Author Topic: Fulham 1-0 Liverpool: Full time  (Read 109331 times)

Offline Cre_mCr_cker

• Green A_my!
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Fulham 1-0 Liverpool: Full time
« Reply #440 on: December 5, 2011, 10:28:12 pm »
Fucking hell. Lock this thread. Move on. Too many fucking whoppers having a go at Kenny and saying the season's over. We were in a far worse position than this when Kenny took over and ran it very close for fourth. One fucking game. One extremely unlucky game. Move on.
This is a Liverpool forum. We are not talking about Demba Ba's cock.

My feet are wet but my cups are bone dry! Everything's comin' up Milhouse!

Offline RK7

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #441 on: December 5, 2011, 10:28:23 pm »
We're NEVER going to get the benefit of the doubt from any ref with Suarez diving and complaining about everything. Whether it's legitimate or not, he needs to just play. He' a marked man, so refs are going to make a point of giving him nothing.

The real villain here is Kenny Dalglish's tactics, which are stuck in the 20th century.

Why Andy Carroll started, and we sent ball after ball into the box in the air for Hangeland to easily deal with, is absolutely beyond me.

I'm not even a big Maxi fan, but I have a sneaking suspicion that a front 3 of Maxi/Suarez/Bellamy would have run circles around the clumsy Fulham CBs and notched a few.

I just don't understand the way we play. Everything we do now seems counterintuitive.
Does seem that way doesn't it.

Offline Leecher9

• RAWK Supporter
  • Anny Roader
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #442 on: December 5, 2011, 10:28:30 pm »
I'm sorry, but if Pepe doesn't spill the ball then we don't lose the game. But he did, and they scored. End of.

Couple in the fact that we again missed chances that we should have scored, and there's really only one direction to point the finger of blame

i.e: at ourselves. Being down to 10 men hindered our chances to win, but it wasn't the sole cause of this defeat.

I'm fucked if I'm going to have a go at Pepe though. A player who has bailed us out numerous times made a mistake? Fuck it, so what, that's football.

24 games still to go. Anyone throwing in the towel on 4th now can throw themselves off a fucking bridge as far as I'm concerned

But you say we should take our chances yet we did and scored but not for a awful call we would have won or at least got a postive result.

Offline Crackerjack Sam

• Legacy Fan
  • Egyptian Magician
« Reply #443 on: December 5, 2011, 10:28:42 pm »
I've just calmed down and had a look at the table/fixtures.  We should get maximum points from our next 5 games going into City away.  That will get us right back up there.

;D
Optimist of the year! Good man, don't take crap off no one ya hear?
PSN ID - hajme1   
Sticking to RAWK I am.  Real forum, real mods, real fans, fair and unbiased opinions etc..etc.. 8)

Offline Rococo

• mo-sissoko
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #444 on: December 5, 2011, 10:28:48 pm »
I've defended Carroll after every game this season but my patience is waning a bit :( its been almost a year now.

I didn't think he did a massive amount wrong.

Offline thelinnen

• Tepid Water Lite. Serial Moaner
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #445 on: December 5, 2011, 10:29:00 pm »
Maxi is a handy player, but he's not the fucking saviour! KK knows what he's doing and is building for the future. Look how far we've come. Before KK, the real saviour of lfc, we had been playing shit football for 2 years. Now, we're exciting to watch and able to go toe to toe with the best. One result, that was pretty unfair for all the before mentioned reasons, and people are clamering that KK got it wrong, KK this, KK that. Fucking hell, count yourselves lucky with every passing day that we have him there. We were hard done by tonight and we lost. Shit happens. That's football. Now show some faith in The Man.
I don't know much about football management mate but I do know when a player is on fire you don't put him on the bench.
Then in the midddle out pops a smiling glen johnson pulling up his jersey to reveal a t-shirt of suarez with a text saying. "OUR SUAREZ IS A FRIEND TO ALL COLOURS!"

Offline Red_Rich

• Legacy Fan
  • Fan since Liverpool 5 Stoke 3 in 1976
« Reply #446 on: December 5, 2011, 10:29:00 pm »
All of the things that everyone is complaining about tonight are the things that City, ManU, Chelsea, Spurs & Arsenal overcome better than us. They tend to get past those issues by putting an extra goal in the net. We don't.

