Author Topic: 7he Manches7er Uni7ed 7hread - NO GREENWOOD/ANTONY*  (Read 572767 times)

Offline Bread

• Legacy Fan
Re: 7he Manches7er Uni7ed 7hread - NO GREENWOOD/ANTONY*
« Reply #9160 on: March 21, 2024, 07:46:13 pm »

Big fan of the way he stops and stares at Garnacho, like it's his fault he wasn't able to teleport 5 metres to his left to retrieve the pass.

Online Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9161 on: March 21, 2024, 07:55:40 pm »
The Mainoo call-up just reminds me of  when Cleverly was called up following one performance in the charity shield.

Everyone loves hyping their players up. There's loads of examples but Cleverly's a great one.

I read this morning that Mainoo's rise has been one of the most meteoric in the history of football.  :lmao

;D Seems like one only has to play a few games in the Premier League for them and they're absolutely amazing (and sometimes they don't even have to do that).
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

Offline Sheer Magnetism

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #9162 on: March 21, 2024, 07:58:25 pm »
I read this morning that Mainoo's rise has been one of the most meteoric in the history of football.  :lmao
Just like the days of Macheda all over again. Though I do think Mainoo benefits from playing in a position England are really weak in right now.

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• Missing an asterisk - no, wait sorry, that's his rusty starfish..... RAWK Apple fanboy. Hedley Lamarr's bestest mate. Has done nothing incredible ever.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
« Reply #9163 on: March 21, 2024, 08:52:33 pm »
Just like the days of Macheda all over again. Though I do think Mainoo benefits from playing in a position England are really weak in right now.

"The entire pitch"

ABE
Quote from: tubby on Today at 12:45:53 pm

They both went in high, that's factually correct, both tried to play the ball at height.  Doku with his foot, Mac Allister with his chest.

Online anfieldpurch

• Simple
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice for the 96!!
« Reply #9164 on: March 22, 2024, 01:27:00 pm »
The FA Cup tie of Coventry v Man United at Wembley apparently deemed "high risk" so they've decided to stick it on the Sunday.. when we could be in London to face Fulham and Palace v West Ham could be on too...
Proud father to Riley James Lucas 16/3/17

Offline Mister Flip Flop

• More flop than flip.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9165 on: March 22, 2024, 03:06:37 pm »
I can't actually believe it but they are seriously considering Southgate to take over from 7Haag  :wave
Soccer - let's face it, its not really about a game of ball anymore is it?

Offline 4pool

• Mr. ( last name) Minister Of Truth - 1984 to 1984. The first to do a Moyesed. A pore grammarist.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Liverpool: European Capital of Football 2005/2006
« Reply #9166 on: March 22, 2024, 03:09:06 pm »
I can't actually believe it but they are seriously considering Southgate to take over from 7Haag  :wave

Nothing wrong with it, imho.  ;D
Either we are a club of supporters or become a club of customers.

Offline Andy82lfc

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #9167 on: March 22, 2024, 03:23:49 pm »

Is this real?? Where is this? Don't fuck around and get me excited!! .... I mean make my knees wobble with envy.

If this is true I'm going full St George's flag kit wanker and supporting Engerlund to victory!!

Offline Terry de Niro

• Cellar dweller fella, ya know
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Are you talkin' to me or chewin' a brick?
« Reply #9168 on: March 22, 2024, 09:06:43 pm »
Nothing wrong with it, imho.  ;D
Yeah, give him a lifetime contract, I say.

Offline DarkOfTheManatee

• Anny Roader
« Reply #9169 on: March 22, 2024, 10:21:37 pm »

We should be making weekly journeys to Manchester to paint 'Welcome Gareth' on various walls, astroturfing social media channels with praise for "the only man who can get a tune out of Maguire", and buying Ineos staff tickets to see Dear England.

Create a grassroots groundswell of support that Ratcliffe mistakes for the real thing from all the way up on that perch he's about to knock us off.

Offline RedSince86

• I blame Chris de Burgh
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9170 on: March 22, 2024, 10:54:41 pm »
Ratcliffe truly is a Brexiteer if he wants Southgate and makes it happen.

"Since its purchase by the sheikh of Abu Dhabi, Manchester City has managed to cheat its way into the top echelon of European football and create a global, immensely profitable football empire, ignoring rules along the way. The club's newfound glory is rooted in lies."

