Author Topic: Takumi Minamino  (Read 432011 times)

Offline him_15

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: Takumi Minamino
« Reply #360 on: December 20, 2019, 12:35:18 pm »
Can't wait to see him in action.
Believer

Offline rossipersempre

• On the lookuyt for a new winger since 2007 BC. Prodigal, Son.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #361 on: December 20, 2019, 01:02:23 pm »
*browses thread*

*sees several random comparative mentions of a "Dirk Kuyt"*

*checks Luis Garcia hasn't changed his name by deed poll*

*checks date isn't April 1st*

*shakes head in despair*

*exits quickly to safeguard mental health*
My scouse, the often busted but seldom battered Mr Flabby Whore Alien. Who will not send in cottoned wool, bubbled rap, shiny sliver spaced blanket and sum beefy Bovril to keep it warm and safe and snag as bag in a rag? Oh Whore yours is a sweeter leftish peg

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #362 on: December 20, 2019, 01:08:30 pm »
Can I be the first to say that when he finally retires I hope we find him a coaching role at LFC?

Only if I can be the first to say he just ‘gets’ us.

Offline royhendo

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #363 on: December 20, 2019, 01:31:08 pm »
*shakes head in despair*

[/i]

You haven't watched this fella have you Rossi?
"Word of the day is 'philodox' (17th century): one who is in love with their own opinion, and who consequently believes that everyone else should share it."  @susie_dent on twitter - https://twitter.com/susie_dent/status/1419683653844668422

Offline rossipersempre

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #364 on: December 20, 2019, 01:41:28 pm »
I have Roy, and I very much like what I've seen. There's a ridiculous abundance of quality there.

I was just hoping they'd have retired the legendary No.18 shirt to avoid putting the colossal weight of history on the wee fella. That and ridiculously tenuous RAWK comparisons obviously.
My scouse, the often busted but seldom battered Mr Flabby Whore Alien. Who will not send in cottoned wool, bubbled rap, shiny sliver spaced blanket and sum beefy Bovril to keep it warm and safe and snag as bag in a rag? Oh Whore yours is a sweeter leftish peg

Offline Romford_Red

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #365 on: December 20, 2019, 02:10:19 pm »
Gave me the willies when up against us...

That's enough about your love life :D

Offline Yorkykopite

• Misses Danny Boy with a passion. Phil's Official Biographer, dontcherknow...it's all true. Honestly.
  • RAWK Writer
  • Legacy Fan
  • The first five yards........
« Reply #366 on: December 20, 2019, 02:37:25 pm »

He looks fantastic. During the first leg at Anfield I said to a mate that he was scaring me every time he got the ball. I think we were three up at the time. Now, knowing more about him, I'm delighted that he's ours.

But the Kuyt comparisons! What they usually mean is that the player being compared to Kuyt runs a lot. Generally they run much quicker, of course. They have to. This is Klopp's Liverpool and you not only have to be fit, you also have to be fast. Not only must you press, but even more importantly, you have to know when to press. Klopp wouldn't be amused by a player wasting his energy like Dirk used to do - pursuing long balls he's allowed to bounce under his feet in ortder to show 'commitment' and 'dying for the jersey'. "Just control the ball son. Save your energy until it can be made to count" 

So, yes, Minamino appears to run a lot. But it's not the first thing that leaps out is it? The first thing that leaps out is his disgusting skill, the fact that he seems able to turn on a pinhead, his phenomenal close control, his head which never appears to actually look at the ball, his pace with the ball at his feet, the fact that he can change his mind at the very last moment and then still have time to change it again. 

All like Dirk then......
"If you want the world to love you don't discuss Middle Eastern politics" Saul Bellow.

Offline Dr. Beaker

• Veo, to his mates. Shares 50% of his DNA with a banana. Would dearly love to strangle Frankengoose. Lo! Be he not ye Messiah, verily be he a child of questionable conduct in the eyes of Ye Holy Border Guards.
  • Legacy Fan
  • I... think I am, therefore...I....maybe.
« Reply #367 on: December 20, 2019, 02:46:22 pm »
Look. He may have had the first touch of a table tennis table but I love Dirk. Who will ever forget his hat trick against ManU from a combined distance of two foot three inches.
NAKED BOOBERY

Rile-Me costed L. Nee-Naw "The Child" Torrence the first jack the hat-trick since Eon Rush vs Accursed Toffos, many moons passed. Nee-Naw he could have done a concreted his palace in the pantyhose off the LibPole Gods...was not was for the invented intervention of Rile-Me whistler.

