Author Topic: Everton - The 777 Unflushables  (Read 715015 times)

Offline Black Bull Nova

• emo
  • Legacy Fan
  • The cheesy side of town
Re: Everton - The 777 Unflushables
« Reply #12880 on: May 1, 2024, 02:53:10 pm »
This is why any new PL rules need careful consideration, saying clubs can spend 4.5 times the revenue of the lowest earner just allows clubs to spend more than they have. It can't just be a salary cap because clubs will get round that and they will also spend money on other things (like an uneconomic new ground say) and claim exemption. The PL allowed Everton to get away with it years ago so they took the piss in recent years and spent money they would never have. Now they are spending money they do not have just to chase the old debts and avoid a relegation that, 2 years ago, may have actually helped them.

Their whole strategy now appears to be based on getting to the transfer window, selling Branthwaite, Calvert-Lewin and Onana for £2bn and limping into next season on the back of Burnley cast-offs.
aarf, aarf, aarf.

Offline TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #12881 on: May 1, 2024, 04:40:56 pm »
No, that's RMF (Rights and Media Funding). MSP is the one involved with the guy from Erasure.

It is hard to keep track of the various shysters funding them all right.
They owe pretty much the same to 777 as they owe to R&M. :lmao
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline Peabee

• SKPB! Is goin' down der Asd.....der Waitrose.....anyone wannany hummus?
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12882 on: May 1, 2024, 04:59:20 pm »
We'll all be seeing adverts soon: "Do Everton owe YOU money? Call 0800 777 666 to make a CLAIM"
We aren't walking through the storm now - we are the storm.

Offline Brain Potter

• Embarrassing. Likes to listen through the walls....Auralist Extrodinaire!
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #12883 on: May 1, 2024, 04:59:40 pm »
So, anybody taking over ( if not 777) is taking over 500 mill of debt (approx) , the bill to complete a stadium build, and have to pay Moshiri his asking price…
I may be wrong, but nobody (surely) will take this on…I think they are past saving..

Offline Black Bull Nova

• emo
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12884 on: May 1, 2024, 05:06:41 pm »
I hope they really enjoyed the Derby.

Seems like they are the snakes and ladders club of football and they've had no real ladders. Now after their big ladder last week they have reached the point where the big, slippery snake that takes you all they way down has to be confronted.
aarf, aarf, aarf.

Offline Statto Red

• Hung like a sperm whale but only around the middle. Proud owner of a couple of spare arms, although is pits pong like the bins, not very appealing. Bambi on ice.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Kloppite
« Reply #12885 on: May 1, 2024, 05:19:53 pm »
So, anybody taking over ( if not 777) is taking over 500 mill of debt (approx) , the bill to complete a stadium build, and have to pay Moshiri his asking price…
I may be wrong, but nobody (surely) will take this on…I think they are past saving..

If they go into administration, i think a couple of other buyers will line up to buy them, it's because of the debt that no one other than 777 wants to buy them.

I still say this, if 777 do buy them, they will offload the football side of things [certainly within a couple of years] & keep the stadium in their portfolio of companies.

#Sausages

Offline rafathegaffa83

• Legacy Fan
  • Dutch Class
« Reply #12886 on: May 1, 2024, 05:22:58 pm »
This is why any new PL rules need careful consideration, saying clubs can spend 4.5 times the revenue of the lowest earner just allows clubs to spend more than they have. It can't just be a salary cap because clubs will get round that and they will also spend money on other things (like an uneconomic new ground say) and claim exemption. The PL allowed Everton to get away with it years ago so they took the piss in recent years and spent money they would never have. Now they are spending money they do not have just to chase the old debts and avoid a relegation that, 2 years ago, may have actually helped them.

Personally, I think the current system shows it is working, it is just the corresponding punishments are being meted out half-heartedly. Whatever system they do end up working out, they need to go over it with a fine tooth comb to ensure it is watertight from clubs exploiting loopholes. Aligning with UEFA's 70% squad rule is likely to have a significant impact on clubs like Everton who can't magically create sponsorship deals to bolster their revenue.

Offline Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
  • Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to
« Reply #12887 on: May 1, 2024, 05:24:43 pm »
I hope they really enjoyed the Derby.

