Author Topic: Man United v Liverpool - The FA Cup - Prematch Thread  (Read 22025 times)

Offline Bobinhood

• RAWK's Pam Ayres. Man without a hat.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hand over the Trophy
Re: Man United v Liverpool - The FA Cup - Prematch Thread
« Reply #120 on: January 24, 2021, 02:17:11 am »
We are fucking winning this cup.

Wait and see.
Amplification does not equal truth. 

"Put these seeds in your pocket. At least sunflowers will grow where you lie!"
A Ukrainian housewife to a young Russian soldier, Feb 24,2022.

Offline kasperoff

• Legacy Fan
  • What happened to Sabu?
« Reply #121 on: January 24, 2021, 02:26:25 am »

Why is the league looking quite unlikely?

You're talking like we're 17th or something rather than just off the pace.

If Tottenham, Everton and Villa win their games in hand, we are 7th. When was the last time a team came back from 4th - 7th place at the halfway point to win the league? Not happening.

It is what it is. Call me what you want. I'd be fully focussing on the CL and at least 4th at this point.

If we had anything about us, we'd be giving Man Utd hell tomorrow to make try and disrupt their form in the PL. It worked out well for Everton.
« Last Edit: January 24, 2021, 02:30:29 am by kasperoff »
I think the same, can't stand him, but if you could have a £1million pound cheque or steve bruces head hollowed out and filled with pound coins which would you have?

Online Eeyore

• "I have no problem whatsoever stating that FSG have done a good job.".Mo Money, Mo Problems to invent. Number 1 is Carragher. Number 2 is Carragher. Number 3 is Carragher. Number 4 is Carragher. Likes to play God in his spare time.
  • Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97
« Reply #122 on: January 24, 2021, 02:54:29 am »
If Tottenham, Everton and Villa win their games in hand, we are 7th. When was the last time a team came back from 4th - 7th place at the halfway point to win the league? Not happening.

The slight flaw in that argument is that Spurs and Villa's game in hand is against each other, so I don't think they will both win that and Everton's game in hand is against City.

Even after a horrendous run we are still only 6 points from top with 19 games to go.

We have had a horrendous run with injuries and COVID in a compacted season. Let's see how other teams cope.

"Ohhh-kayyy"

Offline idontknow

• idonowknowicanchangethisijustfoundouticould
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #123 on: January 24, 2021, 03:05:50 am »
When was the last time a team came back from 4th - 7th place at the halfway point to win the league? Not happening.

It is what it is.
81-82? Wasn't happening then either.

Fuck rationality, this is football, Liverpool win.

:wave
It is a machine. It is more stupid than we are. It will not stop us from doing stupid things.

Offline GreatEx

• pectations. might be a cunt but isn't a capitalist cunt. Blissfully ignorant.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #124 on: January 24, 2021, 03:33:11 am »
If we had anything about us, we'd be giving Man Utd hell tomorrow to make try and disrupt their form in the PL. It worked out well for Everton.

True. Let's instruct Alisson* to put his studs through Bruno's kneecap every time he hears a whistle, apparently that's allowed now.

* was going to say Adrian, but if there's no repercussions we may as well use our #1, right?

Offline Number 7

• Gegenpresser
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • And the sweet silver song of a lark..
« Reply #125 on: January 24, 2021, 04:06:42 am »
I’m honestly not expecting much from this game.
We won’t get any major decisions go our way because we never do over there.
YWNA

Offline alvaro

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #126 on: January 24, 2021, 04:08:09 am »
We are winning tommorrow. Its been 100 years.

Online Eeyore

• "I have no problem whatsoever stating that FSG have done a good job.".Mo Money, Mo Problems to invent. Number 1 is Carragher. Number 2 is Carragher. Number 3 is Carragher. Number 4 is Carragher. Likes to play God in his spare time.
  • Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97
« Reply #127 on: January 24, 2021, 04:33:42 am »
We are winning tommorrow. Its been 100 years.

I love the 100 years stat. In the last 100 years we have won 1 FA Cup game at Old Trafford against United, and they have won 1 FA Cup game at Anfield against Liverpool.
"Ohhh-kayyy"

Offline RogerTheRed

• Danke Juergen
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • There's a golden sky on the way
« Reply #128 on: January 24, 2021, 06:52:39 am »
The Matip thi g is a bit odd. I think we need him more on the Sunday matches for the next couple of weeks than the Thursday ones. Wonder if he plays again today and has Thursday off?
Come On You Mighty Scouse Reds!!

