• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Welsh Wool
Re: DVLA Question
« Reply #40 on: May 30, 2008, 10:17:05 am »
Have you tried phoning the DVLA?

DVLA rakes in £3.4m in phone charges

Which? investigation unearths massive profits

The DVLA raked in £3.4m in the last financial year from charges to its 0870 numbers according to Which? magazine.
The government's vehicle licensing agency was one of 30 organisations in the magazine's hall of shame list, where higher-charging 0871, 0870, 0844 or 0845 numbers are used to make money from callers.
Revenues are often shared between these organisations and the phone service provider, which gives them an incentive to keep the customer on the line as long as possible.

Which? revealed the extent of revenues made using these numbers – a 10 minute BT call from a landline to a regular geographic number costs 40p at the most, compared to £1 when dialling an 0870 or 0871 number.
Junior transport minister Jim Fitzpatrick recently told shadow transport secretary Theresa Villiers the DVLA lines were "revenue neutral" or raised less than the cost of the service.

The DVLA itself claimed it plans to switch to a cheaper number in the future.
Neil Fowler, Which? magazine editor said: “Why should you pay for the privilege of making a complaint or getting a problem fixed? It's unacceptable that companies and government agencies can make big money from people calling helplines.”

Ironically, Which? still has some 0845 numbers, but insists it does profit from them.
Meanwhile, the DVLA has rejected the Which? findings, claiming it is committed to abolishing its 0870 telephone lines.
The agency said it was awaiting the outcome of an OFCOM consultation, which is due to end on 16 June, to introduce 0300 numbers.
"The DVLA does not make money from its telephone lines, any revenue collected goes back into providing valuable services to the public," said a spokesperson.

The DVLA also denied the agency looked to increase revenues with longer lengths of calls dialled to its 0870 numbers and blamed peak times for delays due to customer demand.

Offline Oddball

• aka 'Steve'. Thinks Autumn is a series. Shite at COD. Search me. Mathematical legend. "Space". Likes to Fuck holmes. Currently sporting a fetching muzzy. Onion Fondler. Blinded by the light. Would like a small larger beer. Can fakh orf
  • RAWK Diva
  • Legacy Fan
  • Woof woof woof
Re: DVLA Question
« Reply #41 on: May 30, 2008, 10:55:05 am »

Doovla.
:wellin

LOVE that guy.

Doovede and a lcdtv
We may sign Salah, but I'll show my arse in the middle of town if we sign one of VVD or Keita. Not gonna happen.

Offline Nick110581

• Up the tricky reds
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hearts Jurgen
DVLA Question
« Reply #42 on: February 11, 2023, 02:51:40 pm »
Hi guys

Posted on here a while back as my parents got a mad neighbour who is a Policeman.

No charges against parents which was obvious. We have subsequently installed a partition fence and ring camera and things calmed down.

However, my Dad received a letter from DVLA today saying he’s been reported as unfit to drive by third party and has 14 days to fill out a questionnaire or his license could get revoked.

I assume it’s the dickhead neighbour up to his old tricks.

But this must go on all the time with people so how likely it is the DVLA do anything ?
No, jazz. You fear jazz. You fear the lack of rules, the lack of boundaries. Oh look, it's a fence. But, no, it's soft.

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Re: DVLA
« Reply #43 on: February 12, 2023, 07:50:04 am »
Hi guys

Posted on here a while back as my parents got a mad neighbour who is a Policeman.

No charges against parents which was obvious. We have subsequently installed a partition fence and ring camera and things calmed down.

However, my Dad received a letter from DVLA today saying he’s been reported as unfit to drive by third party and has 14 days to fill out a questionnaire or his license could get revoked.

I assume it’s the dickhead neighbour up to his old tricks.

But this must go on all the time with people so how likely it is the DVLA do anything ?

Probably highly likely they will suspend his licence if he does not fill in the form. You need to be very careful here, because he is in a position to do a PNC check on your Dad. They have to have a good reason for the PNC check, and he can justify it by saying that he has a suspicion that your Dad is driving while disqualified/licence suspended. The implications would be driving with no insurance and while disqualified, points and fines, could be quite a few hundred quid.

Does he actually have a condition that makes him unfit to drive or is twat next door just being an utter bell? If he's fit to drive then just fill in the form and return it to the dvla. It's usually up to the driver to inform the dvla about medical conditions that affect your driving ability, but if he's fit to drive then he will be fine. If he genuinely isn't fit to drive, then as shit as it is to lose the car, he needs to be off the road.
Jurgen YNWA

Offline Nick110581

• Up the tricky reds
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hearts Jurgen
« Reply #44 on: February 12, 2023, 11:56:14 am »
Probably highly likely they will suspend his licence if he does not fill in the form. You need to be very careful here, because he is in a position to do a PNC check on your Dad. They have to have a good reason for the PNC check, and he can justify it by saying that he has a suspicion that your Dad is driving while disqualified/licence suspended. The implications would be driving with no insurance and while disqualified, points and fines, could be quite a few hundred quid.

Does he actually have a condition that makes him unfit to drive or is twat next door just being an utter bell? If he's fit to drive then just fill in the form and return it to the dvla. It's usually up to the driver to inform the dvla about medical conditions that affect your driving ability, but if he's fit to drive then he will be fine. If he genuinely isn't fit to drive, then as shit as it is to lose the car, he needs to be off the road.

The letter implied it is medical related and he has 14 days to send the forms in.