Seems like they are the snakes and ladders club of football and they've had no real ladders. Now after their big ladder last week they have reached the point where the big, slippery snake that takes you all they way down has to be confronted.

They're immune. You'll never flush these.
Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season

Offline fridgepants

• Main Stander
  • They should let everybody be a giant for a day
« Reply #12888 on: May 1, 2024, 05:25:11 pm »
Does the stadium wholly belong to Everton FC, or is it partly owned by the Council? Just thinking about the Etihad/former Manchester Commonwealth Games stadium, which is still owned by Manchester City Council IIRC ie. City couldn't sell it on if they wanted to. Makes me wonder who would get the profit out of having things like events there (I assume the idea behind it was that it was multi-use to bring in revenue?) and the Euros hosting.

Offline DonkeyWan

• ker. Football Genius, Generously gives Young Jürgen pointers to help him improve.
  • Legacy Fan
  • I never met a man who wasn't...
« Reply #12889 on: May 1, 2024, 05:27:48 pm »
So, in numbers (i.e. what I have gleaned from various internet sources):

Moshiri wants offers in excess of £500m for his 94.1% share. 777 are supposed to have offered £550m.

In total he has invested an estimated £750m (though the Guardian reckons there were a lot ofd gifts from Usmanov).
https://www.theguardian.com/business/2023/sep/26/everton-fc-owner-alisher-usmanov-farhad-moshiri

In their 2023 accounts they reported debt of £330m. Much of that related to the £449m attributed to the stadium spend.
https://theathletic.com/5381429/2024/04/01/everton-accounts-moshiri-bramley-moore-psr/

Since then this debt has increeased to over £500m, again much of this related to the stadium spend, but increasingly to day-to-day operations, as well as interest payments on borrowings. The stadium (originally priced at £550m) is now costed at £760m, a figure that has become a part of the required assurances for the 777 takeover. Whether or not borrowings to date will cover the completion of the stadium is unclear, but it's quite likely that Everton do not have the final funds in place to finish the stadium.

Personally I believe the stadium will be finished, it's about the only thing of value the club have to offer. previously I had opined they would never build the stadium, but that was because I never anticipated they would near bankrupt themselves to do so.

So, what is owed?

In September 2019 Everton opened a credit line with Rights and Media Funding (RMF). These are the ones with 0 employees that magic the money out of the ether. They now owe RMF £225m at 10.25% interst per annum. I would say these numbers are reported differently elsewhere, but most hover around trhe £200m mark. That loan is secured against property around Goodison.

MSP are the Andy Bell group. They loaned somewhere around £158m. They secured that loan against the new stadium and Moshiri's share (51% of it). They had an option to buy if the loan period ran out. It did, but they chose to extend rather than buy.
https://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/everton-takeover-777-partners-loan-b2529346.html
There are questions over whether they have the funds to complete a takeover and finish the stadium.

777 partners Are the front runners for the takeover. They are basically buying businesses then using them as collateral to borrow more money to buy more businesses. They need to keep moving, if they stop they die. Currently they are stopped and everything is falling apart for them. They desperately need Everton so they can continue their borrowing. To support this they are borrowing against their existing portfolio. However, what was supposed to be a quick purchase of a distressed asset has dragged on and exposed them a lot of scrutiny. They are trying to rustle up money to meet the demands of the ownership ruling (which basically says, prove you have the means).

When they started the takeover they loaned Everton money to keep them afloat until the takeover was complete. This has ballooned massively to about £200m.
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/articles/cqqnkgv0k19o

If 777 do takeover, that loan will be converted to equity. But that is not part of the price they will have to pay Moshiri.

In sum there are loans of about  £583m owed to three different lenders. 777 are keenest to takeover but are coming apart at the seams. MSP stand to gain the most on paper by default, but seem reluctant to take advantage of the ownershipo clause they have. RMF are the most opaque, but according to the Guardian are linked to tax exiles. No one is quite sure what their intentions are.

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2024/apr/12/everton-paid-30m-interest-lender-rights-media-funding-links-with-tax-exile-documents-suggest

« Last Edit: May 1, 2024, 05:30:12 pm by DonkeyWan »
Beatings will continue until morale improves...

Offline owens_2k

• Bagged the role of third spud in the annual RAWK panto
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12890 on: May 1, 2024, 06:06:54 pm »
So, in numbers (i.e. what I have gleaned from various internet sources):

Moshiri wants offers in excess of £500m for his 94.1% share. 777 are supposed to have offered £550m.