Offline him_15

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #9171 on: March 23, 2024, 12:17:35 am »
Has Southgate won anything at all in his life time? why would United even consider him?
Believer

Online The North Bank

• Can even make the sun shine in Manchester - once in a blue moon...
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9172 on: March 23, 2024, 05:29:46 am »
Has Southgate won anything at all in his life time? why would United even consider him?

Southgate would be perfect for them. Knows how to deal with pressure, manage big egos, great infront of the camera. Sir Jim making the right moves already. Man utd are the England of club football, the biggest thing in the world. Hed be a great manager for them.
 I hope they sign him quick before someone else snaps him up, like pizza hut.

Offline Statto Red

• Hung like a sperm whale but only around the middle. Proud owner of a couple of spare arms, although is pits pong like the bins, not very appealing. Bambi on ice.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Kloppite
« Reply #9173 on: March 23, 2024, 05:37:35 am »
I do hope they appoint Southgate as manager, he's a manager who's shown that he chokes in big matches [2018 world cup semi finals, 2020 euro final, last world cup quarter finals], England are dull & ponderous to watch, & he picks his favourites regardless of performances.
#Sausages

Offline Drinks Sangria

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • 'I'm caught on your coat again.'
« Reply #9174 on: March 23, 2024, 09:35:48 am »
If Radcliffe thinks Southgate is the answer, then I’m happy to know things aren’t going to improve much at Utd just from ‘Sir Jim’s’ (the slimy bastard) presence.
“Seeing these smiling faces is the greatest pleasure. They have been magnificent all season. They have been our 12th man. I have always said our fans are the best in England. Now I know they are the best in Europe too.” Rafa Benitez

Offline Wengerscoat

• Main Stander
« Reply #9175 on: March 23, 2024, 05:25:34 pm »
Mainoo was so overhyped. I've read posts online with United fans claiming he dominated LFC's midfield!? I swear most people on social media don't watch games and base their opinions on the score and other crap they've read. How many times did he pass it to the advertising hoardings?

One of them said he was better than Fabregas at the same age.

The same Fabregas who was our star performer at the same age in the run to the CL final. The same Fabregas who at 18 was MOM in only our 1 of 2 wins at OT in the last decades. Absolutely the biggest deluded fanbase out there.
« Last Edit: March 23, 2024, 05:28:25 pm by Wengerscoat »

Offline Tobelius

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9176 on: March 23, 2024, 05:30:22 pm »
Is this real?? Where is this? Don't fuck around and get me excited!! .... I mean make my knees wobble with envy.

If this is true I'm going full St George's flag kit wanker and supporting Engerlund to victory!!

I'll buy a f*cking vest and even wear it to commemorate the occasion.

Offline thejbs

• well-focussed, deffo not at all bias......ed
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9177 on: March 24, 2024, 12:39:24 am »
https://www.goal.com/en-tza/lists/gareth-southgate-ideal-candidate-man-utd-england-boss-cultural-reset-old-trafford/bltd2c59a4c7c73123a

These sort of hype articles are just delicious. I’m even more excited about the prospect of Southgate than I was with Moyes.

Offline Peabee

• SKPB! Is goin' down der Asd.....der Waitrose.....anyone wannany hummus?
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9178 on: March 24, 2024, 01:00:57 am »
It's great that they have a big ego maniac who thinks he knows better than the football people at the club. A bit of Boehly about him hopefully.
We aren't walking through the storm now - we are the storm.

Online The North Bank

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #9179 on: March 24, 2024, 01:12:09 am »
https://www.goal.com/en-tza/lists/gareth-southgate-ideal-candidate-man-utd-england-boss-cultural-reset-old-trafford/bltd2c59a4c7c73123a

These sort of hype articles are just delicious. I’m even more excited about the prospect of Southgate than I was with Moyes.

Cultural reset is exactly what they need. Gaz looked dapper on the sidelines yesterday, every bit a united manager. Got the best out of H too, thats maguire for culturally backward people.

Offline 4pool

• Mr. ( last name) Minister Of Truth - 1984 to 1984. The first to do a Moyesed. A pore grammarist.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Liverpool: European Capital of Football 2005/2006
« Reply #9180 on: March 24, 2024, 01:26:20 am »
Southgate only lost 1-0 to Brazil playing great football. Surely an audition for the Man Utd job.
Either we are a club of supporters or become a club of customers.

Online duvva 💅

• lippa RAWK Diivva, broke Kenny's sky
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • LFC Quiz Rivals Most Hated
« Reply #9181 on: March 24, 2024, 03:27:10 am »
Just watched the Alex Ferguson documentary Never Give In on Ch4. Really interesting if you’re into your football history.

