Author Topic: League Cup  (Read 197219 times)

Offline TeddyTime33

• Legacy Fan
  • YNWA, Chester via Newtownards
Re: League Cup
« Reply #440 on: January 21, 2022, 08:05:41 pm »
Please delete if not appropriate but I'd happily swap a single on the Kop for Inter Milan (plus difference in money) for a final ticket. I know it's a wild long shot but wanted to get it out there in case by some stroke of luck someone fancies that.
single for the semi and you might get somewhere

Offline ldsn

• Kopite
« Reply #441 on: January 21, 2022, 08:31:09 pm »
single for the semi and you might get somewhere

Haha true, although getting ahead of ourselves there ;)

Offline PaulKS

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #442 on: January 21, 2022, 08:50:36 pm »
Thanks to everyone who has shared useful info in this thread. Two questions:

1 - if i'm guaranteed a ticket through going to three of the EFL games, do I need to register for the ballot or just log on from Monday 31st of January?

2 - do we know which part of Wembley we've been allocated? and how the categories 1-5 mentioned relate to this?

3 - where will be the best atmosphere, am assuming lowest tier, will it be like Anfield where behind the goal will be rowdier?

So with three we don’t need to register for anything?

Christ almighty

Baffling

Offline stonecold_jpm

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #443 on: January 21, 2022, 09:27:03 pm »
Christ almighty

Baffling

Blame the ridiculous pre register interest rubbish for everything else earlier on in the season as the only reason I even asked it. Couldn’t add us to the ACS back in September/October whenever it was you could choose your seats purely because of that crap as I hadn’t registered interest earlier in the summer even though there was plenty of space left on it.

Offline andy07

• Shat himself
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #444 on: January 22, 2022, 12:16:17 am »
Always happens, people don’t want to go to the earlier rounds because it is only The League Cup and a distraction from real football, yet suddenly want a day out at Wembley.  Some who have attended 2 games will miss out which is wrong in a 90000 capacity stadium where we should have at least a 40000 allocation.
We are Loyal Supporters

Offline TeddyTime33

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #445 on: January 22, 2022, 01:26:03 am »
Always happens, people don’t want to go to the earlier rounds because it is only The League Cup and a distraction from real football, yet suddenly want a day out at Wembley.  Some who have attended 2 games will miss out which is wrong in a 90000 capacity stadium where we should have at least a 40000 allocation.
yeah its a shame, plus plenty of empty seats at Leicester too with people who now have a chance at the final

Offline rewood

• Kopite
« Reply #446 on: January 22, 2022, 09:03:32 am »
Please delete if not appropriate but I'd happily swap a single on the Kop for Inter Milan (plus difference in money) for a final ticket. I know it's a wild long shot but wanted to get it out there in case by some stroke of luck someone fancies that.

I'll raise you, I've got two for Milan......!

Online Barrowred

• Kopite
« Reply #447 on: January 22, 2022, 10:25:09 am »
What are people's thoughts on the numbers around the ballot?
40k register for 20k tickets must be absolute worse case scenario?

Offline Istanbul5Star

• Main Stander
« Reply #448 on: January 22, 2022, 11:12:32 am »
Does anyone have a greater understanding of the workings of the ballot?

By that I mean, if I enter the ballot as a linked 4 with 3 other qualifying members, would that lower selection chances of securing tickets over say 4 single entries or 2 pairs?

I'm kind of leaning with the attitude of 'we all go or no one does' as the idea of having to decide 'who goes over who' is a drama I wouldn't want (even though as the main ticket purchaser I would probably stake a claim for first dibs!)

Just curious as to how the ballot system would register linked member/ST numbers as compared to a single entry member/ST.

Offline redandwhitekuyt

• Main Stander
  • YNWA
Re: League Cup final v Chelsea, Sunday 27th Feb @ 1630, selling details
« Reply #449 on: January 22, 2022, 11:13:19 am »
So couple of questions.

1) I am in the first sale so do I need to register? Its not entirely clear.

2) Can PRH buy in the second sale?

Out of interest do you know how many PRH there are and how many tickets you are able to buy?

