Author Topic: The RAWK Film Thread  (Read 3494428 times)

Offline Skidder.

• Minster. Aka The Censored Baron XII. I remember watching that as a skid!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Kloppite
Re: The RAWK Film Thread
« Reply #42480 on: May 18, 2016, 06:17:51 pm »
Ah ok then fair enough. Theatre type musical reboots are fine.

Aye - RHPS is one of the most closely guarded musicals I'm lead to believe. I was told in College that it is very hard to get the rights to perform it.

I don't think we'll be seeing a remake in our lifetime if I am honest; Richard O'Brien owns the rights and I really can't see him giving the cash cow up.  If he genuinely wanted it to be remade, I'm sure he would have by now.
Continually on 11,420.

Offline BER

• Goat fondler.
  • Legacy Fan
  • FLOSS IS BOSS!!
« Reply #42481 on: May 19, 2016, 12:05:57 am »
TIL the dude from Crytsal Maze created Rocky Horror Picture Show.

Offline Pelé as a Comedian

• The seeker of the True Cockroach. Forgetful.
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #42482 on: May 19, 2016, 10:28:36 pm »
Green Room = complete and utter shite.

have you seen the directors other films ?

Offline AJ

• a.k.a. Billy Two-Threads. Property of RAWK – soon to be raffled - has as much chance of becoming a mod as David Moyes
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #42483 on: May 20, 2016, 04:56:46 pm »
have you seen the directors other films ?
No idea pal. I'm not much a boffin when it comes to films. I don't even know who the director was, let alone whether I've seen any other films by him/her. ;D

Offline Yiannis

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Reds fan from Greece
« Reply #42484 on: May 23, 2016, 12:38:20 pm »
Watched yesterday In My Father's Den

Oh absolutely brilliant. It's worth a watch just for the character development and the tragic nature of them alone. Great dynamic between the two main characters, plot is great (has its small twist) and lovely how the pieces of the jigsaw fall into place.

Thoroughly recommended. It's a damn shame the director died few years later. His first and only feature film.  :(
Messi in fact doesn't have a recognizable trait.

Offline Mactavish

• Anny Roader
« Reply #42485 on: May 23, 2016, 02:35:15 pm »

Oh absolutely brilliant. It's worth a watch just for the character development and the tragic nature of them alone. Great dynamic between the two main characters, plot is great (has its small twist) and lovely how the pieces of the jigsaw fall into place.

Thoroughly recommended. It's a damn shame the director died few years later. His first and only feature film.  :(

Interested to see this but can't find it on Amazon, Netflix or my dodgy box?

Offline Yiannis

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Reds fan from Greece
« Reply #42486 on: May 23, 2016, 02:55:18 pm »
Torrent it but you 'll need luck with seeders

Offline Titi Camara

• Hey, wanna hear the new dubstep song I wrote? Wub, Wub, Wub! Wubba Lubba Dub Dub! I'm Pickle Rick with hirsute areolae!
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Number 21 of the Crazy 88

Offline Diego Simeone

• Kemlynite
« Reply #42488 on: May 23, 2016, 06:43:48 pm »
Watched The Jungle Book last week I thought that it was fantastic, Idris Elba was brilliant as the Tiger.
« Last Edit: May 23, 2016, 06:45:59 pm by Diego Simeone »

Offline Igor Tripod Biscan

• Got it, got off it, got on with it. Is rice.
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 96
« Reply #42489 on: May 23, 2016, 09:22:43 pm »
Just watched All the way

Its the story of LBJ (Bryan Cranston) and his first year in office transitioning from VP to president

Anthony Mackie plays MLK (not a great choice in my view - didn't have the gravitas) and Melisa Leo plays Lady Bird Johnson

A really strong cast like Frank Langella and Bradley Whitford made it really enjoyable

Its a bit like a prequel to Selma although obviously from a different narrative perspective

Good watch though!
Liverpool is the pool of life.
Carl Jung, 1961.  Alan Partridge didn't ask for a second season you meff

Offline Mactavish

• Anny Roader
« Reply #42490 on: May 23, 2016, 11:10:22 pm »
Torrent it but you 'll need luck with seeders

Yeah, had a pop at that with the one seeder :)

Offline dave 5516

• Is in a world of shit and loves it! Loves to Buffy up Danny Dyer. A Cyclopath without a Garmin. Sadly not quite bad enough to make the worst commentator list
  • Legacy Fan
  • Si muore sulla bici.
« Reply #42491 on: May 24, 2016, 02:55:22 am »
One for Dave and the rest of the auld arses ;D :wave

http://shop.bfi.org.uk/the-firm-director-s-cut-3488.html?utm_content=bufferfdd88&utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitterbfi&utm_campaign=buffer#.V0M028vTXqA
A good film that la....a lot more than a film about violence at the game. Also pretty close to the reality of what we did....Max knows.
Exercise is to the body what reading is to the mind.

