Author Topic: Boxing thread  (Read 4195481 times)

Offline Dull Tools

• Likes James Corden.
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Boxing thread
« Reply #69640 on: March 2, 2022, 02:02:29 pm »
There's a reason why he chose Bivol now. He's not going anywhere near Beterbiev for now.
I don't see why he would avoid Beterbiev. Berbetiev has had maybe one tough fight in his career and was rocked by Callum Johnson.

Also don't know how you can say Bivol is on the slide after 19 fights. He is at his peak. I think he is as good as Berbetiev but is just a boxer rather than a puncher. Canelo likes to take on boxers.

Offline Alf

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Leader of Alf Quaida & the Scaliban
« Reply #69641 on: March 2, 2022, 02:17:26 pm »
Bivol's not knocked anybody out in his last 6 fights, 4 years now. Including a 38 year old Jean Pascal. For me he's not the fighter that Badou Jack dodged when Andre Ward retired.

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #69642 on: March 2, 2022, 05:36:05 pm »
Canelo comes from the "Mayweather School of Picking" opponents.  ;D

Offline Dull Tools

• Likes James Corden.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #69643 on: March 2, 2022, 09:51:08 pm »
Bivol's not knocked anybody out in his last 6 fights, 4 years now. Including a 38 year old Jean Pascal. For me he's not the fighter that Badou Jack dodged when Andre Ward retired.
  He is 31 and only had 19 fights. Why wouldn't he be the same fighter? Just so you can discredit a Canelo win after?

If cherry picking means fighting 4 unbeaten World Champions in a row then I guess he is.

Offline 1892tillforever

• "Just call me................daddy.............!"
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Either the curtains go or I do
« Reply #69644 on: March 2, 2022, 10:30:51 pm »
I don't see why he would avoid Beterbiev. Berbetiev has had maybe one tough fight in his career and was rocked by Callum Johnson.

Also don't know how you can say Bivol is on the slide after 19 fights. He is at his peak. I think he is as good as Berbetiev but is just a boxer rather than a puncher. Canelo likes to take on boxers.
Yeah, Beterbiev's record isn't exactly a who's who of great opponents is it? He has the reputation but I'm not convinced he is as good as they say, and I think Canelo would beat him.

Bivol is a very good fighter but I don't see how he beats ginger nuts. He lacks the power to even get Canelo's respect let alone stop him, and there's no fucking chance he gets a points decision!

Offline Broad Spectrum

• Antibiotic
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #69645 on: March 3, 2022, 01:09:30 pm »
Fight Disciples is a must listen to this week.

Directly calls out Daniel Kinahan.

Well worth a listen. First time I’ve listened to the boxing one since last summer, stopped watching boxing regularly years ago because of the corruption. It’s an absolute embarrassment.

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #69646 on: March 4, 2022, 03:08:33 pm »
Golovkin wins this he get's Canelo again.

Golovkin vs Murata for the WBA & IBF Middleweight world titles has now been rescheduled for April 9th in Japan.

Offline Alf

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #69647 on: March 4, 2022, 03:51:19 pm »
He is 31 and only had 19 fights. Why wouldn't he be the same fighter? Just so you can discredit a Canelo win after?

Bivol has been involved with some form of combat or another for over half his life. It's not just the 19 professional bouts. I believe he's peaked & I've said why.

As for Canelo, there's no doubting his record it's unequivocal.