Offline Thepooloflife

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice for the 97
« Reply #450 on: January 22, 2022, 12:23:20 pm »

3 - where will be the best atmosphere, am assuming lowest tier, will it be like Anfield where behind the goal will be rowdier?
Makes no odds..........Wembley atmosphere is shite wherever you are

Offline TeddyTime33

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #451 on: January 22, 2022, 03:00:07 pm »
Does anyone have a greater understanding of the workings of the ballot?

By that I mean, if I enter the ballot as a linked 4 with 3 other qualifying members, would that lower selection chances of securing tickets over say 4 single entries or 2 pairs?

I'm kind of leaning with the attitude of 'we all go or no one does' as the idea of having to decide 'who goes over who' is a drama I wouldn't want (even though as the main ticket purchaser I would probably stake a claim for first dibs!)

Just curious as to how the ballot system would register linked member/ST numbers as compared to a single entry member/ST.
I believe every allocation is given an equal chance of success regardless of how many tickets are applied for within that allocation, not sure how they work that out but you're probably best doing all 4 in one to avoid having to pick people over eachother

Offline AnthonyStabile

• Frankie Carbone... Freddy No Nose... "Naby Keita is a shithouse, pass it on."
  • Main Stander
« Reply #452 on: January 22, 2022, 04:12:30 pm »
Can’t get my head around this group ballot entry.

Understand that the groups are effectively entered as one ticket in the draw but if that happens and all of the groups entered were successful over the single entries surely they could mean all of the winners within the groups could equate to more than the total amount of tickets 🤷‍♂️. 

I.e if you had 100 people qualify and 70 tickets. 60 single entries and 8 groups of 5.

If it’s done as a one off draw how would you know how many tickets to pull without exceeding the total amount available? The first 8 out the bag could effectively take 40 tickets meaning only 30 left!

In previous ballots I remember them saying adult/juniors should enter as one and if the junior was successful and the adult unsuccessful then they’d box the adult as juniors can’t go alone but can’t see anything relating to this either.

« Last Edit: January 22, 2022, 04:16:29 pm by AnthonyStabile »

Offline VVM

• Kopite
  • OVER AN HOUR LEFT ESTIMATED TIME
« Reply #453 on: January 22, 2022, 04:12:52 pm »
I think I've heard in the past that there is about 4000 PRH's but that is probably just an educated guess more than anything.

We received 5,200 for Arsenal away so you would assume that is about the number on 3+.

Leaving about 28,300 for those in the 2+ ballot. (33,999 - 4000 - 5200)

We gave Arsenal (and presumably also Leicester) 5672 for the home leg, bringing our home capacity down to 47,722.

28,300 out of 47,722 is nearly 60% so worst case scenario is odds of 1/1.66 I work it out as.

Of course, 47,722 didn't go to both Leicester and Arsenal since they both went down to all members. I'd say a conservative estimate would be about 40,000 went to both. Making the odds of being successful in the ballot more like 70% or 1/1.4

Anyone feel free to correct me on any of that because I'm sure I've missed or overlooked something!

Offline TeddyTime33

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #454 on: January 22, 2022, 04:27:56 pm »
Can’t get my head around this group ballot entry.

Understand that the groups are effectively entered as one ticket in the draw but if that happens and all of the groups entered were successful over the single entries surely they could mean all of the winners within the groups could equate to more than the total amount of tickets 🤷‍♂️. 

I.e if you had 100 people qualify and 70 tickets. 60 single entries and 8 groups of 5.

If it’s done as a one off draw how would you know how many tickets to pull without exceeding the total amount available? The first 8 out the bag could effectively take 40 tickets meaning only 30 left!

In previous ballots I remember them saying adult/juniors should enter as one and if the junior was successful and the adult unsuccessful then they’d box the adult as juniors can’t go alone but can’t see anything relating to this either.
I agree mate doesn't make sense to me but I assume there is a method to it all

Offline TeddyTime33

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #455 on: January 22, 2022, 04:30:57 pm »
I think I've heard in the past that there is about 4000 PRH's but that is probably just an educated guess more than anything.

We received 5,200 for Arsenal away so you would assume that is about the number on 3+.

Leaving about 28,300 for those in the 2+ ballot. (33,999 - 4000 - 5200)

We gave Arsenal (and presumably also Leicester) 5672 for the home leg, bringing our home capacity down to 47,722.

