Author Topic: The Title Race 2023/24- Jurgen's Last Dance  (Read 243774 times)

Offline Kenny's Jacket

• Kenny's Vegan Jacket Potato. Talks more sense than me.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: The Title Race 2023/24- Jurgen's Last Dance
« Reply #4240 on: April 20, 2024, 12:03:59 pm »
Just looked at the fixtures schedule after the cheats played extra time, they really do get lucky
As I've said before, the Full English is just the base upon which the Scots/Welsh/NI have improved upon. Sorry but the Full English is the worst of the British breakfasts.

Offline Draex

• Geek God of Typing Letters. Hugo unleashes Jaws? Purveyor of fuel products in Kent.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4241 on: April 20, 2024, 12:04:48 pm »
Just looked at the fixtures schedule after the cheats played extra time, they really do get lucky

A game tonight against an in form Chelsea which could go to extra time? I'd rather not be playing that personally :D

Online MonsLibpool

• Glass always half empty.......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4242 on: April 20, 2024, 12:09:19 pm »
They couldn't beat Chelsea in the league this season and they could have easily lost both games if Chelsea had been more clinical.

If they go out of two competitions in three days then there's more pressure on them. The pressure of ending the season empty-handed.
« Last Edit: April 20, 2024, 12:14:51 pm by MonsLibpool »

Offline Kenny's Jacket

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4243 on: April 20, 2024, 12:09:48 pm »
A game tonight against an in form Chelsea which could go to extra time? I'd rather not be playing that personally :D

Id rather they had a league game after the CL, there next game is Thursday, nice break
As I've said before, the Full English is just the base upon which the Scots/Welsh/NI have improved upon. Sorry but the Full English is the worst of the British breakfasts.

Online DelTrotter

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4244 on: April 20, 2024, 12:10:45 pm »

Yeah it's annoying, would have been much better if they had a league game instead of a shitty cup game where they'll no doubt rest loads.

Arsenal later again get to play someone missing a load of players, feels like they've had 30 games of that this season!

Offline Kenny's Jacket

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4245 on: April 20, 2024, 12:17:42 pm »
Yeah it's annoying, would have been much better if they had a league game instead of a shitty cup game where they'll no doubt rest loads.

Arsenal later again get to play someone missing a load of players, feels like they've had 30 games of that this season!

Yeah, nice rest. Haaland is a doubt, gutted if the only  game he misses is FAC

Offline kavah

• the Blacksmith. Definitely NOT from Blackpool!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4246 on: April 20, 2024, 01:07:19 pm »
There's no other option now than to vociferously back this brilliant team and manager.

Last 6 matches with Jurgen at the helm. Let's fucking make some noise and push for a miracle.

If any club can pull it off, it's us.

Right. Let’s back these mighty reds and this magnificent manager

Offline darragh85

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4247 on: April 20, 2024, 01:13:29 pm »
It's starting to hit home now. This is it.

Online Jm55

• Would legit drive you round the bend but his car legit won't start. More bounze... to the ounze.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4248 on: April 20, 2024, 01:17:36 pm »
Yeah, nice rest. Haaland is a doubt, gutted if the only  game he misses is FAC

To be fair on recent form I’m not convinced he improves them that much.

Offline N0rnIr0nRed

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #4249 on: April 20, 2024, 06:47:52 pm »
6 games left of our season and realistically it may be the last concrete chance we get at the league in the short term future...Klopp needs to somehow get himself and the players re-motivated, at the moment he is going out on a whimper. These last few games we have been lethargic and well below the level we know we can produce.

Even getting 6 wins is no guarantee, we need Arsenal and City to blink. But I just want us to give it a real go, the title is still there for the taking.
"I usually have a second pair of glasses but I can't find them because it's hard to find glasses without glasses!" Jürgen Klopp

Offline stonecold_jpm

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4250 on: April 20, 2024, 07:31:15 pm »
If only we could get a lucky break where the team we’re facing has the whole team out, City with Villa and now Arsenal. Couldn’t make this shit up if you tried.

Online cdav

• Is Melissa Reddy. Confirmed by himself. (Probably not though, he's a much better writer.)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4251 on: April 20, 2024, 08:22:42 pm »
If only we could get a lucky break where the team we’re facing has the whole team out, City with Villa and now Arsenal. Couldn’t make this shit up if you tried.

