Author Topic: Formula 1 2024 season  (Read 34843 times)

Offline Redley

• Legacy Fan
  • Turned doubters to believers
Re: Formula 1 2024 season
« Reply #520 on: March 10, 2024, 12:54:39 pm »
I've stopped watching altogether, however when I did, I REALLY liked the CH4 highlights. It boiled a 2 hour race down to 1 hour and I never felt like I lost anything.

At the moment I feel like you could boil it down to five minutes. The only jeopardy is who is going to get sacked by Red Bull

Offline TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #521 on: March 10, 2024, 12:57:01 pm »
At the moment I feel like you could boil it down to five minutes. The only jeopardy is who is going to get sacked by Red Bull
As long as that?
The start is about it really.
It’s like the Schumacher era, it killed it as a spectacle. But he wasn’t this dominant even.
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline Redley

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #522 on: March 10, 2024, 03:35:53 pm »
As long as that?
It’s like the Schumacher era, it killed it as a spectacle. But he wasn’t this dominant even.

It still felt like there was a shred of a chance that a McLaren might force its way in, it certainly wasn’t as clear a gap as right now.

Offline Funky_Gibbons

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Follow the gourd
« Reply #523 on: March 10, 2024, 03:40:52 pm »
The Mercedes, Ferrari and McClaren engineers should be embarrassed the gap is still so big after three years of these regulations.

But Pirelli aren’t helping things, how can you do 42-laps on the hard tyre and still set the fastest lap on the last lap. Hamilton and Norris on new softs were barely troubling Bearman on 42 lap old hards.

What happened to the tyres falling off a cliff to make racing more exciting and introduce more strategies?
"And there are red and white scarves of Liverpool, and red and white bobble hats of Liverpool, and red and white rosettes of Liverpool, and nothing else. And the sun shines now."

Offline paulrazor

• Dreams of a handjob from Timmy Mallett. Chronicler of seasons past. Cares more than Prelude Nr 5, or does he? No chance of getting a banana at his house.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Take me 2 the magic of the moment on a glory night
« Reply #524 on: March 11, 2024, 11:19:34 am »
I turned off with 15 laps to go

BORING
yer ma should have called you Paolo Zico Gerry Socrates HELLRAZOR

Offline Qston

• Loves a bit of monkey tennis and especially loves a bit of sausage relief......singularly though #sausage
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Believer
« Reply #525 on: March 11, 2024, 11:50:52 am »

BORING

Agreed. Even purists are struggling to find any semblance of enjoyment
"Just a normal lad from Liverpool whose dream has just come true" Trent June 1st 2019

Offline Redley

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #526 on: March 11, 2024, 12:47:47 pm »
The Mercedes, Ferrari and McClaren engineers should be embarrassed the gap is still so big after three years of these regulations.

But Pirelli aren’t helping things, how can you do 42-laps on the hard tyre and still set the fastest lap on the last lap. Hamilton and Norris on new softs were barely troubling Bearman on 42 lap old hards.

What happened to the tyres falling off a cliff to make racing more exciting and introduce more strategies?

Perfect storm really. Red Bull have by far the fastest car. Then the fastest driver, and a team mate who is nowhere near as quick...but still quick enough to finish 2nd most of the time. Hamilton has either lost it, to a degree, or is brutally demotivated. Leclerc is probably the next quickest driver but that Ferrari still looks a better qualifier than race car. You've then got some talented drivers in cars that just arent particularly quick.

Its all a bit of a shit show, and all against the backdrop of there being even more races. At this rate it could legit be finished by Monza, and then another 9 races after. No wonder Bahrain and Saudi want the early races, I imagine Qatar will follow suit.

Offline Funky_Gibbons

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Follow the gourd
« Reply #527 on: March 11, 2024, 04:16:15 pm »
Toto Wolff says that Mercedes’ W15 simulations don’t match what they find on track:

“We have a big problem. Our sensors and simulations say that in a certain speed range we should have a certain amount of aerodynamic load but in reality we don't.”

Wow, three years in and they're still getting shit simulation data.
"And there are red and white scarves of Liverpool, and red and white bobble hats of Liverpool, and red and white rosettes of Liverpool, and nothing else. And the sun shines now."

Offline Mark Walters

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #528 on: March 11, 2024, 05:24:14 pm »
As long as that?
Agree with this.  Used to watch the first 10 or so minutes during the Schumacher era and generally (literally) fell asleep for the rest of the race. It's got to that stage again but these days I don't even bother watching the first 10 minutes so no sleep. I'm knackered!
"Maybe in life it's impossible to give 100 per cent to your job. Okay, I'll accept 98 per cent" Rafa Benitez

Offline Dave McCoy

• "Don't you know who I am?!"
  • Legacy Fan
  • 11,053ft up
« Reply #529 on: March 12, 2024, 02:58:30 am »
Is this season over already? Sure feels like it. Tell me again how adding a new team would make no sense? Outside of the shenanigans behind the scenes this is just a snoozer.

