Author Topic: Jarell Quansah  (Read 113569 times)

Offline BeingJohnMarkovic

• Anny Roader
  • Its All In The Game
Re: Jarell Quansah
« Reply #320 on: October 5, 2023, 10:06:02 pm »
So impressive. Cool and calm. Puts the foot in when needed. Really impressed with this young lad.
It ain't what you takin', it's who you takin' from, ya feel me? How you expect to run with the wolves come night when you spend all day sparring with the puppies?

Offline MonsLibpool

• Glass always half empty.......
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #321 on: October 5, 2023, 10:08:30 pm »
I'm glad we didn't go for Colwill. This lad is class.

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #322 on: October 5, 2023, 10:08:32 pm »
Jarell Quansah vs USG

90 mins
99 passes (most in match)
90% pass accuracy
1 chance created
5 passes into final third
8 ball recoveries
4 interceptions
2 clearances

Offline Haggis36

• purveyor of better gifs than trendisnotdestiny
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #323 on: October 5, 2023, 10:09:18 pm »
Dare I say it, he has a bit of an aura about him? Just consistently looks totally unflustered. Aged 20.

Exciting.

Offline BeingJohnMarkovic

• Anny Roader
  • Its All In The Game
« Reply #324 on: October 5, 2023, 10:12:41 pm »
Dare I say it, he has a bit of an aura about him? Just consistently looks totally unflustered. Aged 20.

Exciting.

He definitely has a sense of authority about him, even at 20. Centre half is probably the most difficult position for a young player to come into but he's doing really great. Lovely to see another young talent being given a chance.
It ain't what you takin', it's who you takin' from, ya feel me? How you expect to run with the wolves come night when you spend all day sparring with the puppies?

Offline Boaty McBoatface

• Custom Title McCustomtitleface
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #325 on: October 5, 2023, 10:15:43 pm »
MOTM for me.

Offline eddiedingle

• Kopite
« Reply #326 on: October 5, 2023, 10:17:44 pm »
Exudes quality and doesn't seem fazed in the slightest. Very impressed.

Offline So… Howard Philips

• Penile Toupé Extender. Notoriously work-shy, copper-bottomed pervert.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • All I want for Christmas is a half and half scarf
« Reply #327 on: October 5, 2023, 10:21:07 pm »
The only downside is that he hasn’t played against tough opposition yet but gradually easing him in in games like this and the Carabao will be good for his development.

Offline Spanish Al

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #328 on: October 5, 2023, 10:21:15 pm »
As others have alluded to, it’s one thing being a young player and showing a bit of class in the first team but it’s even more impressive to be doing that as a centre back. Forwards and midfielders can come in and look flashy, show good touches along with being afforded the chance to make mistakes, but as a centre half for us you have to come in and do the job. There’s no hiding place in that position, especially with the way we play.

He really does look like he has all the tools to become a genuine option for us and save us a fortune in the process.

Nothing better than seeing young lads come through the academy.
Rafa Benitez: "I’ll always keep in my heart the good times I’ve had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager."

Offline Simplexity

• Do we need the xity? (apparently not)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #329 on: October 5, 2023, 10:28:20 pm »
I like his attitude, its spot on.

Offline MonsLibpool

• Glass always half empty.......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #330 on: October 5, 2023, 10:29:22 pm »
The only downside is that he hasn’t played against tough opposition yet but gradually easing him in in games like this and the Carabao will be good for his development.
Wolves?

Don't underestimate them because they beat City and gave us and United tough games.

Offline RedG13

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #331 on: October 5, 2023, 10:32:43 pm »
Just keeps standing out at 20 at CB is very good thing.
His passing is very good

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #332 on: October 5, 2023, 10:34:10 pm »

Offline Clint Eastwood

• The man with no name
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #333 on: October 5, 2023, 10:34:34 pm »
He’ll have tougher tests but I agree he definitely has something about him.

Offline So… Howard Philips

• Penile Toupé Extender. Notoriously work-shy, copper-bottomed pervert.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • All I want for Christmas is a half and half scarf
« Reply #334 on: October 5, 2023, 10:34:49 pm »
Wolves?

Don't underestimate them because they beat City and gave us and United tough games.

I’ll give you Wolves. :D

It’s good that he can be gradually blooded and not thrown in the deep end. Hope he plays in the remainder of the EL group games and Bournemouth.

Offline arfy05

• Legacy Fan
  • Conspiracy Theorist
    • The arfy blog
« Reply #335 on: October 5, 2023, 10:38:58 pm »
What stands put for me is the fact he doesn’t seem to be carried or have his hand held. As good as Nat was for us, always felt we were more shielding of him to  prevent him getting exposed. Quansah just seems to have that presence

Offline Raid

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #336 on: October 5, 2023, 10:46:42 pm »
You don’t tend to see CBs coming through to a later age. He’s got one of the very best of all time to learn from too. One that happens to be 32 years old currently.