In total he has invested an estimated £750m (though the Guardian reckons there were a lot ofd gifts from Usmanov).
https://www.theguardian.com/business/2023/sep/26/everton-fc-owner-alisher-usmanov-farhad-moshiri

In their 2023 accounts they reported debt of £330m. Much of that related to the £449m attributed to the stadium spend.
https://theathletic.com/5381429/2024/04/01/everton-accounts-moshiri-bramley-moore-psr/

Since then this debt has increeased to over £500m, again much of this related to the stadium spend, but increasingly to day-to-day operations, as well as interest payments on borrowings. The stadium (originally priced at £550m) is now costed at £760m, a figure that has become a part of the required assurances for the 777 takeover. Whether or not borrowings to date will cover the completion of the stadium is unclear, but it's quite likely that Everton do not have the final funds in place to finish the stadium.

Personally I believe the stadium will be finished, it's about the only thing of value the club have to offer. previously I had opined they would never build the stadium, but that was because I never anticipated they would near bankrupt themselves to do so.

So, what is owed?

In September 2019 Everton opened a credit line with Rights and Media Funding (RMF). These are the ones with 0 employees that magic the money out of the ether. They now owe RMF £225m at 10.25% interst per annum. I would say these numbers are reported differently elsewhere, but most hover around trhe £200m mark. That loan is secured against property around Goodison.

MSP are the Andy Bell group. They loaned somewhere around £158m. They secured that loan against the new stadium and Moshiri's share (51% of it). They had an option to buy if the loan period ran out. It did, but they chose to extend rather than buy.
https://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/everton-takeover-777-partners-loan-b2529346.html
There are questions over whether they have the funds to complete a takeover and finish the stadium.

777 partners Are the front runners for the takeover. They are basically buying businesses then using them as collateral to borrow more money to buy more businesses. They need to keep moving, if they stop they die. Currently they are stopped and everything is falling apart for them. They desperately need Everton so they can continue their borrowing. To support this they are borrowing against their existing portfolio. However, what was supposed to be a quick purchase of a distressed asset has dragged on and exposed them a lot of scrutiny. They are trying to rustle up money to meet the demands of the ownership ruling (which basically says, prove you have the means).

When they started the takeover they loaned Everton money to keep them afloat until the takeover was complete. This has ballooned massively to about £200m.
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/articles/cqqnkgv0k19o

If 777 do takeover, that loan will be converted to equity. But that is not part of the price they will have to pay Moshiri.

In sum there are loans of about  £583m owed to three different lenders. 777 are keenest to takeover but are coming apart at the seams. MSP stand to gain the most on paper by default, but seem reluctant to take advantage of the ownershipo clause they have. RMF are the most opaque, but according to the Guardian are linked to tax exiles. No one is quite sure what their intentions are.

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2024/apr/12/everton-paid-30m-interest-lender-rights-media-funding-links-with-tax-exile-documents-suggest

Excellently summed up. Thanks

Offline Brain Potter

• Embarrassing. Likes to listen through the walls....Auralist Extrodinaire!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12891 on: May 1, 2024, 06:14:23 pm »
I know that there have been a few articles flying about online in the last few days about the difficulties 777 are having in raising the funds for the takeover, but I'm surprised that this isn't more of a story.

Whilst I am enjoying their unravelling, in a way it's sad that a great and famous football institution, and they are a proper football club, are being allowed to be put under by poor owners, unsuitable prospective buyers etc...it's a disgrace really.   

Offline fridgepants

• Main Stander
« Reply #12892 on: May 1, 2024, 06:16:41 pm »
If it was Man United I'd find it hilarious.

I think it would be really very bad for the city for Everton to unravel, though, in lots of ways, and especially sad that it's down to financial rather than footballing incompetence. And I'd miss the derby. And they'd have to work out what to do with Angry Jordan Pickford.

Offline SamLad

• Definitely not a numerologist! Definitely fodder for whimsical modding though... ;) Definitely not 72! Founding member of the Efes Animal Appreciation Society. Very mɪstʃɪvəs.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12893 on: May 1, 2024, 06:17:02 pm »
I know that there have been a few articles flying about online in the last few days about the difficulties 777 are having in raising the funds for the takeover, but I'm surprised that this isn't more of a story.

