Author Topic: The Nathaniel Clyne Experience  (Read 215362 times)

Offline Chrismonster

• Anny Roader
  • Thou shall not wear socks with FlipFlops.
Re: The Nathaniel Clyne Experience
« Reply #1400 on: January 6, 2019, 02:08:24 pm »
As if a player like Clyne is going to choose Cardiff over Bournemouth!! I'm sure if Colin Wanker was being honest with himself, he'd understand that too.

PS HAHAHA.. That name change!!!!

« Last Edit: January 6, 2019, 02:10:49 pm by Chrismonster »

Offline number 168

• Bootle - Aigburth Vale. Mon-Sat evenings, Sundays & Bank Holidays only. Arl fart clearly past his sell-his-season-ticket-by-date.
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #1401 on: January 6, 2019, 02:09:15 pm »
Warnock hates Rafa and Liverpool by association. He thinks that Rafa fielding a weakened team (in Warnock's eyes) was the reason Sheffield United got relegated, forgetting he was in charge for the whole season. The bell end even claimed Rafa was trying to sue him for saying so. His team got beaten by Gillingham so he needs something to deflect from his ineptitude.

Offline RedForeverTT

• Legacy Fan
  • Did I hear you say you "No"?
« Reply #1402 on: January 6, 2019, 05:06:47 pm »
Warnock hates Rafa and Liverpool by association. He thinks that Rafa fielding a weakened team (in Warnock's eyes) was the reason Sheffield United got relegated, forgetting he was in charge for the whole season. The bell end even claimed Rafa was trying to sue him for saying so. His team got beaten by Gillingham so he needs something to deflect from his ineptitude.

The thing is if we never called a club to tell them their offer has been refused is wrong on our part. I thought we are more classy than that.

I get pissed off with job agents not returning calls after speaking with me so this is no different. Although being Colin Wanker, I will say to Liverpool FC, well done.

Offline Djimi Smicer34

• Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #1403 on: January 6, 2019, 05:13:18 pm »
The thing is if we never called a club to tell them their offer has been refused is wrong on our part. I thought we are more classy than that.

I get pissed off with job agents not returning calls after speaking with me so this is no different. Although being Colin Wanker, I will say to Liverpool FC, well done.

Nonsense.

Why is it down to us to tell Cardiff and Warnock that Clyne didn't want to go there?  Warnock claims he's got a relationship with the player and it's up to the player and his representatives to look at the offers they get and decide what to do about them.  Warnock's issue is with Clyne, he's just got some weird little chip on his shoulder when it comes to Liverpool so he wants to blame us for it, like he blames us for getting him and Sheffield United relegated.

Offline classycarra

• The Left Disonourable Chuntering Member For Scousepool.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1404 on: January 6, 2019, 05:18:38 pm »

Wouldn't take the miserable little man's word on anything to be fair though. And who's to say the club decided against calling him on a Friday night when they had a game on at midday Saturday, and that they'd communicate after.

Online Gerry Attrick

• Sancho's dad. Tight-arse, non-jackpot-sharing get :)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1405 on: January 6, 2019, 05:19:59 pm »
Colin Wanker acting like a wanker. If you saw that coming you're a genius.

Offline Djimi Smicer34

• Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #1406 on: January 6, 2019, 05:21:16 pm »
His little outburst has gotten more coverage than Cardiff getting knocked out of the FA Cup by a League One club.

It's obvious what Warnock's game is here and it's worked out for him. 

Offline didi shamone

• Too old for fighting
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1407 on: January 6, 2019, 05:21:18 pm »
We don' know what the deal is with Camacho and Hangover is supposed to an elite level younger. If Klopp wanted to go with youth then that wouldn't be a bad plan because it would mean there would be a clear path to the first team and you could use the funds saved in other areas.

Not sure about Camacho but I hope the other lad doesn't linger.

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #1408 on: January 6, 2019, 05:21:30 pm »

It sounds like we actually let them know that he could move there, so even better  :wave
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline Chakan

• Chaka Chaka.....is in love with Aristotle but only for votes. The proud owner of some very private piles and an inflatable harem! Winner of RAWK's Carabao Cup captian contest.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Internet Terrorist lvl VI
« Reply #1409 on: January 6, 2019, 06:09:23 pm »
I’m sure it’s Rafa’s fault somehow

Offline Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Michael Sheen is the actual Prince of 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
« Reply #1410 on: January 6, 2019, 06:22:29 pm »

No one knows how Liverpool dealt with this. Every chance the deal wasn't anywhere near as far along as Warnock thought it was, and no decision had been made.

