Author Topic: LIVERPOOL TRANSFER THREAD 2023 - archived discussions about what’s offensive  (Read 1073903 times)

Offline red mongoose

• Every day he's funnelling. Twisted firestarter. Just once he'd like to get something right on here. We're waiting too. Everything he does, he does it for us!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Crawl in under the shadow of this red rock
Re: LIVERPOOL TRANSFER THREAD 2023
« Reply #240 on: January 1, 2023, 09:11:17 pm »
Think we should go for the player that Benfica are after to replace Enzo, cut out the middle man.  Can't remember what his name was, but I think he was another Argentinian.

Perrone - looks like City are all over that one already. Plenty of alternatives, though. We'll find someone.
At the hole where he went in
Red-Eye called to Wrinkle-Skin.
Hear what little Red-Eye saith:
"Nag, come up and dance with death!'"

Offline Lycan

• Loves egg. Quite partial to a nipple too. Once came into contact with Jeremy Beadle and his tiny right hand. I used to be a Werewolf, but I'm alright noooooooooowww!!!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #241 on: January 1, 2023, 09:11:43 pm »
I dunno, Kleberson wasn’t far off that and he was famously shit

He also famously had a 14-year-old girlfriend. Well...That was the rumour anyway.
“There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. A high-powered mutant of some kind, never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.”

Offline Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
  • Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to
« Reply #242 on: January 1, 2023, 09:11:47 pm »
You don't get 22 caps for Brazil by the age of 23 if you are not a good player. Many people don't watch South American football, and don't know that Arthur was a regular for Brazil in their 2019 Copa America winning team. He has also played a significant role on Barcelona's 2018/19 title winning team. Then, in the summer of 2020, the suspicious swap deal with Pjanic happened, and since then his career went off the tracks.

I don't know how much of his quality is still there, but he is only 26 years old, and I am curious to see what he has to offer when fully fit ...

Playing for Brazil isn't the boon it used to be.

He was solid enough at Barca without setting the world alight and had a bad time of it at Juve. His injury record is shite but he's also not exactly what we're missing. He's a Thiago-lite which is a good thing in terms of covering him if he's ever actually fit (ditto Keita) but he hasn't the qualities and attributes we're crying out for otherwise. He's no more quick or athletic than what we've already got.

Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season

Offline Passmaster Molby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #243 on: January 1, 2023, 09:13:16 pm »
Klopps comments about getting Gakpo before he moved to a bigger league and his price skyrocketed might suggest we won’t be getting Bellingham. Considering the price is circa 100-120 million pounds then it seems we have missed boat for getting him at a reasonable fee. Helps us that we are constantly linked to him though, as it means people won’t notice us picking others up from Portugal, Holland or South American leagues for a fraction of the cost.

Offline Ma Vie en Rouge

• J'aime voir...!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #244 on: January 1, 2023, 09:17:54 pm »
I don’t get this.  We obviously have a limited budget, we are losing 3 midfielders in the summer, he’s an upgrade on 2 of them and is available for a decent fee.

But how does a supposedly well-run club with super high revenue go from CL finalists, double cup winners, domestic runners up, to having to scrape around signing the likes of Arthur to fill gaps? It would be ridiculous and people would rightly be bemused/furious.

Offline plura

• Bear with me
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #245 on: January 1, 2023, 09:18:45 pm »
Klopps comments about getting Gakpo before he moved to a bigger league and his price skyrocketed might suggest we won’t be getting Bellingham. Considering the price is circa 100-120 million pounds then it seems we have missed boat for getting him at a reasonable fee. Helps us that we are constantly linked to him though, as it means people won’t notice us picking others up from Portugal, Holland or South American leagues for a fraction of the cost.

Not sure how applicable one is to the other. Feels we are valuing players differently and have a price range we feel is justified for them. But that doesn’t mean the total amount we have for any/all players is therefore limited in the same way. For Jude I reckon we could spend £100m.

Offline PeterTheRed ...

• Edgelord. Fabrizio Romanovic, Tancredi Palmerovic, Christian Falkovic, Duncan Castlovic, Jan Aage Fjortovic
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #246 on: January 1, 2023, 09:19:56 pm »

Yeah, shit players are usually regular starters on World Cup winning teams, like Kleberson was for Brazil in 2002. Just like Arthur with Juventus, Kleberson has made the wrong career choice by joining Man Utd. After leaving that shiteshow, he has resurrected  his career in the Brazilian league, and was even on the Brazilian World Cup squad in 2010 ...

