Author Topic: Welcome Dominik Szoboszlai  (Read 238696 times)

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Welcome Dominik Szoboszlai
« Reply #240 on: July 5, 2023, 02:41:07 pm »
Seems a nice enough guy, but not the most charismatic....do I care though? No.

Stupid fool.

Offline Gus 1855

• GusMcLean is a direct descendent of wee Jimmy the Jock McSporran, son of Ally McLeod, voted best Flower of Scotland performer 2003. Changed name in hope of attracting Bridesmaid but he's still Scottish as a Glaswegian deep fried Haggis
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #241 on: July 5, 2023, 02:44:32 pm »
well, the squad's overall charisma-rating went up when Millie left, so not a problem ...

Ha, I always though Millie was very charismatic...just in a very particular sort of way.
It looks to me as if we have signed another 'average' player. I'll hold back my complete opinion until I see the lad play

Offline Gus 1855

• GusMcLean is a direct descendent of wee Jimmy the Jock McSporran, son of Ally McLeod, voted best Flower of Scotland performer 2003. Changed name in hope of attracting Bridesmaid but he's still Scottish as a Glaswegian deep fried Haggis
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #242 on: July 5, 2023, 02:47:12 pm »
Stupid fool.

Unnecessary, just a simple observation. Though not helped by some pretty dull and repeated questions.

I'm not expecting him to be a comedian, he's young and as some have said in unfamiliar surroundings. To say he doesn't appear enormously charismatic is hardly earth-shattering.
It looks to me as if we have signed another 'average' player. I'll hold back my complete opinion until I see the lad play

Offline Ghost Town

• RAWK snitch. Bands won't play no more. Too much fighting on the dance floor! Probably one of only three people who knows the meaning of "depuratory", the Suzy Dent-esque freakshow! Hannoying homunculus.
  • Legacy Fan
  • mundus vult decipi
« Reply #243 on: July 5, 2023, 03:28:50 pm »
To say he doesn't appear enormously charismatic is hardly earth-shattering.
Then why say it?
"Every man has a right to utter what he thinks truth, and every other man has a right to knock him down for it."
Samuel (not Glen) Johnson, as reported by James (not Joey) Boswell. They must have foreseen RAWK ;D

Offline Gus 1855

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #244 on: July 5, 2023, 03:53:06 pm »
Then why say it?

In retrospect I perhaps would not have done given the odd reaction for saying something so mundane. It was a simple observation that doesn't really matter at all. But 80%+ of comments on here are just random musings rather than eloquent prose about a topic.

Plenty of people commenting on how hairy his legs are, why say that either?

Offline Son of Spion

• "No, I said I was WORKING from home! Me ma's reading this, ya bastids!" Supporter of The Unbrarables. Worratit.
  • RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
  • BAGs. 28 Years..What Would The Bullens Wall Say?
« Reply #245 on: July 5, 2023, 04:16:01 pm »
...Plenty of people commenting on how hairy his legs are, why say that either?
I'm just hoping he hasn't got a seriously hairy chest. I can't have Mrs Spion swooning too much.
The light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long, and you've burned so very, very brightly, Jürgen.

Offline Gus 1855

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #246 on: July 5, 2023, 04:20:58 pm »
I'm just hoping he hasn't got a seriously hairy chest. I can't have Mrs Spion swooning too much.

He is a good looking fellow that's for sure.

It was interesting on the Anfield Wrap they had a Bundesliga expert commenting on his 'skinny legs' and whether he may struggle with the physicality of the league. It'll be interesting to see how he adapts, but from what I've seen his balance more than makes up for any lack of physique.

Offline Son of Spion

• "No, I said I was WORKING from home! Me ma's reading this, ya bastids!" Supporter of The Unbrarables. Worratit.
  • RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #247 on: July 5, 2023, 04:26:43 pm »
He is a good looking fellow that's for sure.

It was interesting on the Anfield Wrap they had a Bundesliga expert commenting on his 'skinny legs' and whether he may struggle with the physicality of the league. It'll be interesting to see how he adapts, but from what I've seen his balance more than makes up for any lack of physique.
I've only seen him on highlights videos, but he didn't appear lacking to me. Yes, good balance from what I saw.