Offline Romford_Red

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #530 on: March 12, 2024, 06:53:33 pm »
Toto Wolff says that Mercedes’ W15 simulations don’t match what they find on track:

“We have a big problem. Our sensors and simulations say that in a certain speed range we should have a certain amount of aerodynamic load but in reality we don't.”

Wow, three years in and they're still getting shit simulation data.

This is my issue with limiting testing time. How on earth are teams supposed to make ground on a dominant team?

Offline jason42

• .....aka jason23
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • THE REAL TRUTH- "Liverpool fans were not to blame"
« Reply #531 on: March 12, 2024, 09:49:18 pm »

BORING

I haven't even watched the these first two races. I recorded them as I was busy with other things but did not bother watching them once I knew the results.
Quote from: macca888 link=topic=276522
Came to this thread a bit late, but from what I've read, the real relationship trouble is not between you and your girl, but between you and a small box of Tampax. You obviously need something more substantial in your life like a huge Costco sized box of jam rags, seeing as you're such a massive fucking quim

Offline CornerFlag

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #532 on: March 13, 2024, 11:34:40 am »
I haven't even watched the these first two races. I recorded them as I was busy with other things but did not bother watching them once I knew the results.
Probably worth blasting through the C4 highlights to catch some bits but yeah, you're not missing much.  Thinking throwing in some blue shells wouldn't go amiss this year...
My Twitter

Last time I went there I saw masturbating chimpanzees. Whether you think that's worthy of £22 is up to you. All I'll say is I now have an annual pass.

Online reddebs

• areddwarfis4lifenotjust4xmas
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #533 on: March 13, 2024, 11:42:00 am »
Agreed. Even purists are struggling to find any semblance of enjoyment

Paul only watches the cars racing for the other places now and gets really pissed off when the cameras pan to the Max crossing the line.

Like he says, who gives a fuck that he's won yet another race uncontested, the real racing is happening behind him. 

I stopped watching a few years ago after the farce with Lewis, I did the same with Schumacher when he was out of sight after 2 laps every race.

Online boots

• upon a hippo only look good if they match the tutu - fact! Oor Wullie, Your Wullie, A'Buddy's Wullie.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Klopptimistic
« Reply #534 on: March 13, 2024, 11:46:34 am »
I am surprised people still watch this charade. It is a corrupt activity. I wont call it a sport as it is not. Its predetermined.
Typing with my finger on my computer. Other appendages are available.

Offline clinical

• incision required - a bad case of an urgent rawkectomy? "And of course I've got this terrible pain in all the diodes down my left side."
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #535 on: March 13, 2024, 12:08:49 pm »
Even in the Merc days the redbull used to win on tracks where engine power was less important. Strong case they've had the best aero package for the last 15 years.
Thank Fowler we're not getting Caulker

Offline gazzalfc

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Well done boys, Good Process
« Reply #536 on: March 21, 2024, 10:41:23 am »
Suzi Wolff starting legal action against the FIA

Oh and the FIA Ethics Committee 'unanimously' cleared the FIA President over trying to overturn an Alonso penalty and attempting to not give a licence for the Las Vegas GP

Online voodoo ray

• Bng-bng, BNG-BNG-BNG, bng-bng, bng-bng.....Ooooh OOOOH ooooooooh AAAAAHHHHH ah-hah, yeah!
  • Legacy Fan
  • feck off
« Reply #537 on: March 21, 2024, 10:50:12 am »
Asked whether Mohammed Ben Sulayem still had Hamilton's confidence as FIA president, Hamilton said: "(He) never has."

Offline Funky_Gibbons

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Follow the gourd
« Reply #538 on: March 21, 2024, 11:38:44 am »
Suzi Wolff starting legal action against the FIA

Oh and the FIA Ethics Committee 'unanimously' cleared the FIA President over trying to overturn an Alonso penalty and attempting to not give a licence for the Las Vegas GP
Asked whether Mohammed Ben Sulayem still had Hamilton's confidence as FIA president, Hamilton said: "(He) never has."
Action off the track is far more exciting than anything happening on track.