Offline jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #1411 on: January 6, 2019, 06:25:26 pm »

His team have just crashed out of the FA Cup, its nothing but an effort to take attention away from that.
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1412 on: January 6, 2019, 06:26:38 pm »

No one knows how Liverpool dealt with this. Every chance the deal wasn't anywhere near as far along as Warnock thought it was, and no decision had been made.

Or, what I'm hoping is, we deliberately strung Warnock along, just to piss him off.
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

Offline redmark

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1413 on: January 6, 2019, 06:40:39 pm »

What we don't know, though, is the facts behind him being "promised" the player. That's not really how transfers work. Either we had an agreement with Cardiff, or we didn't. If what actually happened was that he expressed an interest and we said he could talk to the player, but Clyne signed for Bournemouth before he got round to it - well, tough.
Stop whining : https://spiritofshankly.com/ : https://thefsa.org.uk/join/ : https://reclaimourgame.com/
The focus now should not be on who the owners are, but limits on what owners can do without formal supporter agreement. At all clubs.

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• Rockwool Marketing Board Spokesman. Cracker Wanker. Fucking calmest man on RAWK, alright? ALRIGHT?! Definitely a bigger cunt than YOU!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1414 on: January 6, 2019, 06:49:29 pm »

Maybe we agreed before he decided to slag Mo off again.

Lack of class my arse.
My cup, it runneth over, I'll never get my fill

Offline Ratboy3G

• Sworn enemy of Mousegirl5G
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1415 on: June 30, 2019, 01:06:52 pm »
Rumours today Palace want Clyne to replace Bissaka, I'd like to keep him obviously as he can cover either side but if he wants first team football then I hope we get a good price from Palace knowing how much they have just got from United.
I am a man of few words.....any questions?

Offline Believe

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1416 on: June 30, 2019, 02:21:45 pm »
Would be a nice move to end his career where it started. Hope it happens for him.

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1417 on: June 30, 2019, 02:24:54 pm »
Noooooooooo
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline deFacto please, you bastards

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1418 on: June 30, 2019, 02:34:17 pm »
How did we win the 6th without him?

Offline Ratboy3G

• Sworn enemy of Mousegirl5G
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1419 on: June 30, 2019, 02:35:37 pm »
How did we win the 6th without him?

Obviously we'd have won the league as well if we'd not loaned him to Bournemouth 😉
I am a man of few words.....any questions?

Offline RedSandgrounder

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1420 on: June 30, 2019, 07:16:00 pm »
If Palace offer decent money for Clyne then it makes sense to let him go, but I have a feeling he may stay in the same way Sturridge did this last season.

Firstly he'll be on a good wage here, which I doubt anyone else will be able to meet. We could really do with cover at left back and right back, which Clyne provides, and he's out of contract next summer. I think it makes sense for him to stay with us, knowing he will get a fair amount of playing time in the cups, a real chance of picking up a few medals with us before he leaves. He's only 28 still, so it's not like the clock is ticking that fast for him.

Then he gets his choice of club next summer to go and get the playing time he wants along with a big wedge of a signing on fee.
PSN: DHitchers

Offline Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Michael Sheen is the actual Prince of 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
« Reply #1421 on: June 30, 2019, 07:18:04 pm »
I'd be very surprised if Clyne stays. Reckon the club will actively be trying to shift him too. 

Offline redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thanks for everything Rafa. Nunca Caminarás Solo.
« Reply #1422 on: June 30, 2019, 08:29:18 pm »
Considering he actively wanted to go out on loan for more games in January when he could have stayed and (as it turned out) get a CL medal, I'd be surprised if he chose to stay now if he got the chance of first team action elsewhere.
Rafa Benitez: "I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager. Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone."

Offline Tobelius

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1423 on: June 30, 2019, 08:38:40 pm »
Yeah,it's clear he wants to go and we're happy to let him if we get a good offer.

