Author Topic: Championship Manager 01/02 - UPDATED TO 2011!  (Read 112918 times)

Offline Cragsi

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: Championship Manager 01/02
« Reply #40 on: October 10, 2011, 01:39:42 am »
Heres the result from when i played United... Of all the people...

Riding through dust clouds and barren wastes
Galloping hard on the plains
Chasing the redskins back to their holes
Fighting them at their own game
Murder for freedom a stab in the back
Women and children and cowards attaaaaaack...

Offline Wish Matrix

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #41 on: October 10, 2011, 03:07:28 am »
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=NHPGVJ5A

That version of the game doesn't have kits and badges. It does have background pictures for loads of players though.

Do we need original game for this?
Would sacrifice Fordy in a sacred Mayan ritual to have him (Jurgen Klopp) as the next Liverpool manager

Online JasonF

• Frenkie says "Ilaix, don't do it"
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
    • Funny T-Shirts
« Reply #42 on: October 10, 2011, 08:18:53 am »
Do we need original game for this?

It's included in his RAR file. CM 01/02 is officially a free download btw, it has been for a few years so no worries about it being warez or anything.

Offline Nick110581

• Up the tricky reds
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hearts Jurgen
« Reply #43 on: October 10, 2011, 08:56:06 am »
Amazing. Had a few issues with this last night tho. Downloaded and started playing on windows 7 but when I switched to media player it fucked the resolution of screen and crashed.

Am I doing something wrong?

What application should I run also?
No, jazz. You fear jazz. You fear the lack of rules, the lack of boundaries. Oh look, it's a fence. But, no, it's soft.

Offline AnnieRoad(Un)Faithful

• No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
  • Olivavu
« Reply #44 on: October 10, 2011, 09:29:48 am »
How dyou get kits badges, player pictures etc mate ?

You don't get that on this version of the game. That feature arrived on later versions of Championship Manager/Football Manager.

On this one, you just get background changes.
"It's there to remind our lads who they're playing for, and to remind the opposition who they're playing against."

• No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
  • Olivavu
« Reply #45 on: October 10, 2011, 09:30:38 am »
Heres the result from when i played United... Of all the people...

Oh dear!

Torres seems to like scoring against me though. Owen doesn't often get to play for United, but makes a fair few sub appearances.
"It's there to remind our lads who they're playing for, and to remind the opposition who they're playing against."

• No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
  • Olivavu
« Reply #46 on: October 10, 2011, 09:31:33 am »
Amazing. Had a few issues with this last night tho. Downloaded and started playing on windows 7 but when I switched to media player it fucked the resolution of screen and crashed.

Am I doing something wrong?

What application should I run also?

I run mine in windowed mode and Windows 7 automatically switches to 32-bit, so I can use whatever I else I want. I often listen to music while playing as well, so Media Player works fine.

Try windowed mode and see if it's ok.

Offline AJ

• a.k.a. Billy Two-Threads. Property of RAWK – soon to be raffled - has as much chance of becoming a mod as David Moyes
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #47 on: October 10, 2011, 09:33:53 am »
I can't get it to work :(.

It's supposed to launch the setup when it finishes extracting, but it just doesn't. So I try and manually launch the setup from the newly created folder and, again, it just doesn't open.

• No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
  • Olivavu
« Reply #48 on: October 10, 2011, 09:52:29 am »
I can't get it to work :(.

It's supposed to launch the setup when it finishes extracting, but it just doesn't. So I try and manually launch the setup from the newly created folder and, again, it just doesn't open.

Have you followed the instructions in the Word document? (Sorry if that's blatantly obvious to you and you already have done!)

Offline Nick110581

• Up the tricky reds
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hearts Jurgen
« Reply #49 on: October 10, 2011, 10:08:04 am »
I run mine in windowed mode and Windows 7 automatically switches to 32-bit, so I can use whatever I else I want. I often listen to music while playing as well, so Media Player works fine.

Try windowed mode and see if it's ok.

Cool. Where do I change that?

Also what app do i run?
No, jazz. You fear jazz. You fear the lack of rules, the lack of boundaries. Oh look, it's a fence. But, no, it's soft.

