Author Topic: Formula 1 2024 season  (Read 30194 times)

Online jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
Re: Formula 1 2024 season
« Reply #440 on: March 7, 2024, 01:57:32 pm »
I think it was emailed to hundreds of journalists.

Wow...
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline Raid

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #441 on: March 7, 2024, 02:12:27 pm »
From an employment law perspective, Red Bull's case is likely to be that the Grievance Policy and Procedure was followed, it was found to be not upheld, and there has now been a breach of privacy and confidentiality with the potential/alleged leaks to other teams and the papers, leading to a potential breakdown in confidence in the employer/employee relationship.

On the allegations against Horner themselves, whether you think there's much in the content of the messages that he sent or not, the fact remains that he is in an extremely senior and powerful position at Red Bull and therefore his behaviour towards a junior member of staff is unacceptable. The optics aren't fantastic here from Red Bull.

Offline paulrazor

• Dreams of a handjob from Timmy Mallett. Chronicler of seasons past. Cares more than Prelude Nr 5, or does he? No chance of getting a banana at his house.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Take me 2 the magic of the moment on a glory night
« Reply #442 on: March 7, 2024, 02:29:01 pm »
If she leaked it then her position has to come under question too (Excuse the pun, christian dont get excited)

however it is not a good look if she is suspended and Horner gets off scot free
yer ma should have called you Paolo Zico Gerry Socrates HELLRAZOR

Offline Vegeta

• Is definitely a vegetable. All posts stink like sprouts.
  • Anny Roader
« Reply #443 on: March 7, 2024, 02:42:16 pm »
I mean, I'm not even sure what Horner is guilty of apart from possibly having an affair based on the evidence we have seen. Everyone is just assuming the man is guilty and the woman is innocent in all of this. Have we not learned from the Amber Heard case to make judgments based on stereotypes? The woman was pretty much in a consenting relationship from all the texts I have seen, not forced or blackmailed or anything. It's not like this is the Vince McMahon case.
« Last Edit: March 7, 2024, 02:48:47 pm by Vegeta »
150 IQ never wrong.

Offline paulrazor

• Dreams of a handjob from Timmy Mallett. Chronicler of seasons past. Cares more than Prelude Nr 5, or does he? No chance of getting a banana at his house.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #444 on: March 7, 2024, 02:51:34 pm »
The leaked messages he is constantly pestering her for pictures and asking what she wears etc

also pretty much says he wanked off on a plane about her

Whole thing is a mess anyway

Offline Redley

• Legacy Fan
  • Turned doubters to believers
« Reply #445 on: March 7, 2024, 02:52:12 pm »
I mean, I'm not even sure what Horner is guilty of apart from possibly having an affair based on the evidence we have seen. Everyone is just assuming the man is guilty and the woman is innocent in all of this. Have we not learned from the Amber Heard case to make judgments based on stereotypes? The woman was pretty much in a consenting relationship from all the texts I have seen, not forced or blackmailed or anything. It's not like this is the Vince McMahon case.

What evidence have you seen?

Offline Libertine

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nothing behind me, everything ahead of me
« Reply #446 on: March 7, 2024, 02:57:35 pm »
The two top stories on BBC sport:

"Woman who accused Horner suspended by Red Bull"

"Verstappen fastest in Saudi GP first practice"

A sport with many issues......

Online jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #447 on: March 7, 2024, 03:03:25 pm »

The main point from this is he,'s a senior manager who should know better than go pesrering a junior member of the team. Or perhaps you think it's something he should be able to do. 🙄

Offline Redley

• Legacy Fan
  • Turned doubters to believers
« Reply #448 on: March 7, 2024, 03:06:26 pm »
The two top stories on BBC sport:

"Woman who accused Horner suspended by Red Bull"

"Verstappen fastest in Saudi GP first practice"

A sport with many issues......

