Author Topic: Today's shooting - The Sandy Hook Memorial Thread - Thoughts and Prayers  (Read 534832 times)

Online SamAteTheRedAcid

• Currently facing issues around potty training. All help appreciated.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Yet another mass shooting at an American college
« Reply #240 on: May 13, 2016, 02:25:16 pm »
Probably by the same gun. Now wouldn't that be ironic.

Set Alanis on him. Oh, wait, she's Canadian ;D
get thee to the library before the c*nts close it down

we are a bunch of twats commenting on a website.

Offline Ziltoid

• Grass. See you at next year's panto (oh no you won't!). Carrot-topped Phallic Snowman Extraordinaire.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Scrubbers
« Reply #241 on: May 13, 2016, 03:19:32 pm »

Offline ShrewKop

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #242 on: May 13, 2016, 03:34:04 pm »

"The highest bids that appear legitimate are an offer of $485,000 by a person identified as Brez Morrell and $290,000 by Ali Safaoui."
http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/2016/05/13/bids-george-zimmerman-gun-auction-top-50m/84319096/

I'm not surprised, and am glad people are trying to drown out actual bids for the gun, but by the looks of things, people are actually prepared to pay big money for it...

Offline capt k

• aaaaaaaavemaaaaaaaaan!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • id rather be fishing
JFT 96

Offline CornerFlag

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #244 on: May 16, 2016, 03:44:29 pm »
http://time.com/4326296/detroit-michigan-gun-death-mariah-davis/

Young Girl Fatally Shoots Herself With Gun She Found Under Grandmother’s Pillow

"It seems like our souls was ripped out of us," her aunt said

Detroit police say a young girl shot and killed herself with a handgun she found underneath her grandmother’s pillow Tuesday night

Police say they responded to the call around midnight and the girl was taken to a hospital, where she was pronounced dead, according to CBS.

Relatives identified the child as Mariah Davis. The girl was 4 or 5 years old, according to conflicting reports from police and family members.

“It was an awful tragedy that has all of us shook up and our heart broke,” the girl’s aunt Freda Davis told local CBS radio WWJ-AM. “It seems like our souls was ripped out of us. She was a lovely little girl. All she loved to do was sing.”

Police are still investigating the shooting but say the incident happened while the girl was in an upstairs bedroom and the grandmother was downstairs.

Shot herself in the throat.  RIP.
My Twitter

Last time I went there I saw masturbating chimpanzees. Whether you think that's worthy of £22 is up to you. All I'll say is I now have an annual pass.

Offline Sudden Death Draft Loser

• old and annoying
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #245 on: May 16, 2016, 04:41:08 pm »
This month, the Washington Post reported that toddlers, defined as a one, two or three-year old, have shot at least 23 people this year.

And last year, the newspaper reported that toddlers were shooting people about once a week.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-36270215
"The greatest argument against democracy is to have a five minute conversation  with the average voter. "

Offline bigbonedrawky

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #246 on: May 16, 2016, 05:20:39 pm »
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-36270215
"It's got nothing to do with lack of gun controls or bad parenting...it's the violence in cartoons I tell you, Maggie Simpson,Stewie Griffin and the liberal media have a lot to answer for and I'm sure President Trump will address these issues once elected" said the local NRA spokesman...probably.

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• Missing an asterisk - no, wait sorry, that's his rusty starfish..... RAWK Apple fanboy. Hedley Lamarr's bestest mate. Has done nothing incredible ever.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
« Reply #247 on: May 22, 2016, 09:57:55 am »
http://www.alternet.org/nra-convention-sells-ex-girlfriend-target-bleeds-when-you-shoot-it

NRA Convention Sells "Ex-Girlfriend" Target That Bleeds When You Shoot It

At the National Rifle Association's annual convention in Houston, Texas this weekend, a company that sells shooting targets "designed to help YOU prepare for the upcoming Zombie outbreak" displayed much of what is wrong with the pro-gun movement with its foul "Ex-Girlfriend" target that bleeds when you shoot it. The more you shoot the iconization of the woman you hate (a 'slut' with her large breasts bulging out of her tanktop) the more she bleeds and her body, once sexy, becomes mangled.  It is a startling reminder of the normalization of violence against women in America, and the latest in delegitimization of the pro-gun lobby's claims that firearms are an equalizer for women.