Offline harleydanger

• 7/2=3. Proud holder of shittest ideas badge.
  • Legacy Fan
  • If I sound stupid, I'm probably casting a line
« Reply #129 on: January 24, 2021, 07:36:17 am »
6 points off top after 19 and pricks on here are writing us off.

Beating the traffic in Istanbul level of faithlessness.
« Last Edit: January 24, 2021, 10:21:34 am by harleydanger »
WHAT A TIME TO BE ALIVE!

Normally a player can look great on tubes, but one of the things that's encouraging for me is just the amount of youtube videos on him

Offline LiamG

• He's loving angels instead. Cos through it all they offer him protection.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Y.N.W.A
« Reply #130 on: January 24, 2021, 07:59:03 am »
Quietly confident we are gonna win....

Offline Smellytrabs

• Sme-llytrabs....what are they feeding you? It's not your fault! Has an anus that looks like a *
  • No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #131 on: January 24, 2021, 09:20:25 am »
I'd love an open game of football with a few goals.

Offline AussieHKRed

• Anny Roader
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #132 on: January 24, 2021, 09:31:11 am »
Please Klopp don't play Fabinho and Matip today

My suggested line up

Alisson
Neco Rhys Phillips Tsimikas
Jones Thiago Oxley-Chamberlain
     Salah   Origi    Minamino

Salah can be the captain of the team

Offline Clint Eastwood

• The man with no name
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #133 on: January 24, 2021, 09:33:39 am »
We’d get battered with that team. I can’t be arsed with this game but we really need to win a match.

Offline Bucko - Dubai

• Anny Roader
« Reply #134 on: January 24, 2021, 09:42:28 am »

My suggested line up

Alisson

Really? We would be destroyed. There is no recognised decent defensive player there!

This should be the last team we should play

Online AndyMuller

• Has always wondered how to do it. Rice, Rice, Baby. Wants to have George Michael. Would batter A@A at karate.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #135 on: January 24, 2021, 09:43:08 am »
Scrape a 1-0 kicking fuck out of them please. Let’s be nasty.

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #136 on: January 24, 2021, 09:46:45 am »
The slight flaw in that argument is that Spurs and Villa's game in hand is against each other, so I don't think they will both win that and Everton's game in hand is against City.

Even after a horrendous run we are still only 6 points from top with 19 games to go.

We have had a horrendous run with injuries and COVID in a compacted season. Let's see how other teams cope.

The thing is, the talk about fixture congestion has died a death a bit. In the first part of the season we were all saying watch when Christmas comes and smaller teams have to deal with it. That as yet hasnt really happened.

Offline Lycan

• Loves egg. Quite partial to a nipple too. Once came into contact with Jeremy Beadle and his tiny right hand. I used to be a Werewolf, but I'm alright noooooooooowww!!!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #137 on: January 24, 2021, 10:07:04 am »

My suggested line up

Alisson

You do realise we need to get back into the habit of winning, and quickly don't you?
“There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. A high-powered mutant of some kind, never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.”

Offline fowlermagic

• Ilittarate
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #138 on: January 24, 2021, 10:08:19 am »

When was the last time a team was 4th, 5th, 6th or 7th were within 6 points of the top? This season is a season of firsts.
I have a simple philosophy: Fill what's empty. Empty what's full. Scratch where it itches. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zi5-V75v-6I

Offline Lycan

• Loves egg. Quite partial to a nipple too. Once came into contact with Jeremy Beadle and his tiny right hand. I used to be a Werewolf, but I'm alright noooooooooowww!!!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #139 on: January 24, 2021, 10:11:25 am »
When was the last time a team was 4th, 5th, 6th or 7th were within 6 points of the top? This season is a season of firsts.

It's an absolute freak of a season without the fans being there. That's one of the reasons why it's so tight. It's been a bit depressing recently being a red, but the beauty of this league this season is that 3-4 wins in a row and all of a sudden you're right back in the mix.
“There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. A high-powered mutant of some kind, never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.”