Offline paulrazor

• Dreams of a handjob from Timmy Mallett. Chronicler of seasons past. Cares more than Prelude Nr 5, or does he? No chance of getting a banana at his house.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #539 on: March 21, 2024, 12:14:02 pm »
Action off the track is far more exciting than anything happening on track.
Never a good thing

The sport is a mess right now

Offline gazzalfc

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #540 on: March 21, 2024, 10:26:04 pm »
Probably the most entertaining thing to happen in the world of F1 this season  :lmao

<a href="https://youtube.com/v/xVhRm0eJ4A4?si=Ivil8QAoslE5OMRd" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://youtube.com/v/xVhRm0eJ4A4?si=Ivil8QAoslE5OMRd</a>

Offline gazzalfc

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #541 on: March 22, 2024, 08:38:19 am »
Some drama in F3 practice where Nikola Tsolov basically drove Alex Dunne into the wall for weaving in front of him while he was on a faster lap

https://twitter.com/thef1journal_/status/1770943534855524742?t=RfyCaKP22agNOMqs4lgEYQ&s=19

https://twitter.com/markwebbah/status/1770943113160532094?t=B6gwTlth8JNrOT2I6t5BaQ&s=19

Tsolov got a 3 place grid penalty and Dunne a reprimand for not checking his mirrors better
« Last Edit: March 22, 2024, 08:59:38 am by gazzalfc »

Online voodoo ray

• Bng-bng, BNG-BNG-BNG, bng-bng, bng-bng.....Ooooh OOOOH ooooooooh AAAAAHHHHH ah-hah, yeah!
  • Legacy Fan
  • feck off
« Reply #542 on: March 22, 2024, 08:41:52 am »
I see sky are promoting their 'new studio' basically meaning they couldn't very arsed to fly a presenting team out to the race.

Offline Funky_Gibbons

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Follow the gourd
« Reply #543 on: March 22, 2024, 09:15:46 am »
I remember waking up early on Sunday's to go and watch this race, am I fuck this year.

Offline Redley

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #544 on: March 22, 2024, 09:19:31 am »
Lewis Hamilton in the second Mercedes was 18th fastest, struggling for pace on both qualifying-style runs and race simulations. He said over the radio that "something's wrong".

After the session, he said: "I don't feel great. One of the worst sessions I've had for a long time. In P1, it felt quite good. The car in P1 run one felt the best it's ever felt and then it got worse and worse. We made some big changes into P2 and it was tough.

"After that session, I feel the least confident I have ever felt with this car but there are positives from the P1 run we did."

Team principal Toto Wolff said it had been "not a good day".

At this point it feels like Toto is doing a remarkable job in keeping his position. Fallen behind Ferrari and McLaren, and only above Aston Martin because they've got two class drivers and Aston have Lance Stroll.

Offline Graeme

• Slightly Undergay RAWK PC Support
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #545 on: March 22, 2024, 09:25:08 am »
I see sky are promoting their 'new studio' basically meaning they couldn't very arsed to fly a presenting team out to the race.

To be fair, that's as a result of the ridiculous F1 calendar we have today. For a few years now Brundle hasn't attended all races and from this year David Croft isn't attending them all either. Pretty sure Toto misses races now and again too? The teams don't have a choice generally and will always need most of their raceday people trackside, but the demands are getting too great. I'd imagine Sky were facing a situation of potentially losing some of their presenting team in the face of far too much travel, especially for those with families.
« Last Edit: March 22, 2024, 09:45:36 am by Graeme »

Offline bradders1011

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Eat your greens and sing your blues
« Reply #546 on: March 22, 2024, 10:21:30 am »
Williams have given Sargeant's car to Albon. Pretty much a show of 0 faith.
If I were a linesman, I would execute defenders who applauded my offsides.

Offline paulrazor

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #547 on: March 22, 2024, 10:34:09 am »
Some drama in F3 practice where Nikola Tsolov basically drove Alex Dunne into the wall for weaving in front of him while he was on a faster lap

https://twitter.com/thef1journal_/status/1770943534855524742?t=RfyCaKP22agNOMqs4lgEYQ&s=19

https://twitter.com/markwebbah/status/1770943113160532094?t=B6gwTlth8JNrOT2I6t5BaQ&s=19

Tsolov got a 3 place grid penalty and Dunne a reprimand for not checking his mirrors better
Tsolov should be banned from the race for that, that is just disgraceful

Williams have given Sargeant's car to Albon. Pretty much a show of 0 faith.
Would be fuming if I was Sargeant

Offline Paul JH

• Elmer Fudd. I'm a witch! A WITCH!
  • Legacy Fan
  • "Don't do drugs..."
« Reply #548 on: March 22, 2024, 10:45:42 am »
It's painfully bad now, and has been since Hamilton was swindled out of the title. At least then it went down to the last race.