Offline Clayton Bigsby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #69648 on: March 4, 2022, 08:15:18 pm »
Bivol is an excellent fighter. Boring as hell though

Offline Samie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #69649 on: March 6, 2022, 01:26:53 am »
AJ's got a new trainer but not one any expected.   ;D

Anthony Joshua has declared that Angel Fernandez is his new main trainer. Fernandez has been an assistant coach to AJ for the past three years and will now head up his camp. [@BehindTheGloves]

Offline Samie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #69650 on: March 6, 2022, 01:30:08 am »
Also Bob Arum saying he thought Josh Taylor won by "a couple of rounds".  Don't know what that senile old fool was watching either.  ;D

Offline 7777

• RAWK Boxing Prediction League Champion 07
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We see things they'll never see
« Reply #69651 on: March 8, 2022, 01:38:36 pm »
Needs an massive overhaul doesn’t it? I can’t get myself up for it anymore

Boxing has been excluded from the Olympics for shit like this albeit at an amateur level but this won’t have helped

Ian John Lewis in particular should have been expired from anything to do with refereeing or judging fucking ages ago

Saturday wasn’t just corrupt, it was criminal and by that I mean someone needs to be checking their bank accounts and getting search warrants!

Horrible

https://www.skysports.com/boxing/news/12183/12560618/josh-taylor-vs-jack-catterall-scoring-referred-to-police-by-the-speaker-of-the-house-of-commons

Be interesting what comes out of this and the BBBOC interviews. This stink isn't going away because the result was so obvious, there had to be corruption

Offline Alf

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #69652 on: March 8, 2022, 02:22:10 pm »
I'd like to see a different style of scoring trialled here.

Perhaps the judges should be separated & the scores should be available to the audience at the end of each round.

What's clear is the current system isn't working, whether that be corruption or incompetence I'm not sure of.

Offline y2w902

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #69653 on: March 8, 2022, 03:08:10 pm »
Wasn't there a time not too long ago where the scoring cards were made public after every round? Was it the world super series or whatever it was called?

Offline Samie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #69654 on: March 8, 2022, 03:09:04 pm »
Yeah but it got dropped because "people" weren't fans of it.

Offline Fordy

• Κασσάνδρα. ITK (rubs bridge of nose knowingly)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #69655 on: March 8, 2022, 03:51:26 pm »
Yeah but it got dropped because "people" weren't fans of it.

I can understand that because of the thrill of announcing who won at the end is gone.

However, what I do think in that the judges should go into a room and tell a member of the boxers their scoring card, why they came to that decision then have a 5-10 review in which the judge can overturn their score.

15 mins later the score gets announced to the boxers and crowd.

Oh something like that.

Offline 7777

• RAWK Boxing Prediction League Champion 07
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We see things they'll never see
« Reply #69656 on: March 8, 2022, 06:47:59 pm »
Some of them are dinosaurs and are either incompetent, corrupt or both

The game needs a review top to bottom

Boxing is hardly helping its case for Olympic inclusion at Paris is it? I mean I know am and pro are different sports but the spotlight for corrupt / bent judging is still right on boxing as a whole

Offline Lusty

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #69657 on: March 8, 2022, 07:22:07 pm »
Some of them are dinosaurs and are either incompetent, corrupt or both

The game needs a review top to bottom

Boxing is hardly helping its case for Olympic inclusion at Paris is it? I mean I know am and pro are different sports but the spotlight for corrupt / bent judging is still right on boxing as a whole
Loads of them are corrupt, but it doesn't help that half of them are 90 years old with eyes like Mr Magoo.  We've had judges writing the names on the cards the wrong way round before FFS.

My favourite is John McDermott losing the decision against Fury because the referee lost to his Dad back in his amateur days and he still had the hump about it.

Offline duvva 💅

• lippa RAWK Diivva, broke Kenny's sky
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • LFC Quiz Rivals Most Hated
« Reply #69658 on: March 8, 2022, 07:37:30 pm »
Also Bob Arum saying he thought Josh Taylor won by "a couple of rounds".  Don't know what that senile old fool was watching either.  ;D
He was watching the money Samie
"If you don't limit yourself with bad thoughts, you can fly" - Jurgen Klopp

Offline Samie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #69659 on: March 8, 2022, 07:38:03 pm »
I'm not joking when i say some dinosaurs were judges in British fights since my grandad was going to the boxing around the country in the 60's and 70's and most retired not so long ago.  ;D

Offline I've been a good boy

• "There are two ways of spreading light; to be the candle or the mirror that receives it." Loves a good set of open flaps. And a bowl of Coco Poops! No chance of getting a coffee in his house.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #69660 on: March 8, 2022, 07:50:10 pm »
Frank Warren has revealed that it's now been officially agreed for Tyson Fury vs Dillian Whyte to have no British judges on April 23rd. [@IFLTV]

Offline Samie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #69661 on: March 9, 2022, 04:27:32 pm »
Conor Benn will face Chris van Heerden in a Welterweight clash on April 16th at the Manchester Arena.