Whilst I am enjoying their unravelling, in a way it's sad that a great and famous football institution, and they are once were a proper football club, are being allowed to be put under by poor owners, unsuitable prospective buyers etc...it's a disgrace really.

Online jacobs chains

• Legacy Fan
  • The fight will not be attaining dreams.
« Reply #12894 on: May 1, 2024, 06:18:00 pm »
In the world of offshore tax-haven money shuffling the 'no employees' thing would not be unique or questioned. If a finance journalist was looking at the deal rather than a sports reporter it wouldn't even have been mentioned.

Offline Mighty_Red

• Rojo Poderoso!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • All hail the King...
    • Join the fight - SOS
« Reply #12895 on: May 1, 2024, 06:25:26 pm »
One question, even if this £16m additional money gets them through to the end of the season, what happens over the summer? They would have zero money coming in (other than season ticket renewals and ahem, merchandising) but still have to pay wages. Does this mean that any player sales go straight to paying the bills and interest payments.

They will have to gut the squad to even make a dent.
Some clubs were always destined for greatness...

Offline TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #12896 on: May 1, 2024, 06:48:01 pm »
One question, even if this £16m additional money gets them through to the end of the season, what happens over the summer? They would have zero money coming in (other than season ticket renewals and ahem, merchandising) but still have to pay wages. Does this mean that any player sales go straight to paying the bills and interest payments.

They sell players
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Online jacobs chains

• Legacy Fan
  • The fight will not be attaining dreams.
« Reply #12897 on: May 1, 2024, 06:54:46 pm »
If Everton are reducing the tax they owe via sending a load of cash to overseas tax haven for crazy high interest payments s HMRC will be all over them

That's not the point. RMF are might be funded by a notorious tax exile and company owners are not classed as employees. I think you might have got hold of the wrong end of the stick. Sorry if I wasn't clear.

Offline Shankly998

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #12898 on: May 1, 2024, 07:01:32 pm »
From their latest accounts staff costs were 159m which works out as 13.25m a month so the 16m won't go far when they'll have other expenditure on top of that

Offline Shankly998

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #12899 on: May 1, 2024, 07:02:47 pm »
That's not the point. RMF are might be funded by a notorious tax exile and company owners are not classed as employees. I think you might have got hold of the wrong end of the stick. Sorry if I wasn't clear.

I was thinking RMF were based overseas in a tax haven but they're not they are UK based so deleted post

Offline ScubaSteve

• Sworn enemy of SnorkelStephanie
  • Legacy Fan
  • Every other Saturday's me half day off......
« Reply #12900 on: May 1, 2024, 07:05:01 pm »
Let’s hope they can at least finish this season off as any further points deductions now wouldn’t really hurt them

Offline lobsterboy

• Sworn enemy of crayfishgirl. Likes to draw spunking cocks n balls at sunday school
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12901 on: May 1, 2024, 07:14:41 pm »
The only clubs I'd like to see go under are City, Chelsea and Newcastle.

Offline DonkeyWan

• ker. Football Genius, Generously gives Young Jürgen pointers to help him improve.
  • Legacy Fan
  • I never met a man who wasn't...
« Reply #12902 on: May 1, 2024, 07:48:28 pm »

They have savings to draw on, no one knows how much. The broadcast money also comes through in August I believe (how much i don't know). Some suggestions that they have enough money through to the end of the summer, but I think it's unlikely they will allow the current state of affairs go that far, particularly since even if they finish the stadium they don't go into until 2025-6.
Beatings will continue until morale improves...

Offline 4pool

• Mr. ( last name) Minister Of Truth - 1984 to 1984. The first to do a Moyesed. A pore grammarist.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Liverpool: European Capital of Football 2005/2006
« Reply #12903 on: May 1, 2024, 07:59:47 pm »
Who in the blue hell is Josimar

Journalist who pisses off Evertonians with his reporting of 777 Partners and how they're cowboys. But what he's reported is true. And they don't like it.

Here's his latest on the shit show of which what I posted is at the very end.

https://josimarfootball.com/2024/04/30/kind-of-blue/
Either we are a club of supporters or become a club of customers.