Or completely mis-hit the opening goal like Arsenal then

Offline MH41

• Kopite
« Reply #4252 on: April 21, 2024, 02:51:27 pm »
4 (away) games in 10 days is a big task.
Why are City however not playing until Thursday?
They played yesterday, Brighton didn't play at all. The game should surely be wednesday, particularly as they also would have hoped to still be playing in the CL semi's (first leg is Tuesday)

Online Macc77

• Anny Roader
« Reply #4253 on: April 21, 2024, 03:02:43 pm »
4 (away) games in 10 days is a big task.
Why are City however not playing until Thursday?
They played yesterday, Brighton didn't play at all. The game should surely be wednesday, particularly as they also would have hoped to still be playing in the CL semi's (first leg is Tuesday)

TV unfortunately. Sky picked the derby and the Brighton-City game for the Sunday of the Cup QFs so get to show them both now, and will have wanted to show them on different nights. Agreed it would make more sense for them to play Wed and us Thu, but they probably see Wed as a bigger night and the derby as a bigger game, so we get the short straw.

Offline lionel_messias

• likes pulling cocker spaniels out of Kim Kardassian's ass
  • Legacy Fan
  • 'You can throw your plan in the purple bin'
« Reply #4254 on: April 21, 2024, 07:28:34 pm »
Now focus on Everton. Good win, plus Macca and Mo largely rested. Trent and Jota factors back.
Follow me on twatter: @JDMessias

Offline Number 7

• Gegenpresser
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • And the sweet silver song of a lark..
« Reply #4255 on: April 21, 2024, 07:35:58 pm »
2 wins on the bounce.

Winning breeds winning.

That was a tough away game out the way. The players will take some confidence from that and let’s see what happens at Everton. We’re still alive and that’s all we can ask for right now.

Hoping Chelsea can bounce back from yesterday. They’ve given all top teams a game this season so that’s a tricky game for Arsenal and the pressure will be on them again playing first.
YWNA

Online Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
  • Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to
« Reply #4256 on: April 21, 2024, 07:36:05 pm »
We managed the squad well today and we've got a strong bench again which should serve us well for the next two.

This time next Sunday we'll know where we are. We'll have to be top to have a chance really (City game in hand as well).

Two tough away games but Arsenal have Chelsea and Spurs.

I don't think City's next two are easy either. Brighton isn't a gimme and Forest away will be feisty after today, it's not an easy place to go when they're up for it.
Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season

Offline Draex

• Geek God of Typing Letters. Hugo unleashes Jaws? Purveyor of fuel products in Kent.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4257 on: April 21, 2024, 07:37:20 pm »
5 to go..

Offline Mister Flip Flop

• More flop than flip.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4258 on: April 21, 2024, 07:39:55 pm »
We managed the squad well today and we've got a strong bench again which should serve us well for the next two.

This time next Sunday we'll know where we are. We'll have to be top to have a chance really (City game in hand as well).

Two tough away games but Arsenal have Chelsea and Spurs.

I don't think City's next two are easy either. Brighton isn't a gimme and Forest away will be feisty after today, it's not an easy place to go when they're up for it.

115 will stroll their remaining games im afraid.
Soccer - let's face it, its not really about a game of ball anymore is it?

Online Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4259 on: April 21, 2024, 07:42:35 pm »

I think they've got a slip up in them, but a draw isn't enough for us now and that's even if we win all ours.

If we can do the business ourselves - and get our noses in front of Arsenal - then realistically it's a case of hoping Spurs do something and they'll need a result for top 4.

5 wins in itself is a huge ask for us, we can only concentrate on winning ourselves.

We'll end up kicking ourselves over losing 5 points to a dogshit United team.

Offline lionel_messias

• likes pulling cocker spaniels out of Kim Kardassian's ass
  • Legacy Fan
  • 'You can throw your plan in the purple bin'
« Reply #4260 on: April 21, 2024, 07:44:38 pm »

Can I have Euromillions numbers please?
Follow me on twatter: @JDMessias

Online Eeyore

• "I have no problem whatsoever stating that FSG have done a good job.".Mo Money, Mo Problems to invent. Number 1 is Carragher. Number 2 is Carragher. Number 3 is Carragher. Number 4 is Carragher. Likes to play God in his spare time.
  • Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97
« Reply #4261 on: April 21, 2024, 07:44:53 pm »

Amazing that they have failed to win 10 of their 32 League games so far.