Offline Graeme

• Slightly Undergay RAWK PC Support
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #140 on: January 24, 2021, 10:42:37 am »
Craig Pawson referee with Andre Marriner VAR.

Offline DelTrotter

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #141 on: January 24, 2021, 10:46:18 am »
Strongest team, in to them!

Offline Clint Eastwood

• The man with no name
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #142 on: January 24, 2021, 10:47:05 am »
Wish this was an earlier kick off.

I’d go with: Alisson; Milner, Matip, Fabinho, Robbo; Hendo(?), Thiago, Jones; Salah, Minamino, Mane.

Offline Gaz123456

• Legacy Fan
  • 2005 - The best and worst year of my life
    • Elite Financial Planning Consultants
« Reply #143 on: January 24, 2021, 10:52:59 am »

I’d go with: Alisson; Milner, Matip, Fabinho, Robbo; Hendo(?), Thiago, Jones; Salah, Minamino, Mane.
Agree with that. Milner in for Trent and Minamino for Bob are good moves.

Offline DangerScouse

• "You picked on the wrong city!"
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #144 on: January 24, 2021, 11:06:49 am »
I'd be more than happy to see Joel on the bench today. Bigger games than this coming up in the league and need to keep him as fresh as possible.

Offline stockdam

• The sheer loftus-cheek of the man.....
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Walk on through the wind, Walk on through the rain
« Reply #145 on: January 24, 2021, 11:07:32 am »
Really? We would be destroyed. There is no recognised decent defensive player there!

This should be the last team we should play

Destroyed? By Utd? We’re playing the team that played 6 defenders in their box the last time and were disappointed that they didn’t win.

No matter which team we put out, Utd will setup for a 0-0 draw. It’s not in their DNA to attack.

In fact I’d be delighted if they came out of their shell and tried to attack; it would open them up to the counter.

I don’t see any other tactics other than their dogshit pack their own box style.
#JFT97

Offline solidgold

• Main Stander
« Reply #146 on: January 24, 2021, 11:12:56 am »
Let them have a taste of their own Medicine. Just sit back and defend in depth. Let them come and will break away and put 2-3 away. No sweat.

Offline Cesar

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #147 on: January 24, 2021, 11:13:59 am »

That's a reassuring response tbf, I never looked at who their games in hand were myself.

Anyway, full strength today. Smash these Manc fucks. Whistle will go for them constantly anyway so may as well make it count

Offline Pistolero

• BELIEVE. My bad. This. Lol. Bless. Meh. Wow just wow. Hate on. The Ev. Phil.
  • Legacy Fan
  • A serpent's tooth...
« Reply #148 on: January 24, 2021, 11:21:36 am »
Well that's not strictly true mate.

well it is really isn't it John 8)...that quote you found from 7 weeks ago just backs up what i said yesterday about this year's competition ..ie, usually love it, but in this calamitous year I don't...hats off to those who don't share that view and I hope you enjoy the game....I'll be out with my dogs somewhere listening to Rambling Syd Rumpo
They have life in them, they have humour, they're arrogant, they're cocky and they're proud. And that's what I want my team to be.

Offline The G in Gerrard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #149 on: January 24, 2021, 11:25:41 am »

Think that will be the team but Kostas at left back & Ox in midfield instead of Henderson & Bobby not Sadio  ;D

Offline Wengerpresser101

• 8 posts in, could be RAWK’s greatest ever contributor. 248 posts in, the jury's still out......It's a fax he's a dickhead. Still the Greatest Fan of L...sorry...AFC there's EVER been!
  • Kopite
« Reply #150 on: January 24, 2021, 11:41:32 am »
I hope we win this, hope we put out a good side. Any boost in confidence (via a win) would be good for the team.

Offline kasperoff

• Legacy Fan
  • What happened to Sabu?
« Reply #151 on: January 24, 2021, 11:42:15 am »

For me it's more about the number of teams we are now behind (or potentially behind). They all have to a wobble whilst we'll need to be pretty much spot on, starting now!

Which brings us to the game today. It's not a league game, but it's an ideal chance to get kick-started again, and pretty much a free hit to perhaps try something different against what we pretty much know will be another low block.