Its certainly a fitting backdrop

Offline west_london_red

• Knows his stuff - pull the udder one! RAWK's Dairy Queen.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • watching me? but whose watching you watching me?
« Reply #449 on: March 7, 2024, 05:54:25 pm »
If she leaked it then her position has to come under question too (Excuse the pun, christian dont get excited)

however it is not a good look if she is suspended and Horner gets off scot free

It looks absolutely awful for Red Bull which to me means there must have been a very good why they suspended her, forget the Red Bull F1 team, the Red Bull brand has suffered already and is now suffering more if the alleged victim of sexual harassment has been suspended so I can only see that happening as a last resort for Red Bull because something big has come up.
Thinking is overrated.
The mind is a tool, it's not meant to be used that much.
Rest, love, observe. Laugh.

Offline Romford_Red

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #450 on: March 7, 2024, 06:14:53 pm »
changing the price of something while you're wating to pay for it due to their own slowness is pretty fucking scandalous really.

I watch quite a few sports, and have attended pretty much all of them at some point, but never f1. not sure why but something about it just doesn't really appeal to me.

Well you can get the same experience for free by getting 20 mates to drive in an unchanging order around the local ring road, while you sit on one particular corner and see them go past 60-70 times.

Offline Lad

• Legacy Fan
  • Press your space face close to mine love.
« Reply #451 on: March 7, 2024, 06:47:14 pm »
The main point from this is he,'s a senior manager who should know better than go pesrering a junior member of the team. Or perhaps you think it's something he should be able to do. 🙄

I may have missed it but has Horner ever said at any point that the text messages have nothing to do with him?  Not me guvnor.

Offline dai_bonehead

• Kopite
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #452 on: March 7, 2024, 11:01:09 pm »
He should resign or take a sabbaticalSimple as.

Online TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #453 on: March 8, 2024, 07:25:05 am »
I may have missed it but has Horner ever said at any point that the text messages have nothing to do with him?  Not me guvnor.
No.

He’s said he’s not going to comment on anonymous emails

Which is basically confirmation they are true in my book
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline Persephone

• Legacy Fan
  • Who ate all the bloody Pringles?
« Reply #454 on: March 8, 2024, 07:31:30 am »
He is her boss, at the very least it is unprofessional and a fireable offense in many companies. If the texts are to be believed he continued to solicit her for sex after she ended the relationship.

https://www.theguardian.com/law/2022/jun/02/johnny-depp-amber-heard-libel-outcomes-differ-us-uk
The Johnny Depp case proved WHY women can't win against a beloved wealthy man. The entire case was showmanship and her lawyers were incompetent. Depp has multiple assault cases and claims against him, some of which he admitted. He is no victim. Neither is Horny.
« Last Edit: March 8, 2024, 07:35:57 am by Persephone »
I’ve plenty links to the clubs playing and backroom staff as many on here know thank you very much. Fair enough, I admire your optimism. But you’re absolute ostriches if you think this squad, even with 2 or 3 new, “cut price” players with potential get us anywhere close

Offline duvva 💅

• lippa RAWK Diivva, broke Kenny's sky
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • LFC Quiz Rivals Most Hated
« Reply #455 on: March 8, 2024, 09:28:00 am »
He is her boss, at the very least it is unprofessional and a fireable offense in many companies. If the texts are to be believed he continued to solicit her for sex after she ended the relationship.

https://www.theguardian.com/law/2022/jun/02/johnny-depp-amber-heard-libel-outcomes-differ-us-uk
The Johnny Depp case proved WHY women can't win against a beloved wealthy man. The entire case was showmanship and her lawyers were incompetent. Depp has multiple assault cases and claims against him, some of which he admitted. He is no victim. Neither is Horny.
I’m not sure how you can be so certain in a case like this, it’s sounds like at least one of them was

On another note, is it a qualifying day today?
« Last Edit: March 8, 2024, 09:30:03 am by duvva 💅 »
"If you don't limit yourself with bad thoughts, you can fly" - Jurgen Klopp

