Author Topic: PL: Liverpool 0 v 1 Crystal Palace Eze 14’  (Read 23432 times)

Offline Kopenhagen

• Ban hammer of Damocles poised to drop if Everton finish fourth.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: PL: Liverpool 0 v 1 Crystal Palace Eze 14’
« Reply #480 on: April 14, 2024, 04:43:00 pm »
Arsenal lose today and it’s back on, right? RIGHT?!

Abu Dhabi will win it from here - their remaining fixtures are a pisstake. Only hope would be for Spurs to do their usual hoodwink, but even they look truly atrocious right now.
"There is no final victory, just as there is no final defeat. There is just the same battle to be fought over and over again."

Offline TheMissionary

• PositionIsSoooooooOrdinary!
  • Legacy Fan
  • That's nice, that's McDermott, and that's a goal!!
« Reply #481 on: April 14, 2024, 04:43:15 pm »
You're a fuckin' idiot.

Expert on such things are you? 

As I'm an idiot, educate me.  Tell me what I should think, what's the right answer?
TheMissionary
YNWA

Offline OkieRedman

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #482 on: April 14, 2024, 04:43:29 pm »
I don't know. I know Klopp is probably the greatest manager I'll ever see at Liverpool, but I am a bit over the knife edge style of play. When it works it is great, but vs all sides that sit back it is hard to watch. It isn't fun for the most part. So much anxiety hoping the other side does not get one little touch of the ball in the middle of the park, because if they do one pass will cut us open.

Online Jookie

• Ruptures, then repairs the tears
  • Legacy Fan
  • Muted Al 666's posts for my own sanity
« Reply #483 on: April 14, 2024, 04:44:33 pm »
Arsenal lose today and it’s back on, right? RIGHT?!

I still think there’s a chance both City and Arsenal drop points.

Think there’s not much chance we win 6 on the bounce. We’ve not played well for weeks, defensive shape is all over the place, forward lacking massively in terms of impact and key midfield players have run out of legs
I think Jookie might just be the best fisherman on this thread.

Offline Pat The Red

• Main Stander
« Reply #484 on: April 14, 2024, 04:44:38 pm »
Missed the first 70, saw the score at half time. Last 20 thought we looked desperate....Virgil to Konate...Konate to Virgil etc etc. Wasteful up top again. Felt a bit like the wheels coming off.....BUT.... We turn it round Thursday, convert some of those chances we keep making. There are still 6 games to go. 
Plenty of football to be played yet.
It's not over till the fat lady sings. That said, she's clearing her throat.
It's been a hell of a ride this season YNWA

Offline Andar

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #485 on: April 14, 2024, 04:44:55 pm »
What is so awful about the late season collapse is that we don't even have the cups as a consolation.

We've folded in every single competition over the last 6 weeks.

Surreal how much we've folded.

Offline LiverBirdKop

• A moron. Twice. No flies on their nullshit
  • Legacy Fan
  • 51,077 Deleted
« Reply #486 on: April 14, 2024, 04:45:36 pm »
Still in it on points, even if we are unlikely to finish top now. Both City and Arsenal will need to drop points in the remaining games for us to have a chance. And then it's the small matter of us needing to win our games.
Always thought before the mancs game we could only afford to drop points once. It's over, and I hope netflix cancel their fucking show too.

Offline Pat The Red

• Main Stander
« Reply #487 on: April 14, 2024, 04:45:37 pm »
Oh, and the reason I missed the first 70. Had to take the missus to the Hossy....she'll be ok thanks

Offline Bennett

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #488 on: April 14, 2024, 04:46:20 pm »
Truth is we were probably performing way above our level all season.

Rookie in goal most of the season, 2 kids playing regularly in the defence, brand new midfield etc. etc.

It's those two draws with United and failing to beat Arsenal at home that will ultimately do it

100%

Without Klopp announcing he was leaving, we were nicely on course in our rebuild. His announcement put a timer on it and expectations shot through the roof. We've been the 3rd best team in the league all season and now the table reflects it.

Offline The Cobbler

• Main Stander
« Reply #489 on: April 14, 2024, 04:47:03 pm »
Once you start to slide like this, you don’t fully recover.
Can’t keep conceding the first goal and coming back.
We’ve defied gravity at times this season but too many players are either physically ’gone’: Mo & Endo right now or not yet really ‘back’ from injuries: Jones, TAA, Jota,  Szobo.
Realistically it’s all about finishing top 3 right now.

Just watching Arsenal in their first 10 minutes, pace, power, purpose & movement. Everything we weren’t in the first 15 minutes of our first half.

Offline proudred

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #490 on: April 14, 2024, 04:47:21 pm »
How do we miss open goals ?
Jones,Salah,Jota what is running through their minds ? Absolute disgrace.

Offline Andar

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #491 on: April 14, 2024, 04:47:35 pm »
I don't know. I know Klopp is probably the greatest manager I'll ever see at Liverpool, but I am a bit over the knife edge style of play. When it works it is great, but vs all sides that sit back it is hard to watch. It isn't fun for the most part. So much anxiety hoping the other side does not get one little touch of the ball in the middle of the park, because if they do one pass will cut us open.