• No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
  • Olivavu
« Reply #50 on: October 10, 2011, 10:09:24 am »
Cool. Where do I change that?

Also what app do i run?

If you go to the Game Settings menu within the game, you can set it to either 'Windowed' or 'Full Screen'. Set it to windowed from there and it'll run within Windows 7 and shouldn't cause any issues. Fingers crossed anyway!

Which app do you mean? What for?

Offline AJ

• a.k.a. Billy Two-Threads. Property of RAWK – soon to be raffled - has as much chance of becoming a mod as David Moyes
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #51 on: October 10, 2011, 10:24:10 am »
Have you followed the instructions in the Word document? (Sorry if that's blatantly obvious to you and you already have done!)
Well the instructions in the Word document say that the setup will follow the extraction, which it doesn't. The only instruction I have the opportunity to follow is to run the ChampionshipManager01-02 executable, what's supposed to happen after that doesn't happen.

• No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
  • Olivavu
« Reply #52 on: October 10, 2011, 10:31:16 am »
Well the instructions in the Word document say that the setup will follow the extraction, which it doesn't. The only instruction I have the opportunity to follow is to run the ChampionshipManager01-02 executable, what's supposed to happen after that doesn't happen.

Hmm. It works fine for me, so I don't really know what to suggest.

The only thing I can think of is deleting anything installed or copied and starting from scratch.

Offline AJ

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #53 on: October 10, 2011, 10:38:01 am »
Tried that this morning. Just not having it. Which is devastating.

Offline Hij

• Literally Custom-titlely neglected for literally over a decade, Ruud.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice for Anne Williams. Justice for the 97.
    • Grime Forum
« Reply #54 on: October 10, 2011, 10:48:57 am »
Oh my god, this is the best game ever.
Justice for Anne Williams. Justice for the 97. Justice for the Survivors.

Istanbul 2005. Athens 2007. Basel 2016. Kiev 2018. Madrid 2019. Paris 2022.

• No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
  • Olivavu
« Reply #55 on: October 10, 2011, 10:49:25 am »
Tried that this morning. Just not having it. Which is devastating.

Really not sure what to suggest. I am at work at the moment, so can't get too involved in trying to find a solution, but I could remotely access your pc tonight and try and install it for you if you want..?

What is your pc setup? Windows XP, Vista or 7?

• No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
  • Olivavu
« Reply #56 on: October 10, 2011, 10:52:22 am »

It'd be good to see more like this - obviously with Liverpool winning!

Post up any interesting tables, matches, stats etc.

I shall do the same when I next play the game.

Offline AJ

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #57 on: October 10, 2011, 11:21:01 am »
Err, it works fine without installing it haha. I just ran the cm0102 executable and I'm up and running.

One thing that is bugging me is transfer bids, how do you increase/decease your bid in slower? Currently, the slightest tap of the increase button and it flies up about £5m. I'm sure I can recall a way of doing it but can't remember exactly what it was.

• No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
  • Olivavu
« Reply #58 on: October 10, 2011, 11:25:57 am »
Err, it works fine without installing it haha. I just ran the cm0102 executable and I'm up and running.

One thing that is bugging me is transfer bids, how do you increase/decease your bid in slower? Currently, the slightest tap of the increase button and it flies up about £5m. I'm sure I can recall a way of doing it but can't remember exactly what it was.

I am not sure mate, it does the same thing on mine! It absolutely blasts up at the slightest tap of the mouse button. I just use the dropdown menu and then tweak it from there.

Who are you trying to sign?

Offline Wish Matrix

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #59 on: October 10, 2011, 11:33:52 am »
Been ripping up Korean league. Tons of fun. Won the league twice, Korean Cup twice and Asian Cup Winners Cup with Jeju United. Next country; Japan.
Would sacrifice Fordy in a sacred Mayan ritual to have him (Jurgen Klopp) as the next Liverpool manager

• No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
  • Olivavu
« Reply #60 on: October 10, 2011, 11:41:06 am »
Been ripping up Korean league. Tons of fun. Won the league twice, Korean Cup twice and Asian Cup Winners Cup with Jeju United. Next country; Japan.

With the version of the game I uploaded? If so, you've been playing like lightning!!