Offline Graeme

• Slightly Undergay RAWK PC Support
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #456 on: March 8, 2024, 09:34:43 am »
Depp has multiple assault cases and claims against him, some of which he admitted. He is no victim

Not to derail the discussion, but that's a really poor comparison. Anything Depp did or didn't do previously was irrelevant to the case. I'm sure some of the things Heard accused Depp of may have happened, but she was a dreadful witness and got caught telling lies at numerous times during the trial and it destroyed her credibility as a witness. Heard and Depp were as bad as each other.

Offline Persephone

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #457 on: March 8, 2024, 10:22:08 am »
Not to derail the discussion, but that's a really poor comparison. Anything Depp did or didn't do previously was irrelevant to the case. I'm sure some of the things Heard accused Depp of may have happened, but she was a dreadful witness and got caught telling lies at numerous times during the trial and it destroyed her credibility as a witness. Heard and Depp were as bad as each other.
The entire US court case was a clown show, and both came off terribly. However she's the one that gets mocked because she dared to accuse a very popular man of being a scumbag. When he so obviously is, and a UK judge agreed with her.

Anyway I digress, RBR are a clown show but at least something is interesting while Max rides off into the dust.
« Last Edit: March 8, 2024, 10:24:02 am by Persephone »
I’ve plenty links to the clubs playing and backroom staff as many on here know thank you very much. Fair enough, I admire your optimism. But you’re absolute ostriches if you think this squad, even with 2 or 3 new, “cut price” players with potential get us anywhere close

Offline Romford_Red

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #458 on: March 8, 2024, 10:52:26 am »
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/n37djXaQwhY" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/n37djXaQwhY</a>

Offline paulrazor

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #459 on: March 8, 2024, 10:57:22 am »
:lmao

Offline Elzar

• train station gate frustration - delia smith fan club founder ('ave it!)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bam!
« Reply #460 on: March 8, 2024, 11:13:39 am »
I’m not sure how you can be so certain in a case like this, it’s sounds like at least one of them was

On another note, is it a qualifying day today?

5pm qualifying. Everyone watching will be preying Verstappen fucks up somehow.
We already have shit in the country, and the game of Liverpool fills life with joy. Thanks

Offline Ray K

• Loves a shiny helmet. The new IndyKalia.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Truthiness
« Reply #461 on: March 8, 2024, 11:34:47 am »
@andrewbensonf1
Carlos Sainz has been diagnosed with appendicitis and requires surgery, Ferrari say. He will be replaced by reserve driver, Briton Oliver Bearman, for the rest of the Saudi Arabian Grand Prix
"We have to change from doubters to believers"

Twitter: @rjkelly75

Offline Trump's tiny tiny hands

• Legacy Fan
  • Building steam with a grain of salt
« Reply #462 on: March 8, 2024, 11:38:44 am »
Jeez him putting his torso through those g forces yesterday doesn't look so smart now

Offline CornerFlag

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #463 on: March 8, 2024, 11:50:00 am »
Australia's two weeks away, does Sainz make it back for that?  Hopefully the surgery goes better than what happened to Alex Albon, I just re-read some of what happened to him and it seems a lot scarier than I remember.
My Twitter

Last time I went there I saw masturbating chimpanzees. Whether you think that's worthy of £22 is up to you. All I'll say is I now have an annual pass.

Offline paulrazor

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #464 on: March 8, 2024, 12:08:31 pm »
Australia's two weeks away, does Sainz make it back for that?  Hopefully the surgery goes better than what happened to Alex Albon, I just re-read some of what happened to him and it seems a lot scarier than I remember.
did his scars split or something?

