delivered so much for so little!

EDIT: 182 hours thus far! That's 25p for every hour of entertainment.....you couldn't book Keith Chegwin for that!
« Last Edit: October 17, 2017, 02:45:50 pm by more Rick than any of you! »

Offline Flaccido Dongingo

• A Daily Mail plant. Don’t swing at the king!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #454 on: October 17, 2017, 03:14:33 pm »

Let's say you buy DOOM for £45 at launch, unless you play PvP you get about 20 hours of content. Sure you can play through again or go after collectibles for achievements but essentially it's 20 hours of content. That's one of the finest FPS games in recent years.

Let's say you buy TW3 for £45 at launch, depending how much/less of a wally you are you get about 60 hours of content. You could maybe stretch that to 100 hours if you play a load of gwent and search every nock and cranny but anything over that and you're definitely treading old ground. That's one of the finest RPG games of recent years.

I bet most of you have had double the hours of entertainment and enjoyment from those two games combined already but somhow more is expected....

My only complaint so far with the game is that it's been dumbed down since D1 to cater for fresh meat and more casual elements. I get it but don't approve, beyond that I can't think of many recent titles that's delivered so much for so little!

EDIT: 182 hours thus far! That's 25p for every hour of entertainment.....you couldn't book Keith Chegwin for that!
Comparing Witcher 3 to Destiny 2?, aye, good lad, you can rinse all of Destiny 2's content in about 20 hours, you could do 200 hours in the Witcher 3 easily playing each quest for the first time, in 180 odd hours of D2, how many times have you played each mission or strike, double figures I'd imagine, to compare The Witcher 3 to D1 or D2 is laughable.

Offline Titi Camara

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #455 on: October 17, 2017, 03:24:23 pm »
Comparing Witcher 3 to Destiny 2?, aye, you can rinse all of Destiny 2's content in about 20 hours, you could do 200 hours in the Witcher 3 easily playing each quest for the first time, in 180 odd hours of D2, how many times have you played each mission or strike, double figures I'd imagine, to compare The Witcher 3 to D1 or D2 is laughable.
I'm comparing the cost for content on a specific medium, using a couple of recent standards. I'm not comparing the actual games themselves. If my post was ambiguous I apologise for that, my aim was to make a point about the expectations around content and value of that content.

I'm just not sure what people are expecting? New raids every week? New strikes every week? New PvP maps every week? All for your original £45 which would have gotten you a comparable 20 hours in DOOM.

Appreciating that the game content is a bit of a hybrid in the sense it's a FRS RPS I would think expectations should probably be for content that lasts 40-60 hours, beyond that I'm not sure what there is to complain about?

FWIW I don't agree that all the content can be rinsed in 20 hours. It took the fastest, best team in the world 6 just for the raid.

Offline Rattleduser

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #456 on: October 17, 2017, 03:42:50 pm »
There was a thread on reddit were the fella said he feels like bungie has robbed him of his hobby. I agree. I  expect destiny to last me longer than a month with meaningful grind and quality of life improvements from year 3 destiny.

Other far superior games are a welcome distraction and last as long as they last.

Offline Titi Camara

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #457 on: October 17, 2017, 04:01:46 pm »
There in lie's the rub. Why would anyone expect £45 to net you a limitless hobby? Surely it has to have boundaries? Maybe the man on reddit is an idiot, maybe he has a truly valid gripe.

My point above about it being dumbed down is probably not too different to the points being made though. It was certainly far more difficult to get the best gear, guns and light level in D1 which gave it more longevity for hardened fans. I do feel they've pulled the slider down in that respect, maybe it will swing the other way for the DLC (not holding my breath).

I've not been bored at all yet, I still have to find a warlock bond to complete my 3x305 though so maybe that's when I'll hit my wall. Just think if I get 200 hours gaming for £45 there's not too much to complain about even if 300 would have been nicer.