You will be in for a shock with how much worse it is going to get under the new manager, but yes our style is far too helter skelter. It's not sustainable playing that on the edge.

Offline OkieRedman

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #492 on: April 14, 2024, 04:47:42 pm »
Just shows what a crock of shite xG is. What is the fucking point of it ?

To quantify how good the chances you have are. It isn't that hard to understand. You do not want to for one reason or another. Not sure how us not scoring with heaps of quality chances shows that xG is a "crock of shit". It clarifies what we all know. We can't finish our breakfast, lunch or dinner.

Offline mickeydocs

• Legacy Fan
  • Jurgen Klopp - best Liverpool coach since Paisley
« Reply #493 on: April 14, 2024, 04:48:17 pm »
What is so awful about the late season collapse is that we don't even have the cups as a consolation.

We've folded in every single competition over the last 6 weeks.

Surreal how much we've folded.

Surreal how much we've overachieved despite extreme adversity throughout the season.

So much entitlement on here. Get a grip.
It’s easy to believe when it’s going well.

Offline David in Edinburgh

• Anny Roader
  • We all Live in a Red and White Klopp
« Reply #494 on: April 14, 2024, 04:49:05 pm »
That was a fucking sickener.

Offline Bennett

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #495 on: April 14, 2024, 04:49:20 pm »
Endo has been in our top 5 performers this season but the last two games have massively exposed him. Palace had two central midfielders and just allowed him all the time in the world on the ball because they know how blunt he is. Unless he's winning possession back and laying a pass off there's no use for him.

Online JRed

• After a 2L bottle of strongbow I’d do anything!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #496 on: April 14, 2024, 04:49:52 pm »
I hope the new manager is bringing some top players with him. Abu Dhabi are going to blitz the transfer market this summer and we have too many average players. We e over performed this season but it’s all gone to shit now. Hopefully we can still get top 4 so atleast have the CL football to attract some players.

Offline RedForeverTT

• Legacy Fan
  • Did I hear you say you "No"?
« Reply #497 on: April 14, 2024, 04:50:15 pm »

It isn’t the football. I see tired minds and tired legs today and the bluntest form today. Jones, Nunez, Diaz all miscuing

Online DelTrotter

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #498 on: April 14, 2024, 04:50:25 pm »
You will be in for a shock with how much worse it is going to get under the new manager, but yes our style is far too helter skelter. It's not sustainable playing that on the edge.

Who do you support?

Offline Henry Gale

• Margot Robbie Stalker
  • Legacy Fan
  • My name is Henry Gale. I'm from Minnesota.
« Reply #499 on: April 14, 2024, 04:51:00 pm »

You don't know that, a new manager could come in and take to it like a duck to water! Lets not right him off before he actually gets the job  ;D

Offline CHOPPER

• Bad Tranny with a Chopper. Hello John gotta new Mitre? I'm Jim Davidson in disguise. Undercover Cop (Grammar Division). Does Louis Spence. Well. A giga-c*nt worth of nothing in particular. Hodgson apologist. Astronomical cock. Hug Jacket Distributor
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Not Arsed
« Reply #500 on: April 14, 2024, 04:51:34 pm »
If we’d fell into a bucket of tits, we would have come out sucking our thumb.
@ Veinticinco de Mayo The way you talk to other users on this forum is something you should be ashamed of as someone who is suppose to be representing the site.
Martin Kenneth Wild - Part of a family

Offline jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #501 on: April 14, 2024, 04:51:49 pm »
Yup totally - but klopp leaving has irretrievably skewed this perception

True, but at least we have some games away now, it could help at least with the confidence of the team. It only takes one game to score and suddenly the belief returns really quickly we need to make sure we finish in the top four now.
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline Kopenhagen

• Ban hammer of Damocles poised to drop if Everton finish fourth.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #502 on: April 14, 2024, 04:52:12 pm »
You will be in for a shock with how much worse it is going to get under the new manager.

:tosser

"There is no final victory, just as there is no final defeat. There is just the same battle to be fought over and over again."

Offline OkieRedman

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #503 on: April 14, 2024, 04:53:02 pm »
Surreal how much we've overachieved despite extreme adversity throughout the season.

So much entitlement on here. Get a grip.

Is expressing any form of disappointment entitlement?

Offline William Regal

• Kopite
« Reply #504 on: April 14, 2024, 04:53:15 pm »
Was disappointing, wasnt happy with the selection of jones before kick off because hes looked way off it the last 2 games and it was a turgid 1st half, credit to palace though for how well they pressed the ball.

I thought at halftime Klopp might take off both Jones and Endo for sboszlsai and Elliott.  Endo I have been quite vocal in supporting on here but I hold my hands up, his form has dropped off a cliff the past 3 games.

2nd half was better and you can talk about players and tactics all you want but you simply cannot miss chances of the quality that Endo, Nunez, Jones, Jota, and Salah did.  Those are the quality of chances a Sunday league player would be devastated at missing, let alone international footballers.