They were expected to stroll their way through against Madrid and batter Chelsea.
"Ohhh-kayyy"

Online Eeyore

• "I have no problem whatsoever stating that FSG have done a good job.".Mo Money, Mo Problems to invent. Number 1 is Carragher. Number 2 is Carragher. Number 3 is Carragher. Number 4 is Carragher. Likes to play God in his spare time.
  • Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97
« Reply #4262 on: April 21, 2024, 07:46:52 pm »
I think they've got a slip up in them, but a draw isn't enough for us now and that's even if we win all ours.

If we can do the business ourselves - and get our noses in front of Arsenal - then realistically it's a case of hoping Spurs do something and they'll need a result for top 4.

5 wins in itself is a huge ask for us, we can only concentrate on winning ourselves.

Why isn't a draw enough. If they draw one game and we win all our games then the GD is going to be extremely close.
"Ohhh-kayyy"

Online Fromola

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4263 on: April 21, 2024, 07:48:10 pm »
City aren't looking all that convincing. They're living on their luck as we've had to a lot as well.

A big win at home to Luton but look at Luton yesterday - they're shot now and they're the kind of team City always turn over at home.

They'll find some of the away trips they've got left tough.

Online Fromola

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4264 on: April 21, 2024, 07:51:05 pm »
Why isn't a draw enough. If they draw one game and we win all our games then the GD is going to be extremely close.

It could be, yeah. If we were level on points last day and goal difference is tight, you wouldn't want a shootout with them though. West Ham battered today and already on the beach and Moyes likely going.

Arsenal still have to drop points as well though.

Offline WestieRed

• Main Stander
  • BELIEVER
« Reply #4265 on: April 21, 2024, 07:51:22 pm »
5 games to glory!!  :champ :champ

Offline Redley

• Legacy Fan
  • Turned doubters to believers
« Reply #4266 on: April 21, 2024, 07:51:26 pm »

I guess it tells of your mindset that you’re imagining we lost games which we didn’t. Embarrassment.

Offline Nick110581

• Up the tricky reds
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hearts Jurgen
« Reply #4267 on: April 21, 2024, 08:01:40 pm »

Maybe we could be annoyed about Spurs decision and the Doku assault on Mac.
No, jazz. You fear jazz. You fear the lack of rules, the lack of boundaries. Oh look, it's a fence. But, no, it's soft.

Offline Danny Singh

• Main Stander
« Reply #4268 on: April 21, 2024, 08:15:56 pm »
That palace loss could be the reason we don’t win it.. I think we could win all 5 but can’t see city dropping points in 2 games as even a draw means they are ahead on GD..

All the decisions we had against us too - we really should be 5/6 points clear but only have ourselves to blame..

God I hope I’m wrong.

Offline Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4269 on: April 21, 2024, 08:22:01 pm »
That palace loss could be the reason we don’t win it.. I think we could win all 5 but can’t see city dropping points in 2 games as even a draw means they are ahead on GD..

All the decisions we had against us too - we really should be 5/6 points clear but only have ourselves to blame..

God I hope I’m wrong.

How does that work?
Craig Burnley V West Ham - WEST HAM WIN - INCORRECT

Offline mullyred94

• Legacy Fan
  • Darwin Nunez's lovechild
« Reply #4270 on: April 21, 2024, 08:22:38 pm »

God I hope I’m wrong.

In isolation you can look at a handful of games. Luton away when Nunez and Salah missed from 3 yards out sticks in my mind to be honest.

Spurs game start of the season...

Losing to arsenal 3-1 might be the game that threw it away apart from Palace imo.

Dropping points to Arsenal looks huge now

Offline Danny Singh

• Main Stander
« Reply #4271 on: April 21, 2024, 08:32:16 pm »
How does that work?

Yes we had decisions go against us which were scandalous but not getting wins vs Utd, Palace and Luton due to our attacking fluffing so many easy chances could cost us - hence why we only have ourselves to blame.

Offline Buster Gonad

• Kopite
« Reply #4272 on: April 21, 2024, 08:33:32 pm »
Yes we had decisions go against us which were scandalous but not getting wins vs Utd, Palace and Luton due to our attacking fluffing so many easy chances could cost us - hence why we only have ourselves to blame.

All 3 teams missed chances and dropped points. Only one team got royally screwed by officials.

Online exiledintheUSA

• Not to be confused with Darren from Thetford. Or Phil Dowd.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice HAS come. YNWA 97
« Reply #4273 on: April 21, 2024, 08:34:01 pm »

A City draw works for us.  If we did win out then GD becomes a really close thing.