Offline amirani

• Legacy Fan
  • Carolina Red!
« Reply #458 on: October 17, 2017, 04:18:27 pm »

Most of the hours are doing the same stuff over and over again. Main gripe I personally have is very few weapons are distinct. Whereas in D1, there were at least 4-5 identifiable (by sound, feel, look) and iconic weapons in each class (shotgun, snipers, rocket launchers, handguns etc).

Offline Titi Camara

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #459 on: October 17, 2017, 04:21:09 pm »
Most of the hours are doing the same stuff over and over again. Main gripe I personally have is very few weapons are distinct. Whereas in D1, there were at least 4-5 identifiable (by sound, feel, look) and iconic weapons in each class (shotgun, snipers, rocket launchers, handguns etc).
Snipers in the heavy slot are a joke. WTF were they thinking! At least it means I'm not getting killed by the ice breaker 5 times a minute in PVP ;D ;D ;D

Offline Rattleduser

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #460 on: October 17, 2017, 04:38:47 pm »
I'm going out on a limb here but I don't think anyone on planet Earth would expect a limitless hobby for 45 quid

Offline Titi Camara

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #461 on: October 17, 2017, 04:54:04 pm »
I'm going out on a limb here but I don't think anyone on planet Earth would expect a limitless hobby for 45 quid
What's the correct expectation? I would say gaming is the hobby and the games we buy allow us to refresh that hobby. How much we choose to invest, time and money, dictates what our expectations should be. I think anyone complaining after a month and potentially a couple of hundred hours play has expectations that are incompatible with a game that cost them £45. But that is just my opinion.

Offline amirani

• Legacy Fan
  • Carolina Red!
« Reply #462 on: October 17, 2017, 04:58:23 pm »
Snipers in the heavy slot are a joke. WTF were they thinking! At least it means I'm not getting killed by the ice breaker 5 times a minute in PVP ;D ;D ;D

No Land Beyond was the shit. The satisfaction of getting kills from it was something else haha. My favortie was the "Rocket Launcher

Offline Rattleduser

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #463 on: October 17, 2017, 05:09:13 pm »
What's the correct expectation? I would say gaming is the hobby and the games we buy allow us to refresh that hobby. How much we choose to invest, time and money, dictates what our expectations should be. I think anyone complaining after a month and potentially a couple of hundred hours play has expectations that are incompatible with a game that cost them £45. But that is just my opinion.

Some people hate to grind and replay content, not me. Despite having many problems I enjoyed having goals and grinding away in destiny 1 because the game rewarded me in many more satisfying ways than destiny 2 currently provides. It's a step backwards, along with many other problems with the game that has been mentioned and you know about.

the argument put forth over cost per hour being incredibly cheap compared to other games and in general being great value, doesn't address any of the issues I have with the game.

Offline rowan_d

• Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #464 on: October 18, 2017, 08:39:38 am »
Anyone wanna give the Nightfall or Raid a go today?

Offline carling

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #465 on: October 18, 2017, 11:57:33 am »

You're of course correct when comparing Destiny 2 to other games, and even hobbies, but the main point of comparison is always going to be.... Destiny 1.  I'd say that's hard to get away from.

Think I spent around 300 hours on the original Destiny, and I'd break it down something like this:

50 hours: some of the best gaming I've ever experienced - near perfection
50 hours: incredible gaming
100 hours: enjoyable gaming
100 hours: addicted to the grind / wondering what I'm doing with my life / existential crisis

So overall the original Destiny set new standards on what you can expect for your money.  Mind-blowing value, amazing quality... I'd have to be a bit daft to complain about it (even if the last 100 hours could be a drag).

Destiny 2 I've played for about 30 hours.  I wouldn't say any of that fits into what I described as 'near perfection' gaming.  I'd say 10 hours incredible gaming, 20 hours enjoyable gaming.  And now I'm only really playing it after reset day to get the milestones (Destiny 1 I'd play most days).

So yeah, in comparison to other games I probably can't complain too much.  But it's only human nature to feel disappointed when looking at what came before.  They seem to have lost that special formula that made it all feel so rewarding.  There was nothing like Ice Breaker dropping in my first Nightfall after hearing so much about how it is one of the best guns in the game.  The guys I was playing with were SO jealous.  That sort of thing needs to be recaptured for me...