Here she is, before you shoot her:

And after

Zombie Industries (which also sold a life-sized target with an uncanny resemblance to President Obama, but pulled it from the convention following controversy) sells 15 different zombie targets, but only one -- the ex-girlfriend -- is female.  In another reminder that the company -- and gun industry at large --  has little regard for how damaging its product is to women, its website says "To discriminate against Women by not having them represented in our product selection would be just plain sexist.”

Thanks but no thanks. News flash to Zombie Industries: Violence against women, particularly by intimate partners, is a huge problem in America. In fact, "Domestic violence is the leading cause of injury to women – more than car accidents, muggings, and rapes combined."  In 2010, nearly six times more women were shot by and killed by husbands or intimate acquaintances than were killed by male strangers. It's not surprising, considering a woman's chances of being killed by her abuser multiply by more than seven if he has access to a firearm.

In America, women are targets, especially when it comes to guns.

As Elizabeth Plank writes in PolicyMic,

Gun violence is a gendered issue since it impacts women and men in very different ways. Because women are more vulnerable to violence within the home than men (and men are most often the perpetrators of violence against women), the presence of a gun makes females less safe, not more. How do we know? A woman's likelyhood of a violent death within the home actually increases by 270% when a gun is kept inside the house. Homicide figures don't lie. Having a gun within their possession didn't protect women from murder. In fact, it accurately predicted their higher likelyhood of death.

When at least three women in the US are killed by an intimate partner daily, selling "ex-girlfriend" targets that normalize a phenomenon of often deadly violence against women is an outrage that demands accountability. Plank is calling for Americans to  "make sure those numbers go down, not up," and that "companies like Zombies Industries know that we're not buying it." She recommends all justifiably outraged folk ping Zombie Industries on Twitter (@ZombieInd), using the hash tag #NotBuyingIt. 

Here's what she offers as sample tweet:

@ZombieInd Stop promoting men's violence against women. 1 in 3 women murdered were killed by an intimate partner. #NotBuyingIt.
Quote from: tubby on Today at 12:45:53 pm

They both went in high, that's factually correct, both tried to play the ball at height.  Doku with his foot, Mac Allister with his chest.

Online rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #248 on: May 22, 2016, 10:41:13 am »

I've always had an interest in guns for as long as I can remember and I used to do target shooting and also CQB stuff with handguns and I find that totally repulsive. What the fuck is wrong with these c*nts? If you are the type of person who would buy this, then you should never be allowed near a firearm.

No normal human being wants to A) shoot at a life like target (regardless of sex) or B) see the target fucking bleed.
Jurgen YNWA

Offline CornerFlag

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #249 on: June 1, 2016, 06:24:53 pm »
Reports coming through of a gunman in UCLA.
My Twitter

Last time I went there I saw masturbating chimpanzees. Whether you think that's worthy of £22 is up to you. All I'll say is I now have an annual pass.

Offline exiledintheUSA

• Not to be confused with Darren from Thetford. Or Phil Dowd.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice HAS come. YNWA 97
« Reply #250 on: June 1, 2016, 06:36:16 pm »
Reports coming through of a gunman in UCLA.

Reports of 2 people shot and down.  Another grim day, hopefully because school is out the killing / injuring will be minimal.

EDIT: According to NPR school is still in session this week.
« Last Edit: June 1, 2016, 08:05:10 pm by exiledintheUSA »
Been all over the world but Anfield is still my home.

Online Sammy5IsAlive

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #251 on: June 1, 2016, 07:53:11 pm »
When will they ever learn  :( ...

All the Americans I've met have been decent intelligent people and even some of them still had this massive blind spot re guns. I just don't see how this can happen year after year and the penny still not drop for them.

Hope the authorities manage to get hold of this situation before more people lose their lives.

Online [new username under construction]

• Poster formerly know as shadowbane. Never lost his head whilst others panicked. Fucking kopite!
  • Legacy Fan
  • Insert something awesome here!
« Reply #252 on: June 1, 2016, 08:01:34 pm »

Around about never

Offline Caligula?