Offline LovelyCushionedHeader

• Not so pleasant non-upholstered footer
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1424 on: June 30, 2019, 09:25:06 pm »
Would be a really good fit for the way Palace play. They'll not miss Wan Bissaka. Defensive set up, not expected to do anything going forward.
And if the rain stops, and everything's dry.. she would cry, just so I could drink tears from her eyes.

Offline zero zero

• Karma's a bitch. Innit.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1425 on: June 30, 2019, 11:00:26 pm »

Apparently we did notify Colin by email.

To: Colin Wanker

Re: Nathaniel Clyne

Dear Colin,

The deal's off. As in Sod.

Kind Regards,

Michael

Offline Mighty_Red

• Rojo Poderoso!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • All hail the King...
    • Join the fight - SOS
« Reply #1426 on: July 1, 2019, 09:34:20 pm »
The deal's off. As in Sod.
:lmao :lmao

I have very little time for Clyne or for anyone who doesn't want to be part of this adventure, so might as well let him go and invest in someone who wants to be here.

I know Sturridge came back, but he knuckled down and worked hard to get back into the squad and his quality meant we would always give him another chance.
Some clubs were always destined for greatness...

Offline Redcap

• Legacy Fan
  • You wrote a bad song Petey!
« Reply #1427 on: July 2, 2019, 02:23:30 am »
Clyne is just not a good fit in the squad anymore. We have not one but three players who can do a defensive shift at RB (Fab, Gomez, Milly), and Clyne doesn't add a great deal beyond what those can do in a pinch. Similar to the situation at LB, he would have been better served if he was a right winger who could put in a defensive shift than a right back who can't attack.

Offline clinical

• incision required - a bad case of an urgent rawkectomy? "And of course I've got this terrible pain in all the diodes down my left side."
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1428 on: July 3, 2019, 11:43:37 am »
I'm surprised there's not much reported interest in him. £12m for experienced right back. Surely Palace would be mad not to get him and use wan-bissaka money elsewhere?
Thank Fowler we're not getting Caulker

Offline Giono

• Legacy Fan
  • And stop calling me Shirley
« Reply #1429 on: July 3, 2019, 01:12:51 pm »
I'm surprised there's not much reported interest in him. £12m for experienced right back. Surely Palace would be mad not to get him and use wan-bissaka money elsewhere?

He was out injured for considerable time.

Did he get much playing time at Bournemouth?
"I am a great believer in luck and the harder I work the more of it I have." Stephen Leacock

Offline mc_red22

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1430 on: July 3, 2019, 02:21:57 pm »
He was out injured for considerable time.

Did he get much playing time at Bournemouth?

Yeah he played loads.

Offline Schmidt

• 's small stretchy scrotum
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1431 on: July 3, 2019, 02:25:10 pm »
Clyne is just not a good fit in the squad anymore. We have not one but three players who can do a defensive shift at RB (Fab, Gomez, Milly), and Clyne doesn't add a great deal beyond what those can do in a pinch. Similar to the situation at LB, he would have been better served if he was a right winger who could put in a defensive shift than a right back who can't attack.

Milner and Gomez have looked consistently poor at right back, despite both having good stints at left back. Milner just doesn't have the ability to change direction needed to deal with fast attackers and Gomez seems to get lost a weird amount for a naturally defensive player.

We could really do with another Arbeloa in the squad.

Offline Gods_Left_Boot

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1432 on: July 3, 2019, 02:37:16 pm »
He's been consistently healthy for several months now. He might not be the best fit for the way our fullbacks play, but he can be a dependable, versatile backup who can play both flanks. If Jurgen and the club convince him to stay, I'd definitely keep him.
September 12, 2012:Truth today, justice tomorrow.

Oliver Kay ‏@OliverKayTimes
Those who've campaigned for the truth on Hillsborough were once a suppressed minority. Now the minority are those left clinging to the lies.

My idea was to build Liverpool into a bastion of invincibility. Napoleon had that idea. He wanted to conquer the bloody world.

Offline Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
  • Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to
« Reply #1433 on: July 3, 2019, 04:29:13 pm »
If he stays he's good back up for both full back positions. If he goes then we haven't got any cover for either full back without moving players out of position. Not to mention games like Leicester at home where we were messing round with Henderson at right back when Clyne would have done a solid job and allowed us to use Henderson in his natural role.