Head down, work hard and the opportunity is there. Great talent from what we’ve seen so far

Offline only6times

• a night. Founder of the Breck Road Brasses mediation service. Owner of an out of control Fat Finger.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #337 on: October 5, 2023, 10:47:34 pm »
Quans in a lifetime...let the water hold me down
bitter,not me.a granddad,but I'm not even 40

Offline SamLad

• Definitely not a numerologist! Definitely fodder for whimsical modding though... ;) Definitely not 72! Founding member of the Efes Animal Appreciation Society. Very mɪstʃɪvəs.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #338 on: October 5, 2023, 10:49:31 pm »
MOTM for me.
the comm on DAZN agrees with you.

close call between him and Ibou imo but I'll go with Q coz of his age.

Offline gerrardisgod

• has all his sisters with him.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Anal Dirge Prat
« Reply #339 on: October 5, 2023, 10:52:55 pm »
He’ll do for me.
AHA!

Offline Lynndenberries

• Not iste björksmak
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Sun don't shine in the shade
« Reply #340 on: October 5, 2023, 11:04:33 pm »
Excellent composure throughout the match. In the second half, he had to make a few tackles in or around the box and did brilliantly.
I love mankind; it's people I can't stand.

Offline RedSince86

• I blame Chris de Burgh
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #341 on: October 5, 2023, 11:06:53 pm »
He's awesome

Like poster above said about Colwell, money well saved.

Absolute gem on our hands.
"Since its purchase by the sheikh of Abu Dhabi, Manchester City has managed to cheat its way into the top echelon of European football and create a global, immensely profitable football empire, ignoring rules along the way. The club's newfound glory is rooted in lies."

Offline Ratboy3G

• Sworn enemy of Mousegirl5G
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #342 on: October 5, 2023, 11:08:23 pm »
Quans in a lifetime...let the water hold me down

Same as it ever was...
I am a man of few words.....any questions?

Offline Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Michael Sheen is the actual Prince of 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
« Reply #343 on: October 5, 2023, 11:29:14 pm »
So impressed with him. A very different level to the other young centre backs who’ve had some first team games in recent years (no offense like!). He just looks comfortable and confident out there.

Offline Samie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #344 on: October 6, 2023, 12:02:47 am »
Here's the crazy thing about him. He has been with us since age 5 but he isn't a Scouser. He's from Warrington.  :D

Offline SamLad

• Definitely not a numerologist! Definitely fodder for whimsical modding though... ;) Definitely not 72! Founding member of the Efes Animal Appreciation Society. Very mɪstʃɪvəs.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #345 on: October 6, 2023, 12:09:03 am »
Here's the crazy thing about him. He has been with us since age 5 but he isn't a Scouser. He's from Warrington.  :D
that's a hell of a commute for a little boy.

Online duvva 💅

• lippa RAWK Diivva, broke Kenny's sky
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • LFC Quiz Rivals Most Hated
« Reply #346 on: October 6, 2023, 12:16:34 am »
Find of the season so far. Has not looked out of place for a minute on the pitch.

Really strong when he’s needed to be as well, great on the ball and the most impressive thing is probably his decision making. For someone so inexperienced he’s hardly put a foot wrong.
"If you don't limit yourself with bad thoughts, you can fly" - Jurgen Klopp

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• Rockwool Marketing Board Spokesman. Cracker Wanker. Fucking calmest man on RAWK, alright? ALRIGHT?! Definitely a bigger cunt than YOU!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #347 on: October 6, 2023, 12:29:31 am »
Not bad is he, strong kid as well.
My cup, it runneth over, I'll never get my fill

Offline Hymer Red

• With the money from the accident she bought herself a mobile home...
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #348 on: October 6, 2023, 12:38:00 am »
Another good un we are looking good all around again
This Klopp fella, hes not bad is he?

Offline tornado

• ali
  • Kopite
« Reply #349 on: October 6, 2023, 12:45:15 am »
Great display and hopefully he can put himself in contention as regular rotation/starter for PL games by end of season/next season and not as a SOS option (like Wolves).

The situation today when the opposition guy dived in the box after he barely put an arm in his back; the way PL refereeing is going for us, it would have been given a penalty and then VAR saying not clear and obvious to overturn and commentators saying he gave the referee a decision to make. So glad, this was a European game instead.

Offline AmanShah21

• May be Frank Colombo. Never seen with Frank Colombo in the same room at the same time. You don’t have to be Sherlock Holmes, do you Miss Marple?
  • Legacy Fan
  • At the end of a storm is a golden sky!
« Reply #350 on: October 6, 2023, 01:20:13 am »
This lad is it. If he gets a yard quicker on the recovery runs, he'd be the next Van Dijk because everything else, he already has. Only needs experience to improve game after game.