I don't often manage in any leagues other than England, usually with Liverpool, but I do fancy having a crack at Major League Soccer some time. May also give Korea and/or Japan a whirl as well...

Offline Wish Matrix

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #61 on: October 10, 2011, 11:42:45 am »
With the version of the game I uploaded? If so, you've been playing like lightning!!

Nah. I'm playing the one that's using last season's database. But still good fun in many ways :)

Offline Oddball

• aka 'Steve'. Thinks Autumn is a series. Shite at COD. Search me. Mathematical legend. "Space". Likes to Fuck holmes. Currently sporting a fetching muzzy. Onion Fondler. Blinded by the light. Would like a small larger beer. Can fakh orf
  • RAWK Diva
  • Legacy Fan
  • Woof woof woof
« Reply #62 on: October 10, 2011, 11:54:04 am »
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=NHPGVJ5A

That version of the game doesn't have kits and badges. It does have background pictures for loads of players though.
Do I need to do any of that patch malarkey you have to do with the others? If so can you do a "talk me through it guide" please?

Didnt notice there was a 2nd page of this thread!
« Last Edit: October 10, 2011, 12:04:22 pm by oddball2514 »
We may sign Salah, but I'll show my arse in the middle of town if we sign one of VVD or Keita. Not gonna happen.

• No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
  • Olivavu
« Reply #63 on: October 10, 2011, 12:11:22 pm »
Nah. I'm playing the one that's using last season's database. But still good fun in many ways :)

Well, if you want a more up-to-date database, download my one.

I've put a lot of time and effort into getting it as accurate as possible - but there are still loads of players that need their abilities lowered as they end up being too good!
« Last Edit: October 10, 2011, 12:28:45 pm by AnnieRoad(Un)Faithful »

• No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
  • Olivavu
« Reply #64 on: October 10, 2011, 12:11:59 pm »
Do I need to do any of that patch malarkey you have to do with the others? If so can you do a "talk me through it guide" please?

Didnt notice there was a 2nd page of this thread!

Ha, yeah...all the instructions are in a Word document in the RAR file.

Offline Oddball

• aka 'Steve'. Thinks Autumn is a series. Shite at COD. Search me. Mathematical legend. "Space". Likes to Fuck holmes. Currently sporting a fetching muzzy. Onion Fondler. Blinded by the light. Would like a small larger beer. Can fakh orf
  • RAWK Diva
  • Legacy Fan
  • Woof woof woof
« Reply #65 on: October 10, 2011, 12:16:46 pm »
Just downloaded yours AnnieRoad, cant wait to play it. Just need to do one more season on the game I have in progress. Just bought a load of kids through, and bought Kjaer, Hazzard and Hamsic.
We may sign Salah, but I'll show my arse in the middle of town if we sign one of VVD or Keita. Not gonna happen.

Offline Oddball

• RAWK Diva
  • Legacy Fan
  • Woof woof woof
« Reply #66 on: October 10, 2011, 12:17:36 pm »
Ha, yeah...all the instructions are in a Word document in the RAR file.
Cheers bud ;)

Offline Oddball

• RAWK Diva
  • Legacy Fan
  • Woof woof woof
« Reply #67 on: October 10, 2011, 12:18:56 pm »
Anyone know where Id find the save folder? Just so I can save this one Im doing and go back to it at some point.
 Being a proper retard today! Found it.
« Last Edit: October 10, 2011, 12:33:23 pm by oddball2514 »

• No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
  • Olivavu
« Reply #68 on: October 10, 2011, 12:29:17 pm »
Anyone know where Id find the save folder? Just so I can save this one Im doing and go back to it at some point.

You can save it to wherever you like on the save game page...just change the destination folder.

Offline Oddball

• RAWK Diva
  • Legacy Fan
  • Woof woof woof
« Reply #69 on: October 10, 2011, 12:33:52 pm »
You can save it to wherever you like on the save game page...just change the destination folder.
Cheers again mate...just noticed as I exited. Going to try yours ;)

• No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
  • Olivavu
« Reply #70 on: October 10, 2011, 12:40:24 pm »
Cheers again mate...just noticed as I exited. Going to try yours ;)

Sweet. Enjoy it mate.