Offline Samie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #69662 on: March 9, 2022, 04:28:35 pm »
Josh Taylor's belts about to be scattered. Jack Catterall must be fuming.

The WBA have now officially ordered Josh Taylor to defend his super-lightweight world titles against Alberto Puello next. Assuming he vacates the belts and moves up in weight as expected, Ismael Barroso (WBA #2) would seemingly be next in line, then Ohara Davies (WBA #3).

Offline Samie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #69663 on: March 10, 2022, 01:52:36 pm »
The BBBofC have announced that they've downgraded Ian John-Lewis following his scorecard for Josh Taylor vs Jack Catterall and contacted all four governing bodies about making Catterall mandatory for another title shot.

Offline sirjames

• The Manly Eunuch
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #69664 on: March 10, 2022, 02:38:50 pm »
Josh Taylor's belts about to be scattered. Jack Catterall must be fuming.

He's very disappointed, obviously feels like he's been done.
Jamie and the team was so buzzing they had the game plan worked and was really confident the week before the fight. Thinks hes the best fighter hes had at carrying out a game plan.

Jack will be back for the belts. Like a few have said, whats the point of fighting Josh at a catchweight ... well the biggest payday he's had, will depend on how much he can make elsewhere aswel.
If we win, its normal because were Liverpool Football Club
Rafa  25/1/05

Offline Samie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #69665 on: March 10, 2022, 09:47:42 pm »
Look's like Usyk v Joshua 2 is off for now.

Eddie Hearn has revealed that he spoke to Oleksandr Usyk's promoter Alex Krassyuk this morning and said it sounds as though Usyk will need more time before the Anthony Joshua rematch, meaning AJ will likely have an interim fight in May/June.

Anthony Joshua's "top choice" for his next fight would probably be Deontay Wilder.

[@IFLTV]

Offline Lusty

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #69666 on: March 10, 2022, 10:23:32 pm »
Look's like Usyk v Joshua 2 is off for now.

Not a big surprise surely. And not really that important in the scheme of things. Hope we get to Usyk (and Loma) fight again one day.

Wilder is busy with his lawyers getting the restraining order written up.

Offline 1892tillforever

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #69667 on: March 11, 2022, 08:55:16 am »
:author=Lusty link=topic=79273.msg18222821#msg18222821 date=1646951012]
Not a big surprise surely. And not really that important in the scheme of things. Hope we get to Usyk (and Loma) fight again one day.

Wilder is busy with his lawyers getting the restraining order written up.
I saw mugs on Facebook (yeah I know) claiming that Wilder is the second best heavyweight  :lmao :lmao :lmao

To quote Roger Mayweather "They don't know shit about boxing." IF that fight happens and it is a BIG if, Joshua just needs to avoid doing anything dumb and he'll flatten Wilder.

Offline Clayton Bigsby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #69668 on: March 11, 2022, 11:08:10 am »
Wilder can flatten AJ though. Why we acting like it's a foregone conclusion. Usyk wobbled and almost stopped him and he wasn't stopping the top guys at cruiser

Offline Lusty

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #69669 on: March 11, 2022, 11:33:12 am »
Wilder can flatten AJ though. Why we acting like it's a foregone conclusion. Usyk wobbled and almost stopped him and he wasn't stopping the top guys at cruiser
Wilder can flatten anyone.  He basically knocked out Fury with his great big stegasaurus head.  But we'll get the boring version of AJ who will just stand in the middle of the ring and do the basics and unless she hangs his chin out there (unlikely) or gasses out (aka does something dumb) I don't really see how Wilder gets to him.