Spot on.
We aren't taking enough teams to the cleaners.
Having said that, how unlucky have we been this year with hitting the woodwork?  FFS
Ref wasn't to blame for eveything but he was dying to give us nothing tonight.
Overall we played pretty well but I am really concerned now about how we are going to get the best out of Carroll.
The lad needs a massive break and a couple of really important goals to get his confidence sky high again.
United used to win titles on easy street, time for us to take over that real estate

Offline tyrolean_red

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #447 on: December 5, 2011, 10:29:22 pm »
well despite all this hate towards the ref, henderson played a decent game in the middle

Thank you Stevie! It was a pleasure.

Offline IanMac

• Oldest under 16 in the Halliwell Jones
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #448 on: December 5, 2011, 10:29:31 pm »

you fat basstard die already O_O
You prick. Take a long hard look in the mirror if you are wishing that on someone.

Offline shelovesyou

• andyouknow youshouldbe glad OOOOOOH!!!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Yes
« Reply #449 on: December 5, 2011, 10:30:06 pm »
They stuck in there. And got their reward at the end. Ain't taking away nothing from them. Some of the ref decisions were questionable but that is about it. We can feel sorry for ourselves as LFC fans but the truth is we are just not clinical enough in front of goals given the chances we create. This team needs more Rush than Barnes. Ideally a bit more of both plus Souness' bite and Molby's vision would make us world beaters.

Yep, hard to disagree with that. Id say if anything we need a poacher in front of goal.
Everywhere else we are ok i think.

What is a worry now is the midfield. Which is ironic cos plenty on here and elesewhere moaning about too many midfielders at the club.
Be careful what you wish for.
Im assuming Shelvey will come in now, or put Henderson in there and get Kuyt starting the games.
the easiest way for me to grow as a person is to surround myself with people smarter than I am

Offline FlashingBlade

• Organised a piss up in a brewery. Ended up in his pants with a KFC bucket. Future MP. Eats only Fish Heads and Tails. Can't spell 'DOMUM'. Now has no balls.
  • Legacy Fan
  • From a Shankly Boy to a Klopp Man
« Reply #450 on: December 5, 2011, 10:30:20 pm »
Tonight summed up so much of our season, some superb individual performances, good team play , positive attitude, dominating most of the game.......and no victory to show for it....experiance tells you playing like that will eventually pay off...but it is becoming a stuck record and my concern is when we hit a poor patch ( which we will) these results will hurt even more.

There is one clear issue that needs to be addressed, our forwards are not delivering the goods, no matter how wonderful Suarez is, how much faith ( hope!) we put in Carrol , ultimatly their job is to convert the teams good play into goals..sure the midfield will wade in ( but not enough)...but a responsibilty lies with them.

Offline stevenl

• Kopite
« Reply #451 on: December 5, 2011, 10:30:24 pm »
We're only 5 points behind 4th. Keep calm and carry on. Someone is going to get a fucking drilling soon.

At the same time, we only have 4 points more than we did at the same stage last season, and with only 17 goals scored, I think there is a little cause for concern especially upfront.

Kenny's tactics weren't right. Why Maxi was left on the bench behind two players without a goal all season was unbelievable.

Offline hesbighesred

• Wallasey Wrecker. But you can call me quick fingers. After a threesome with Stevie and Alex
  • Legacy Fan
    • Collaborative thoughts on Euro 2012
« Reply #452 on: December 5, 2011, 10:30:25 pm »
[/b]

I`m sorry mate but posts like this make me shudder.

There`s twenty four games left.

Twenty fucking four.
Have you seen the teams we're battling against? Have you noticed that they've all also got at least one reliable goal-scoring striker and a quality defensive midfielder (bar Utd, who have great wingers instead)?

We haven't got either of those things. I will concede that if we buy extremely well in January and are only 4 points behind then, then yes, we have a chance.

But based on all the evidence we have so far, we'll continue to raise our game against the bigger teams while wasting chances against the lesser ones, a problem exacerbated by the soft underbelly that has presented itself with Lucas being out.

Ahh screw it. By all means be optimistic, I don't personally think it's realistic but fair play to you. I'll stop banging on about it! :)
He is the cat who walks by himself, and all roads are alike to him.

Offline Fiasco

• Just add water to foam at the mouth. Can't spell San Francisco. Has promised to eat his own cock. Cannibal Self-Harm in that case.....
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96.
« Reply #453 on: December 5, 2011, 10:30:36 pm »
Although somtimes it does look like the heavens are conspiring against us, we don't fucking help ourselves. The best way to get this out of our system is to fucking twat that horrible bogeyed moaning auld c*nt Warnock and his team on the weeked.