Offline Titi Camara

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #466 on: October 18, 2017, 12:20:50 pm »
I 100% agree it's been dumbed down too much: that the guns have been homogenised and there is little reward even the most casual player can't lay their hands on.

In that respect it's a definite backwards step from D1.

I just find it odd when people talk about "rights" or "expectations" of a artistic but commercial enterprise.

If you buy a product it's up to you, you hope for X, Y or Z, but whining if it doesn't live up to very heady self imposed expectations seems a bit odd to me.

Again, just my opinion and that.

Offline Working Class Hen-Pecked Hero

• Is something to be...Lives at 999 Letsby Avenue.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #467 on: October 19, 2017, 10:00:57 am »
It's a weird one to tackle. I genuinely don't have sympathy for people who bought the game and put their controllers down to have a piss and a pot noodle every few days then start moaning they've done everything. They sort of knew what they were getting into, they fucking played the beta so it shouldn't be a complete shock PvP etc. Im a casual granted, so don't have any 305 yet and haven't even completed the raid (I would like to eventually however) but it is just a game. Not life. As mentioned it cost 45 quid, that's like 3 books nowadays, or 3 trips to the cinema. Or a left trab. I read some of these Reddit posts and just imagine if Destiny 2 longevity is the biggest concern of your life, your doing fine
I'm telling you, Bowie died and it's all gone to fuck.

Offline Disregarder

• Andshe'llripyerknackersoff
  • Anny Roader
  • TV's own
« Reply #468 on: October 20, 2017, 08:14:13 pm »
It's a weird one to tackle. I genuinely don't have sympathy for people who bought the game and put their controllers down to have a piss and a pot noodle every few days then start moaning they've done everything. They sort of knew what they were getting into, they fucking played the beta so it shouldn't be a complete shock PvP etc. Im a casual granted, so don't have any 305 yet and haven't even completed the raid (I would like to eventually however) but it is just a game. Not life. As mentioned it cost 45 quid, that's like 3 books nowadays, or 3 trips to the cinema. Or a left trab. I read some of these Reddit posts and just imagine if Destiny 2 longevity is the biggest concern of your life, your doing fine

Really like your post. Chimes a lot with how I always get to a point with these type of open world games where doing the same shit just gets piss boring and I move onto something else. I enjoyed my one stab at a raid in D1 but balls to ploughing hours and hours into repeating it just to tweak up a few more levels. Buy another game with the £40 that would  have gone on more of the same in the dlc, that's what I reckon anyway  That said, it's a just a brilliant shooter.

Was disappointed to discover that all the reviews I read saying it was really different this time and all the problems had been sorted were well wide of the mark and those platforms have now published articles backtracking and criticising the things they praised.
« Last Edit: October 20, 2017, 08:17:08 pm by Disregarder »
My 8k rig goes boom
PSN: OireCocobean

Offline MrRaptorTurtle

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #469 on: October 24, 2017, 12:43:14 pm »
Anyone getting it on PC? Launches tonight at 6pm! Got a copy free with my GPU so think I may switch over to the PC version instead of the Xbox One version for the graphics and unlocked framerates!

Offline DHKopper

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
« Reply #470 on: October 24, 2017, 10:30:27 pm »
Anyone getting it on PC? Launches tonight at 6pm! Got a copy free with my GPU so think I may switch over to the PC version instead of the Xbox One version for the graphics and unlocked framerates!

Was thinking about it earlier but I'm pretty shit at FPS.

Offline MrRaptorTurtle

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #471 on: October 25, 2017, 12:32:41 am »
Oh my fucking sweet Jesus.
This game looks gorgeous on PC!
Been playing it since about 7pm and having a blast!
Playing at 1440p and between 85-125 fps is ridiculously smooth, the Xbox version is gonna look so choppy when (if) I go back to it!

Was thinking about it earlier but I'm pretty shit at FPS.
I'd say it's more of a looter shooter than an FPS, I mean okay the game is first person and you shoot stuff  ;D But it's more adventure and loot based than your average FPS game and the online isn't super competitive like COD.

