Author Topic: Fulham 1-0 Liverpool: Full time  (Read 109678 times)

Offline stiffnuts

• rustytool
  • No new LFC topics
  • Anny Roader
Re: Fulham 1-0 Liverpool: Full time
« Reply #360 on: December 5, 2011, 10:18:21 pm »
http://yfrog.com/h6jo3wij

offside ? fuck off

That is deceptive look at Sendoros left foot then look at the pitch lines either side. I think it was level personally which means onside but it was very close

Offline **** The Pain Away.

• the cat who went all Yusuf Islam
  • Kopite
  • "We are the real people's club."
« Reply #361 on: December 5, 2011, 10:18:24 pm »
It's only 13 times.
Meh...

Offline Red Viper

• Foolproof
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RAWK Fantasy NFL Champion 2019 & 2020
« Reply #362 on: December 5, 2011, 10:18:26 pm »
Just can't believe we've hit the woodwork nearly as much as we've scored.

Offline Golyo

• Matchday smoker fond of a good old bashing.....
  • Legacy Fan
  • All hail the Jürgen!
« Reply #363 on: December 5, 2011, 10:18:39 pm »
According to the BBC: "Jay Spearing was the man to be sent off for Liverpool after 71 minutes for a late challenge on Moussa Dembele..."
Studs up, rash, two footed maybe, but if he hit the ball first, I don't know how can it be late.
Listen, we're going to be all right, they've got someone even smaller than me. - Ferenc Puskás before the game against England in 1953

Offline Smudgester

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #364 on: December 5, 2011, 10:18:41 pm »
why not? did you not notice we played the last 20 mins with 1 player less or doesnt that matter?

... when we should have been playing the last 40 minutes with at least 1 player more.

Offline stevensr123

• bedwetter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #365 on: December 5, 2011, 10:18:43 pm »
"we should have scored" we fuckin' did!!! The joke of a ref ruled an amazing and legitimate goal off side!

Should have had a blatant pen and he screwed us over well and truly over the red card.
PUSSY cat, PUSSY cat, I love you,  yes I do.......

Offline Dick Emery

• Legacy Fan
  • You are awful but I like you
« Reply #366 on: December 5, 2011, 10:18:48 pm »
Conceded too many attempts on our goal. It's a problem when we need 20 attempts at goal before we score. We seen able to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory

Offline vanderpaart

• Anny Roader
« Reply #367 on: December 5, 2011, 10:18:50 pm »
That's 12 woodwork strikes now I think, not 15. Still outrageously high.

Offline shelovesyou

• andyouknow youshouldbe glad OOOOOOH!!!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Yes
« Reply #368 on: December 5, 2011, 10:18:50 pm »
We controlled the game for large parts but just were devoid of ideas in the latter 3rd of the pitch.
Spearing sending off harsh but that happens nowadays, we cant legislate for that.

Fulham, to their credit, battled hard and did well.

Onwards.
the easiest way for me to grow as a person is to surround myself with people smarter than I am

Offline NealFrom25Yards

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #369 on: December 5, 2011, 10:18:50 pm »
That's the thing isn't it. He's getting no support. He creates everything and has to score everything as well. Other attackers need to step up.

Maxi has done but apparently isn't worthy of starting in a city where's scored about 10 goals in the last 7 months.

The Maxi thing is just bewildering. I don't understand it at all. Best not to even get into it.

For me, he should be starting every week.

Offline danno08

• Anny Roader
  • If you ain't first, you're last.
« Reply #370 on: December 5, 2011, 10:18:51 pm »
Can't complain about the performance tonight. Game was a bit end to end...think we missed Lucas. It would be too easy to blame the referee but ultimately they have a large impact on the way the game pans out.

All you want is consistency from referees. Next time someone gets 100% of the ball but catches the man it should be a red card. Next time someone shoves their head into an opposition players face, it should be a yellow card. Next time someone is 18 yards out, ready to pull the trigger with just the keeper in their way, it should be a yellow card.

Don't think it's too much to ask...