As daft as it may sound, I'm looking forward to seeing at how we address this current dip. Some players are out of form, but I feel like it's more of a tactical challenge that we have to surmount. I know Klopp can get us out of this and I'm interested to see what we do.
« Last Edit: January 24, 2021, 11:59:46 am by kasperoff »
I think the same, can't stand him, but if you could have a £1million pound cheque or steve bruces head hollowed out and filled with pound coins which would you have?

Online smutchin

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #152 on: January 24, 2021, 12:01:18 pm »
We’d get battered with that team. I can’t be arsed with this game but we really need to win a match.

Indeed. I have a suspicion Klopp will go with a strong team just because they need an opportunity to play themselves into form.

On the other hand, several players really do need a rest and the league is still far more important than the domestic cups.

Impossible to predict who will play, so I'm happy to just wait and see. And hope that whoever does play gives a good account of themselves. AND SCORES A FEW FUCKING GOALS, PLEASE.

Offline Red Sky at Night

• Main Stander
« Reply #153 on: January 24, 2021, 12:18:01 pm »
I hope we win this, hope we put out a good side. Any boost in confidence (via a win) would be good for the team.

Let's hope so.

I'd love a few goals in our favour to get our strikers re discovering the adrenalin rush after scoring, but would be content with a 1-0 with the ball going in off Maguire's left knee if it gets us the win.
‘It’s one of the finest exhibitions of football I’ve ever seen in my life… I’ve seen Brazilians play but I’ve never seen the game played at that pace or executed like that.’ - Sir Tom Finney after Liverpool thrashed Nottingham Forest 5-0 in 1988

Offline free_at_last

• Legacy Fan
  • we all live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #154 on: January 24, 2021, 12:18:18 pm »
For me it's more about the number of teams we are now behind (or potentially behind). They all have to a wobble whilst we'll need to be pretty much spot on, starting now!

Which brings us to the game today. It's not a league game, but it's an ideal chance to get kick-started again, and pretty much a free hit to perhaps try something different against what we pretty much know will be another low block.

As daft as it may sound, I'm looking forward to seeing at how we address this current dip. Some players are out of form, but I feel like it's more of a tactical challenge that we have to surmount. I know Klopp can get us out of this and I'm interested to see what we do.
It is a free hit. Imagine if we played a low block straight back at them and played for pens :) . They would be flabbergasted :)

Offline Dave D

• Dozy, Beaky, Mick and Tich
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #155 on: January 24, 2021, 12:22:31 pm »
I'd like us to sit back for the full 90 minutes, do fuck all apart from the odd set piece, then win it with a controversial winner in the 92nd minute. Fuck it, it's about time roles were reversed for us this season.

Offline markthescouser

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #156 on: January 24, 2021, 12:28:23 pm »
I’m thinking that the ref is going to give a terrible decision in our favour today. Game that isn’t quite as important to us as some of the others, but still high profile enough for people to point at and say “it all evens out in the end”, when we get fucked over in the next 18 games or so

Offline Zee_26

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #157 on: January 24, 2021, 12:28:30 pm »

I like the look of this lineup. Wonder if Gini would play instead of Jones since he's more adept and physically battling it out with Pogba and McTominay. But on the other hand, he is due a rest.

Offline zx12arrgh

• Main Stander
« Reply #158 on: January 24, 2021, 12:36:52 pm »

My suggested line up

Alisson

How many tinnies you had mate 😂

Offline Jookie

• Ruptures, then repairs the tears
  • Legacy Fan
  • Muted Al 666's posts for my own sanity
« Reply #159 on: January 24, 2021, 12:39:13 pm »
I think Milner is an absolute cert to play today. I was surprised he didn't play on Thursday due to his leadership and experience.

Think the Thursday to Sunday nature of the last 2 games means we'll rotate a bit and a few players who started on the bench on Thursday will start. Neco Williams, Milner, one of Phillips or Rhys Williams, Jones, Minamino, Salah and Firmino gives you 8 starters when you include a GK.

Think the remaining 3 is from Robertson or Tsimikas, Fabinho or Matip and then either a 3rd midfielder (Thiago, AOC or Gini) or a 4th forward (Origi, Mane or Shaqiri).

If I had to guess I'd go with the following:

Alisson

Williams
R.Williams
Fabinho
Robertson

Milner
Jones

Minamino
Firmino
Origi or AOC

Salah
I think Jookie might just be the best fisherman on this thread.