Author Topic: The small things in life that really hannoy  (Read 2581278 times)

Offline Peabee

• SKPB! Is goin' down der Asd.....der Waitrose.....anyone wannany hummus?
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
Re: The small things in life that really annoy you
« Reply #17640 on: June 20, 2018, 12:44:37 pm »
Younger people in offices.

We got this new girl, 21 or 22, and she is annoying as fuck. Talk likes shes a whiny child, hums and whistles badly out of tune for no fucking reason and constantly eats!

You’re in love.
We aren't walking through the storm now - we are the storm.

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #17641 on: June 20, 2018, 12:50:18 pm »
You’re in love.

He pulled her hair when he walked past
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline Mr Mingebag Squid

• Wire glory hunter
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #17642 on: June 20, 2018, 01:19:41 pm »
You’re in love.

Ha! Out of all the women in the office, she'd be last on the list!
My Sporting Dream Team:-
LFC - Worcester Warriors - Warrington Wolves - New England Patriots - Jenson Button
My Twatter : @MrHappySquid

Offline Danny Boys Dad

• Errol Flynn when he's had a few
  • Legacy Fan
  • Now listen here son
« Reply #17643 on: June 20, 2018, 01:20:19 pm »
Ha! Out of all the women in the office, she'd be last on the list!

Bit creepy that you have a list
Legacy fan

Offline Mr Mingebag Squid

• Wire glory hunter
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #17644 on: June 20, 2018, 01:21:08 pm »
My Sporting Dream Team:-
LFC - Worcester Warriors - Warrington Wolves - New England Patriots - Jenson Button
My Twatter : @MrHappySquid

Online paulrazor

• Dreams of a handjob from Timmy Mallett. Chronicler of seasons past. Cares more than Prelude Nr 5, or does he? No chance of getting a banana at his house.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Take me 2 the magic of the moment on a glory night
« Reply #17645 on: June 20, 2018, 01:54:04 pm »
That clip is probably my favourite part of any comedy show ever :D

'Should we all be racist now father?'
hahaha i love that guy

then the old wan going nuts before they calm down
"hows mary"
"she got the job"
"GREAT"
yer ma should have called you Paolo Zico Gerry Socrates HELLRAZOR

Offline J-Mc-

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #17646 on: June 20, 2018, 06:59:27 pm »
Just been for an interview for a management role.

Interviewer says to me “You’re perfect for the role, you’ve technically been a manager of otherwise places, but because you haven’t officially been a manager, you probably won’t get this vacancy”

Just fuck off. If i’m perfect for the role, give me the fucking job!

Offline CHOPPER

• Bad Tranny with a Chopper. Hello John gotta new Mitre? I'm Jim Davidson in disguise. Undercover Cop (Grammar Division). Does Louis Spence. Well. A giga-c*nt worth of nothing in particular. Hodgson apologist. Astronomical cock. Hug Jacket Distributor
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Not Arsed
« Reply #17647 on: June 20, 2018, 07:14:54 pm »

Interviewer says to me “You’re perfect for the role, you’ve technically been a manager of otherwise places, but because you haven’t officially been a manager, you probably won’t get this vacancy”

The unprofessional amateurish ballbag should not be saying that at an interview and is way, way out of process. You're better off not in that business, if thats how they conduct themselves.

@ Veinticinco de Mayo The way you talk to other users on this forum is something you should be ashamed of as someone who is suppose to be representing the site.
Martin Kenneth Wild - Part of a family

Offline QR350

• Definitely NOT one of the "irregulars".....RAWK Queen: spends a lot of time on the throne!
  • Kopite
« Reply #17648 on: June 20, 2018, 07:16:26 pm »
The unprofessional amateurish ballbag should not be saying that at an interview and is way, way out of process. You're better off not in that business, if thats how they conduct themselves.
Was about to say the same thing. What a twatty thing to say. I hope you email HR and let them know what the interviewer said because it is uncalled for, maintain some professionalism for fucks sake.

Offline So… Howard Philips

• Penile Toupé Extender. Notoriously work-shy, copper-bottomed pervert.
  • Legacy Fan
  • All I want for Christmas is a half and half scarf
« Reply #17649 on: June 20, 2018, 07:32:27 pm »
That clip is probably my favourite part of any comedy show ever :D

'Should we all be racist now father?'

Mrs Carberry to the farmer - " I don't care who he's after as long as I can have a go at the Greeks. They're the ones who invented gayness".