I know highlights videos can be misleading, but I was quite excited by what I saw. He knows how to strike a dead ball too. Some of his goals were absolute beauties.
The light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long, and you've burned so very, very brightly, Jürgen.

Online The Final Third

• Brought to you from 15 minutes in the future :)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #248 on: July 5, 2023, 04:29:44 pm »
The hair on his legs acts like a crumple zone..he'll be fine.

Offline redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thanks for everything Rafa. Nunca Caminarás Solo.
« Reply #249 on: July 5, 2023, 04:49:15 pm »

In the "signing day" video you can watch him strip for his medical. I've watched it - for research purposes only of course - and can confirm his chest has merely a small smattering of hairs.
Rafa Benitez: "I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager. Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone."

Offline Son of Spion

• RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #250 on: July 5, 2023, 05:02:11 pm »
In the "signing day" video you can watch him strip for his medical. I've watched it - for research purposes only of course - and can confirm his chest has merely a small smattering of hairs.
That's good. 😊

I don't want too much competition for Mrs Spion's affections.  ;D

Offline Barrow Shaun

• Legacy Fan
  • Off the coach, through the park.....
« Reply #251 on: July 5, 2023, 06:52:06 pm »
Has RAWK turned into fucking Loose Women???
officially accepted RAWK source of information

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #252 on: July 5, 2023, 06:58:17 pm »
That's good. 😊

I don't want too much competition for Mrs Spion's affections.  ;D

Alright Magnum PI.

Offline Szemerényi

• Anny Roader
  • We all ride the red and white gallop
Re: Welcome Dominik “Sza Sza” Szoboszlai
« Reply #253 on: July 5, 2023, 07:03:10 pm »
According to a tweet, second behind Fitzpatrick.

Though it also said that Oxlade-Chamberlain would be top, but that's literally not possible to get on a scrabble board so I'm not having that.

It is possible. You just need someone to put down chamberlain first. That word is accepted. A scrabble board is 15x15 so there is room for all the letters.

Offline Ravishing Rick Dude

• Cut the music! Missed the 'Saka is shite!' memo.
  • No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #254 on: July 5, 2023, 07:06:21 pm »
Rick for the rikes, prick for the pricks

SLAVA
UKRAINI

Offline afc tukrish

• How long for them sausages? Maggie May's Mythical Turkish Delight. RAWK's Expert Sausage Monster! Oakley Cannonier is fucking boss. Likes blowing his friends and undoing their nuts? Who nose?!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • This looks like a nice spot...
    • Flat Back Four
« Reply #255 on: July 5, 2023, 07:47:42 pm »

Alright, McNulty...
Since haste quite Schorsch, but Liverpool are genuine fight pigs...

Offline lfcthekop

• knows how to inbed
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #256 on: July 5, 2023, 07:54:33 pm »
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jcTMuO28U8k

He's going to be great for us !

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #257 on: July 5, 2023, 08:04:13 pm »

What have you against loose women?

Offline HardworkDedication

• Hardwork and Dedication linked to many stories - Mingebag. Has no opinion of his own. Human news ticker tape.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #258 on: July 5, 2023, 08:48:33 pm »
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/jcTMuO28U8k" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/jcTMuO28U8k</a>

Excellent analysis. Will be really interesting to see how Klopp fits him in.

Offline Bobinhood

• RAWK's Pam Ayres. Man without a hat.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hand over the Trophy
« Reply #259 on: July 5, 2023, 09:19:06 pm »

Hey, when i said the same thing about the new signing on the ladies team everybody got mad at me. Go figure. 
Amplification does not equal truth. 

"Put these seeds in your pocket. At least sunflowers will grow where you lie!"
A Ukrainian housewife to a young Russian soldier, Feb 24,2022.

Offline FLRed67

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #260 on: July 5, 2023, 09:28:51 pm »
“Moneyball” signing? Both him and Mac?

Mac + Dom + Lavia/Florentino Luis/AN Other + wages < one Bellingham + wages.

I’ll buy that for a dollar.