Offline astowell1

• Legacy Fan
  • Klopp!
« Reply #454 on: December 5, 2011, 10:31:00 pm »
Although somtimes it does look like the heavens are conspiring against us, we don't fucking help ourselves. The best way to get this out of our system is to fucking twat that horrible bogeyed moaning auld c*nt Warnock and his team on the weeked.

Now that thought brought a smile to my face :P

Offline Red Eyed

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #455 on: December 5, 2011, 10:31:01 pm »
You prick. Take a long hard look in the mirror if you are wishing that on someone.

fuck sake it was obviously a joke lighten up
"Just try, if we can do it, wonderful and if not, then fail in the most beautiful way"

Offline pcch7

• Fuck off and do some work you lazy fops
  • Legacy Fan
  • There can be only one and he is I.
« Reply #456 on: December 5, 2011, 10:31:10 pm »
Fucking hell. Lock this thread. Move on. Too many fucking whoppers having a go at Kenny and saying the season's over. We were in a far worse position than this when Kenny took over and ran it very close for fourth. One fucking game. One extremely unlucky game. Move on.
I´ve said it many times. It´s not just one game and I´m pretty sick of the "it´s just one game ffs" comments as they seem to be reigning in every other week this season. And the seasons before. I trust Kenny though but he does seem a bit stubborn with not playing Maxi at all in the PL.. Clearly it isn´t that "tempting" to play him.
Don't fuck with Sheryl Crow. Or Russel Crow. Or the guy from the crow. Or crows.

Best staying away from Leslie Crowther, too.... just in case.

Offline John C

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #457 on: December 5, 2011, 10:31:13 pm »
No point in blaming the ref.
Its possible that he made a fair judgement for the sending off but he still had a stinker.
Dempsey shouldn't have been on to score having put his head in Bellamy's face.
Suarez scored a good goal and should have had a pen.
Senderos should have been seneredoff.

That's just a few things Siannn.
« Last Edit: December 5, 2011, 11:21:53 pm by John C »

Offline skene11

• Kemlynite
« Reply #458 on: December 5, 2011, 10:31:18 pm »
My view on the match that will end with a slightly depressed rant:

Another game we dominated, and which, on the balance of play, we more than deserved to win. We made so many clear chances, and weren't THAT troubled, though it's clear that we missed Lucas hugely. Henderson was incredibly unlucky with his shot - the bend and spin on it, well, I'd have put someone else's house on that bouncing off the post and in, it looked in all the way.

The front three looked intersting, the actual shape of the team was good and it's kind of hard to understand why that's the first time we've seen that formation, though I still think it's a little bizarre that the one position we don't seem willing to try Suarez in is on the right of that 3 where he scored about 70 billion goals in a season for Ajax, especially given that Bellamy plays so well on the left of the 3. I mean, why reverse them? Made little sense to me. Still, that's a very minor quibble, overall the tactics were spot on, as shown by the number of chances we made, even down to 10 men.

Spearing was unlucky, a harsh red card. In isolation you could justify it, and him getting the ball really isn't the main issue - it's all about the potential danger of the way he made the challenge. But it's another one where the ref lets physical, cynical challenge after challenge go, leaves cards in his pockets, only gives a yellow to Senderos for a deliberate, horrible and very cynical challenge right through the back of Adam, then has absolutely no hesitation sending Spearing off. Yes, by the rules he was within his rights to send off Jay, but if he's taking a hard line then he could have sent off Senderos, and certainly should have awarded a penalty considering the foul continued into the box (like with Mash a few seasons ago, foul clearly started outside the box but penalty was given because it carried on into the box). Senderos also could have been booked towards the end for wrestling Carroll to the ground.

Once again it's that inconsistency which absolutely infuriates me. I wouldn't mind the Spearing thing if it were part of a genuine clampdown on shitehouse challenges but it isn't. Do the same thing on Suarez at the moment and the ref will give you a fucking blow job. It's disgusting and it's a major, major failing in this league - shithouse refs making decisions based on reputation and media hype. This isn't 'Nam. There are rules. Am I the only one around here who gives a shit about the FUCKING RULES???

-----------------------------------------------------------

OK, here's the more irrational, ranty bit.

Carroll was shite again. I thought he was shite against Chelsea too mind, but everyone seemed to think that was encouraging. He had two decent chances today and took both of them shitly, was shit on the ball, shit off the ball, and looked a mile off the pace. I'm sorry, but I just don't see anything about him that makes me think he'll be the tits one day. I see glimpses that he might make a quality Peter Crouch style squad option, but couldn't we have put in a sly bid for, say, Peter Crouch as a quality Peter Crouch style squad option rather than spending a wad of cash that could have paid for 90% of players in world football, or bought us 2 or 3 promising and highly rated other players who aren't at that 'top class' level yet? We paid Aguero money for him. We paid cash that should go to proven class or a kid so promising he could dominate the world. We could have gone all out with early bids for, say, Phil Jones and Ashley Young who we seemed hugely keen on.