Offline Mumm-Ra

• Dunking Heretic. Mexican drug runner. Can go whistle for a pair of decent trainees! Your own personal cheese. Yes.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #17650 on: June 20, 2018, 07:51:28 pm »
Was about to say the same thing. What a twatty thing to say. I hope you email HR and let them know what the interviewer said because it is uncalled for, maintain some professionalism for fucks sake.

maybe wait and see if he gets the job first

Offline 24/7

• Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Guru Jim
« Reply #17651 on: June 20, 2018, 07:56:39 pm »

Definitely report that. It's massively unprofessional - and could be construed as discriminatory.

Offline Mumm-Ra

• Dunking Heretic. Mexican drug runner. Can go whistle for a pair of decent trainees! Your own personal cheese. Yes.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #17652 on: June 20, 2018, 07:56:47 pm »
But would he really want to work for someone who speaks to him like that? I sure wouldn't.

sounds like the guy was trying to be pally, and say "I'd hire you mate but the powers-that-be probably won't"

not professional but not meant in a malicious way

Offline CHOPPER

• Bad Tranny with a Chopper. Hello John gotta new Mitre? I'm Jim Davidson in disguise. Undercover Cop (Grammar Division). Does Louis Spence. Well. A giga-c*nt worth of nothing in particular. Hodgson apologist. Astronomical cock. Hug Jacket Distributor
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #17653 on: June 20, 2018, 08:04:57 pm »
sounds like the guy was trying to be pally, and say "I'd hire you mate but the powers-that-be probably won't"

not professional but not meant in a malicious way

The meeting should, be taken by the recruiting manager and a rep from HR, so it doesn't look good for the kid. Though I hope he at least gets a second interview.

Personally(and I don't know tha lads situation) if they did come back and offer me a second interview, I'd take it and grill the fuck out of them. Its easy to out smart a SMART interviewer, id they have no experience of the process. Then fuck them off after leaving them hanging or, get the offer and see his current boss and negotiate a counter offer to make him stay at his current business. Though it may not be about money, so who knows.
@ Veinticinco de Mayo The way you talk to other users on this forum is something you should be ashamed of as someone who is suppose to be representing the site.

Offline CHOPPER

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #17654 on: June 20, 2018, 08:08:41 pm »
Definitely report that. It's massively unprofessional - and could be construed as discriminatory.

....and shit

Offline Maggie May

• A true Grandmother of Sirs. The Next Vera Lynne. The Pigeon Queen. Lobster Botherer Knockout Champ. RAWK's favourite gog. Belshie Gets Hard For Her. Call that a knife??
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nemo me impune lacessit. Semper Fi
« Reply #17655 on: June 20, 2018, 10:10:00 pm »
 :sad
I'm guessing at BigDavaLad.

In one.  My favourite squaddy.  I really miss the "Talk Like A Pirate" days and the poem he used to post for me on Remembrance Day.   :sad
« Last Edit: June 20, 2018, 10:11:42 pm by Maggie May »
Rather a day as a lion than a lifetime as a sheep.

I can only be nice to one person a day.  Today is not your day.  Tomorrow doesn't look too good either.
I tried being reasonable.  I didn't like it.  Old enough to know better.  Young enough not to give a fuck.

Offline J-Mc-

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #17656 on: June 21, 2018, 12:07:08 am »
That was the second interview, first was a video interview which I smashed and got accepted for a face to face the day after.

He was trying to be pally all throughout, but I was confident until he said that, i’m hoping that there’s still a chance as I know my application does go to HR, but if he’s written anything like that down then I won’t have a chance unfortunately.

Online paulrazor

• Dreams of a handjob from Timmy Mallett. Chronicler of seasons past. Cares more than Prelude Nr 5, or does he? No chance of getting a banana at his house.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #17657 on: June 21, 2018, 09:17:03 am »

i am sure you would rather have been just told "no". telling you that you are perfect for the role and not giving you the job is contradictory.

i posted in the small things that make you happy thread

friend of mine in work applied for promotion and didnt get it, next time it came up he didnt bother replying.

they failed him on the interview first time which he thought was incredilous as long story short one of the interview board fell asleep! he reported it but didnt get anywhere. as he said he should have walked out mid interview and demanded a new board.

i know people will think its funny (and hell i did at the time) saying he must have been boring if a guy fell asleep but it was just some lazy old guy who really shouldnt have been there was on the board
« Last Edit: June 21, 2018, 09:19:46 am by Hellrazor »

Offline Billy The Kid

• Out of the closet with a whiet shirt on, but would pay a fiver not to be gay...Would prefer to give his manliness to someone rather than receive theirs especially Amir in another life.
  • Legacy Fan
  • I'm Your Huckleberry
« Reply #17658 on: June 21, 2018, 02:41:16 pm »
That was the second interview, first was a video interview which I smashed and got accepted for a face to face the day after.