Offline MelwoodBoy

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #371 on: December 5, 2011, 10:18:57 pm »
what a bizzare thing to say.

er, shes absolutely spot on mate. How you find that bizzare is, well, bizzare
At the time of our 7th European Cup final appearance it was 12 years and 3 days

and still counting......

Offline rawKBottom

• Legacy Fan
  • My karma just ran over your dogma
« Reply #372 on: December 5, 2011, 10:19:02 pm »
I thought the lads played really well, the ref may not have got it so badly wrong on the sending off but he made plenty of other errors.

So disappointed in losing but not in the performance, we had a fucking good go there.

Don't want us saying this for like ever.
Vedanta uncompromisingly insists that man is essentially perfect, and therefore infinite are the possibilities that lie lurking in him

Offline Greyfox

• Silver Fox's less distinguished brother
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Liverbird on my chest
« Reply #373 on: December 5, 2011, 10:19:20 pm »
Can't blame the ref....??

So the disallowed goal, the cast iron pen not given, the Dempsey head butt that should have beena red (he scored their winner BTW) and the Spearo sending off, the suarez dragback that was a freekick but not a yellow, cos it was Senderos who was already on a yellow...None of that was ANYTHING to do with the ref....??

FFS...

Friend was absolutely fucking shocking...

Offline greyfade

• "I've seen things you people wouldn't believe....."
  • Legacy Fan
  • ★★★★★
« Reply #374 on: December 5, 2011, 10:19:20 pm »
now every single *brainless* twat will ride on kenny's ass about his team selection

not his fault

Offline Bernard Shakey

• Anny Roader
  • Only Happy When The Club's in Crisis
« Reply #375 on: December 5, 2011, 10:19:31 pm »
A frustrating night...seems there's a pattern now emerging of us totally dominating teams but not being able to score.

I dont normally like blaming refs when we lose but he made a couple of weird ones for them and a LOT of weird ones for us.
"It's a huge honour to wear the number seven at Liverpool. I think about the legends: Dalglish, Keegan... and that Australian guy"

Offline Believe

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #376 on: December 5, 2011, 10:19:41 pm »
No way in a million years we should have lost that game, incredibly frustrating.

Don't know how anyone thinks we played poorly - good away performance at a difficult place to go to, just again unlucky and on the end of some woeful refereeing decisions. How many times have we now hit the woodwork? It's getting ridiculous.

Play well, hit the post twice, wrong offside call, joke red card, sucker punch soft goal conceded. Again.

Imperative we have a good Xmas period now, starting with QPR on Saturday. Fourth might be a little beyond us but nothing has really changed since we beat Chelsea on Tuesday - still lots of promise and points to be won.

Offline Victor

• Legacy Fan
  • Daa Dah Daaaaaaaaaa
« Reply #377 on: December 5, 2011, 10:19:44 pm »
having watched that I just feel cheated .. can't fault the players attitude but could possibly fault their finishing .. . unlucky for Henderson though ..  we battered them but failed to turn it into points ...

how was that not a penalty when Bellamy was fouled ...  ?  I thought he got through the first challenge then got brought down by Senderos legs following through ?
« Last Edit: December 5, 2011, 10:21:35 pm by Victor »
"There are two great teams in Liverpool.... Liverpool and Liverpool Reserves"

Offline astowell1

• Legacy Fan
  • Klopp!
« Reply #378 on: December 5, 2011, 10:19:53 pm »
Top of the league in this apparently.

At least that's something.  :-X

CHAMPIOOOOOOOOOOOON!!

Offline danbylfc

• Kopite
« Reply #379 on: December 5, 2011, 10:20:00 pm »
Frustrated. One of those nights.
Twitter: @Stedanby

Offline thelinnen

• Tepid Water Lite. Serial Moaner
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #380 on: December 5, 2011, 10:20:00 pm »
Stupid putting up things like that. It wasn't to be tonight after bad decision by ref and us not putting ball in the net. Sometimes i think so of our 'fans' want us to fail. Loads of time to put things right.
Well we will be playing in it next season.
Then in the midddle out pops a smiling glen johnson pulling up his jersey to reveal a t-shirt of suarez with a text saying. "OUR SUAREZ IS A FRIEND TO ALL COLOURS!"