If he stays fit he'd get plenty of game time. If he goes then he's signing his one last main contract at some mid table club and isn't really going to achieve anything. He must look on with a bit of envy at the CL win as he could have had a medal, been in that photo, been on the bus etc, even if he didn't get on in the final. If he stays another year here before he moves on it's his last chance of success and silverware, realistically.
« Last Edit: July 3, 2019, 04:34:57 pm by Fromola »
Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season

Offline El Lobo

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1434 on: July 3, 2019, 04:35:41 pm »
If he stays he's good back up for both full back positions. If he goes then we haven't got any cover for either full back without moving players out of position.

If he stays fit he'd get plenty of game time. If he goes then he's signing his one last main contract at some mid table club and isn't really going to achieve anything. He must look on with a bit of envy at the CL win as he could have had a medal, been in that photo, been on the bus etc, even if he didn't get on in the final. If he stays another year here before he moves on it's his last chance of success and silverware, realistically.

Not sure what that’s based on. He’s our second ‘out and out’ right back and yet I’d guess he’s about 4th/5th choice there. If he chose to stay I can’t see him getting much game time at all.

Offline Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1435 on: July 3, 2019, 04:47:24 pm »
Not sure what that’s based on. He’s our second ‘out and out’ right back and yet I’d guess he’s about 4th/5th choice there. If he chose to stay I can’t see him getting much game time at all.

We're playing in 7 competitions next season. If Clyne is fully fit I don't see why he wouldn't be second choice right back and at least 3rd choice left back. Okay he might be competiting with Gomez but Gomez is a centre back and also got a bad injury record and we don't really want to be using midfielders there if we can avoid it.

Okay he could go to Bournemouth or Palace and got 30 games or he could stay here and get 15-20 and have a good chance at winning a few trophies.

Offline CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #1436 on: July 3, 2019, 04:47:44 pm »

He came straight into the side vs United at home after being injured (when TAA was injured), starting ahead of Henderson who was on the bench & Milner. Played the full 90 too.

I think if he was able to stay fit he's a better option there than both Henderson or Milner, but not entirely sure about Gomez, but the main issue is he 100% wants to be a starter somewhere and not a back up, which he will be here.

Offline Fromola

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1437 on: July 3, 2019, 04:51:10 pm »
He came straight into the side vs United at home after being injured (when TAA was injured), starting ahead of Henderson who was on the bench & Milner. Played the full 90 too.

I think if he was able to stay fit he's a better option there than both Henderson or Milner, but not entirely sure about Gomez, but the main issue is he 100% wants to be a starter somewhere and not a back up, which he will be here.

Which is fair enough, but he could leave on a bosman next year at 29 with a potential league title or CL medal (or at least 1 or 2 of the other 5 trophies we're playing for) and get a good last payday somewhere else. Or he could leave now and spend the rest of his career in mid table.

Offline CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #1438 on: July 3, 2019, 04:53:18 pm »
Which is fair enough, but he could leave on a bosman next year at 29 with a potential league title or CL medal (or at least 1 or 2 of the other 5 trophies we're playing for) and get a good last payday somewhere else. Or he could leave now and spend the rest of his career in mid table.

Agreed, however I wouldn't begrudge a player putting playing the vast majority of the time over winning something you only play a handful of times in. Fair play to him.

Personally unless we got a really decent fee which would allow us to replace him I'd keep him, but I doubt we will.

Offline Fromola

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1439 on: July 3, 2019, 05:04:35 pm »
Agreed, however I wouldn't begrudge a player putting playing the vast majority of the time over winning something you only play a handful of times in. Fair play to him.

Nor would I, but in terms of the club selling the idea of staying to him, then there's a good pitch. He's never won anything in his career, a stack of runners up medals with Liverpool. He's got the chance to put that right next season before he moves on. We saw the CL celebrations how everyone felt a part of it, even if weren't on the pitch in the final.

Sturridge didn't feature much last season but he got on the pitch and made key contributions and so could Clyne. Sturridge got his medal before moving on after all the near misses. And not just that but if he really backs himself then he could win the shirt back.

Personally unless we got a really decent fee which would allow us to replace him I'd keep him, but I doubt we will.

Then he needs to be properly replaced. Not just moving players out of position all season to cover. I don't mind which one it is but it has to be one or the other (keep Clyne or properly replace him).
« Last Edit: July 3, 2019, 05:08:11 pm by Fromola »