He was trying to be pally all throughout, but I was confident until he said that, i’m hoping that there’s still a chance as I know my application does go to HR, but if he’s written anything like that down then I won’t have a chance unfortunately.

Just out of curiosity, are you allowed to request a copy of the notes he made? I'm not sure if it's the same in the UK, but in Ireland, all citizens can request feedback on their interviews. We can also request to view all notes made about us by an interviewer or prospective employer. Our freedom of information act entitles us to that. As I say, I'm not sure if its the same in the UK, but if it is then I would definitely ask him to show you what he wrote
When overtaken by defeat, as you may be many times, remember than mans faith in his own ability is tested many times before he is crowned with final victory. Defeats are nothing more than challenges to keep trying.” – Napoleon Hill.

Offline WidnesJon

• Sworn enemy of RuncornPaul
  • Main Stander
  • Kemlyn Hughes
« Reply #17659 on: June 21, 2018, 02:54:19 pm »
Just out of curiosity, are you allowed to request a copy of the notes he made? I'm not sure if it's the same in the UK, but in Ireland, all citizens can request feedback on their interviews. We can also request to view all notes made about us by an interviewer or prospective employer. Our freedom of information act entitles us to that. As I say, I'm not sure if its the same in the UK, but if it is then I would definitely ask him to show you what he wrote

Yes, they'd be covered by the GDPR (2016/679 EU) regulations should they form part of the relevant filing system (i.e. are filed away with the application/interview files) or are transferred to computer.  I would assume they'd need to keep the interview notes for a certain period of time to cover themselves against potential claims (such as this), but then disposed of when they're no longer needed.

Cheers
Jon

Offline WidnesJon

• Sworn enemy of RuncornPaul
  • Main Stander
  • Kemlyn Hughes
« Reply #17660 on: June 21, 2018, 02:59:11 pm »
Sorry, should of perhaps attached a link to the ICO Employment Practices Code.

Section 1.5 is regarding interviews and retention of notes.

https://ico.org.uk/media/for-organisations/documents/1064/the_employment_practices_code.pdf

Cheers
Jon

Online paulrazor

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #17661 on: June 21, 2018, 03:02:40 pm »
thats interesting

I have a friend who is struggling to get another job and i am sure he would love to hear feedback on his interviews

i would love to see the feedback on the one i mentioned above when a board member snoozed off

Offline J-Mc-

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #17662 on: June 21, 2018, 06:57:31 pm »
thats interesting

I have a friend who is struggling to get another job and i am sure he would love to hear feedback on his interviews

i would love to see the feedback on the one i mentioned above when a board member snoozed off

You can request feedback in the UK but iirc, companies don’t have to give you it and most e-mail/text responses state that no feedback will be given, or it’s sent from an address that won’t accept replies.

Offline CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #17663 on: June 22, 2018, 09:12:53 am »
The fact that, at 9am on a Friday, Radio 1 are trying to insist that it is the weekend.

No it fucking isn't.

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #17664 on: June 22, 2018, 09:39:23 am »
Radio 1 ;)
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #17665 on: June 22, 2018, 09:40:57 am »
Radio 1 ;)

Missus has it set on the Sonos to come on at 7.30 and off again at 9.30, do always end up catching some of it unfortunately.

Offline Charlie Adams fried egg

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #17666 on: June 22, 2018, 11:27:56 am »
People who wash their cup for way too long in the sink at work. Person in front of me just now washed a tea cup for about 5 minute, using a massive wodge of washing up liquid and a scrubbing brush. Unless someone had done a poo into the cup, no situation dictates washing anything for that long.
People who'd rather do anything than the job they're paid to do.
That sounds like someone who does that twice a day, couple of bog breaks, couple of fag breaks, take ages to make tea, chats round the water cooler, up and down from their desk for the least little thing.
« Last Edit: June 22, 2018, 11:42:23 am by Charlie Adams fried egg right »

Offline El Lobo

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #17667 on: June 22, 2018, 11:30:38 am »
People who'd rather do anything than the job they're paid to do.
That sounds like someone who does that twice a day, couple of bog breaks, couple of fag breaks, take ages to make tea, chats round the water cooler, up and down from their desk for the least little thing.