Offline the_red_pill

• Hasn't got a fucking clue when the Reds are playing next.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Frankly my dear...
« Reply #381 on: December 5, 2011, 10:20:06 pm »
A dull, boring game. It's been a while since I've seen such a boring game from Kenny's Liverpool. Typical of 4-4-2 with makeshift wingers. Blunt, unimaginative and no real threat.
Andy Carrol cannot be dropped sooner. I've had it with the lad.

As I've said before and will continue to say- WE ARE FUCKING WOEFUL AT PUTTING CROSSES AND CORNERS AWAY!
Fulham did exactly what any team sitting deep would do- force us out wide, so we're reduced to crossing into the box. We have a big man up front who's supposed to be good in the air- even if he's not good for anything else- he should at least be able to get on the end of a few crosses from the hundreds of crosses he's seen this season, but no- he's not around most of the time or he watches the ball, is easily brushed aside, out-jumped etc... and when he finally gets on the end of it(those precious few times that he has), it's either a rather tame effort or it's a loop. There is just no desire from Andy. He looks as if he's not arsed, moans, goes to ground way to easily for his size, does not move, makes no effort to attack any balls etc.. I just cannot see how we can keep dropping Maxi in order to accomodate him.

I love Kenny, but he got it wrong tonight- I have to admit, else I'm not honest with myself. If you want to win a game, why change from formation to something that is arhaic and why take of your goalscorer and replace him with someone who cannot score goals and is easily matched by the likes of Hangeland? Why not go all the way and rest Suarez as well? I mean that way- we can lose emphatically.
« Last Edit: December 5, 2011, 10:28:51 pm by the_red_pill »
"Some listen to understand. Others listen to respond."
"A fool does not delight in understanding, but only in revealing his own mind."
In such a sumptuous festival of shite, I wouldn't be so quick to pick a winner..

But he'd make the shortlist

Offline jaffod

• Living a double life as Billy Bunter after midnight. Has until July 3rd to figure out what from his womans clothing range to wear.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Common beermat and towel thief.
« Reply #382 on: December 5, 2011, 10:20:15 pm »
Red card was crucial. Probably a borderline decision, Spearing left his feet so was out of control and probably used excessive force. Pretty stupid when he could have played the ball without leaving his feet. Doesn't excuse Friend's other poor decisions or some of our own finishing.

Fucking jog on.

Offline MelwoodBoy

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #383 on: December 5, 2011, 10:20:30 pm »
Watching Haangeland put his hand across Suarez in th ebox is infuriating. Thats a foul and yet another pen.

My God that ref has fucked us. Two real robbings weve had off refs at this place in recent years. And guess who the 4h official was...
At the time of our 7th European Cup final appearance it was 12 years and 3 days

and still counting......

Offline Licky

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
« Reply #384 on: December 5, 2011, 10:20:45 pm »
Yakubu has scored nearly as many goals as us.

*shudder* we'll be bidding £50m for him come jan
They have translated from Halmstads to Malmo, to Orebo to Neuchatel Xamax, to the Swiss national team, so I find the question insulting.

Offline Cooper-Man

• Anny Roader
« Reply #385 on: December 5, 2011, 10:20:51 pm »
1 step forward 2 steps back. FMD

We were not missing Lucas, until the red our midfield were doing a fine job. We needed Maxi. 10 goals in 9 games and h cant even get a look in off the bench. Sorry lads but Kenny fucked up there. Maxi over Carroll on current form.

Offline shelovesyou

• andyouknow youshouldbe glad OOOOOOH!!!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Yes
« Reply #386 on: December 5, 2011, 10:20:55 pm »
There is so much to be encouraged by.
A few issues that need addressing but that'll come overtime.

the easiest way for me to grow as a person is to surround myself with people smarter than I am

Offline Leecher9

• RAWK Supporter
  • Anny Roader
« Reply #387 on: December 5, 2011, 10:21:03 pm »
"we should have scored" we fuckin' did!!! The joke of a ref ruled an amazing and legitimate goal off side!