28,300 out of 47,722 is nearly 60% so worst case scenario is odds of 1/1.66 I work it out as.

Of course, 47,722 didn't go to both Leicester and Arsenal since they both went down to all members. I'd say a conservative estimate would be about 40,000 went to both. Making the odds of being successful in the ballot more like 70% or 1/1.4

Anyone feel free to correct me on any of that because I'm sure I've missed or overlooked something!
you forgot to - the aways from the total so it's closer to 20,000

Offline AnthonyStabile

• Main Stander
« Reply #456 on: January 22, 2022, 04:32:03 pm »
Only thing that would make sense is the computer knows how many entrants are within each number and as they are drawn it deducts them from the pot of tickets until there’s none left but even then you could have one ticket left and a group ball is pulled which would then exceed the pot.

Torn here weather to enter as a group or take the chance with single entries 🤷‍♂️

Offline TeddyTime33

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #457 on: January 22, 2022, 04:42:58 pm »
Excuse my always faulty maths but I think I've worked out from Kyiv the following, the allocation was 16,626. There was 25,578 ballot applicants with a 1:3.7 chance. This works out at about 27%. Meaning about 6,900 tickets. This means that about 9,700 tickets were taken from the original allocation. If you add another 1000 away fans this time, you are looking at about 21,000 give or take. This obviously depend on take up from PRH etc which could overlap too and is really hard to judge
« Last Edit: January 22, 2022, 04:46:24 pm by TeddyTime33 »

Offline AnthonyStabile

• Main Stander
« Reply #458 on: January 22, 2022, 04:48:18 pm »
If you had 4 people eligible in the ballot would the odds of ALL being successful be lower if they entered as a group( 1 entry ) or individually (4 entries)?

Offline TeddyTime33

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #459 on: January 22, 2022, 04:51:26 pm »
If you had 4 people eligible in the ballot would the odds of ALL being successful be lower if they entered as a group( 1 entry ) or individually (4 entries)?
read above

Offline lfcrule6times

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #460 on: January 22, 2022, 05:03:33 pm »
Was there a ballot for the Villa semi in 2015? only did the homes and recall only two. Bolton and Blackburn at home, and managed to get a ticket. Can't remember if I got them in a ballot or not
★     ★     ★     ★     ★     ★

Offline VVM

• Kopite
  • OVER AN HOUR LEFT ESTIMATED TIME
« Reply #461 on: January 22, 2022, 05:10:00 pm »
you forgot to - the aways from the total so it's closer to 20,000

Ah so I did  :butt

I'll correct that to the following:

*23,800 out of 47,722 is nearly 50% so worst case scenario is odds of 1/2.

47,722 didn't go to both Leicester and Arsenal since they both went down to all members. I'd say a conservative estimate would be about 40,000 went to both. Making the odds of being successful in the ballot more like 60% or 1/1.66

Offline TeddyTime33

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #462 on: January 22, 2022, 05:22:53 pm »
Ah so I did  :butt

I'll correct that to the following:

*23,800 out of 47,722 is nearly 50% so worst case scenario is odds of 1/2.

47,722 didn't go to both Leicester and Arsenal since they both went down to all members. I'd say a conservative estimate would be about 40,000 went to both. Making the odds of being successful in the ballot more like 60% or 1/1.66
40,000 but also -6k with aways and then also PRH etc, you could easily get about 30k left. 25k applied for Kyiv ballot for reference

Offline ChrisLFCKOP

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #463 on: January 22, 2022, 05:58:17 pm »
Was there a ballot for the Villa semi in 2015? only did the homes and recall only two. Bolton and Blackburn at home, and managed to get a ticket. Can't remember if I got them in a ballot or not

No because we got through on a reply I think there was not enough time so it was a first come first serve basis on the sale.

Offline Schmarn

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #464 on: January 22, 2022, 06:05:56 pm »
40,000 but also -6k with aways and then also PRH etc, you could easily get about 30k left. 25k applied for Kyiv ballot for reference

I would expect a thousand or so to either not apply or forget to register in time.