Offline Son of Spion

• RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #261 on: July 5, 2023, 09:33:35 pm »
Alright Magnum PI.
I don't get a look in when he's on telly.  :-\

Online RedSince86

• I blame Chris de Burgh
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #262 on: July 5, 2023, 10:10:18 pm »
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/jcTMuO28U8k" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/jcTMuO28U8k</a>

He's definitely a United fan this Guy who does this video.

He mentions a United player in this video about 20 times.

Nice video though.
"Since its purchase by the sheikh of Abu Dhabi, Manchester City has managed to cheat its way into the top echelon of European football and create a global, immensely profitable football empire, ignoring rules along the way. The club's newfound glory is rooted in lies."

Offline Ghost Town

• RAWK snitch. Bands won't play no more. Too much fighting on the dance floor! Probably one of only three people who knows the meaning of "depuratory", the Suzy Dent-esque freakshow! Hannoying homunculus.
  • Legacy Fan
  • mundus vult decipi
« Reply #263 on: July 6, 2023, 12:44:38 am »

Generational video, lol
"Every man has a right to utter what he thinks truth, and every other man has a right to knock him down for it."
Samuel (not Glen) Johnson, as reported by James (not Joey) Boswell. They must have foreseen RAWK ;D

Offline GreatEx

• pectations. might be a cunt but isn't a capitalist cunt. Blissfully ignorant.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #264 on: July 6, 2023, 04:13:03 am »
Unnecessary, just a simple observation. Though not helped by some pretty dull and repeated questions.

I'm not expecting him to be a comedian, he's young and as some have said in unfamiliar surroundings. To say he doesn't appear enormously charismatic is hardly earth-shattering.

I was hoping for some freestyle rapping or a displayed mastery of the Scouse patois, but aside from that he came across as an easy-going and friendly guy with a very good handle on the English language who should have no trouble getting along with teammates and understanding tactical instructions. So I was well pleased with that intro video.

Offline dutchkop

• has an issue with his phlemish phalange (bunch of jackals, leave him alone).
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #265 on: July 6, 2023, 09:53:07 am »
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jcTMuO28U8k

He's going to be great for us !

Looking forward to what he can do.
I have been wondering when we could get someone  to augment Trent delviery from set pieces and also direct free kicks.. so that is a great addition.

I think we need to see how he and Mac Allister adapt to our team and how quickly we get the most out of them, but also the defensive work required.. they both seemed to be good in breaking down and pressing. But it will take time to adapt to Prem and Klopp's Liverpool pressing.

more goals from the midfield and better defensive breakdown of attacks.

Welcome to the CLub Domonik Szoboslai

Offline Knight

• No one understands football like me.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #266 on: July 6, 2023, 11:28:09 am »
Generational video, lol

I really like this guy's videos but there are some, um, idiosyncrasies, which you have to get over. Constantly asking if a player can reach 'generational' levels in particular areas. For this video, claiming a 22 year new signing should be the player we build our team around like Hungary when 1. when do you ever copy national teams on this sort of things? Teams like Hungary will always build round the few talents they have. We don't use Salah like Egypt to, it's just silly. And 2. we have Trent, Salah etc already, so it's not even like DS is going to be our best player. If we're going to build around anyone, it won't be DS.

That said it's still a really encouraging and positive analysis and his content is good.

Offline The Red artist.

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • With hope in your heart.
« Reply #267 on: July 6, 2023, 09:40:39 pm »
https://youtu.be/rQSmfR1_SVE

Life Is Life, Opus

“La-la-la-la-la,
Szo-bos-lai.”

It’s on.
   Maybe change lai with la, but whichever this is the one. Simple, easy and loud!
Y.N.W.A....J.F.T.96.

Offline Redwhiteandnotblue

• God's spin doctor.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #268 on: July 6, 2023, 11:51:34 pm »
It is possible. You just need someone to put down chamberlain first. That word is accepted. A scrabble board is 15x15 so there is room for all the letters.

Maths is not your strong point. 😉

Offline kev_goss

• Lost: Remote control puppy. Please help reunite a tearful child with his pride and joy
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Goodnight sweet girl gonna miss you
« Reply #269 on: July 7, 2023, 01:12:25 pm »
What have you against loose women?