Covers him growing up in Glasgow, how he became a player, met his late wife, through managing Aberdeen, obviously onto United (but not enough about them that it’s off putting). All sandwiched by what happened with his brain haemorrhage and how the biggest worry for him was losing all his memories.

Definitely worth a watch
« Last Edit: March 24, 2024, 03:30:36 am by duvva 💅 »
"If you don't limit yourself with bad thoughts, you can fly" - Jurgen Klopp

Offline JohnnoWhite

• Deliverer of the -Q- de grace.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thought I was wrong once - but I was mistaken.
« Reply #9182 on: March 24, 2024, 07:48:46 am »
Cultural reset is exactly what they need. Gaz looked dapper on the sidelines yesterday, every bit a united manager. Got the best out of H too, thats maguire for culturally backward people.

Yep go on take the piss all you want re Maguire. Always been a calamity waiting to happen. I wouldn't give him a shirt in our local pub team - and I've been a United fan for 72 friggin' years!!
There is nothing wrong with striving to win, so long as you don't set the prize above the game. There can be no dishonour in defeat nor any conceit in victory. What matters above all is that the team plays in the right spirit, with skill, courage, fair play,no favour and the result accepted without bitterness. Sir Matt Busby CBE KCSG 1909-1994

Offline reddebs

• areddwarfis4lifenotjust4xmas
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9183 on: March 24, 2024, 09:13:55 am »
Just watched the Alex Ferguson documentary Never Give In on Ch4. Really interesting if you’re into your football history.

Covers him growing up in Glasgow, how he became a player, met his late wife, through managing Aberdeen, obviously onto United (but not enough about them that it’s off putting). All sandwiched by what happened with his brain haemorrhage and how the biggest worry for him was losing all his memories.

Definitely worth a watch

One of my clients grew up on the Goven estate, her dad was one of his mates and she remembers him from her childhood. 

She got a beautiful hand written letter
from him when her dad died.

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9184 on: March 24, 2024, 06:08:34 pm »
 ;D

DR Congo rejects Aaron Wan-Bissaka request to represent their national team.

We have learned that the wingback made a private contact to tell DR Congo FA that He is more than ready to represent DRC. But he was told that they are not interested anymore in his service as he initially rejected the call up from the federation in hope of playing for England.

"We simple don't want him. He is like that woman/man you ask for affair and rejects you in hope of getting a rich man/woman. When that doesn't happen she/he comes back with tail between the legs" said a DRC citizen.

Offline tonysleft

• Legacy Fan
  • A manc
« Reply #9185 on: March 24, 2024, 06:39:01 pm »
If I were the new owners and I wanted to somehow get fans on board with keeping Ten Hag for another season, I'd float "Southgate to United" rumors in the press..
Great chiefs and great loves in obliterated light

Offline darragh85

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #9186 on: March 24, 2024, 07:27:13 pm »
its a disgrace that Mainoo got called up over Elliott. Really highlights what an absolute arse licking sack of shit Southgate is.

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #9187 on: March 24, 2024, 07:41:14 pm »

Ten Haag has sullied the United Manager cosplay with that polo neck nonsense. Black blazer with partridge crest, red and black tie and stay pressed grey action slacks. It’s a look that says, “I’m in charge of my line up”.

Online rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9188 on: March 24, 2024, 08:06:47 pm »
its a disgrace that Mainoo got called up over Elliott. Really highlights what an absolute arse licking sack of shit Southgate is.

I'm happy about that, let the dinosaur break someone elses players and Harvey could do with the rest as well
Jurgen YNWA

Offline capt k

• aaaaaaaavemaaaaaaaaan!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • id rather be fishing
« Reply #9189 on: March 24, 2024, 08:25:28 pm »
I'm happy about that, let the dinosaur break someone elses players and Harvey could do with the rest as well
didnt Harvey player in the under age for England? so no rest
JFT 96

Offline Alan B'Stard

• Wistfully recalling maternal tongue.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Never rub another mans rhubarb!
« Reply #9190 on: March 24, 2024, 08:33:14 pm »

Definitely worth a watch
I know many Liverpool fans despise Fergie but let's face it, his entire career at Untied was to displace LFC through his absolute respect for our club! You have to admire his drive and determination to do that.
“If you don't stand for something you will fall for anything”

🏆 🏆 🏆 🏆 🏆 🏆
77 78  81 84 05 19

Offline SamLad

• Definitely not a numerologist! Definitely fodder for whimsical modding though... ;) Definitely not 72! Founding member of the Efes Animal Appreciation Society. Very mɪstʃɪvəs.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9191 on: March 24, 2024, 08:36:43 pm »
didnt Harvey player in the under age for England?
yep.