He’s fit to drive. He has glasses and only medical conditions are a knee replacement done in 2019, permanent  colostomy bag from surgery in 2014 and meds for kidney stone prevention. Nothing that would stop him driving.

My Dad is also a sensible bloke and would stop driving if unfit.

My suspicion is it’s the c*nt next door playing up as he can do longer verbally abuse or film them since we got ring camera and partition fence. Plus he would have been spoken to at work about his behaviour so losing control.

It just seems a very weird system that can be openly abused by people.
« Last Edit: February 12, 2023, 12:00:28 pm by Nick110581 »
No, jazz. You fear jazz. You fear the lack of rules, the lack of boundaries. Oh look, it's a fence. But, no, it's soft.

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #45 on: February 12, 2023, 01:04:04 pm »
The letter implied it is medical related and he has 14 days to send the forms in.

He’s fit to drive. He has glasses and only medical conditions are a knee replacement done in 2019, permanent  colostomy bag from surgery in 2014 and meds for kidney stone prevention. Nothing that would stop him driving.

My Dad is also a sensible bloke and would stop driving if unfit.

My suspicion is it’s the c*nt next door playing up as he can do longer verbally abuse or film them since we got ring camera and partition fence. Plus he would have been spoken to at work about his behaviour so losing control.

It just seems a very weird system that can be openly abused by people.

I can see merits as well as drawbacks. It's up to the driver to report to the DVLA any circumstances that mean they are no longer fit to drive and examples are like the wife's Dad, who was no longer fit to drive, but without the family stopping him, he would have carried on driving and likely killed someone, are why it exists. But then like you say it can be abused.

Fill the forms in and when you send the letter back, without naming names, just say that you think this is nothing more than a malicious report, based on nothing and hopefully they'll look into it. It should hopefully also mean any future reports get dismissed.
Jurgen YNWA

Offline Nick110581

• Up the tricky reds
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hearts Jurgen
« Reply #46 on: February 12, 2023, 01:17:28 pm »
I can see merits as well as drawbacks. It's up to the driver to report to the DVLA any circumstances that mean they are no longer fit to drive and examples are like the wife's Dad, who was no longer fit to drive, but without the family stopping him, he would have carried on driving and likely killed someone, are why it exists. But then like you say it can be abused.

Fill the forms in and when you send the letter back, without naming names, just say that you think this is nothing more than a malicious report, based on nothing and hopefully they'll look into it. It should hopefully also mean any future reports get dismissed.

I agree it needs to be there. It may be purely coincidental but a lot of this stuff follows this bent Copper around.

We are taking copies of forms then sending with accompanying letter saying exactly that.
Will do by recorded delivery too.
« Last Edit: February 12, 2023, 01:19:07 pm by Nick110581 »

Offline rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #47 on: February 12, 2023, 01:34:28 pm »
I agree it needs to be there. It may be purely coincidental but a lot of this stuff follows this bent Copper around.

We are taking copies of forms then sending with accompanying letter saying exactly that.
Will do by recorded delivery too.

It does scream that he's the culprit, I wouldn't be suprised if your parents start getting pay on delivery food orders and shit like that too.

Send it Special Delivery - that stuff never goes missing as its tracked all the way, recorded can and does.
Jurgen YNWA

Offline Nick110581

• Up the tricky reds
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hearts Jurgen
« Reply #48 on: February 12, 2023, 01:48:13 pm »
It does scream that he's the culprit, I wouldn't be suprised if your parents start getting pay on delivery food orders and shit like that too.

Send it Special Delivery - that stuff never goes missing as its tracked all the way, recorded can and does.

I don’t think there’s many pay on delivery type food things now and would have surely done that before

I will get a skip delivered to his house if he try’s that but what’s the point in stooping to his level
« Last Edit: February 12, 2023, 01:54:52 pm by Nick110581 »

Offline Nick110581

• Up the tricky reds
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hearts Jurgen
« Reply #49 on: February 13, 2023, 10:53:39 am »
Spoke to dvla on behalf of my Dad.

Basically the report could be malicious but you have to fill out. Bloke said anyone can report anyone but they have a duty of care to promote road safety

I asked if it happens again and he said then we would have to write in.

Offline sattapaartridge

• The new 'pete price' of RAWK.
  • Legacy Fan
  • @sattapaal
« Reply #50 on: February 28, 2023, 02:56:38 pm »
What a dickhead thing to do, is it all sorted now Nick?
did you know that 10 x 2 and 11 x 2 have the same answer?

Offline Agent99

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #51 on: March 3, 2023, 03:41:57 pm »
The DVLA are c*nts. Got a letter from a parking company yesterday saying my car was parked illegally. I'd accept the fine if it was my fucking car. One number and one letter are different on my number plate to the vehicle they have photographs of and it's a totally different vehicle. The DVLA provided these arseholes with my details without any evidence from the parking company. Absolute dickheads.

Online TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #52 on: March 4, 2023, 01:37:36 pm »
The DVLA are c*nts. Got a letter from a parking company yesterday saying my car was parked illegally. I'd accept the fine if it was my fucking car. One number and one letter are different on my number plate to the vehicle they have photographs of and it's a totally different vehicle. The DVLA provided these arseholes with my details without any evidence from the parking company. Absolute dickheads.

GDPR…. Your data is sacrosanct…. Unless it’s for a minor parking offence in which case you have no right to your data being oriented whatsoever… blows my mind…

(Should be easy for you to get off this one though hopefully!)
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W