Online duvva 💅

• lippa RAWK Diivva, broke Kenny's sky
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • LFC Quiz Rivals Most Hated
"If you don't limit yourself with bad thoughts, you can fly" - Jurgen Klopp

Offline Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
  • Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to
« Reply #12905 on: May 1, 2024, 09:09:08 pm »
If it was Man United I'd find it hilarious.

I think it would be really very bad for the city for Everton to unravel, though, in lots of ways, and especially sad that it's down to financial rather than footballing incompetence. And I'd miss the derby. And they'd have to work out what to do with Angry Jordan Pickford.

What do people actually think is going to happen to them though? As long as they're in the Premier League they can get by as long as they tighten their belts, and they're never getting relegated. They'll either get passed from owner to owner for a while via whoever they owe money to, or worst case scenario they might go into administration down the line, but loads of clubs have in recent times, including the likes of Leeds and Leicester. Villa nearly did not long ago.

And if we never played them again, it'd be too soon, but they're not going anywhere. Even if they went into administration in the summer, they'd dogs of war their way to safety next season.
« Last Edit: May 1, 2024, 09:12:09 pm by Fromola »
Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season

Offline shook

• not stirred
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12906 on: May 1, 2024, 10:56:29 pm »
Another fine mess you’ve got me into Moshi.

Had a look back at Portsmouth who were the first PL club to go into administration back in 2010.

Deducted 9pts as a result, finished bottom, but uncannily beat the Red Shite at Fratton 2-0 and reached the FAC Final losing 1-0 to moneybags Chelsea. The PL has been a sea of bad owners and dirty money for a long time.

They had debts of £135mil at that point and after 2 seasons in the Championship and 1 in League 1 they finished up in the lower reaches of League 2. It’s been a long slow road back to the Championship.

Everton have both higher debts and weekly wage bill but is the half built stadium a help or hindrance to any new buyer? If they do avoid relegation this season how many players will have to go before we start again in August.

Everton are fucked.

Offline Black Bull Nova

• emo
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12907 on: May 2, 2024, 01:17:24 am »
They are damn lucky they have a couple of players worth something
aarf, aarf, aarf.

Offline No666

• Married to Macca.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12908 on: May 2, 2024, 08:08:04 am »

A great summary of 777's catch-22. They wanted Everton as a (relatively) high profile asset against which to borrow but its profile has made lenders aware of how precarious the operation is, and therefore more reluctant to lend them money.

Offline kaesarsosei

• Brutally bad.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12909 on: May 2, 2024, 08:28:23 am »
On the one hand I want them gone, bust, eliminated. But on the other other I appreciate that real people's livelihood's are impacted by this.

If they were to do a Rangers, ie go completely bust and basically reform as a new club in the bottom tier, would that be the best of both worlds? Ie would the current workers still have a job to go to and the city still get the benefits that Everton contribute to its economy?

Online Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12910 on: May 2, 2024, 08:34:45 am »
It's not my problem if Everton go bust. They brought this on themselves, no matter how much denial and self pity their fanbase want to wallow in.

As for those who would be affected by Everton going bust, well they're going to kill the local economy that depends on the footfall around Goodison Park anyway when they move. There's literally nothing there at BMD. One pub across the road I think.

If this had happened fifty years ago then the consequences potentially would have been far more grave. But in the context of modern times, the city has survived worse calamities than Everton Football Club committing financial suicide. There'll always be an EFC in some form. They'll get over it.
I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

Offline KurtVerbose

• Legacy Fan
  • Burp! ...excuse me.
« Reply #12911 on: May 2, 2024, 10:04:03 am »

I keep reading that Moshiri will get something from this deal, but I really wonder if he will. It would be a distressed sale and when you sum up the assets and subtract the liabilities I think you'll find he maybe has negative equity.

Moshiri/Usamanov were really incompetent. They debt funded a team. They debt funded a stadium. They should've built the stadium first, then at least they would've had the revenue to fund the debt. Using debt to fund current operations means you really are in a hopeless mess.
You try me once you beg for more.

Offline fridgepants

• Main Stander
« Reply #12912 on: May 2, 2024, 12:16:26 pm »
On the one hand I want them gone, bust, eliminated. But on the other other I appreciate that real people's livelihood's are impacted by this.