It's terribly run, veering towards the Superbowl in terms of show and everything outside the actual race being more important to the owners... you can watch the 8 minutes Youtube highlights of a race and even then it's not that interesting.
Sarcastic Net Pest and Sanctimonious Arse.

Offline gazzalfc

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #549 on: March 22, 2024, 10:57:38 am »
That is disgusting behaviour by Williams. Firstly for not having a 3rd chassis there ready to go and then binning off Sargeant for actions out of his control.

Offline bradders1011

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Eat your greens and sing your blues
« Reply #550 on: March 22, 2024, 11:02:34 am »
Pathetic, but wouldn't go as far as disgusting. No room for sentiment and logically Albon is just a better bet for nicking points. If he can keep it out of the Albert Park wall for the first time in a while.

I loved Williams, grew up supporting them, but what 'value' do Hedge Fund F1 bring to the sport that Andretti or other potential constructors apparently don't? That story in the week that they're still tracking build and inventory in Excel...
If I were a linesman, I would execute defenders who applauded my offsides.

Offline paulrazor

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #551 on: March 22, 2024, 11:06:06 am »
Not disputing Albon is better but Sargeant is being punished for a mistake he team mate made

Offline gazzalfc

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #552 on: March 22, 2024, 11:14:46 am »
Pathetic, but wouldn't go as far as disgusting. No room for sentiment and logically Albon is just a better bet for nicking points. If he can keep it out of the Albert Park wall for the first time in a while.

If you're driving in F1, even if you are driving a Williams, you're driving to win a race. Even if you have a punchers chance. A Leicester winning the league chance. A Liverpool 3-0 down in a champions league final chance. But if you are not in the car, then you dont have that chance. There could be a massive pile up on lap one and Sargeant could be the one leading and winning the race. Thats the kind of mentality you should have as a driver.

I'm sure they ran the simulators and have had the call from the sponsors etc that Albon has to drive. But if you put your $15m car into the wall during a practice session and your team haven't got a spare there, then you don't treat your number 2 drivers car as the T-car and just say 'oh you sit this one out'. That is disgusting
« Last Edit: March 22, 2024, 11:30:20 am by gazzalfc »

Offline Graeme

• Slightly Undergay RAWK PC Support
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #553 on: March 22, 2024, 11:17:56 am »
Reminds me of Silverstone 2010. Red Bull had two new better spec front wings. Vettel broke his in practice, so for qualifying and the race they took the new one off Webber's car and put it on Vettel's.

Offline paulrazor

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #554 on: March 22, 2024, 08:51:43 pm »
Reminds me of Silverstone 2010. Red Bull had two new better spec front wings. Vettel broke his in practice, so for qualifying and the race they took the new one off Webber's car and put it on Vettel's.
and Webber won

Not bad for a number 2 driver

Online voodoo ray

• Legacy Fan
  • feck off
« Reply #555 on: March 23, 2024, 12:58:39 am »
To be fair, that's as a result of the ridiculous F1 calendar we have today. For a few years now Brundle hasn't attended all races and from this year David Croft isn't attending them all either. Pretty sure Toto misses races now and again too? The teams don't have a choice generally and will always need most of their raceday people trackside, but the demands are getting too great. I'd imagine Sky were facing a situation of potentially losing some of their presenting team in the face of far too much travel, especially for those with families.

that's why they rotated the presenting crews and the only person who did all the races last season was croft. for them not to send anyone at all in a presenter/pundit category is a new one.

and what williams have done (barring the stupidity in not having a spare chassis) is the right thing to do for the team. albon may chuck it into the gravel at turn 1 but he's by far the better driver and has a much better chance of getting a result.

Online voodoo ray

• Legacy Fan
  • feck off
« Reply #556 on: March 23, 2024, 10:15:16 am »
congratulations to verstappen for another f1 race win tomorrow yawn. I usually record these races and stick them on sunday mornings but I'm not going to bother on this occasion.

Offline b_joseph

• b_jesus, b_mary, b_joseph and the wee b_donkey. Unloyal gloryhunter who was probably Kelly Osbourne in another life.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #557 on: March 24, 2024, 05:32:46 am »
Well that was a little hectic. Good for Carlos!

Mercedes are done. Haas double points...what a morning

Offline Redley

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #558 on: March 24, 2024, 08:17:49 am »
Swapping Sainz for Hamilton is already aging really badly and it’s not even happening for nearly a year

Online voodoo ray

• Legacy Fan
  • feck off
« Reply #559 on: March 24, 2024, 09:04:12 am »
Oh well, maybe I should have recorded that race to watch after all. No matter