Probably still got to pay for them.
It is very important to generate a good attitude, a good heart, as much as possible. From this, happiness in both the short term and the long term for both yourself and others will come.
Dalai Lama

Offline BarryCrocker

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #270 on: July 8, 2023, 12:35:38 pm »
Nice story on our new # 8.

Dominik Szoboszlai: the complete player set to impress at Liverpool
Liverpool’s £60m signing from RB Leipzig is only 22, already captain of Hungary and performs even better under pressure

As Liverpool set about reinforcing their midfield this summer, they first opted for the Premier League-proven Alexis Mac Allister from Brighton, paying £35m for Argentina’s World Cup winner. The Anfield club’s next move was to sign Dominik Szoboszlai, who at 22 is already captain of Hungary. Liverpool paid his £60m release clause – for which they are getting a complete player who can play all across the midfield and has shown leadership qualities since his youth. There is a hope he can add more energy and creativity to Jürgen Klopp’s team.

Szoboszlai has impressed in the Bundesliga at RB Leipzig with his assists and ball technique, but also his defensive work, leading the pressing or tackling. “I’d say he’ll need half a year to adjust physically, he also needs to muscle up a bit more and get used to two-games-a-week routine,” says the Hungarian football analyst Gabor Karpjuk. “The game philosophy is similar [at Liverpool]. I expect him to improve a lot and have a big impact at Liverpool.

Karpjuk has been following his rise closely ever since he was working as an analyst for the Hungarian Under-17s when Szoboszlai began making waves in 2017 as his three goals sent Hungary to the Euros. He scored twice from free-kicks against Russia to turn around the game, and later his shot from distance in stoppage time against Norway (with Erling Haaland up front) secured a necessary 1-0 win.

“He shot from about 25 metres, even if he was actually sprinting towards the ball. It was technically a super-complicated shot, but he scored,” says Karpjuk. “So you can see he was never shy to take the shot, which essentially meant if his team would qualify or not. He always had this in him. If you put extra pressure on him, he would even perform better and better.”

Szoboszlai, only 16 at the time, quickly became Hungarian football’s brightest hope. “Those free-kicks were the latest everyone found out about him,” says the Hungarian football writer Abel Meszaros.

Starved of international success, as Hungary qualified for the World Cup last time in 1986, Szoboszlai was heralded as the future leader of the national team. In 2020, another shot from distance in stoppage time against Iceland in the play-offs secured Hungary’s advance to the Euros.

For Hungary, he has always been prepared to take on the extra responsibility. “It’s rare that a player at this age isn’t afraid of this type of stress,” Karpjuk says. “He had this professional mindset when he had to do his job or it was game time. That comes back to dealing with pressure. He was at his best when he had to deal with pressure.”

Szoboszlai’s father, Zsolt, played in the Hungarian top flight and made sure his son got the proper football education. Instead of playing with toys, as a child Dominik always had a football at his feet. While his peers were having fun, he practised free-kicks. He spent most of his youth at Főnix Gold, the football academy on the outskirts of Szekesfehervar co-founded by Zsolt, where the emphasis was on technique and short passing.

Red Bull Salzburg’s scouts noticed him playing for the national youth team and signed him after he turned 16. Karpjuk believes the move to Austria has been great for his development. “Definitely, he had a special ability with the ball and excellent technique, but he needed to develop his off-ball performance. That was addressed after his move to the Red Bull school. There he could learn the off-ball movement: how to press, how to be aware of pressing triggers, etc. I was impressed how he ended up being one of the best attacking midfielders without the ball. He has this awareness. His recovery and timing of tackles are truly extraordinary.”

Considered a generational talent, Szoboszlai quickly climbed through Hungarian youth national team categories, often ending up in a team with players who were several years older. He also received his first senior call-up at 16, even if it was only to warm the bench against Russia and Andorra. However, he was never the one to shyly sit in the corner.

“He had proper leadership skills,” Karpjuk recalls. “When he played with older age groups, he consistently associated himself with the senior players. When he was in the U21 national team, he played together with Attila Szalai from Fenerbahce who was two years older, or there were even players who were four years older.