In fairness mate, being paid to have a shit at work is one of lifes great triumphs

Offline Danny Boys Dad

• Legacy Fan
  • Now listen here son
« Reply #17668 on: June 22, 2018, 11:34:02 am »
In fairness mate, being paid to have a shit at work is one of lifes great triumphs

It's the only thing that makes work worth doing
Legacy fan

Offline Charlie Adams fried egg

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #17669 on: June 22, 2018, 11:40:57 am »

Yes, to be fair you're right. It's been so long since I've worked in an Office etc. I'd forgotten that pleasure.

So apart from taking a shit on the company, all the other skives can fuck off.

Online rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #17670 on: June 22, 2018, 11:41:24 am »

I'm eating loads of fruit and veg these days and managing to get at least 3 in between half 9 and 2 pm. I also walk down from the 11th floor to the 6th floor as those toilets are quieter and cleaner. ;D

Yes, to be fair you're right. It's been so long since I've worked in an Office etc. I'd forgotten that pleasure.

So apart from taking a shit on the company, all the other skives can fuck off.

What about visiting RAWK?  ;)
Jurgen YNWA

Offline afc tukrish

• How long for them sausages? Maggie May's Mythical Turkish Delight. RAWK's Expert Sausage Monster! Oakley Cannonier is fucking boss. Likes blowing his friends and undoing their nuts? Who nose?!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • This looks like a nice spot...
    • Flat Back Four
« Reply #17671 on: June 22, 2018, 12:53:57 pm »
I also walk down from the 11th floor to the 6th floor as those toilets are quieter and cleaner. ;D

Until you roll in thrice between half 9 and 2...
Since haste quite Schorsch, but Liverpool are genuine fight pigs...

Offline Danny Boys Dad

• Legacy Fan
  • Now listen here son
« Reply #17672 on: June 22, 2018, 02:27:57 pm »
I also walk down from the 11th floor to the 6th floor as those toilets are quieter and cleaner. ;D

Hate it when people do that. Just because you've stunk up your own floor why inflict it on anyone else?
Legacy fan

Offline Mutton Geoff

• 'The Invigilator'
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Life is a journey, not a destination.
« Reply #17673 on: June 22, 2018, 02:30:38 pm »
People who have the windows down in their cars and have shit music blaring out of their speakers.
Mellowing and Retired, and stayed around long enough to watch the Tories implode

Online rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #17674 on: June 22, 2018, 02:54:54 pm »
Hate it when people do that. Just because you've stunk up your own floor why inflict it on anyone else?

We rent floors 14, 11,10 and 6 so I feel it's OK to use any of those. Plus there are some right filthy bastards using the bogs on 11 and 10.
Jurgen YNWA

Online paulrazor

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #17675 on: June 22, 2018, 03:12:33 pm »
I'm eating loads of fruit and veg these days and managing to get at least 3 in between half 9 and 2 pm. I also walk down from the 11th floor to the 6th floor as those toilets are quieter and cleaner. ;D

I live on the second floor, upstairs from you, yes I think you've seen me before?

Offline afc tukrish

• How long for them sausages? Maggie May's Mythical Turkish Delight. RAWK's Expert Sausage Monster! Oakley Cannonier is fucking boss. Likes blowing his friends and undoing their nuts? Who nose?!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • This looks like a nice spot...
    • Flat Back Four
« Reply #17676 on: June 22, 2018, 03:13:49 pm »
I live on the second floor, upstairs from you, yes I think you've seen me before?

Modric?
Since haste quite Schorsch, but Liverpool are genuine fight pigs...

Online paulrazor

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #17677 on: June 22, 2018, 03:14:56 pm »
Modric?
just dont ask me what it was

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #17678 on: June 22, 2018, 03:29:38 pm »

Question of embarrassment for me. :D

Very visible going on and out of the toilets on our floor so feels a bit rushed. Would rather take more time on a floor where no one knows me. Like a cat, never shot on your own doorstep!

That said, two cubicles down there were out of action, absolutely disgusting stuff. I think Rob must have beaten me to them!

Offline Lee1-6Liv

• Daddy Discord
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #17679 on: June 22, 2018, 03:42:58 pm »
Ebay, have had about £200 worth of items sold in the past two weeks that people have failed to pay for, dodgy buyers not registered and people canceling items they've won.