"If I hadn't doped, I would never have won". "Doping improves your performance between 5 and 7 per cent, and maybe 10 to 12 per cent when you are in a peak shape.

"Doping isn't addictive but it's an instrument of power: whoever wins attracts the money; for themselves, the team and the sponsors"

Offline Mactavish

• Anny Roader

Offline Titi Camara

• Hey, wanna hear the new dubstep song I wrote? Wub, Wub, Wub! Wubba Lubba Dub Dub! I'm Pickle Rick with hirsute areolae!
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #42493 on: May 24, 2016, 09:16:25 am »
A good film that la....a lot more than a film about violence at the game. Also pretty close to the reality of what we did....Max knows.
What did you think of the remake buddy?

Offline dave 5516

• Is in a world of shit and loves it! Loves to Buffy up Danny Dyer. A Cyclopath without a Garmin. Sadly not quite bad enough to make the worst commentator list
  • Legacy Fan
  • Si muore sulla bici.
« Reply #42494 on: May 25, 2016, 07:20:52 am »
What did you think of the remake buddy?
I never watched it Rob. The original was a good film-a socio-political....even if most see it as a hooligan film there's more going on...it was a Clarke film after all.....the remake looked more a...glorification of a time that I recall as one that wasn't one to be looked at in a positive light...there were though lots of things I wouldn't change from back then, even with hindsight.

There were some aspects of Clarke's film that grated though-I thought the writing made out that the protagonists to be one dimensional...neanderthals....not all football hooligans were stupid...what it did point out quite well I thought was the fact that while the violence was part of football football was as much a victim of this behaviour as were.... families out shopping who were caught up in the violence....it also answered the question of why do these people do as they do and were do these come from....not everyone who was hooligan came from a working class background....the main characters in this were mid twenties middle class.

Along with Scum and Elephant, the Firm is one of best his films...and imo, Clarke was the best director of that generation...I suppose he was fortunate that he worked in a more enlightened time....not many one off plays being made by the BBC or anyone just now...it's all about returning series...

"If I hadn't doped, I would never have won". "Doping improves your performance between 5 and 7 per cent, and maybe 10 to 12 per cent when you are in a peak shape.

"Doping isn't addictive but it's an instrument of power: whoever wins attracts the money; for themselves, the team and the sponsors"

Offline dave 5516

• Legacy Fan
  • Si muore sulla bici.
« Reply #42495 on: May 25, 2016, 07:22:13 am »
Neither hold any appeal for me...someone might wanna though....everywhere.

13 Hours: The Secret Soldiers of Benghazi.

The Brothers Grimsby.

Offline Igor Tripod Biscan

• Got it, got off it, got on with it. Is rice.
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 96
« Reply #42496 on: May 25, 2016, 07:38:47 am »
Neither hold any appeal for me...someone might wanna though....everywhere.

13 Hours: The Secret Soldiers of Benghazi.

The Brothers Grimsby.

Just watched both

13 Hours = Predictably 'USA! USA! USA!' (Michael Bay innit!)

Grimsby = Absolute puerile shite but I'm ashamed to say I did laugh at a few bits, mainly the visual gags and some slapstick - You get what you expect with sacha baron cohen, (a bit like with most Will Ferrell movies) which is disappointing given his talent and intelligence - Appealing to the lowest common denominator but there were some funny moments
Liverpool is the pool of life.
Carl Jung, 1961.  Alan Partridge didn't ask for a second season you meff

Online [new username under construction]

• Poster formerly know as shadowbane. Never lost his head whilst others panicked. Fucking kopite!
  • Legacy Fan
  • Insert something awesome here!
« Reply #42497 on: May 25, 2016, 12:49:58 pm »
Am I on my own in thinking the new Independence Day looks fecking terrible?

Offline Skidder.

• Minster. Aka The Censored Baron XII. I remember watching that as a skid!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Kloppite
« Reply #42498 on: May 25, 2016, 12:53:22 pm »
Grimsby - whatever it was called - is a bag of shit!

Continually on 11,420.

Offline johnsmithlfc

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • You may say I'm a Dreamer
« Reply #42499 on: May 25, 2016, 01:47:28 pm »

No it looks awful mate.
The greatness of a man is not in how much wealth he acquires but in his integrity and his ability to affect those around him positively - Bob Marley

Offline dave 5516

• Legacy Fan
  • Si muore sulla bici.
« Reply #42500 on: May 25, 2016, 02:31:59 pm »
Just watched both

13 Hours = Predictably 'USA! USA! USA!' (Michael Bay innit!)

Grimsby = Absolute puerile shite but I'm ashamed to say I did laugh at a few bits, mainly the visual gags and some slapstick - You get what you expect with sacha baron cohen, (a bit like with most Will Ferrell movies) which is disappointing given his talent and intelligence - Appealing to the lowest common denominator but there were some funny moments
Condolences...that lost time. YNWA.