Should have had a blatant pen and he screwed us over well and truly over the red card.

Couldn't agree more getting sick and tired of our shit refs week in week out. And they got a respect campaign laughable

Offline Red_Potato

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
  • Potato beats scissors
« Reply #388 on: December 5, 2011, 10:21:36 pm »
Wrong team out there tonight...it's beyond me why Maxi is not out there!

Maxi is a handy player, but he's not the fucking saviour! KK knows what he's doing and is building for the future. Look how far we've come. Before KK, the real saviour of lfc, we had been playing shit football for 2 years. Now, we're exciting to watch and able to go toe to toe with the best. One result, that was pretty unfair for all the before mentioned reasons, and people are clamering that KK got it wrong, KK this, KK that. Fucking hell, count yourselves lucky with every passing day that we have him there. We were hard done by tonight and we lost. Shit happens. That's football. Now show some faith in The Man.
SOS member 7832

Offline redpirate

• Say hello to my little brain.....Be quick though, it's shrinking quicker than a polar ice cap.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #389 on: December 5, 2011, 10:21:37 pm »
8 league goals in 27 games for Suarez. It's becoming an issue. Outrageously talented footballer. Outrageously frustrating in front of goal.

Doesn't help him that there seems to be nobody else capable of pitching in with consistent goals.

He played out wide...Carroll played in the middle. Carroll did nothing all game. And for "game" you can write "season".

Offline Paragon

• of Virtue. David N'Gog's biggest fan, why did we sell?
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #390 on: December 5, 2011, 10:21:39 pm »
A real shame about that result.

We were the better team until Spearing was sent off. Not a sending off for me, yellow at worst. Suarez looked just about onside for his disallowed goal and Clint Dempsey should have been sent off for violent conduct. A comedy of errors from the referee.
Would be even more fun if you could stand up to a hook to the jaw for being a snidey bastard. But then that's reality! No one needs to 'swim or drown' in a coward's paradise.

Offline southendkopite

• Main Stander
« Reply #391 on: December 5, 2011, 10:21:45 pm »
January window is massive now. We really need to buy a top class winger and striker. If we can spunk 35m and 16m and 20m on some average English tripe we can afford to spend 60m on 2 top top players, 30m each, 120k a week. Any slim chance we have of grabbing 4th depends on that.

Offline astowell1

• Legacy Fan
  • Klopp!
« Reply #392 on: December 5, 2011, 10:21:49 pm »

It was £35m, you're doing it wrong :P

Offline mtred1984

• Doesn't rate Matt Jarvis' ability to source tickets. Wishes he lived in wonderful St Helens.
  • Kopite
« Reply #393 on: December 5, 2011, 10:21:49 pm »
Sick as a dog. I though we played great tonight. Really brave selection and were clearly looking to take all three points.

But they are driving me up the fucking wall at the moment. We have GOT to find someone who can stick the ball in the fucking goal. Losing Spearing shouldn't have mattered tonight. We should have been out of site.

Now the ref. If thats a red card, then we might as well stop watching football. Whats the fucking point if the players are walking a tight rope every time they make a challenge?

Agree with what youre saying there. Suarez needs someone up there with him whos going to be prolific. Where striving to have a dalglish/rush partnership but weve only got one part of it at the moment. Im not saying carroll is shite but hes clearly not the type of player who is going to find a bit of room in the box with the ball at his feet and find the corner of the net. That chance in the first half when suarez pulled it back is bread an butter for the likes of fowler, rush, shearer etc

Offline IanMac

• Oldest under 16 in the Halliwell Jones
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #394 on: December 5, 2011, 10:21:52 pm »
Isn't it past your bedtime?

Offline John C

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #395 on: December 5, 2011, 10:22:25 pm »
Fulham were as solid in defence as Birmingham were at their ground last season, we struggled to penetrate them sufficiently.