“However, he was in the central group of that team, essentially among the captains. He was a bit quieter when playing with the older guys. But in the dressing room, a lot of times he was the one who played the music. During the game, he often said that this tactical thing is not working and we have to adjust something.”

Tactical awareness has always been a part of Szoboszlai’s game and it improved after moving to Salzburg. He gained experience playing for Liefering, Salzburg’s reserve team in the second league, and recorded 42 goals and 45 assists in 125 games in Austria. In January 2021, he joined RB Leipzig for about €20m, then the highest price paid for a Hungarian player.

That record fee has been surpassed by his move to Liverpool. “Arguably, it’s the biggest signing in Hungarian football history. Maybe we can talk about Ferenc Puskas going to Real Madrid, but he went later in his career and after two years without football,“ Meszaros says. “Rene Maric met him at Liefering in 2017 and said that this guy is going to be among the top five or seven midfielders in the world. And I think we’re going there now.”

That is the result of long years of hard work, something Szoboszlai truly appreciates. When he was 15, he had his first tattoo, inspired by a quote from the Liverpool great Steven Gerrard. “Talent is a blessing from God, but without incredible will and humility, it is worthless,” it says in translation from Hungarian. In a timely echo, Szoboszlai will be wearing the No 8 shirt at Anfield.

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2023/jul/08/dominik-szoboszlai-set-to-impress-and-make-big-impact-at-liverpool
And all the world is football shaped, It's just for me to kick in space. And I can see, hear, smell, touch, taste.

Offline PaddyPaned

• Anny Roader
« Reply #271 on: July 8, 2023, 02:40:46 pm »
Can’t wait to see how this kid (however hairy or lacking in charisma) settles into the PL. He seems to have all the attributes to fit into the league really well and I’m sure Klopp will make him a great Liverpool player. It may take a little while so patience could be needed, but with Mac Allister providing a ready-made PL player some of the heat/attention should be off. Good window so far, but still need at least a couple more (CB, maybe DM and RB cover).
« Last Edit: July 8, 2023, 02:46:27 pm by PaddyPaned »

Offline newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #272 on: July 8, 2023, 07:56:32 pm »
Can’t wait to see how this kid (however hairy or lacking in charisma) settles into the PL. He seems to have all the attributes to fit into the league really well and I’m sure Klopp will make him a great Liverpool player. It may take a little while so patience could be needed, but with Mac Allister providing a ready-made PL player some of the heat/attention should be off. Good window so far, but still need at least a couple more (CB, maybe DM and RB cover).

This is a myth. Have you checked fbref for his stats? They project out incredibly - the ability to grow a james harden level beard is attainable. As is the likelihood of him becoming the next Klopp - a player that others will run through walls for.

Offline Samie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #273 on: July 11, 2023, 06:20:58 pm »
This is Blue Steel.  ;D

Offline newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #274 on: July 11, 2023, 06:21:28 pm »

Offline SamLad

• Definitely not a numerologist! Definitely fodder for whimsical modding though... ;) Definitely not 72! Founding member of the Efes Animal Appreciation Society. Very mɪstʃɪvəs.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #275 on: July 11, 2023, 06:22:08 pm »
looks fat
I'll be sure to tell him you said that.

Offline newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #276 on: July 11, 2023, 06:46:11 pm »
I'll be sure to tell him you said that.

Tell Fatejic too.

Offline afc tukrish

• How long for them sausages? Maggie May's Mythical Turkish Delight. RAWK's Expert Sausage Monster! Oakley Cannonier is fucking boss. Likes blowing his friends and undoing their nuts? Who nose?!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • This looks like a nice spot...
    • Flat Back Four
« Reply #277 on: July 11, 2023, 06:51:15 pm »
This is Blue Steel.  ;D

This is Hairy Steel...
Since haste quite Schorsch, but Liverpool are genuine fight pigs...

Offline Ghost Town

• Legacy Fan
  • mundus vult decipi
« Reply #278 on: July 11, 2023, 07:15:52 pm »

Offline Samie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #279 on: July 11, 2023, 08:42:46 pm »