• Most Negative poster on site, Moan, Moan, Moan, Liverpool are shite... Does he ever stop
  • Legacy Fan
  • SPQR
« Reply #253 on: June 1, 2016, 08:08:04 pm »
Around about never

Never is right.

Let's not forget it's part of the second amendment, which is written in the Constitution, which was delivered to the forefathers by Jesus himself.

Offline exiledintheUSA

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #254 on: June 1, 2016, 08:10:59 pm »
Never is right.

Let's not forget it's part of the second amendment, which is written in the Constitution, which was delivered to the forefathers by Jesus himself.

Come on mate, everybody knows Mary birthed it, wrapped around White Texan Baby Jesus.

Offline Chakan

• Chaka Chaka.....is in love with Aristotle but only for votes. The proud owner of some very private piles and an inflatable harem! Winner of RAWK's Carabao Cup captian contest.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Internet Terrorist lvl VI
« Reply #255 on: June 1, 2016, 08:12:21 pm »

20 children died and nothing changed.

You think 2 people on a UCLA campus are going to make a difference?

Offline exiledintheUSA

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #256 on: June 1, 2016, 08:13:25 pm »
20 children died and nothing changed.

You think 2 people on a UCLA campus are going to make a difference?

Exactly. 

Offline B0151?

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #257 on: June 1, 2016, 08:13:43 pm »
Was a murder-suicide. Shooter and 1 victim dead.

Offline exiledintheUSA

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #258 on: June 1, 2016, 08:17:15 pm »
Was a murder-suicide. Shooter and 1 victim dead.

Even more infuriating, what's wrong with a good old fashioned suicide?  If you really can't go on and feel the need to sadly end your own life, why take down innocent people with you. 

Offline exiledintheUSA

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #259 on: June 2, 2016, 05:43:13 pm »
The shooter had a "Kill List".  The Professor he killed was on it, as was a lady in Minnesota who has now been found dead.

Offline TheFlyingScouseman

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nice day
« Reply #260 on: June 11, 2016, 03:53:05 pm »
This is absolutely tragic, Pop star Christina Grimmie shot dead signing autographs outside gig in Orlando.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-36506082

This particularly angers me as an aspiring musician, someone doing what they love and being lovely to fans killed by a complete maniac, how the fuck is someone like that allowed a gun? :no

America doesn't learn from the constant massacres, they certainly ain't gonna learn from this, similar to Lennon's death. Shocking.

Offline jed the red

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #261 on: June 12, 2016, 09:44:23 am »
Just breaking now in Orlando again!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/36510272

Offline Narwin Dunez

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #262 on: June 12, 2016, 10:14:03 am »
What a horrific set of incidents.

Offline sms1986

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #263 on: June 12, 2016, 10:39:59 am »
After recent events involving anti-LGBT hatemongering over there, this is probably not all that surprising. I hope this marks the end of any real opposition to LGBT rights in the US.

Offline sms1986

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #264 on: June 12, 2016, 11:03:26 am »
BBC reporting that the shooter is dead.

Offline Zlen

• Suspicious of systems. But getting lots.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #265 on: June 12, 2016, 11:17:11 am »
Sad to see so many lose their lives pointlessly - but it's what Americans have chosen for themselves.

Offline Antics

• Roadshow
  • Legacy Fan
  • This is what you'll get when you mess with us.
« Reply #266 on: June 12, 2016, 12:20:23 pm »
I'm honestly numb to these now. When there's zero action after someone guns down 20 kids 2 years ago, you just have to hold your hands up and leave them to it.

Every fucking time.

Offline sms1986

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #267 on: June 12, 2016, 12:25:13 pm »
They're saying it's a "domestic terrorist incident" and that perhaps twenty people have lost their lives.

Offline Narwin Dunez

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #268 on: June 12, 2016, 12:28:32 pm »
Sad to see so many lose their lives pointlessly - but it's what Americans have chosen for themselves.

It's not what the people at this nightclub chose. They chose to go out and have a gun free night of dancing and fun, and they wind up dead because they live in a backwards nation that allows the sale of murderous weapons with no other use than to kill.