Offline dave 5516

• Legacy Fan
  • Si muore sulla bici.
« Reply #42501 on: May 25, 2016, 02:42:21 pm »
The Fallen Idol.

Restored and looks beautiful.

First collaboration between Reed and Greene.  A simple premise that is played beautifully. The young son of a diplomat believes he has witnessed the murder of the embassy house keeper  by her husband and his close friend Baines- a man who is having an affair with the embassy secretary....it's a fantastic study of human emotions, devotion, loyalties, duplicities and perceptions.

I'll admit to liking this more than the other two they worked on...I know... ;D  It really is a must watch. It's available in the usual gaffs...honestly, it's a beautiful film with great performances, sets, writing and direction.

Offline Titi Camara

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #42502 on: May 25, 2016, 03:14:24 pm »
I never watched it Rob. The original was a good film-a socio-political....even if most see it as a hooligan film there's more going on...it was a Clarke film after all.....the remake looked more a...glorification of a time that I recall as one that wasn't one to be looked at in a positive light...there were though lots of things I wouldn't change from back then, even with hindsight.

There were some aspects of Clarke's film that grated though-I thought the writing made out that the protagonists to be one dimensional...neanderthals....not all football hooligans were stupid...what it did point out quite well I thought was the fact that while the violence was part of football football was as much a victim of this behaviour as were.... families out shopping who were caught up in the violence....it also answered the question of why do these people do as they do and were do these come from....not everyone who was hooligan came from a working class background....the main characters in this were mid twenties middle class.

Along with Scum and Elephant, the Firm is one of best his films...and imo, Clarke was the best director of that generation...I suppose he was fortunate that he worked in a more enlightened time....not many one off plays being made by the BBC or anyone just now...it's all about returning series...
Ha ha I genuinely didn't think you'd take the bait brother! I know you haven't and wouldn't watch the remake lol

The bit in the original when the baby puts the blade in it's mouth still makes my stomach churn to this day. Tidy film but!
13 Hours: The Secret Soldiers of Benghazi
Awful insomnia last night so put this on. By no means terrible. Imagine Black Hawk Down where you couldn't give a fuck who won....

Offline dave 5516

• Legacy Fan
  • Si muore sulla bici.
« Reply #42503 on: May 25, 2016, 03:46:43 pm »
Ha ha I genuinely didn't think you'd take the bait brother! I know you haven't and wouldn't watch the remake lol

The bit in the original when the baby puts the blade in it's mouth still makes my stomach churn to this day. Tidy film but! Awful insomnia last night so put this on. By no means terrible. Imagine Black Hawk Down where you couldn't give a fuck who won....
;D

Fucka. 

Is it wrong that I was on the home team in Blackhawk. ;D

Offline Stevie-A

• Castration Obsessed Latin Grammar Pedant
  • Legacy Fan
  • The Bronte ten bob eyes boxing club.
« Reply #42504 on: May 25, 2016, 06:24:03 pm »

I'm not afraid to say that this is the movie I'm most looking forward to this summer!  :)

Offline Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #42505 on: May 25, 2016, 06:25:54 pm »

And yet, it'll still be better than the new Ghostbusters.
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

Offline Yiannis

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Reds fan from Greece
« Reply #42506 on: May 26, 2016, 12:04:30 pm »
How good is the Russian film Come and See ? I have it for some time but I haven't watched it yet waiting for the right mood to be in. I have heard great things about it.

Offline dave 5516

• Legacy Fan
  • Si muore sulla bici.
« Reply #42507 on: May 26, 2016, 12:14:54 pm »
How good is the Russian film Come and See ? I have it for some time but I haven't watched it yet waiting for the right mood to be in. I have heard great things about it.
How good..you won't see a better war film, ever.

I once heard it described as a film in which the living envied the dead....it's a difficult watch, but it's one of those Great Films that you have to see....and whilst people are incredulous that a child could witness and survive all that happens in the film, it is based on a true story. The person who took part in, witnessed and then wrote of those expliots, Ales Adamovich was the same age as the hero in the film. He and his family fought with the partisans and witnessed the genocide perpetrated by the Nazis on Belarussian soil. He also helped Klimov write the story for the film.

As I say..a truely Great Film.