Offline Art Vandelay

• a.k.a. Terry Gilliam
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #396 on: December 5, 2011, 10:22:36 pm »
I'm sure that ref was wearing eyeliner.
"And on the pedestal these words appear: 'My name is Ozymandias, King of Kings: Look on my works, ye Mighty, and despair!' Nothing beside remains."

Offline rizthebiz

• Main Stander
« Reply #397 on: December 5, 2011, 10:22:36 pm »
that was purely down to imbalance...suarez and bellamy way out on the fringes....we did better when suarez was in the middle...perfect game to play maxi/kuyt or anyone more mobile who could disrupt fulhams organisation but I guess Andy was put in there to defend from set pieces and add height to the starting 11.

completely gutted...to think arsenal were once in "crisis" and are now above us in the league and qualified for champions league knock out stages...

next 6 games, with our squad we should expect 18pts.

yeah the ref made some silly decisions, but they always make them. We simply couldn't create enough clear chances and couldn't get bellamy and suarez into enough dangerous positions to do it.

johnson was poor, enrique yet again consistently good, henderson did well today, better than adam, who didnt seem to find his range...Carroll continues to allow others to win the ball ahead of him in the air on most occasions and i feel for bellamy and suarez...their frustration seemed to begin from kick off.

I guess the next game is dedicated to lucas. Without a defensive mid it looks like all out attack now!

Offline stonty

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #398 on: December 5, 2011, 10:23:03 pm »
Why change the team?

Why change the formula that got us two wins against Chelsea and a draw against the league leaders?

Today was nothing to do with Lucas. We should once again have been home and dry before any of the last 20 minutes happened.

The fact is, Andy Carroll is the problem. I'm not using him as a scapegoat, it's just a fact. He's not even playing bad though! He's does some nice touches, and with a bit of confidence I am sure he will score a lot of goals. This isn't the point though. It's not who the player is, it's the type of player he is. It's just not working at the moment.

Suarez is world class, but even he needs a little space. He only finds that space when he has a duo of players running around, and beyond him to create distractions for the opposition defenders. Andy Carroll does not have that movement, and he never will. THE SYSTEM DOES NOT WORK WITH THE BIG MAN. Suarez needs Maxi and Bellamy, or Kuyt and Bellamy, or even Kuyt and Maxi.

Kenny got it wrong today unfortunately.

Yes we missed Lucas, and yes Spearo got sent off. But we would've had, 1? 2? Maybe even 3 in the first half if we kept the formula from the last two league games. I just don't understand why Kenny changed it. I want nothing more than Carroll to be a star for us, and maybe one day he will be. But we can't drop points with the hope that Carroll gets a string of games and suddenly because a Goal galore number 9. We can't sacrifice points for that.

Good post that

Offline Billy The Kid

• Out of the closet with a whiet shirt on, but would pay a fiver not to be gay...Would prefer to give his manliness to someone rather than receive theirs especially Amir in another life.
  • Legacy Fan
  • I'm Your Huckleberry
« Reply #399 on: December 5, 2011, 10:23:08 pm »
Im sorry but if spearing doesnt get sent off we dont lose that game imo. Also clear onside goal.

I'm sorry, but if Pepe doesn't spill the ball then we don't lose the game. But he did, and they scored. End of.

Couple in the fact that we again missed chances that we should have scored, and there's really only one direction to point the finger of blame

i.e: at ourselves. Being down to 10 men hindered our chances to win, but it wasn't the sole cause of this defeat.

I'm fucked if I'm going to have a go at Pepe though. A player who has bailed us out numerous times made a mistake? Fuck it, so what, that's football.

24 games still to go. Anyone throwing in the towel on 4th now can throw themselves off a fucking bridge as far as I'm concerned
When overtaken by defeat, as you may be many times, remember than mans faith in his own ability is tested many times before he is crowned with final victory. Defeats are nothing more than challenges to keep trying.” – Napoleon Hill.