Offline rowan_d

• Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #472 on: October 25, 2017, 10:54:18 am »
Anyone wanna do the Nightfall on PS4?

Offline iSmiff

• TECHNOBORE
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #473 on: October 28, 2017, 12:18:09 am »
Oh my fucking sweet Jesus.
This game looks gorgeous on PC!
Been playing it since about 7pm and having a blast!
Playing at 1440p and between 85-125 fps is ridiculously smooth, the Xbox version is gonna look so choppy when (if) I go back to it!

I'd say it's more of a looter shooter than an FPS, I mean okay the game is first person and you shoot stuff  ;D But it's more adventure and loot based than your average FPS game and the online isn't super competitive like COD.

I've been running it at 4k on a 1080i at fairly high settings and this shit never dips before 60

NEVER

STFU and agree with me.

Offline MrRaptorTurtle

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #474 on: October 28, 2017, 12:23:20 am »
I've been running it at 4k on a 1080i at fairly high settings and this shit never dips before 60

NEVER
It's insane isn't it!!
I can only imagine what it looks like in 4k :champ

Btw if anyone's playing on PC and wants to add eachother just post your Battle.net account name in here so we can run nightfalls and raids and stuff, mine's: RaptorTurtle#2714

Offline OsirisMVZ

• Legacy Fan
  • Grew up with Houllier and Rafa teams
« Reply #475 on: October 30, 2017, 05:20:05 pm »

Offline Hierro

• Legacy Fan
  • Life is life.
« Reply #476 on: October 30, 2017, 06:27:04 pm »
The most interesting part of the trailer is the splash at the end for the season pass - the art-work for DLC 2 shows "the Darkness" ships on the cover.

Wasn't expecting that until D2 Year 2.
Believe.

XBL:  Steevvvoo

PSN:  Steevvvoo

Offline kingmonkey007

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #477 on: October 30, 2017, 07:40:17 pm »
The most interesting part of the trailer is the splash at the end for the season pass - the art-work for DLC 2 shows "the Darkness" ships on the cover.

Wasn't expecting that until D2 Year 2.

Sadly I don't think Bungie are doing anything with "The Darkness" in this game, well that's according to director Luke Smith and project lead Mark Noseworthy,
We’ve never really said what [The Darkness] means,” Smith continues. “Ultimately, we do owe our players a story there – what is The Darkness? – but that’s not this game.

Isn't that Rasputin?

Offline Hierro

• Legacy Fan
  • Life is life.
« Reply #478 on: October 31, 2017, 06:30:45 pm »
It was a small picture!

I was talking to a friend last night who said it looked more like a Ghost or that kind of shape, then I checked the 'emblem' for the DLC and it's clearly the Rasputin sign.

I'm glad my initial assessment of "The Darkness" not being part of Year 1 appears to be somewhere right at least.

That artwork for DLC 2 is really interesting.  Initially I thought it was a Warlock in the background with the armour set you see at the start of the game, but looking closer it could be a female Titan and the weapon looks very different to anything we've seen in game.
Believe.

XBL:  Steevvvoo

PSN:  Steevvvoo

Offline kingmonkey007

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #479 on: November 1, 2017, 07:23:40 pm »
It was a small picture!

I was talking to a friend last night who said it looked more like a Ghost or that kind of shape, then I checked the 'emblem' for the DLC and it's clearly the Rasputin sign.

I'm glad my initial assessment of "The Darkness" not being part of Year 1 appears to be somewhere right at least.

That artwork for DLC 2 is really interesting.  Initially I thought it was a Warlock in the background with the armour set you see at the start of the game, but looking closer it could be a female Titan and the weapon looks very different to anything we've seen in game.

Yeah I thought the same, looks like the same warlock we seen in all the posters and stuff when the game was coming out but it's rumored to be someone called Ana Bray a Hunter Gunslinger.

One thing about Destiny i'm a bit rubbish at is the lore of the game, too lazy a person to go through the tons and tons of history regarding it all, shame because they say the "lore" is amazing reading.