Offline AaronSingh25

• Never Going to Grow Old. Dis-
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #269 on: June 12, 2016, 12:46:34 pm »
They're saying it's a "domestic terrorist incident" and that perhaps twenty people have lost their lives.

If this terrible incident was carried out by a muslim then they are going to get outraged and call it terrorism, it will be 24/7 hour news. If it was just a white guy, then it will simply be put down to mental illness and we won't hear anything more of it.

Offline sms1986

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #270 on: June 12, 2016, 12:48:33 pm »
If this terrible incident was carried out by a muslim then they are going to get outraged and call it terrorism, it will be 24/7 hour news. If it was just a white guy, then it will simply be put down to mental illness and we won't hear anything more of it.

Yeah, and they're already starting to indicate that the shooter was a radical Islamist, but this isn't confirmed.

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #271 on: June 12, 2016, 12:48:49 pm »
Absolutely sickening that. RIP.

Offline Garrus

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #272 on: June 12, 2016, 12:59:13 pm »
Another 20 lives sacrificed at the altar of the second amendment.

Offline jooneyisdagod

• Doesn't like having pussy round the house
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #273 on: June 12, 2016, 01:03:22 pm »
Shot because they were gay. Can't wait for the apologists to come out and blame everything under the sun apart from their pet project.

RIP to the ones that lost their lives.

All they wanted to do was to have some fun.
Quote from: Dion Fanning

The chants for Kenny Dalglish that were heard again on Wednesday do not necessarily mean that the fans see him as the saviour. This is not Newcastle, longing for the return of Kevin Keegan. Simply, Dalglish represents everything Hodgson is not and, in fairness, everything Hodgson could or would not hope to be.

Offline rafathegaffa83

• Legacy Fan
  • Dutch Class
« Reply #274 on: June 12, 2016, 01:10:33 pm »
Sickening. RIP

Offline damomad

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #275 on: June 12, 2016, 01:26:31 pm »
How many more will it take? Whether or not it was carried out by a terrorist organisation, there is blood is on the hands of the gun lobby and those who are too scared to take action against weapons.

Normal people enjoying themselves for a night after a weeks work. Could happen to any of us, pointless deaths. RIP
You're still the one pool where I'd happily drown

Offline Jimmys Casey

• Kemlynite
« Reply #276 on: June 12, 2016, 03:06:16 pm »
It is incidents like this terrorist attack that assures those with the legal right to own guns will never give them up.

They do not trust the police or government to protect them from nut cases and criminals (who will always have access to guns).

Offline Jimmys Casey

• Kemlynite
« Reply #277 on: June 12, 2016, 03:24:31 pm »
Police and the perpetrator were firing at each other before he entered to take hostages.
So, did he target the club or was he escaping the police?

Omar Mir Seddique Mateen has been named as the gunman who killed as many as 20 people and wounded 40 others at the Pulse nightclub in Orlando, Florida, CBS News reports.

He was later killed by police after taking hostages at the LGBT club.

Mateen, 29, is a U.S. citizen of Afghani descent from Port St. Lucie, Florida, according to CBS News. He has ties to radical Islamic ideology, CBS reports.

Port St. Lucie is about 125 miles away from Orlando.

Police have not yet said why Mateen attacked the Pulse club.

http://heavy.com/news/2016/06/omar-mateen-pulse-orlando-florida-shooting-gunman-attack-name-photos-facebook-motive-terrorism/

A registered democrat. I think some people will tag that fact in all this.
« Last Edit: June 12, 2016, 03:28:53 pm by Jimmys Casey »

Offline XabiAlonsosBeard

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #278 on: June 12, 2016, 03:27:28 pm »
Another 20 lives sacrificed at the altar of the second amendment.

Revised figure of 50 deaths now. Horrific. 
Justice for the 96.

Loves a missed penalty!

Offline sms1986

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #279 on: June 12, 2016, 03:29:50 pm »
They're now saying 50 dead and at least 50 injured. It's probably the third worst mass shooting after the 2011 Norway attacks and an attack in South Korea in the 1980s.