Offline ScubaSteve

• Sworn enemy of SnorkelStephanie
  • Legacy Fan
  • Every other Saturday's me half day off......
« Reply #465 on: January 22, 2022, 06:21:23 pm »

Defo first come first serve. I remember thinking if we’d got through, there’d be no chance of a final ticket coz of the further reduced allocation and them going to STHs. The gap has narrowed a little between members and STHs in some respects

Offline AttaRed

• Main Stander
« Reply #466 on: January 22, 2022, 07:56:37 pm »
Do we expect the club to announce what the chances are of a ticket when the registration period ends? Like they did with Kiev.

Offline TeddyTime33

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #467 on: January 22, 2022, 08:00:08 pm »
Do we expect the club to announce what the chances are of a ticket when the registration period ends? Like they did with Kiev.
yeah but they might bury it somewhere deep like they did with the members ballot this season

Offline keano7

• Legacy Fan
  • Alonso follows it in!
« Reply #468 on: January 22, 2022, 08:01:09 pm »
You’d hope so. If everyone who applied was guaranteed then it would allow people to make arrangements earlier.
"Can't wait for this one me mates picking me up in a van"

Offline ScubaSteve

• Sworn enemy of SnorkelStephanie
  • Legacy Fan
  • Every other Saturday's me half day off......
« Reply #469 on: January 22, 2022, 08:07:30 pm »
You’d hope so. If everyone who applied was guaranteed then it would allow people to make arrangements earlier.

Would love a guaranteed as it’ll be a first come first serve fight out for the cheapest seats haha 

Offline Shanklygates

• This is not a Custom Title.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The runaway train.....
« Reply #470 on: January 22, 2022, 09:15:48 pm »
In case this helps anyone wondering where the different prices are:

Sorry for the small size but this is almost up to limit
We are a team of one half.

Offline andy07

• Shat himself
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #471 on: January 22, 2022, 09:35:02 pm »
Cat 5s please.  Hopefully will get our lot sorted. 
We are Loyal Supporters

Offline AttaRed

• Main Stander
« Reply #472 on: January 22, 2022, 09:50:27 pm »

This was my thinking

Offline RandalstownRed

• Main Stander
« Reply #473 on: January 22, 2022, 09:55:39 pm »
Any charter train info?

Offline stevienash

• Legacy Fan
  • 'White liquid in a bottle has to be milk.'"
« Reply #474 on: January 22, 2022, 11:25:10 pm »
Any charter train info?

WTF? There won’t be any charter train 😂

Offline andy07

• Shat himself
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #475 on: January 22, 2022, 11:32:47 pm »
WTF? There won’t be any charter train 😂

Ahh the special trains.  40 yrs ago we would go back to Wembley Central and whatever number of specials would fill up, first stop Crewe then selected stations into Lime Street.  One train would fill and depart and the next would pull into the platform.  Everyone back home in plenty of time for bevs with your mates. 

We are Loyal Supporters

Offline stevienash

• Legacy Fan
  • 'White liquid in a bottle has to be milk.'"
« Reply #476 on: January 22, 2022, 11:35:48 pm »
Ahh the special trains.  40 yrs ago we would go back to Wembley Central and whatever number of specials would fill up, first stop Crewe then selected stations into Lime Street.  One train would fill and depart and the next would pull into the platform.  Everyone back home in plenty of time for bevs with your mates.

Would of love to done this… closet I got was train from Lviv to kyiv when the whole train was full of reds for 7 hours…. Some train ride that

Offline John_P

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #477 on: January 22, 2022, 11:42:36 pm »
Went on a charter train to Wembley Central from Liverpool South Parkway for the 2012 League Cup Final.
"I must go to the hospital because the injury was so serious that maybe he will be there for one week,"

Gamertag: Chosen John

Offline andy07

• Shat himself
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #478 on: January 22, 2022, 11:58:19 pm »
Would of love to done this… closet I got was train from Lviv to kyiv when the whole train was full of reds for 7 hours…. Some train ride that

Great fun all round.  Should be match finishes 18;30, 18:45 after we receive the trophy, trains leaving 19:15, 19:25:,19:35 and so on. We used to manage it no problems.  How times change.
We are Loyal Supporters

Offline RandalstownRed

• Main Stander
« Reply #479 on: January 23, 2022, 07:29:05 am »
Exactly so did I. Why wouldnt travel companies run these at a big margin?