Brighton getting a point out of them this week would be a great start.
Been all over the world but Anfield is still my home.

Offline Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4274 on: April 21, 2024, 08:39:15 pm »

Missing chances and dropping points are completely normal and happen to every team in world football.
Having very dubious decisions go against you many times over a season is not completely normal and doesn't happen to every team in world football.

I'll be grateful for the effort this side put in regardless of the outcome. I won't be grateful for the effort of PGMOL.
Craig Burnley V West Ham - WEST HAM WIN - INCORRECT

Offline palimpsest

• Kopite
« Reply #4275 on: April 21, 2024, 08:50:49 pm »
I was never a fan of bemoaning this result or that as *the one* that cost us a trophy and I find it especially silly in a season where, if there's one game to pin our frustrations on, the choice is clear: the daylight robbery against Spurs. If we end up missing out on a title by a point or so, I won't shut up about it.
We had dreams and songs to sing...

Offline alonsoisared

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4276 on: April 21, 2024, 08:52:19 pm »
It's a really weird feeling at the moment. I was so incredibly emotionally invested in this when I was typing this out 107 pages and 2 and a half months ago. We are right, slap bang in the middle of a title race with only 5 games to go and I'm watching the games with a weird sense of resignation? I've got none of the nerves of 18/19 and 21/22 where every game was torture and hysteria.

We've let it out of our hands but we're still essentially in exactly the same place we were in those two seasons and I didn't think we were out of it then. A big part of it is obviously the performances and the way we've been dumped out of two cup competitions either side of those two desperately disappointing league results...but we're still right there, in with a shout.

The fixtures came up down the bottom of the screen on sky today and you're thinking...Brighton away Thursday ain't easy for city. Forest away was tough for us, that won't be easy for them either. Forgot they had spurs away, too. Then you look at Arsenal, fair fucks if they get through those 5 with even 3 wins and a couple of draws.

We don't have to play well to win out. Performances mean nothing at this stage. We just have to scrape through, as we've grown a habit of doing.

Saying that, I actually thought even at half time today that there was some decent progress made in terms of performance. It was noted, repeatedly, on sky that we were quite slow on the ball but I felt we needed that sense of calmness and control, it's been totally lacking in recent weeks where weve been trying to do everything at 100 miles an hour, leaving ourselves wide open at the back. We can be slow in the build up but then move it quicker in the final third which we did especially well in the second half, with Diaz, Gakpo and Jota all contributing. Not to mention Gravenberch once he got that goal.

I almost don't want to get dragged back into full scale believing because it is the hope that kills you. And it has been cruel in the past. Thank fuck we beat Barca and then won in Madrid in 2019 or that season might've been even more cruel than 2014. A couple of millimetres from an unbeaten, 100 point, league and European cup winning season. Fucking centre half hit and hope with 10 minutes to go in the penultimate game. Then the City Villa debacle. Gerrard...Coutinho...it was too perfect.

You get so invested and then so fucking gutted when you miss out that it's almost better to feel a bit hopeless about it and take emotions out. But logically...logically, it could still happen. Fuck off, brain.

Offline Nick110581

• Up the tricky reds
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hearts Jurgen
« Reply #4277 on: April 21, 2024, 08:53:56 pm »
I was never a fan of bemoaning this result or that as *the one* that cost us a trophy and I find it especially silly in a season where, if there's one game to pin our frustrations on, the choice is clear: the daylight robbery against Spurs. If we end up missing out on a title by a point or so, I won't shut up about it.

Doku challenge will decide the title.
No, jazz. You fear jazz. You fear the lack of rules, the lack of boundaries. Oh look, it's a fence. But, no, it's soft.

Offline alonsoisared

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4278 on: April 21, 2024, 08:55:04 pm »
Can we also please give it a fucking rest about referees in here. A couple of threads solely dedicated to it already. The whole footballing season getting dragged into a debate about shit referees, corruption, not corruption, unconscious bias, conscious bias...it's as tedious as it gets.

Online Caps4444

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4279 on: April 21, 2024, 08:58:48 pm »
Spurs will most likely need to beat Arsenal this weekend to stay in the top 4 race. Most likely they will need to get something from city as well at home.
This works well for us.
It really could come down to GD.
This week will be huge as all 3 of us have tough games.
Personally think Arsenal need to drop points from their next 2.