Oh well, never mind. I really hope you come good Andy, I really do, but I'm just not seeing it. Sorry.

The other rant part is this:

Fuck this. We are not going to finish fourth this season, not a chance. We've blown it, and it isn't even January. What chance we did have disappeared with Lucas' injury. We now have a solid back 4, but it's lost it's shield, so essentially we still have a horribly soft underbelly. Up front we are utterly clueless. We miss a shocking number of presentable chances - perhaps not helped by leaving out Maxi all the time - and even beyond that our decision making is grim. It does seem like a mental thing because we are so much sharper against better teams, it's like we get a bit complacent. This isn't helped by it being open season on fouling Suarez, but then he's hardly an innocent party when it comes to wastefulness. In fact he's horribly wasteful for us this season, given his fee, talent and compared to other players in his kind of role for our rivals.

We've put ourselves in this situation, to an extent, through a degree of poor planning in the summer and in January, we've rid ourselves of players who can take chances and replaced them with players who struggle with it.

There's still a lot of promise in the team but we're not going to see it until next season, and we're going to need clever investment. We're going to have to work hard to keep Suarez in the meantime because you can bet there'll be bids and people trying to tap him up in the summer. It's also going to be that much trickier to attract the kind of talent we need given the almost certain lack of CL football next season.

Oh well, onwards and sideways.

Top post, sir.  Nail on head IMO.

Offline Crackerjack Sam

• Legacy Fan
  • Egyptian Magician
« Reply #459 on: December 5, 2011, 10:31:23 pm »
No one is saying the season's over. Its the same thing all the time. A chance to close the gap and we screw it up. Granted it's early in the season still. But why do things the hard way and play catch up. Kenny got it wrong simple as and we were shocking in front of goal.
PSN ID - hajme1   
Sticking to RAWK I am.  Real forum, real mods, real fans, fair and unbiased opinions etc..etc.. 8)

Offline ScottyBoy_21

• The Diet Coke of evil. Only one calorie.
  • Kopite
« Reply #460 on: December 5, 2011, 10:31:29 pm »

Offline xavidub

• Not on message, ennui
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • SOS Member No. 6218
« Reply #461 on: December 5, 2011, 10:31:48 pm »
Distinct lack of goals is worrying, Need another goal threat and as soon as that window opens.

This.

Unless the rules are to be changed and points awarded for nearly scoring then we need another quality striker. Picking players by form rather than price tag would help.

And forget about carroll, he can still improve and we dont play a system that suits him but what the fuck is Downings excuse? Contributes absolutely nothing and keeps a better player on the bench.

You have to try very hard to see what's going on in front of your face

Offline MelwoodBoy

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #462 on: December 5, 2011, 10:31:49 pm »
I'm sorry but what does carroll add to the team, really?

Ive deleted about 15 different replys to this through pure fear of being called a 'whopper' etc

That in itself is shit
At the time of our 7th European Cup final appearance it was 12 years and 3 days

and still counting......

Offline mtred1984

• Doesn't rate Matt Jarvis' ability to source tickets. Wishes he lived in wonderful St Helens.
  • Kopite
« Reply #463 on: December 5, 2011, 10:31:52 pm »
she thinks that on the one hand the ref should have given a goal to liverpool (but dissallowed it) but then says we should have scored. We did f score - he dissallowed it!

she also thinks that the ref shouldnt have sent off spearing but then doesnt seem to see that we conceded when down to 10 men.
like being down to 10 men doesnt affect the game?

If you cant work out the contradiction in both of the things she said then im not going to bother to explain it to you again

I thought he was class in that midfield 3.

Offline IanMac

• Oldest under 16 in the Halliwell Jones
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #464 on: December 5, 2011, 10:31:54 pm »
fuck sake it was obviously a joke lighten up
A joke about wanting someone to die?? Nice one. Got any more??

Offline hesbighesred

• Wallasey Wrecker. But you can call me quick fingers. After a threesome with Stevie and Alex
  • Legacy Fan
    • Collaborative thoughts on Euro 2012
« Reply #465 on: December 5, 2011, 10:32:02 pm »
We're NEVER going to get the benefit of the doubt from any ref with Suarez diving and complaining about everything.
He doesn't dive and complain about everything. He never did. The way you say it makes you sound like sir Fungus, who as Hazell mentioned in the match thread has done a superb job on Luis via the media.