I've spent a lot of time editing that and getting it as up to date as I can.

It bugs me when I start a new game and a transfer that would never happen happens...like Diego Forlan joining Barcelona from Inter without playing a single game for them! Or when Sergio Aguero signs for Bayern after only being an unused sub in the Community Shield!

Other things that annoy me are transfers where a 30 year old League Two player signs for a Premiership side and goes straight into their team and becomes a regular.

Oh, and I need to add more of Liverpool's youngsters to the reserve team to pad that out. Most of the Premiership clubs lack young players as the priority was to get the first team and better known players on the game. I shall work on that in the next few days/weeks and I'll upload an update of the data file. I'll do that regularly.

So, I've done my best with it but it'll always be a work in progress!

Offline Suarez325

• Kopite
  • Road End Whopper
« Reply #71 on: October 10, 2011, 12:42:49 pm »
What word document are you talking about? Mine just opens in windows media player and makes a weird noise!

Offline Oddball

• RAWK Diva
  • Legacy Fan
  • Woof woof woof
« Reply #72 on: October 10, 2011, 12:46:56 pm »
Sweet. Enjoy it mate.

I've spent a lot of time editing that and getting it as up to date as I can.

It bugs me when I start a new game and a transfer that would never happen happens...like Diego Forlan joining Barcelona from Inter without playing a single game for them! Or when Sergio Aguero signs for Bayern after only being an unused sub in the Community Shield!

Other things that annoy me are transfers where a 30 year old League Two player signs for a Premiership side and goes straight into their team and becomes a regular.

Oh, and I need to add more of Liverpool's youngsters to the reserve team to pad that out. Most of the Premiership clubs lack young players as the priority was to get the first team and better known players on the game. I shall work on that in the next few days/weeks and I'll upload an update of the data file. I'll do that regularly.

So, I've done my best with it but it'll always be a work in progress!
Sound mate.....Though I cant find that temporary installation file that Im meant to delete?.

• No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
  • Olivavu
« Reply #73 on: October 10, 2011, 12:52:49 pm »
What word document are you talking about? Mine just opens in windows media player and makes a weird noise!

I have no idea why it does that!

Perhaps it autoruns the sound files within the game..?

There should be a Word document in there that gives you a walkthrough on how to install the game, the patch and the database.

• No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
  • Olivavu
« Reply #74 on: October 10, 2011, 12:53:34 pm »
Sound mate.....Though I cant find that temporary installation file that Im meant to delete?.

If the game works and plays ok, then I wouldn't worry about that too much. As long as you've done all the patching and shifting over of the Data and Pictures folders, you should be ok.

Offline Suarez325

• Kopite
  • Road End Whopper
« Reply #75 on: October 10, 2011, 12:55:24 pm »
I have no idea why it does that!

Perhaps it autoruns the sound files within the game..?

There should be a Word document in there that gives you a walkthrough on how to install the game, the patch and the database.

Me neither mate!

No word document just a RAR file that opens automatically in Media Player.

Offline Oddball

• RAWK Diva
  • Legacy Fan
  • Woof woof woof
« Reply #76 on: October 10, 2011, 12:58:08 pm »
If the game works and plays ok, then I wouldn't worry about that too much. As long as you've done all the patching and shifting over of the Data and Pictures folders, you should be ok.
C and P ing as we speak.

• No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
  • Olivavu
« Reply #77 on: October 10, 2011, 01:06:01 pm »
Me neither mate!

No word document just a RAR file that opens automatically in Media Player.

Do you have WinRAR installed on your pc? Or Winzip?

You'll need one of them, or something similar, to open it correctly.

Get it here: http://download.cnet.com/1770-20_4-0.html?query=winrar&tag=srch&searchtype=downloads&filterName=platform%3DWindows&filter=platform%3DWindows

• No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
  • Olivavu
« Reply #78 on: October 10, 2011, 01:07:00 pm »

Offline Nick110581

• Up the tricky reds
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hearts Jurgen
« Reply #79 on: October 10, 2011, 01:09:48 pm »
Will run it windowed.

I downloaded and extracted the data from zipfile to my external hard drive and just click on the app to run.

Assume that is ok?