Offline Yiannis

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Reds fan from Greece
« Reply #42508 on: May 26, 2016, 12:18:28 pm »
Thanks Dave. The person who recommended it to me, also told me they had a psychologist along the set to help the kid as much as possible.

Offline dave 5516

• Legacy Fan
  • Si muore sulla bici.
« Reply #42509 on: May 26, 2016, 12:36:12 pm »
Thanks Dave. The person who recommended it to me, also told me they had a psychologist along the set to help the kid as much as possible.
;)

I can understand that as Klimov used no professional actors in the film. There are scenes that are depictions of acts that are...pure evil and difficult even for me to take...and I'm more or less inured to violence in films.

I'd also recommend Eisenstein's Alexsander Nevsky. This is a beautiful yet harrowing...piece of pre war propaganda...a fantastic polemic against Nazi Germany.

Also very prescient in scenes, one in particular shows what was to come with the arrival of the Wehrmacht, SS and Einsatzgruppen on Soviet territory...scenes we see years later depicted in Klimov's film.

The music is brilliant, a score by Sergei Prokofiev...for me,it's a companion piece to Klimov's film-I always watch them together. My favourite of the Great directors work.

Offline mattybeard

• Chicken Fondler. Group hug? Anyone?
  • Anny Roader
« Reply #42510 on: May 26, 2016, 04:31:45 pm »
Going to watch Money Monster this weekend, I like the look of it in the trailer but that's usually a bad sign.

Offline Titi Camara

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #42511 on: May 26, 2016, 04:37:12 pm »
;D

Fucka. 

Is it wrong that I was on the home team in Blackhawk. ;D
Ha ha!

And that's super cool on the BHD front.....probably less actual Americans involved that film than there are in North Korea!

Offline Mactavish

• Anny Roader
« Reply #42512 on: May 26, 2016, 08:02:30 pm »

Set up and ready to go with this here if anybody is interested:

http://123movies.to/film/in-my-fathers-den-6158/watching.html

I'll let you know what I thought of it a bit later.

If anybody likes the harrowing and hard hitting stuff then give 'Catch Me Daddy' a go if you haven't already. Excellent first effort from Directors Daniel and Matthew Wolfe and also a movie debut for Sameena Jabeen Ahmed as Laila. The scene where she is dancing to Patti Smith's 'Horses' is fantastic as the song leads to not just the songs encore but her life into madness.

Strongly recommend it. Stream it here if you do it that way:

http://123movies.to/film/catch-me-daddy-5657/watching.html

Offline dave 5516

• Legacy Fan
  • Si muore sulla bici.
« Reply #42513 on: May 26, 2016, 08:23:05 pm »
Anyone seen Patchwork? Still waiting on it.
FFS!!!

Fuckin June 10 for VOD...fuckin thing was released last year....twats!  And still waiting on The Hexecutioners.....fuckin 21st century...yeah!

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/hNdieiHukQs" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/hNdieiHukQs</a>

Offline dave 5516

• Legacy Fan
  • Si muore sulla bici.
« Reply #42514 on: May 26, 2016, 08:43:01 pm »
Films like this nonsense..it's all good..I wanna see something..you can wait boy... ;D

Just upped on IPT.

Eddie The Eagle 2016 HDRip XviD AC3-EVO

Offline hixxstar

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dont Worry I'm From The Internet
« Reply #42515 on: May 26, 2016, 09:26:46 pm »
Grimsby - whatever it was called - is a bag of shit!
grabbed a copy for a mate the other night... bored at daft o' clock so stuck it on, as shit as it was there were some funny moments & not as bad as i though it would be (was pissed)
Kept thinking 'Liam Gallagher'  ;D

Last night watched 'The Hill' 1965 Sean Connery... saw it many years ago... What a film.
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0059274/
Shanks on Leaving Liverpool FC

"It was the most difficult thing in the world, when I went to tell the chairman........ It was like walking to the electric chair.... That's the way it felt."

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #42516 on: May 27, 2016, 12:06:24 am »
went and saw Warcraft. wished i hadnt. just dont. its a waste of time, completely.

Offline Redman0151

• Stills and Nash Warloch
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #42517 on: May 27, 2016, 02:54:15 am »
went and saw Warcraft. wished i hadnt. just dont. its a waste of time, completely.

How does the CGI look with the live action?
"I would say we certainly have the resources to compete with anybody in football." Tom Werner 12/04/2012

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #42518 on: May 27, 2016, 03:13:45 am »
How does the CGI look with the live action?

durable? its like a juiced up GoT or LotR minus all the, you know, content. its Mad Max without any compelling aspect at all. i was bored.

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #42519 on: May 27, 2016, 03:18:42 am »
also watched 13 hours. what a load of wank.