Offline TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #247 on: January 1, 2023, 09:20:22 pm »
Would Caicedo take a non-homegrown slot in the squad with him being 21?
Nope
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
  • Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to
« Reply #248 on: January 1, 2023, 09:21:18 pm »

He was more likely referencing Enzo who we held an interest in last year but decided to wait and see how he got on at Benfica. The market being what it is now with Boehly and Newcastle's owners and the money United and City spend we can't afford to sit and wait.
Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season

Offline Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #249 on: January 1, 2023, 09:21:52 pm »

Played in Turkey for a couple of years. Hmm....gives me an idea.
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

Offline JackWard33

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • President of the Harry Wilson fanclub
« Reply #250 on: January 1, 2023, 09:22:08 pm »
Yes new thread! Time for everyone to forget all my old terrible takes ..... and enjoy all new terrible takes

Let's get the ball rolling..... we should sign a midfielder

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #251 on: January 1, 2023, 09:23:36 pm »
Yeah, shit players are usually regular starters on World Cup winning teams, like Kleberson was for Brazil in 2002. Just like Arthur with Juventus, Kleberson has made the wrong career choice by joining Man Utd. After leaving that shiteshow, he has resurrected  his career in the Brazilian league, and was even on the Brazilian World Cup squad in 2010 ...

Playing for a nation, even a top one, doesn’t mean a thing nowadays. Anthony is close to 22 caps and he’s shite, it’s just not a good barometer. Him playing for Juve and Barca means a lot more.
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline PeterTheRed ...

• Edgelord. Fabrizio Romanovic, Tancredi Palmerovic, Christian Falkovic, Duncan Castlovic, Jan Aage Fjortovic
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #252 on: January 1, 2023, 09:29:15 pm »
Playing for a nation, even a top one, doesn’t mean a thing nowadays. Anthony is close to 22 caps and he’s shite, it’s just not a good barometer. Him playing for Juve and Barca means a lot more.

Using that logic, Enzo Fernandez is a pretty average player ...

Offline MonsLibpool

• Glass always half empty.......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #253 on: January 1, 2023, 09:35:39 pm »
You don't get 22 caps for Brazil by the age of 23 if you are not a good player. Many people don't watch South American football, and don't know that Arthur was a regular for Brazil in their 2019 Copa America winning team. He has also played a significant role on Barcelona's 2018/19 title winning team. Then, in the summer of 2020, the suspicious swap deal with Pjanic happened, and since then his career went off the tracks.

I don't know how much of his quality is still there, but he is only 26 years old, and I am curious to see what he has to offer when fully fit ...
How many caps does Antony have again? ;)

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #254 on: January 1, 2023, 09:41:56 pm »
Using that logic, Enzo Fernandez is a pretty average player ...

Well no, no Peter. The logic isn’t ‘every player who is capped by their country is average’ but more ‘some average players have been capped by their country’, but I can see why you’d need it explaining.
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline PeterTheRed ...

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #255 on: January 1, 2023, 09:47:50 pm »
How many caps does Antony have again? ;)

He has 15 caps, and was considered as a suitable replacement for Salah in this very same thread, until he has joined Man Utd  ;D

Offline PeterTheRed ...

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #256 on: January 1, 2023, 09:51:00 pm »
Well no, no Peter. The logic isn’t ‘every player who is capped by their country is average’ but more ‘some average players have been capped by their country’, but I can see why you’d need it explaining.

Lets see ...

Enzo Fernandez has never played for one of the top European clubs, or won something in Europe. Therefore, using your logic, he is nothing special ...

Offline El Lobo

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #257 on: January 1, 2023, 09:53:53 pm »
Lets see ...

Enzo Fernandez has never played for one of the top European clubs, or won something in Europe. Therefore, using your logic, he is nothing special ...

I’m gonna have to bow to your knowledge on being special Pete  :wave

Offline Suareznumber7

• Gullible. Lost in the modern world, thinks all tweets are true.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #258 on: January 1, 2023, 09:54:43 pm »

At the very least he should get a chance to show what he has left before folks write him off. 

Offline PeterTheRed ...

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #259 on: January 1, 2023, 09:57:42 pm »
I’m gonna have to bow to your knowledge on being special Pete  :wave

Just admit that you posted something stupid, and we will forget about it  ;D

Offline RedG13

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #260 on: January 1, 2023, 10:07:12 pm »
I don't think it will happen either, but if we desperately need a foreign spot for a first-choice midfield player, we can and will definitely do something.
Possible im just more in unlikely at this moment.

Offline RedG13

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #261 on: January 1, 2023, 10:08:11 pm »
Kelleher misses an awful lot of games and Ali's had injuries so you can't be too careful. It didn't make a lot of sense wasting a non-HG spot on a 3rd choice keeper in the summer though.
His contract is up in the summer, would think renewal is unlikely but Clubs prefer having an vet 3rd stringer then a young player

Offline El Lobo

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #262 on: January 1, 2023, 10:08:32 pm »
Just admit that you posted something stupid, and we will forget about it  ;D

If you’re struggling with the concept of international football not being a great barometer of a players ability I can crack out some Harry Maguire gifs?

Offline PeterTheRed ...

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #263 on: January 1, 2023, 10:08:35 pm »
At the very least he should get a chance to show what he has left before folks write him off. 

Of course he will get his chance. Hopefully in the 4th round of the FA Cup, later this month ...