Random one but in 1995 I think Andrea Montermini driving for Pacific GP raced about a week after his op

Mika Hakkinen had his done later in season too

Online bradders1011

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Eat your greens and sing your blues
« Reply #465 on: March 8, 2024, 12:17:16 pm »
What an opportunity for Bearman though. If he does well they've got to parachute him into a Haas seat.
If I were a linesman, I would execute defenders who applauded my offsides.

Offline CornerFlag

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #466 on: March 8, 2024, 12:20:48 pm »
did his scars split or something?
He had to be ventilated because he suffered respiratory failure post-anaesthetic.
My Twitter

Last time I went there I saw masturbating chimpanzees. Whether you think that's worthy of £22 is up to you. All I'll say is I now have an annual pass.

Offline voodoo ray

• Bng-bng, BNG-BNG-BNG, bng-bng, bng-bng.....Ooooh OOOOH ooooooooh AAAAAHHHHH ah-hah, yeah!
  • Legacy Fan
  • feck off
« Reply #467 on: March 8, 2024, 01:04:47 pm »
youngest ferrari driver ever apparently so, fair play.

Offline Romford_Red

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #468 on: March 8, 2024, 01:07:43 pm »
Manbearpig!

Offline Persephone

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #469 on: March 8, 2024, 01:32:23 pm »
@andrewbensonf1
Carlos Sainz has been diagnosed with appendicitis and requires surgery, Ferrari say. He will be replaced by reserve driver, Briton Oliver Bearman, for the rest of the Saudi Arabian Grand Prix
That sucks, wish him well. Carlos is having the shittiest start to 2024.

Offline Funky_Gibbons

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Follow the gourd
« Reply #470 on: March 8, 2024, 01:33:29 pm »
Bearman!! The latest super hero with the power of being able to sniff a picnic from over 20-miles away.
"And there are red and white scarves of Liverpool, and red and white bobble hats of Liverpool, and red and white rosettes of Liverpool, and nothing else. And the sun shines now."

Online TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #471 on: March 8, 2024, 01:50:12 pm »
Bearman!! The latest super hero with the power of being able to sniff a picnic from over 20-miles away.
:lmao
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Online jillcwhomever

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #472 on: March 8, 2024, 01:52:14 pm »
@andrewbensonf1

I wish Carlos all the best having appendicitis is no fun at all.

Offline Romford_Red

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #473 on: March 8, 2024, 02:07:48 pm »
I wish Carlos all the best having appendicitis is no fun at all.

I dunno. Call it the Appendix Challenge and stick it on TikTok and the kids'll fucking love it.

Offline Elzar

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bam!
« Reply #474 on: March 8, 2024, 02:16:34 pm »
red flag in practise, Zhou has spun into a wall.
We already have shit in the country, and the game of Liverpool fills life with joy. Thanks

Offline CornerFlag

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #475 on: March 8, 2024, 02:18:02 pm »
red flag in practise, Zhou has spun into a wall.
Proper binned it, wonder how tough it'll be to rebuild it before quali.

I think I want James Vowles to read me bedtime stories, his voice is so smooth...
My Twitter

Offline paulrazor

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #476 on: March 8, 2024, 02:55:31 pm »
He had to be ventilated because he suffered respiratory failure post-anaesthetic.
good lord

Offline voodoo ray

• Bng-bng, BNG-BNG-BNG, bng-bng, bng-bng.....Ooooh OOOOH ooooooooh AAAAAHHHHH ah-hah, yeah!
  • Legacy Fan
  • feck off
« Reply #477 on: March 8, 2024, 02:59:04 pm »

well that won't buff out.

Offline Elzar

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bam!
« Reply #478 on: March 8, 2024, 04:03:08 pm »
Even the F2 race has ‘VER’ in 1st position as Richard Verschoor leads the spring

Offline voodoo ray

• Legacy Fan
  • feck off
« Reply #479 on: March 8, 2024, 05:31:03 pm »
at best that's a procedural fuck-up. I noticed a car off the track when russell went past and the yellow (the red) didn't come out until over a minute later on.