Offline Redley

• Legacy Fan
  • Turned doubters to believers
« Reply #9192 on: March 24, 2024, 09:04:04 pm »
If I were the new owners and I wanted to somehow get fans on board with keeping Ten Hag for another season, I'd float "Southgate to United" rumors in the press..

It’d be genius for sure

Although if I was a Man Utd owning tax dodging Tory ratbag, going cap in hand to the government trying to get a new stadium when I’m worth 20 odd billion pounds, then I’d probably hire Gareth Southgate as manager :)

As the old meme says….

Offline RMG

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #9193 on: March 25, 2024, 06:59:24 pm »
Southgate is a weird one ain't it.

Online PaulF

• https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/paulfelce
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nothing feels as good as fat tastes.
« Reply #9194 on: March 25, 2024, 11:11:48 pm »
They are just waiting for the club shop to stock up on xxxxl waistcoats before announcing Southgate.
"All the lads have been talking about is walking out in front of the Kop, with 40,000 singing 'You'll Never Walk Alone'," Collins told BBC Radio Solent. "All the money in the world couldn't buy that feeling," he added.

Offline thejbs

• well-focussed, deffo not at all bias......ed
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9195 on: March 25, 2024, 11:22:07 pm »

How do you mean? The greatest England manager since Sir Alf Ramsey is the perfect fit for the BIGGEST JOB IN ENGLISH FOOTBALL™️

Online The North Bank

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #9196 on: March 25, 2024, 11:32:38 pm »

Liverpool should declare interest, just saw united can win the race to sign him.

Offline moondog

• dot com! Wake him up before he go-gos.....
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bring the noise
« Reply #9197 on: March 26, 2024, 09:02:03 am »
Liverpool should declare interest, just saw united can win the race to sign him.

Don’t even joke about that shit. He needs a clean run to the old Trafford hotseat.

Online Ray K

• Loves a shiny helmet. The new IndyKalia.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Truthiness
« Reply #9198 on: March 27, 2024, 08:42:39 am »
This would be a very good appointment that I would reluctantly wholeheartedly support.  Definitely a sign that they have turned a corner.

Manchester United want Gary O'Neil talks over possible coaching role - ESPN

Manchester United want to speak to Wolverhampton Wanderers head coach Gary O'Neil about a role in a potential new coaching setup at Old Trafford, sources have told ESPN.

With Sir Jim Ratcliffe's Ineos group now in charge of football operations at United following the completion of their purchase of a 27% stake in the club in February, sources have said that the new regime, led by Ineos director of sport Sir Dave Brailsford, are attempting to build a new coaching structure led by a head coach.

And while no final decision has been made on Erik ten Hag's future as manager, sources have told ESPN that United have already assessed England manager Gareth Southgate, Brighton boss Roberto De Zerbi and Brentford's Thomas Frank as potential successors.

O'Neil, who was appointed manager at Molineux last August following the departure of Julen Lopetegui, has guided Wolves into contention for European qualification this season after keeping Bournemouth in the Premier League during his first top-flight job last season.

And sources have told ESPN that the 40-year-old has been made aware of United's interest, with senior figures from the club expressing a desire to discuss his intentions.

Sources have confirmed United's interest in O'Neil to ESPN, although the role that they may be prepared to offer is not known. Aside from assessing managerial options, sources have said United are also looking at bolstering their entire coaching team.

O'Neil signed a three-year contract when taking charge of Wolves last summer, leaving United with the prospect of having to pay compensation should they choose to offer him a job at the club.

The former Middlesbrough, Portsmouth and West Ham United midfielder started his coaching career with Liverpool U-18s having been hired by Michael Edwards during his time as the club's sporting director.

Edwards and O'Neil had previously worked together during Portsmouth's time in the Premier League in the early 2000s.

Man United declined to comment about the possibility of talks with O'Neil when approached by ESPN.
"We have to change from doubters to believers"

Twitter: @rjkelly75

Online vblfc

• "Verily, behold! Liverpool Football Club!"
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Let your soul and spirit fly Into the mystic
« Reply #9199 on: March 27, 2024, 08:48:31 am »
This would be a very good appointment that I would reluctantly wholeheartedly support.  Definitely a sign that they have turned a corner.

Manchester United want Gary O'Neil talks over possible coaching role - ESPN
So O’Neil to leave the Wolves manager role to work under Southgate?