Author Topic: The Office (American version)  (Read 74235 times)

Offline John_P

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Re: The Office (American version)
« Reply #800 on: Yesterday at 08:16:54 pm »
Listening to one of the podcast series about the show (think it was the Brian Baumgartner audio history one) the called the show The Office: An American Workplace with the idea being if they did do any spin offs they'd use An American Workplace.

The people behind the American office were great so I'll look forward to seeing what they do with this.
"I must go to the hospital because the injury was so serious that maybe he will be there for one week,"

Gamertag: Chosen John

Offline Barefoot Doctor

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: The Office (American version)
« Reply #801 on: Yesterday at 11:27:48 pm »
There is a sequel of sorts in works. Same creators, mockumentary, and it’s set at a failing Midwest newspaper company, with Domhal Gleason starring.

I think “sequel” is only there as they want the name recognition, although as it’s a newspaper there is potential for cameos. One odd detail pointed out is that it’s the same documentary film crew. Other than the weird Pam subplot near the end, I don’t think they featured in it at all.

I know the initial reaction is “it’ll be a shit retread”, but we will see.

On a side note, if you do like mockumenatries, Abbot Elementary is enjoyable and worth a watch.

Yeah very tenuous sequel. As you say, it’s basically just another mockumentary but is trading on the name recognition of the Office. Will give it a chance though as the behind the scenes crew is good and I like Gleason.

Listening to one of the podcast series about the show (think it was the Brian Baumgartner audio history one) the called the show The Office: An American Workplace with the idea being if they did do any spin offs they'd use An American Workplace.

The people behind the American office were great so I'll look forward to seeing what they do with this.

I thought the ‘American Workplace’ subtitle was only used over here to differentiate it from the original. Don’t think it was actually used in the US.
« Last Edit: Yesterday at 11:30:24 pm by Barefoot Doctor »