Offline Buster Gonad

• Kopite
« Reply #505 on: April 14, 2024, 04:54:15 pm »
We were no where near as bad as the atalanta game but were pretty poor all the same. Had shades of last year where our midfield fell apart.  Mecca wasn't great, Curtis rusty and Endo had a mare. Klopps system always falls apart without a quality midfield. Top quality DM would be my priority.  May Bajcetic will eventually fill that role.

Offline Egyptian36

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #506 on: April 14, 2024, 04:54:15 pm »

You can blame the players all you want but not starting games well been an issue for a long time and it's on Klopp. 

Offline jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #507 on: April 14, 2024, 04:54:49 pm »
You can blame the players all you want but not starting games well been an issue for a long time and it's on Klopp.

Kick him when he's down, why don't you?  :butt

Offline Mister Flip Flop

• More flop than flip.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #508 on: April 14, 2024, 04:55:16 pm »
Don't know if it's me though but the atmosphere inside the stadium since the rebuild isn't what it used to be either. Hard to put a finger on it but the kop used to almost suck the ball into the net and teams would buckle under the pressure.
Soccer - let's face it, its not really about a game of ball anymore is it?

Offline Romford_Red

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #509 on: April 14, 2024, 04:55:35 pm »
Thing is it's not a patch is it. Can anyone really say hand on heart we've looked good this season at any stage? I said it a few weeks ago i was optimistic about winning the league as we hadn't played well at all but where still top and thought when we eventually started playing well we'd get the job done. We've been grinding results out all season up until a few weeks ago.

We never expected much out of this season, except a cup (maybe) and CL qualification.

We've out-performed that so far, a lot of it to do with our attack and now the attack is in bad scoring form. It is what it is. SO many will lose their heads over this but it's not the disaster people will make it out to be.

That's what I mean be a bad patch of form. Mostly I agree with the thrust of what you are saying.

Offline Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Michael Sheen is the actual Prince of 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
« Reply #510 on: April 14, 2024, 04:55:39 pm »
Kick him when he's down, why don't you?  :butt

posters like him/her are best ignored. They are not a Liverpool fan and doesn’t get the club and how to support. Fans of players before a team are always the same.

Offline CHOPPER

• Bad Tranny with a Chopper. Hello John gotta new Mitre? I'm Jim Davidson in disguise. Undercover Cop (Grammar Division). Does Louis Spence. Well. A giga-c*nt worth of nothing in particular. Hodgson apologist. Astronomical cock. Hug Jacket Distributor
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Not Arsed
« Reply #511 on: April 14, 2024, 04:55:56 pm »

No flags, as well.

Let’s be rational here.
@ Veinticinco de Mayo The way you talk to other users on this forum is something you should be ashamed of as someone who is suppose to be representing the site.
Martin Kenneth Wild - Part of a family

Online JRed

• After a 2L bottle of strongbow I’d do anything!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #512 on: April 14, 2024, 04:56:38 pm »
;D

Fuck off.
What exactly do you not agree with?

Offline danm77

• Main Stander
« Reply #513 on: April 14, 2024, 04:56:45 pm »
I just bloody hope City win it now. It’s meaningless anyway as they’re cheaters. Couldn’t bear it if Arteta won.

Online Tonyh8su

• Tonyign0r35u
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #514 on: April 14, 2024, 04:56:48 pm »
We do not start games at the right tempo.

We too often concede the first goal and then have to start playing - there are only so many times you can draw from that well.

It hurts like fuck to see our last few games but slagging off players who got us to this position just doesn't sit right with me.

And teams know it. They come at us from the first second. Sheffield United did it too and probably should have scored less than a minute in if it wasn’t for a brilliant save from Caoimh.

Offline Bennett

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #515 on: April 14, 2024, 04:57:16 pm »
What exactly do you not agree with?

"Hopefully we can get Top 4". Fucking wetty-knickers. Are you messing?

Offline Andar

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #516 on: April 14, 2024, 04:57:29 pm »
I just bloody hope City win it now. It’s meaningless anyway as they’re cheaters. Couldn’t bear it if Arteta won.

Pathetic.

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #517 on: April 14, 2024, 04:57:49 pm »
I hope the new manager is bringing some top players with him. Abu Dhabi are going to blitz the transfer market this summer and we have too many average players. We e over performed this season but it’s all gone to shit now. Hopefully we can still get top 4 so atleast have the CL football to attract some players.

We're defintley getting top 4. HAve you seen how many games left with how many points of Villa we;re ahead of?

Offline jillcwhomever

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #518 on: April 14, 2024, 04:58:55 pm »
posters like him/her are best ignored. They are not a Liverpool fan and doesn’t get the club and how to support. Fans of players before a team are always the same.

Have you watched his interview? I haven't had the heart to at the moment?  :(

Offline Bennett

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #519 on: April 14, 2024, 04:58:58 pm »
Pathetic.

I do as well. City winning it means nothing to anyone, even their biggest 'rivals'.