Offline Yorkykopite

• Misses Danny Boy with a passion. Phil's Official Biographer, dontcherknow...it's all true. Honestly.
  • RAWK Writer
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #368 on: December 20, 2019, 02:58:31 pm »
Look. He may have had the first touch of a table tennis table but I love Dirk. Who will ever forget his hat trick against ManU from a combined distance of two foot three inches.

Well said Doc. And certainly Liverpool do have a bit of a tradition of having a fan on the pitch. Who could ever forget "Oh Joey Joeeeeey...."? Joey Jones used to dream of having that ping pong first touch.
"If you want the world to love you don't discuss Middle Eastern politics" Saul Bellow.

Offline Larse

• Kopite
« Reply #369 on: December 20, 2019, 03:21:33 pm »
I love this signing.

Living in Austria I regularly watch austrian bundesliga games and attend Rapid Wien matches quiet regularly too. In the 2017/18 season i watched the game against salzburg in Vienna. After I left the stadium I thought to myself that Minamino will be their next star player. He played a great game, literally ever good attack Salzburg had was initiated by him. Every time he had the Ball you knew there was something happening.

Strangely he never really became their star player as I expected, until this season. And now hes a liverpool player. ;D

Offline rossipersempre

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #370 on: December 20, 2019, 03:35:50 pm »
He looks fantastic. During the first leg at Anfield I said to a mate that he was scaring me every time he got the ball. I think we were three up at the time. Now, knowing more about him, I'm delighted that he's ours.

But the Kuyt comparisons! What they usually mean is that the player being compared to Kuyt runs a lot. Generally they run much quicker, of course. They have to. This is Klopp's Liverpool and you not only have to be fit, you also have to be fast. Not only must you press, but even more importantly, you have to know when to press. Klopp wouldn't be amused by a player wasting his energy like Dirk used to do - pursuing long balls he's allowed to bounce under his feet in ortder to show 'commitment' and 'dying for the jersey'. "Just control the ball son. Save your energy until it can be made to count" 

So, yes, Minamino appears to run a lot. But it's not the first thing that leaps out is it? The first thing that leaps out is his disgusting skill, the fact that he seems able to turn on a pinhead, his phenomenal close control, his head which never appears to actually look at the ball, his pace with the ball at his feet, the fact that he can change his mind at the very last moment and then still have time to change it again. 

All like Dirk then......
Haha. Quite. Knew you wouldn't fail me Yorky, not after that set up/assist ;D

I cited those same details earlier in the thread, he's got all the attributes of peak Luis Garcia, with even greater potential.

Offline Red-juvenated

• Legacy Fan
  • "Normal One"
« Reply #371 on: December 20, 2019, 03:40:04 pm »
Fantastic for the club, and at a crucial time of our growth too.
Time to add Asian style to the emerging champions of the World.
Surely an upgrade on Coutinho! (who?)
Doubters to Believers

Offline Larse

• Kopite
« Reply #372 on: December 20, 2019, 03:48:06 pm »
Fantastic for the club, and at a crucial time of our growth too.
Time to add Asian style to the emerging champions of the World.
Surely an upgrade on Coutinho! (who?)

Coutinwho.

Honestly though, id you are being serious I think thats a bold statement. In his last season for us he was one of, if not the best player in the league.

Offline Bend It Like Aurelio

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #373 on: December 20, 2019, 03:56:10 pm »
Minamino seems to be a very intelligent player with a good head on his shoulders. I think people seem to underrate these things, where I think Klopp actually puts these attributes in a very high regard. If you look at most of our transfers under Klopp's tenure, regardless of their skill level or athleticism, they all are players with a certain amount of intelligence that is tactically astute enough to carry out his game plan and adjust on the fly when needed. Not to mention the mental fortitude to absorb high workloads and accepting setbacks.

Offline redtel

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Sir Roger-Scored first goal ever on MOTD.
« Reply #374 on: December 20, 2019, 04:31:27 pm »

So, yes, Minamino appears to run a lot. But it's not the first thing that leaps out is it? The first thing that leaps out is his disgusting skill, the fact that he seems able to turn on a pinhead, his phenomenal close control, his head which never appears to actually look at the bfall, his pace with the ball at his feet, the fact that he can change his mind at the very last moment and then still have time to change it again. 

All like Dirk then......

but, but Yorkie your are missing something.

They are both Number 18. Oh and blond  😜
We are definitely believers and we’ve won the fucking lot!

Offline Red-juvenated

• Legacy Fan
  • "Normal One"
« Reply #375 on: December 20, 2019, 04:39:19 pm »
Apparently his name is pronounced as MNAA ME NO
Doubters to Believers

Offline Dr. Beaker

• Veo, to his mates. Shares 50% of his DNA with a banana. Would dearly love to strangle Frankengoose. Lo! Be he not ye Messiah, verily be he a child of questionable conduct in the eyes of Ye Holy Border Guards.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #376 on: December 20, 2019, 04:44:17 pm »
So that's Mnamino, Firmino, Fabinho, and Ribeno. Christ it's getting worse.
NAKED BOOBERY

Rile-Me costed L. Nee-Naw "The Child" Torrence the first jack the hat-trick since Eon Rush vs Accursed Toffos, many moons passed. Nee-Naw he could have done a concreted his palace in the pantyhose off the LibPole Gods...was not was for the invented intervention of Rile-Me whistler.

Offline Yosser0_0

• U_____U (geddit?)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #377 on: December 20, 2019, 05:41:33 pm »
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/0QDKLglEP5Y" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/0QDKLglEP5Y</a>

;D

Oh Takumi Minamino,  leaves defenders far behind
Cos his feet will dance and if they will dance
Well he will beat you down the line
I say, he will score when he wants to, I think that you will find
And he will play football from out of this world
Leave the real one far behind,
I say he will dance, he will dance, amazing ball control
He will dance, he will dance,  fantastic with the ball
He will dance, he will dance, everybody jizz in your hands
He will dance, he will dance , and so will all the fans

That's the one for me, it was the first single I bought and love that track.
Lee Trevino famously once held up a long iron during a lightning storm, claiming "not even God can hit a 1-iron"

Offline Yosser0_0

• U_____U (geddit?)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #378 on: December 20, 2019, 05:47:18 pm »
In terms of style does anyone see any similarities with this lad and Son at Spurs? Energetic, pacey, good tight control, direct and has a goal or two in him.
Lee Trevino famously once held up a long iron during a lightning storm, claiming "not even God can hit a 1-iron"

Offline JC the Messiah

• Legacy Fan
  • ♪ ...and now Jürgen-a believe us... ♬
« Reply #379 on: December 20, 2019, 05:48:21 pm »
Apparently his name is pronounced as MNAA ME NO

Japanese is relatively easy for English speakers to pronounce (except for a very few exceptions).

It's a syllablary language, so words can be broken down into distinct elements.

Four syllables:
みなみの
Mi-na-mi-no
"I said to the boys before the game it would be impossible. But because it’s you, I say we have a chance."
Jürgen Klopp, 7 May 2019

"I told them if we score it will be different. We scored. It was different."
Rafael Benitez, 25 May 2005

Online newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #380 on: December 20, 2019, 05:55:39 pm »
Japanese is relatively easy for English speakers to pronounce (except for a very few exceptions).

It's a syllablary language, so words can be broken down into distinct elements.

Four syllables:
みなみの
Mi-na-mi-no

Huh. Interesting.

I read it as:

Di-rk Kuy-t

Offline JC the Messiah

• Legacy Fan
  • ♪ ...and now Jürgen-a believe us... ♬
« Reply #381 on: December 20, 2019, 06:10:04 pm »
Huh. Interesting.

I read it as:

Di-rk Kuy-t

;D
"I said to the boys before the game it would be impossible. But because it’s you, I say we have a chance."
Jürgen Klopp, 7 May 2019

"I told them if we score it will be different. We scored. It was different."
Rafael Benitez, 25 May 2005

Offline Yorkykopite

• RAWK Writer
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #382 on: December 20, 2019, 06:17:33 pm »
That's funny!

Offline SteveZissou

• "Anyone who knows the game..." exactly what game is a mystery. Underwater Bell. The Life A-Twat-Ic. Thinks "irony" means "like metal". Shite!
  • Legacy Fan
  • you might be on B Squad, but ur the B squad leader
« Reply #383 on: December 20, 2019, 06:46:24 pm »
I am commissioning Minamoto's official song to come from here. Here you go. Do your job. I'm giving you some time until you believe he deserves it, but here's everything you need:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HFtz3I8Prs4
Following Liverpool since the mid 80s.

Offline Ravishing Rick Dude

• Cut the music! Missed the 'Saka is shite!' memo.
  • No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #384 on: December 20, 2019, 06:51:18 pm »
From what i saw, he's got a 100% attacking mind, and he's not afraid to attack. It's safe to say that he's perfect Klopp's player.
Rick for the rikes, prick for the pricks

SLAVA
UKRAINI

Offline Sangria

• In trying to be right ends up wrong without fail
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #385 on: December 20, 2019, 06:51:55 pm »
I am commissioning Minamoto's official song to come from here. Here you go. Do your job. I'm giving you some time until you believe he deserves it, but here's everything you need:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HFtz3I8Prs4

I think Minamoto's song should be set to the tune of the song for Trent Alexander-Ashton.

It's Minamino, not Minamoto.

南 Minami
野 no
拓 Taku
実 mi
"i just dont think (Lucas is) that type of player that Kenny wants"
Vidocq, 20 January 2011

http://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=267148.msg8032258#msg8032258

Offline SteveZissou

• "Anyone who knows the game..." exactly what game is a mystery. Underwater Bell. The Life A-Twat-Ic. Thinks "irony" means "like metal". Shite!
  • Legacy Fan
  • you might be on B Squad, but ur the B squad leader
« Reply #386 on: December 20, 2019, 07:19:29 pm »
From what i saw, he's got a 100% attacking mind, and he's not afraid to attack. It's safe to say that he's perfect Klopp's player.

Can he play in central defence?
Following Liverpool since the mid 80s.

Offline royhendo

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #387 on: December 20, 2019, 08:02:05 pm »
I have Roy, and I very much like what I've seen. There's a ridiculous abundance of quality there.

I was just hoping they'd have retired the legendary No.18 shirt to avoid putting the colossal weight of history on the wee fella. That and ridiculously tenuous RAWK comparisons obviously.

Not much need for despair then is there? With respect to Dirk, he's a wholly different animal this fella.
"Word of the day is 'philodox' (17th century): one who is in love with their own opinion, and who consequently believes that everyone else should share it."  @susie_dent on twitter - https://twitter.com/susie_dent/status/1419683653844668422

Offline the_red_pill

• Hasn't got a fucking clue when the Reds are playing next.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Frankly my dear...
« Reply #388 on: December 20, 2019, 08:32:46 pm »
*browses thread*

*sees several random comparative mentions of a "Dirk Kuyt"*

*checks Luis Garcia hasn't changed his name by deed poll*

*checks date isn't April 1st*

*shakes head in despair*

Rossi's nemesis! ;D (or is it Yorki's?)

In any case- I made a comparison, but this is purely in terms of his "work-rate"- very loosely, since I had Lucas and Firmino in there as well.

This is what I said a few days ago:
Love his finishing- always low and just under the keeper. That one's for Fromola! ;D
He turns on a sixpence!

Fromola made a point about us lacking a more clinical edge/player, the other day. While I agree with him to an extent and don't think it's an immediate problem area, I think that we have moved to address the problem anyway. Not completely, but this is half of this top-of-the-league-with-problems issue sorted. This signing also allows for more consistent results between rotation.
I feel this signing isn't about being clinical, but instead approaching it from another angle- upping the number of quality chances, so we can be wasteful to our hearts' content while scoring more.

This signing is for the likes of United. Think about it- which players were the last to score for us against those shambles? Shaqiri and Lallana.

He offers what we wanted in Shaqiri and Lallana- a player who can play in between the spaces, can unlock a defense with a pass and who can dribble in tight spaces. His 12km per game output is way into elite numbers- the same or even a bit more than even Firmino has displayed on average during his time with us.
« Last Edit: December 20, 2019, 08:42:23 pm by the_red_pill »
"Some listen to understand. Others listen to respond."
"A fool does not delight in understanding, but only in revealing his own mind."
In such a sumptuous festival of shite, I wouldn't be so quick to pick a winner..

But he'd make the shortlist

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #389 on: December 20, 2019, 08:38:00 pm »
I just love the fact that our players wanted him. Last time I heard something like that was with Christiano Ronaldo when he played a pre season against Man Utd.

Crouch
Jurgen YNWA

Offline Clayton Bigsby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #390 on: December 20, 2019, 08:41:12 pm »

Offline the_red_pill

• Legacy Fan
  • Frankly my dear...
In such a sumptuous festival of shite, I wouldn't be so quick to pick a winner..

Offline Peabee

• SKPB! Is goin' down der Asd.....der Waitrose.....anyone wannany hummus?
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #392 on: December 20, 2019, 08:48:51 pm »
One of those opposition players that caught my eye. I was shitting it every time he got the ball as he seems so dangerous, tricky, and relentlessly attack minded. Fantastic that he’s joined us and I can’t wait to see him play for us.
We aren't walking through the storm now - we are the storm.

Offline Dr. Beaker

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #393 on: December 20, 2019, 08:49:26 pm »
I've read that he is actually a couple of inches taller than Crouch - I think Yorky posted it.
NAKED BOOBERY

Offline Yorkykopite

• RAWK Writer
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #394 on: December 20, 2019, 08:53:01 pm »
Rossi's nemesis! ;D (or is it Yorki's?)

In any case- I made a comparison, but this is purely in terms of his "work-rate"- very loosely, since I had Lucas and Firmino in there as well.

This is what I said a few days ago:

Now Lucas I can identify with! What a player.

But I think this bloke is going to be unique. That performance at Anfield was the best I've seen from an oppo player since Aimar came with Rafa's Valencia.

Offline Yorkykopite

• RAWK Writer
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #395 on: December 20, 2019, 08:53:58 pm »
I've read that he is actually a couple of inches taller than Crouch - I think Yorky posted it.

Gospel mate!

Offline the_red_pill

• Legacy Fan
  • Frankly my dear...
« Reply #396 on: December 20, 2019, 08:58:50 pm »
Now Lucas I can identify with! What a player.

But I think this bloke is going to be unique. That performance at Anfield was the best I've seen from an oppo player since Aimar came with Rafa's Valencia.
Still feel like he's one that got away. :(
After Jari, I wanted flair so badly! We got Luis and Yossi though so that was good at least. Can still see Yossi weaving his way through midfield...
Ahh, the days...
« Last Edit: December 20, 2019, 09:00:56 pm by the_red_pill »

Offline Yorkykopite

• RAWK Writer
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #397 on: December 20, 2019, 08:59:47 pm »
Still feel like his one that got away. :(

Yeah, what a footballer.

But this guy.....

Offline 12C

• aka 54F
  • Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • “The Ribbons are Red”
« Reply #398 on: December 20, 2019, 09:02:03 pm »

All like Dirk then......

“Like a dog with a balloon” sums up Dirk best.
Scored some vital goals though.
"I want to build a team that's invincible, so that they have to send a team from bloody Mars to beat us."

Offline the_red_pill

• Legacy Fan
  • Frankly my dear...
« Reply #399 on: December 20, 2019, 09:08:52 pm »
“Like a dog with a balloon” sums up Dirk best.
Scored some vital goals though.
Yep- due that amazing "work-rate" he was so famous for. By the time both teams were heaving, he would still be operating at optimal levels and would basically offer what a super-sub would give you: "Fresh legs" and focus

Dirk was brutally relentless. A bludgeon instead of a scalpel! ;D