If they were to do a Rangers, ie go completely bust and basically reform as a new club in the bottom tier, would that be the best of both worlds? Ie would the current workers still have a job to go to and the city still get the benefits that Everton contribute to its economy?

That's what I've been wondering as well - it's kind of a model for how to operate when things like the TV revenue is taken away, especially as a team that is less of an international brand (I saw a LOT of Celtic merch around Boston when I went) so presumably wouldn't take a hit in terms of overseas shirt sales etc.  Presumably most of the team would be sold as the wage bill wouldn't be covered even if they were happy to stick around to get them back up again.

I have a friend who was and is a Bury supporter, the will could be there but I have no idea how you play games in the ninth tier in a stadium that size.
« Last Edit: May 2, 2024, 12:18:18 pm by fridgepants »

Offline Black Bull Nova

• emo
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12913 on: May 2, 2024, 12:58:19 pm »

A lot of money generated and given to the club would be lost, PL money in particular. I assume though, that they would still have 52,888 supporters at least who would still love them even though they were playing Marine so they may be able to be fairly rich as they work their way back up the leagues. It would probably be a lot of fun winning trophies every year and most of their fans would enjoy that experience.

Yes the City would lose money for a few years but LFC would probably pick up a few young fans and everything would be as it is after 5 years but they'd have a trophy cabinet and a few videos worth watching.
aarf, aarf, aarf.

Offline Mister Flip Flop

• More flop than flip.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12914 on: May 2, 2024, 01:18:01 pm »

Whilst I am enjoying their unravelling, in a way it's sad that a great and famous football institution, and they are a proper football club, are being allowed to be put under by poor owners, unsuitable prospective buyers etc...it's a disgrace really.

Maybe if their fanbase wasn't such utter twats and they hadn't spent the last few seasons cheating to stay in the division i'd give a shit. As it stands neither of things is inaccurate so i hope they are put into the doc martins league and have to see all their players or even better go completely out of business.
Soccer - let's face it, its not really about a game of ball anymore is it?

Offline kiwiscouser

• Kopite
« Reply #12915 on: May 2, 2024, 01:49:38 pm »
From their latest accounts staff costs were 159m which works out as 13.25m a month so the 16m won't go far when they'll have other expenditure on top of that

There may be some end of season bonuses, on top of that, for staying in premier league etc…?

Offline Qston

• Loves a bit of monkey tennis and especially loves a bit of sausage relief......singularly though #sausage
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Believer
« Reply #12916 on: May 2, 2024, 01:51:36 pm »
There may be some end of season bonuses, on top of that, for staying in premier league etc…?

That's the difference in mentality right there, if they do have bonuses for that. Our players have trophy and goal scoring bonuses, theirs have avoiding relegation.
"Just a normal lad from Liverpool whose dream has just come true" Trent June 1st 2019

Online JRed

• After a 2L bottle of strongbow I’d do anything!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12917 on: May 2, 2024, 01:52:03 pm »
So all the businesses that rely on Everton being at Goodison park will be screwed. There is nothing else at BMD so presumably them fans will be spending inside the ground, rather than local businesses.
Everton taking all the matchday income at the expense of the local businesses. The peoples club hey.

Offline thaddeus

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #12918 on: May 2, 2024, 02:13:58 pm »
They are damn lucky they have a couple of players worth something
So did Leeds when it all went tits up under Ridsdale.  Over three seasons they sold Rio Ferdinand, Woodgate, Robbie Keane, Fowler, Bowyer, Kewell, Alan Smith, Viduka, Milly and Paul Robinson for a combined £100+mn - back when that was a huge amount of money - but it only kept the wolves at bay for a short while.  They were relegated off the back of it and went into administration whilst in the Championship three years later, in doing so being relegated to League One.

The Premier League's interventions may have saved Everton from that future but it's not guaranteed.  They will need to be incredibly well run to legitimately pay off their debts whilst retaining their Premier League status.  As it stands they're haemorrhaging money despite being a Premier League team but it's hard to know if that will still be the case once they move into their new ground.  Even then it's a very, very long journey from making moderate profits to clearing £500mn of debt (and that's ignoring the debt they owe to Moshiri as I don't think he'll ever see a penny of it).

Offline Black Bull Nova

• emo
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12919 on: May 2, 2024, 02:15:54 pm »

Winning the Derby cup final trophy?
aarf, aarf, aarf.