Offline xbugawugax

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #351 on: October 6, 2023, 04:41:43 am »
klopp got an eye for youth development doesnt he

remember a certain mr hummels. pretty young for a defender to be trusted as first choice

lets hope quansah follows the same upward progress.might save us a few quid

Offline MrGrumpy

• Miserable old man. Does things with Nutella while trying not to think about football.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #352 on: October 6, 2023, 05:32:45 am »
Plays with a calmness that belies his years.
Justice for the 96!

Offline Knight

• No one understands football like me.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #353 on: October 6, 2023, 06:42:36 am »
This lad is it. If he gets a yard quicker on the recovery runs, he'd be the next Van Dijk because everything else, he already has. Only needs experience to improve game after game.

He’s perhaps not quite as quick as would be ideal but at 20 there’s room for a bit of growth there. The most exciting thing for me at the moment is how young he is and how many minutes he’s getting. He’s going to end up with so many first team minutes by the end of the season and he’s going to have done it at 20. Given how CBS are late developers that’s incredible.

Offline BobPaisley3

• SirAlexFerguson2, the bad manc twat :)
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • PGMOL fanboy
« Reply #354 on: October 6, 2023, 06:53:35 am »
Only seen the highlights but was particularly impressed with one towering headed clearance towards the end. Got in among the heads and got excellent distance too. He’s got the lot.
94 Corner to us. Last kick. Ali in the box and he’s scored

Offline farawayred

• Whizz For Atomms. Nucular boffin. A Mars A Day Helps Him Work, Rest And Play
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Oh yes, I'm a believer!
« Reply #355 on: October 6, 2023, 07:25:18 am »
Playing his first European game and outperforming everyone but maybe Gravenberch, that says something! This kid is an ace. I've seen him only a couple of times with the youngsters and he didn't stand out for me in those games, but maybe I didn't have the eyes to see him properly. He's doing a great job with the first team. Maybe it's a Kloppo effect?
Cruyff: "Victory is not enough, there also needs to be beautiful football."

Offline Drinks Sangria

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • 'I'm caught on your coat again.'
« Reply #356 on: October 6, 2023, 08:52:55 am »
I’m sold on him. Young players can improve quickly but from the player I saw at Bristol Rovers to now, he’s refined his game massively inside 6 months. Well done to the lad.
“Seeing these smiling faces is the greatest pleasure. They have been magnificent all season. They have been our 12th man. I have always said our fans are the best in England. Now I know they are the best in Europe too.” Rafa Benitez

Offline Gus 1855

• GusMcLean is a direct descendent of wee Jimmy the Jock McSporran, son of Ally McLeod, voted best Flower of Scotland performer 2003. Changed name in hope of attracting Bridesmaid but he's still Scottish as a Glaswegian deep fried Haggis
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #357 on: October 6, 2023, 09:13:14 am »
He's going to make a mistake or so in the games he plays this season and that'll knock his confidence and even some fans will start to claim he's not good enough. That's a right of passage for a young defender or goalkeeper. It's happened to them all.

But, the raw ingredients are there for him to do very nicely.

Physically, very impressive for his age, tall, strong already and has decent pace about him.
His passing, tackling and heading all look very strong.

But, most importantly, his attitude looks absolutely spot on. Not phased at all, decision making is excellent.

Often young defenders can lack a little bit of the physicality needed to develop young, but he doesn't seem bothered at all being up against older, big attackers. He's happy to be on the ball.

I think he's as good a prospect at centre back coming through the youth team as I've seen.
It looks to me as if we have signed another 'average' player. I'll hold back my complete opinion until I see the lad play

Offline JC the Messiah

• Legacy Fan
  • ♪ ...and now Jürgen-a believe us... ♬
« Reply #358 on: October 6, 2023, 09:18:44 am »

It's nice when you see someone come from a developing country where they've only known poverty and hardship, and they come good.

He does very accomplished already. Take the pressure off Gomez, who has been playing well recently. We're definitely not as reliant on Virgil now, and it's not panic stations when the captain isn't playing.

20 years old. He's no Maguire.
"I said to the boys before the game it would be impossible. But because it’s you, I say we have a chance."
Jürgen Klopp, 7 May 2019

"I told them if we score it will be different. We scored. It was different."
Rafael Benitez, 25 May 2005

Offline xbugawugax

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #359 on: October 6, 2023, 09:57:41 am »
Playing his first European game and outperforming everyone but maybe Gravenberch, that says something! This kid is an ace. I've seen him only a couple of times with the youngsters and he didn't stand out for me in those games, but maybe I didn't have the eyes to see him properly. He's doing a great job with the first team. Maybe it's a Kloppo effect?

think that is a plus point for a defender isn't it. i didnt think van dijk was any good when i watched him with the saints. hardly any highlights of blockbuster sliding tackles and looks way to casual. didn't think maldini and nesta was any good either. they have defending down to an artform.