Also we don't know if this hand injury is genuine or not, and if it is then Wilder has got basically zero attributes to trouble anyone.

Offline 1892tillforever

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #69670 on: March 11, 2022, 02:26:38 pm »
Yes, he can do so in theory, and if Joshua is careless like he was versus Ruiz. What Wilder will NOT do is catch Joshua with a well-disguised counter or a dizzying combination. Wilder also has a terrible, almost non-existent jab so if that fight were to take place, I would imagine it will go like Lusty has said. Joshua will box behind the jab and play it very safe. Meanwhile, Wilder will walk towards him like a dummy with his left hand low and his right hand ready for the windmill. He might catch Joshua with one of those haymakers but it is far, far more likely he gets the head jabbed off him and stopped mid rounds.

Btw, no love for chocolatito from last weekend either  :( Handled a dangerous opponent easily. The best fighter of the last 10+ years for my money in terms of achievements and overall ability, but gets forgotten since few people care to watch the little guys (despite often producing incredible fights).
« Last Edit: March 11, 2022, 02:29:15 pm by 1892tillforever »

Offline Samie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #69671 on: March 11, 2022, 02:28:20 pm »
Joe Joyce is the other candidate to face AJ lads.  ;D

Offline 1892tillforever

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #69672 on: March 11, 2022, 02:32:05 pm »
Do NOT adjust your television sets, you have not accidentally pressed the slowdown button on your remote  ;D

It isn't a fight one would expect Joyce to win; though he is durable and IF he survives long enough, he could prey on Joshua's questionable stamina. However, I'd imagine he would get pummelled. I'd still back Joyce over Wilder mind  :lickin

Offline Lusty

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #69673 on: March 11, 2022, 02:41:32 pm »
I don't know what to think about Joe Joyce.  To my eyes he looks like a big stiff robot but he keeps winning doesn't he?

Think Joshua is on a different level to him but I've been wrong about Joyce every bloody time.

Offline 1892tillforever

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #69674 on: March 11, 2022, 02:44:55 pm »
I don't know what to think about Joe Joyce.  To my eyes he looks like a big stiff robot but he keeps winning doesn't he?

Think Joshua is on a different level to him but I've been wrong about Joyce every bloody time.
He gets hit far too often by fighters with less hand speed and power than Joshua. Unless he has Oliver McCall levels of punch resistance (or learns the basics of head movement), he's getting taken out sooner or later in a fight with Joshua.

Offline Clayton Bigsby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #69675 on: March 11, 2022, 04:12:13 pm »
Joshua batters him and if Wilder's hands are right he would 1 shot him. You simply cant take that many headshots against these guys

Offline Samie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #69676 on: March 11, 2022, 05:46:34 pm »
This is disrespectful to the Juggernaut lads.

Offline 1892tillforever

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #69677 on: March 11, 2022, 08:50:49 pm »
Joshua batters him and if Wilder's hands are right he would 1 shot him. You simply cant take that many headshots against these guys
I think you're overrating Wilder to be honest. He's knocked out a few stiffs recently but also took 8+ rounds to KO Arreola, Molina, Duhaupas, Szpilka and Stiverne went the full 12. None of those guys are much cop defensively yet Windmill took ages to beat them. If Wilder doesn't get him out if there in 5 or 6 he loses. Joyce can easily copy the leaning tactics of Fury and tire wilder out.

Unlike Joshua, Wilder has no jab and doesn't throw effective combos.
« Last Edit: March 11, 2022, 08:53:44 pm by 1892tillforever »

Offline Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #69678 on: March 12, 2022, 09:07:14 pm »
Any streams for Conlan fight?
Craig Burnley V West Ham - WEST HAM WIN - INCORRECT

Offline Samie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #69679 on: March 12, 2022, 09:41:12 pm »