He is the cat who walks by himself, and all roads are alike to him.

Offline Pistolero

• BELIEVE. My bad. This. Lol. Bless. Meh. Wow just wow. Hate on. The Ev. Phil.
  • Legacy Fan
  • A serpent's tooth...
« Reply #466 on: December 5, 2011, 10:32:13 pm »
Fuckme even more pissed off than after the stoke game........mugged there totally fuckin mugged
They have life in them, they have humour, they're arrogant, they're cocky and they're proud. And that's what I want my team to be.

Offline JackWard33

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • President of the Harry Wilson fanclub
« Reply #467 on: December 5, 2011, 10:32:42 pm »
why do people feel 'cheated' and 'disappointed'.... ??
we're not scoring we haven't been scoring all season

i know its stating the obvious but without producing goals its fucking tough to win football games
and you're always one incident away from losing

until we start putting the ball in the net we can have no complaints

Online jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #468 on: December 5, 2011, 10:33:02 pm »
Thank fuck someone said it.

Fourth place is still there to fight for.

Grow a spine for fucks sake.

He was probably one of those that left the stadium when we were 3-0 down against Milan.
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline Bonaqua

• Kopite
« Reply #469 on: December 5, 2011, 10:33:03 pm »
Wish there was a pain switch I could just turn off

Offline AriGold

• David James's stunt double
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hendo is boss.
« Reply #470 on: December 5, 2011, 10:33:08 pm »
I'd be more worries if the defence was the problem rather than the attack. Once we get a decent winning margin behind us they'll start to flow. Starting on Saturday against QPR. People need to grow a fucking spine. First loss in yonks.
DON'T BUY THE S*N!

Twitter... www.twitter.com/wickolfc

Offline GODS LEFT BOOT

• Legacy Fan
  • ...AND THE SWEET SILVER SONG OF THE LARK
« Reply #471 on: December 5, 2011, 10:33:37 pm »
so many bitches on this forum
we battered them all match
stop trying to make a crises out of everything you bunch of pussies
If my assistant had not signalled a goal, I would have given a penalty and sent off goalkeeper Patr Cheh. he beeped me to signal the foul. The noise from the crowd  stopped me hearing it, I have been involved at places like Barcelona, Ibrox, Old Trafford, Arsenal, but I've never in my life been involved in such an atmosphere. IT WAS INCREDIBLE

Offline Red_Rich

• Legacy Fan
  • Fan since Liverpool 5 Stoke 3 in 1976
« Reply #472 on: December 5, 2011, 10:33:41 pm »
It's still three points dropped in the race for fourth.

And last week, Arsenal dropped 2 points AT HOME against the same team.

Apart from City, United and Spurs ... I can see every team dropping points at any given time in this league.

Plenty of time left yet.
United used to win titles on easy street, time for us to take over that real estate

Offline audioedge

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
  • What would Buddha do?
« Reply #473 on: December 5, 2011, 10:33:42 pm »
sick of keepers making miraculous saves and having their game of the season against us....

Online jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #474 on: December 5, 2011, 10:33:45 pm »

i know its stating the obvious but without producing goals its fucking tough to win football games

We did score a perfectly good goal though tonight.
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline Leecher9

• RAWK Supporter
  • Anny Roader
« Reply #475 on: December 5, 2011, 10:34:00 pm »

We did put the ball in the net.

Offline Zinc

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
  • All Good, Clean Fun...(whatever that means)...
« Reply #476 on: December 5, 2011, 10:34:04 pm »
Dempsey shouldn't have been on to score having put his head in Bellamy's face.

Agreed. Maybe it qualified for one of Gary Neville's "orange cards"....?
twitter: @ampersandad

Offline Red Eyed

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #477 on: December 5, 2011, 10:34:31 pm »
A joke about wanting someone to die?? Nice one. Got any more??

Haha wasnt even me people are too sensitive on here
"Just try, if we can do it, wonderful and if not, then fail in the most beautiful way"

Offline greyfade

• "I've seen things you people wouldn't believe....."
  • Legacy Fan
  • ★★★★★
« Reply #478 on: December 5, 2011, 10:34:31 pm »
It's Done. Let's go out there (leaving caroll on the bench) and fucking pull QPR's brains out, let's give them the smashing of a lifetime. COME ON KENNY's REDS!

Offline lfcmaster

• of pith
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #479 on: December 5, 2011, 10:34:36 pm »

the longer the game went on the more you could see fulham winning