Offline RedG13

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #264 on: January 1, 2023, 10:09:04 pm »
Harvey Davies could easily take that slot.
If came down to needed a 3rd keeper for game, would much prefer Adrian over Davies.

Offline Lynndenberries

• Not iste björksmak
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Sun don't shine in the shade
« Reply #265 on: January 1, 2023, 10:25:22 pm »
Kelleher misses an awful lot of games and Ali's had injuries so you can't be too careful. It didn't make a lot of sense wasting a non-HG spot on a 3rd choice keeper in the summer though.
If we need funds to afford new players, Kelleher is surely one of the first players we’ll look to sell. He could easily start for most teams outside of the top six and has outgrown his spot as a reserve keeper. Spurs could do a lot worse than him.
I love mankind; it's people I can't stand.

Offline 67CherryRed

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #266 on: January 1, 2023, 10:32:05 pm »
Spurs could do a lot worse than him.
Can't see it. You're more likely to see Spurs go for someone like Raya / Sanchez and then there's a Kelleher-shaped hole at Brentford / Brighton, that's more than likely his level if he wants to be a starter.

Offline SamLad

• Definitely not a numerologist! Definitely fodder for whimsical modding though... ;) Definitely not 72! Founding member of the Efes Animal Appreciation Society. Very mɪstʃɪvəs.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #267 on: January 1, 2023, 10:33:23 pm »
is Kell injured right now?

Offline RedBec1993

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #268 on: January 1, 2023, 10:38:29 pm »
Klopps pre Brentford presser.. asked about transfers. “ I have been here 7 years. We can't just spend money - we signed an outstanding player like Cody Gakpo and the next question is about who is next. I don't understand it. It's as if we don't have a team. This is not monopoly.”

“It was never like this that we could just spend money. We never did - we can’t just spend and we never could. It is a big part of my philosophy - really working full of faith and trust in the players we have.”

“Not constantly questioning them and whether we need another player for that position.”

I don’t think we are going to sign a midfielder to be honest, I really don’t.

Offline Aldo1988

• Legacy Fan
  • Superduperfan & Whopper. Ooh sexist.
« Reply #269 on: January 1, 2023, 10:39:30 pm »

This is why City have Carson and United have Heaton, both decent 3rd choice home-grown keepers.  We should look at having a promising young keeper and an older experienced home-grown as our Ali backups.
"Has Anyone Really Been Far Even as Decided to Use Even Go Want to do Look More Like?"

Offline TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #270 on: January 1, 2023, 10:40:25 pm »
Bad news Klopp strikes again!
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline Caston

• Castoff, Knitone, Purlone
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #271 on: January 1, 2023, 10:46:35 pm »
Probs been told he has no funds left after splashing out 40m. Run like a mid table club.

Offline rawcusk8

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #272 on: January 1, 2023, 10:47:55 pm »
Is this Klopp fella reliable?
“If you even dream of beating me you'd better wake up and apologize.” - muhammad ali

Offline RedBec1993

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #273 on: January 1, 2023, 10:48:10 pm »
Probs been told he has no funds left after splashing out 40m. Run like a mid table club.

He looked visibly frustrated. The options we have in midfield leave a lot to be desired. Not even digging any of our players out but have to be realistic, having flash backs to that midfield against Forest 😫

Offline Wabaloolah

• Rocks to the East, Rocks to the West. Definitely Unscotch.
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Allez Allez Allez
    • My Twitter Account
« Reply #274 on: January 1, 2023, 10:50:07 pm »
or maybe he has more confidence in the players he has than RAWKites
However if something serious happens to them I will eat my own cock.

If anyone is going to put a few fingers deep into my arse it's going to be me.

Offline plura

• Bear with me
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #275 on: January 1, 2023, 10:54:00 pm »
I mean what can you say. I doubt he’s living in a fantasy world not seeing the issues at hand. Then we know how loyal he is. But because we buy an attacking player we can’t buy a midfielder because that’s monopoly/oil cheat style?

This has the potential to spiral out of control so lets have at it.
« Last Edit: January 1, 2023, 11:00:23 pm by plura »

Offline Aldo1988

• Legacy Fan
  • Superduperfan & Whopper. Ooh sexist.
« Reply #276 on: January 1, 2023, 10:55:01 pm »
or maybe he has more confidence in the players he has than RAWKites

And Twitter fans.
"Has Anyone Really Been Far Even as Decided to Use Even Go Want to do Look More Like?"

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #277 on: January 1, 2023, 10:55:18 pm »
We should look at Barca for deals.  :D

FC Barcelona must reduce the wage bill by at least €200M, as the club can no longer use any economic levers to sign players. A big departure is needed.
[@CatalunyaRadio]

Offline RedBec1993

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #278 on: January 1, 2023, 10:56:21 pm »
We should look at Barca for deals.  :D

They’ll have to give us the players for free 😂

Offline plura

• Bear with me
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan