Author Topic: Your favourite LFC goal of all time  (Read 42765 times)

Offline Jezza789

• Anny Roader
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: Your favourite LFC goal of all time
« Reply #280 on: July 4, 2011, 10:59:05 am »
Aurelio vs Machester United for 3-1, Vidic had just been sent off and the goal straight after was just amazing when it sunk  in how much that  goal meant for our title challenge.

and

Aurelio vs Chelsea. Got up very early with hope that we could pull back 2 at stamford bridge, Aurelio's goal from nothing was the play that sparked our charge

Offline ALANM

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #281 on: July 4, 2011, 11:04:22 pm »
Not sure if it's been mentioned on here but Crouch's scissors kick against Galatasaray was spectacular. He then followed it up with a similar effort against Bolton on New Years Day that season.

Offline drpepe

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #282 on: July 4, 2011, 11:10:15 pm »
Aurelio vs Machester United for 3-1, Vidic had just been sent off and the goal straight after was just amazing when it sunk  in how much that  goal meant for our title challenge.

and

Aurelio vs Chelsea. Got up very early with hope that we could pull back 2 at stamford bridge, Aurelio's goal from nothing was the play that sparked our charge

the look on aurelio's face was one of the best things about it.

even fabio himself couldn't quite believe it....  ;D

Offline edge

• hill, getting off at...with a dijk still hard...
  • Legacy Fan
  • allright, then..
« Reply #283 on: July 8, 2011, 08:48:48 pm »
McAllister vs Everton 2001. What a cracker!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ibOqzB_kbRA

Goal is at about 4 mins in.

Offline Jwils21

• Justwindy,innit,lowestspeed21 (knots)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #284 on: December 29, 2020, 07:13:48 pm »
Was thinking of this today when rewatching old highlights (what else can you do? Not even sure what day it is atm) and considered starting a new topic, but found this and have enjoyed reading through.

Origi against Spurs was huge - you just knew it was the start of something massive with the reds and the fairy story of Divock coming back into the team from obscurity to write himself into history was brilliant.

Also have fond memories of Fernando Torres opening the scoring when we played Chelsea in Europe in 2009, we went on to lose the game but it was my first big European game and I recall feeling the Kop bouncing for the first time.

Origi’s Pickford-assisted goal in the 2018 derby was memorable in different circumstances - my Grandad was ill in hospital at the time and that ended up being the last game before he passed. My ticket that day (on a members card) out of all possible seats in the Kop ending up being right in front of my arl fella, and before the ball had even crossed the line his head appeared next to mine as the crowd surged forward. Utter “limbs flying everywhere” moment. Those are the moments he shared in the glory days with his Dad, and it was poignant to share that moment with mine. We then got the chance to show my Grandad the video of the goal in hospital, the last goal he saw the reds score.

My favourite goal is by no means the best but in terms of the emotion - it has to be Wijnaldum’s header against Barcelona to make it 3-3 on aggregate. Always loved Gini and his reaction showed how much it meant to us all. There was a strange mix of confusion, excitement and limbs flying everywhere when Origi made it 4-0, but for me the Wijnaldum goal and the sigh of relief knowing we’d overcome a massive deficit was unreal.

Not quite old enough to remember things even as recent as Istanbul properly, but looking forward to plenty more memorable moments ahead :scarf :scarf :scarf

Offline number 168

• Bootle - Aigburth Vale. Mon-Sat evenings, Sundays & Bank Holidays only. Arl fart clearly past his sell-his-season-ticket-by-date.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #285 on: December 29, 2020, 07:50:25 pm »
I was at the Baseball ground in 1979 to see Ray Kennedy score an outstanding goal. He controlled a ball of exceptional quality from Terry Mac and just walked it past the keeper. Bobby’s brilliant control against Palace reminded me of it.

Online red1977

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #286 on: December 29, 2020, 08:23:09 pm »
Goals against the Mancs always float my boat, goals by Robbie Fowler do too. Think Fowler’s  brace in 95 at old trafford where he absolutely smashed it in at Schmeichel’s near post and the best keeper in the world just fell on his back like the shot blew him over. And the second where he shouldered Neville off the ball and lobbed Schmeichel from the left again. That’s when utd were in their pomp but it didn’t matter to us because Robbie was a force of nature and he was in his pomp too. For me Robbie was our great hope and he delivered as usual that day.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=izhKzPsJo5g

Oh and this one of course (not Fowler):

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=5UkBb_7PPd8

« Last Edit: December 29, 2020, 08:27:47 pm by red1977 »

Offline gazzam1963

• RAWK Cruiser. Andy@Allertons twin brother. Really misses a good fist pump.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #287 on: December 29, 2020, 08:25:50 pm »
I was at the Baseball ground in 1979 to see Ray Kennedy score an outstanding goal. He controlled a ball of exceptional quality from Terry Mac and just walked it past the keeper. Bobby’s brilliant control against Palace reminded me of it.

Was at that one as well , think  that was a goal of the season contender or maybe even won it as we did most season around then 😀

Offline Paranoid Red

• Main Stander
« Reply #288 on: December 29, 2020, 10:12:40 pm »
Rushie's first in the 86 Cup Final, I remember my mate and I having a moment of disbelief before going mental. Looking at it again it's such a good goal, like something we'd do these days, the one touch passes and then Whelan legging it up the left wing (and past a large blue balloon!) like Robbo. And of course sending a camera flying at the back of the goal...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TN1kCpEtsIo

There's so many, but that one popped straight into my head without any questions.

Offline Pistolero

• BELIEVE. My bad. This. Lol. Bless. Meh. Wow just wow. Hate on. The Ev. Phil.
  • Legacy Fan
  • A serpent's tooth...
« Reply #289 on: December 29, 2020, 10:29:54 pm »
Fairclough's winner against St Etienne - the greatest goal in the greatest game in LFC history.
They have life in them, they have humour, they're arrogant, they're cocky and they're proud. And that's what I want my team to be.

Offline phil236849

• loves a Kwenchy Kup
  • Legacy Fan
  • Across the face of the goal
« Reply #290 on: December 29, 2020, 10:57:38 pm »
Rushie's first in the 86 Cup Final, I remember my mate and I having a moment of disbelief before going mental. Looking at it again it's such a good goal, like something we'd do these days, the one touch passes and then Whelan legging it up the left wing (and past a large blue balloon!) like Robbo. And of course sending a camera flying at the back of the goal...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TN1kCpEtsIo

There's so many, but that one popped straight into my head without any questions.

Lovely goal but that was Rushys second and our third. I was actually thinking when reading this of Rushys first as it got us back on terms. Whelan and Molby again involved

Offline Son of Spion

• "No, I said I was WORKING from home! Me ma's reading this, ya bastids!" Supporter of The Unbrarables. Worratit.
  • RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
  • BAGs. 28 Years..What Would The Bullens Wall Say?
« Reply #291 on: December 29, 2020, 11:24:55 pm »
Fairclough's winner against St Etienne - the greatest goal in the greatest game in LFC history.
I was in the Kop when that went in. I can't think of a goal that ever meant more. Great celebration and utter bedlam on the Kop.

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/burpmTvHnFY" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/burpmTvHnFY</a>
« Last Edit: December 29, 2020, 11:27:28 pm by Santa's Spyinon Lil Kids* »
The light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long, and you've burned so very, very brightly, Jürgen.

Online Yorkykopite

• Misses Danny Boy with a passion. Phil's Official Biographer, dontcherknow...it's all true. Honestly.
  • RAWK Writer
  • Legacy Fan
  • The first five yards........
« Reply #292 on: December 29, 2020, 11:32:35 pm »

True. The only goal that comes close is David Fairclough's injury time winner against Everton the year before. Came on as sub (of course). Picked up the ball in his own half and dribbled past the entire Everton side (twice) before blasting home from an impossible angle. Without that, Bob wouldn't have won his first league title. Maradona's famous goal v England looks shite by comparison.
"If you want the world to love you don't discuss Middle Eastern politics" Saul Bellow.

Online afc tukrish

• How long for them sausages? Maggie May's Mythical Turkish Delight. RAWK's Expert Sausage Monster! Oakley Cannonier is fucking boss. Likes blowing his friends and undoing their nuts? Who nose?!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • This looks like a nice spot...
    • Flat Back Four
« Reply #293 on: December 29, 2020, 11:36:59 pm »
True. The only goal that comes close is David Fairclough's injury time winner against Everton the year before. Came on as sub (of course). Picked up the ball in his own half and dribbled past the entire Everton side (twice) before blasting home from an impossible angle. Without that, Bob wouldn't have won his first league title. Maradona's famous goal v England looks shite by comparison.

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/Xcn9ouTdmm0" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/Xcn9ouTdmm0</a>

Since haste quite Schorsch, but Liverpool are genuine fight pigs...

Offline HullReD

• Main Stander
« Reply #294 on: December 29, 2020, 11:49:23 pm »
So many to choose from, Steven Gerrard's equaliser against West Ham, Luis Garcia's goal against Juventus, Jordan Henderson's thunderbolt against Chelsea, Alex Oxlaid-Chamberlains strike against Man City, Fabihno's strike against Man City. Like i said there are so many so cant really say which is my fave of all time.

Offline Paisley79

• Anny Roader
« Reply #295 on: December 29, 2020, 11:52:43 pm »
Three of my favourite goals were scored by the same player. He still makes my all-time XI...

An outrageous flick & volley in the FA Cup v Tottenham 1980 = https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CRMJT187wxs

This chip from a ridiculous angle in the European Cup v Ferguson's Aberdeen 1980 = https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ep-mkRafi7I

A sublime dummy & dink from 20 yards out FA Cup v Everton 1977 = https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S2qTEJWmFT8

Offline Son of Spion

• "No, I said I was WORKING from home! Me ma's reading this, ya bastids!" Supporter of The Unbrarables. Worratit.
  • RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #296 on: December 30, 2020, 12:21:35 am »
I was in the Kop for that goal as well. It was absolutely delicious when that went in.  ;D
The light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long, and you've burned so very, very brightly, Jürgen.

Offline Son of Spion

• RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #297 on: December 30, 2020, 12:25:33 am »
I'll always have so much affection for this one.

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/MuVJKlVzsuE" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/MuVJKlVzsuE</a>

Offline daveonthespionkop1900

• No new LFC topics
  • Kopite
« Reply #298 on: December 30, 2020, 12:35:58 am »
an off top of head top ten

st john vs Leeds fa cup final 65
Hughes vs Everton away 73
Mcdermott vs Spurs 78
Dalglish vs Chelsea away 86
Rush vs Everton 86 fa cup final
Aldridge vs Arsenal 88
Fowler vs Arsenal 94
Gerrard vs West Ham fa cup final 06
Wijnaldum vs Barca header 19
Salah vs Man utd 20
walk on...walk on...

Offline Tony19:6

• Begets John 3:16
  • Legacy Fan
  • Born and Bred
« Reply #299 on: December 30, 2020, 12:41:08 am »
Dalglish v Chelsea 3/5/86, unfortunately I wasn't there..

However, I was for Gerrards piledriver in the FA Cup final 2006, which was special for some non-football (work) reasons  ;D
A Great man once said...
"Football is a simple game based on the giving and taking of passes, of controlling the ball and of making yourself available to receive a pass.
It is terribly simple."

http://twitter.com/Tony19_6

Offline Barrow Shaun

• Legacy Fan
  • Off the coach, through the park.....
« Reply #300 on: December 30, 2020, 12:43:59 am »
Ian Rush, last minute, away at Spurs, 1985-86.
officially accepted RAWK source of information

Offline ljycb

• RAWK's Bullen Oracle of Wisdom & Knowledge, the Collective Voice of our Moral Conscience
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #301 on: December 30, 2020, 01:20:30 am »
Either Wijnaldum goal in the second leg against Barcelona or Origi’s against Tottenham in the final.

Offline liverbloke

• Prototype RAWK Genius. Founder of stickysheets.com and prefers it solo. Gotta hand it to him, eh?
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • i neither know nor care
« Reply #302 on: December 30, 2020, 08:33:48 am »
i can't add to this as there's just too many to choose from but reading through this and looking back on some of the goals linked on youtube and hearing all the old arlarses reminiscing is just fucking brilliant

Quote from: Lee1-6Liv
Who would have thought liverblokes no draws idea would not be his worst idea of the weekend

Offline Qston

• Loves a bit of monkey tennis and especially loves a bit of sausage relief......singularly though #sausage
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Believer
« Reply #303 on: December 30, 2020, 09:30:25 am »
Fowler v Villa

For some reason this one has just stuck with me. Outrageous turn and hit
"Just a normal lad from Liverpool whose dream has just come true" Trent June 1st 2019

Offline JC the Messiah

• Legacy Fan
  • ♪ ...and now Jürgen-a believe us... ♬
« Reply #304 on: December 30, 2020, 09:44:28 am »
Might be recency bias, but that quickly taken corner...
"I said to the boys before the game it would be impossible. But because it’s you, I say we have a chance."
Jürgen Klopp, 7 May 2019

"I told them if we score it will be different. We scored. It was different."
Rafael Benitez, 25 May 2005

Offline aw1991

• Legacy Fan
  • Love Firmino, hate bastards
« Reply #305 on: December 30, 2020, 09:50:00 am »
I love a powerful shot that clatter of the bar, so Riise's freekick against United is my favorite. But also Origi against Barcelona, Lovren against Dortmund and Alonso against Milan for their importance and just how awesome of a moment it was.

Offline McrRed

• Member of International Hill Climbers Group. Only gets happy endings at Christmas.
  • Legacy Fan
  • In the town where I was born
« Reply #306 on: December 30, 2020, 10:05:00 am »
Loads of the ones already mentioned.
Torres first goal, many to follow (was it Chelsea?). Almost anything by Suarez, the mad bastard. Gerrard hit so many bangers. Igor vs Fulham. Barnes (off the telly). Rush. Fowler. Bobby!

But primacy and recency always works...Keegan in the 74 cup final. I didn't know what was happening, but I knew I wanted more.   

Offline Drinks Sangria

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • 'I'm caught on your coat again.'
« Reply #307 on: December 30, 2020, 03:46:06 pm »
Born in the 90s so can only justifiably pick ones I remember myself -

Gerrard v Olympiakos late 2004 still gives me goosebumps. I'd attended loads of Uefa Cup games in the Houllier years but never managed a CL game - this was my first, sat in the main stand. I will never forget the feeling of everyone around me standing up and just going wild in unison. I just felt surrounded by joy and adrenaline in equal measure.

And a recent favourite - Sadio Mane's header at Villa Park last season. Not spectacular, took a kick in the nose for it but I genuinely believe we won the title that day. The resilience to do what we did and completely turn that one on it's head was unbelievable.
“Seeing these smiling faces is the greatest pleasure. They have been magnificent all season. They have been our 12th man. I have always said our fans are the best in England. Now I know they are the best in Europe too.” Rafa Benitez

Offline Zimagic

• Legacy Fan
  • Liar, liar with your drawers on fire......
« Reply #308 on: December 30, 2020, 04:14:15 pm »
I've become quite partial to a Salah curler into the far left corner in recent seasons (as you can guess from my avatar!) but Torres/Gerrard was peak obsession for me with Liverpool. There's just something so irrestible about both players and I'd love to have seen them in the current set-up, particuliarly Gerrard for his rockets, but this for me was the goal that caps both of these players: From random head-tennis some sublime skill setting up a powerful drive into the back of the net. Doesn't hurt that it was against Everton.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pQxLPYUFGHc

"Truth, Justice, Freedom, Reasonably-Priced Love and a Hard-Boiled Egg!"

Offline LanceLink!!!!!

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #309 on: December 30, 2020, 04:16:51 pm »
Fowler v Villa

For some reason this one has just stuck with me. Outrageous turn and hit

This for me too, insane level of skill.

Offline kezzy

• Kopite
« Reply #310 on: December 30, 2020, 04:27:46 pm »
Terry Mac’s header versus Spurs.  I was on the bars behind the goal in the Annie Road end, fuckin amazing team goal.  That one against Spurs away is also unbelievable, ridiculous goal.   

Offline JC the Messiah

• Legacy Fan
  • ♪ ...and now Jürgen-a believe us... ♬
« Reply #311 on: December 30, 2020, 04:31:03 pm »
Another very enjoyable goal was Salah's against United last season. That's when we really knew...
"I said to the boys before the game it would be impossible. But because it’s you, I say we have a chance."
Jürgen Klopp, 7 May 2019

"I told them if we score it will be different. We scored. It was different."
Rafael Benitez, 25 May 2005

Offline Robinred

• Wanted for burglary.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Red since '64
« Reply #312 on: December 30, 2020, 04:38:12 pm »
I was a teenager at college when Ian St.John scored the winner v Leeds to win the FA cup. It wasn’t the greatest goal by any means, but it sticks in the memory because Leeds were our biggest rivals in that era, and Shanks was desperate to win the Cup (the status of FA Cup winners was huge in those days).

Three Gerrard specials stay in the memory. I was in the Paddock with my daughter when he unleashed a thunderbolt against Bartez in the Utd. goal, we went on to win 2-0. The second was another thunderbolt to win the FA cup against the Hammers; he’d gone down with cramp minutes before and must have been shattered. The third was ‘You beauty’ in 2005.

There are numerous others, but a special mention to Suarez’s goal against Newcastle - sublime skill, from a player who went on to score lots of goals for Barcelona. Yet I would argue that he joins an elite list of players who’s best form was in a red shirt: Rush, Fowler, Owen, Torres, Suarez, Sturridge. You could add others, like Collymore, or Aldridge, I suppose.
"The first revolt is against the supreme tyranny of theology...as long as we have a master in heaven, we will be slaves on earth." Mikhail Bakunin

Offline number 168

• Bootle - Aigburth Vale. Mon-Sat evenings, Sundays & Bank Holidays only. Arl fart clearly past his sell-his-season-ticket-by-date.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #313 on: December 30, 2020, 05:08:56 pm »
Chris Lawler vs The Bluenoses after coming back from 2 down to win 3-2! He just ghosted up unnoticed to belt it in at the Kop end.

My first derby in the Kop. I f I recall we were singing YNWA when he belted it in. The surge down the Kop after that is something I won't forget either, a long lost experience that.

Online afc tukrish

• How long for them sausages? Maggie May's Mythical Turkish Delight. RAWK's Expert Sausage Monster! Oakley Cannonier is fucking boss. Likes blowing his friends and undoing their nuts? Who nose?!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • This looks like a nice spot...
    • Flat Back Four
« Reply #314 on: December 30, 2020, 05:41:48 pm »
Another very enjoyable goal was Salah's against United last season. That's when we really knew...

Favorite part was the contemptuous, shrugged dismissal of James, sort of like a dog scraping dirt back onto the latest dump...
Since haste quite Schorsch, but Liverpool are genuine fight pigs...

Online PaulD

• RAWK Supporter
  • Main Stander
  • Some things are more important .......
« Reply #315 on: December 30, 2020, 06:13:41 pm »

Xabi Alonso vs Arsenal November 2004

Offline oldman

• Kopite
« Reply #316 on: December 30, 2020, 07:27:34 pm »
after 60 years watching my favourite goal is Origi vs Everton
This goal has everything
Virgil turning round and walking back up the pitch cursing at his crap volley
Pickford fucking up
then a great bit of opportunism from origi
Never tire of seeing this

my favourite from yesteryear is Toshack v wolves for the league in 1975 - unbelievable scenes at molineux
« Last Edit: December 30, 2020, 07:34:17 pm by oldman »

Offline Clayton Bigsby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #317 on: December 30, 2020, 10:04:49 pm »
Neil Mellor v Arsenal late winner

Offline geoffpd

• Kemlynite
« Reply #318 on: January 3, 2021, 07:17:56 am »
John Barnes v QPR at Anfield.

Offline oojason

• The Official RAWK Audio Visual God. Founder Member of the Ricky Gervais' 'David Brad Fan Club'.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The Awkward Squad
« Reply #319 on: September 11, 2022, 06:17:11 pm »
Some decent places to find some of our favourite Liverpool goals...

'501 Great Goals' (up to 2003) - www.bilibili.com/video/BV1dZ4y1c7q6

'100 Greatest Premier League Games' (2008) - www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLzE7hb3tB5O9apy1XVVBH_BX2gFYEKbHC : www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=221149

'LFC's 100 Most Exciting PL games' (2012) - www.liverpoolfc.com/news/first-team/120605-most-exciting-games-full-list

'Greatest 100 Liverpool goals of the decade' (2010-2020) - www.youtube.com/watch?v=fEJDP7sJuQY

'1000 Premier League Goals at Anfield | Some of our favourite strikes' (2019) - www.youtube.com/watch?v=g4TknSKYG98

'LFC Goals 1987 - 1999' : a 26 minute selection of Liverpool goals - www.dailymotion.com/video/x7v8x8c

'LFC Goals 1999 - 2009' : a 23 minute selection of Liverpool goals - www.dailymotion.com/video/x7v8ynp

'130 Greatest LFC Goals' playlist (2022) - from the official Liverpool FC youtube channel - www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLR8DItC4f5xtgEUQ-fRkYmTk6FDTqoeG4

'Season Review' videos (from 1987/88 onwards) & some older 'Club History' videos - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=112969.msg16108641#msg16108641

'A mini-index for RAWK's 'Liverpool Audio / Video thread'' - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=345769.msg17787576#msg17787576

'100 Days That Shook The Kop' (2002) - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=4571 : https://liverpoolfc.fandom.com/wiki/100_Days_That_Shook_The_Kop

'100 Players Who Shook The Kop' (2006) - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=118121 : https://liverpoolfc.fandom.com/wiki/100_Players_Who_Shook_The_Kop_(2006)

'100 Players Who Shook The Kop' (2013) - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=302332 : https://liverpoolfc.fandom.com/wiki/100_Players_Who_Shook_The_Kop_(2013)

The 'Christ, did you see that goal?' thread (non-Liverpool goals) - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=329144.0

my favourite Liverpool goal...

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/aoyg5wL4v0o" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/aoyg5wL4v0o</a>

^ more on the Alisson goal - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=340649.msg17757635#msg17757635

« Last Edit: September 28, 2022, 01:07:11 am by oojason »
Some 'Useful Info' for following the football + TV, Streams, Highlights & Replays etc - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=345769

A mini-index of RAWK's 'Liverpool Audio / Video Thread' content over the years; & more - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=345769.msg17787576#msg17787576