Author Topic: NBA Discussion  (Read 620485 times)

Offline Suareznumber7

• Gullible. Lost in the modern world, thinks all tweets are true.
  • Legacy Fan
Re: NBA Discussion
« Reply #6760 on: July 2, 2019, 11:58:35 am »
I suppose their plan is to rest KD until the play off's and they should easily be 4-6th seed imo with the current roster (lost D'angelo but added Kyrie and Deandre) and with a healthy KD and Kyrie sky is the limit as all 76'ers, Raptors, Bucks and Celtics now have a weaker squad than last year imo (given that Kawhi is LA bound). They gotta be careful though and not rush KD.

I think the 76ers are probably better then they were last year.  Raptors will be fine if Kawhi signs with them but, if he leaves, then they are clearly not as good. 

Online Lynndenberries

• Not iste björksmak
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Sun don't shine in the shade
« Reply #6761 on: July 2, 2019, 03:30:16 pm »
Part of me feels sorry for the Knicks. They had worst record but Pelicans got Zion. Lakers got #3 which made them get AD much easier. Then Durant's achilles happened which killed AD going to Knicks. Brooklyn is somehow beneficiary of Knicks misfortune but Sean Marks did wonderful job there thus far. Always amazed how players who are in the end of rotation do much better than star players in non playing roles when they retire. Magic, Isaiah, Jordan all struggled as a coach, GM, owner for example.

Sorry for who? Their fans or the organization?
I love mankind; it's people I can't stand.

Offline elsewhere

• Turning Japanese, I think I'm turning Japanese, I really think I mean African, so...
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6762 on: July 2, 2019, 04:56:16 pm »
Sorry for who? Their fans or the organization?
Fans obviously, screw Dolan.

Offline GreatEx

• pectations. might be a cunt but isn't a capitalist cunt. Blissfully ignorant.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6763 on: July 3, 2019, 04:08:58 am »
Can someone who understands NBA economics explain why they signed 3 mediocre power forwards to approx 10m/yr contracts? Doesn't it make more sense to keep salary space open for the next free agent batch? Or do these players become tradable assets? Must admit I find the merry-go-round very confusing, I long for the days when it was just "I have a spare PG and need a PF, you have a spare PF and need a PG, let's fuck".

Offline GreatEx

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #6764 on: July 3, 2019, 04:22:39 am »
Jazz sign Jeff Green and Emmanuel Mudiay on cheap deals, Lakers fans having a big whinge, "but but but we only have 3 players, and we're the LAKERRRRRZZZZ", this is shaping up nicely.
« Last Edit: July 3, 2019, 04:25:45 am by GreatEx »

Offline Lastrador

• Legacy Fan
  • Not Italian
« Reply #6765 on: July 3, 2019, 04:32:41 am »
Jazz sign Jeff Green and Emmanuel Mudiay on cheap deals, Lakers fans having a big whinge, this is shaping up nicely.
Jeff Green is a great deal for the vet minium, not sure he's good enough to be starter but it gives a more robust option at the 4. Mudiay on the other hand I don't rate much. Always seemed like an inefficient low IQ ballhog to me, but he does have some interesting physical attributes (quite tall for a PG) and still is very young and had a good season in terms of numbers and efficiency, playing for a tanking team though.

Offline GreatEx

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #6766 on: July 3, 2019, 05:30:21 am »
Agreed on Mudiay, we'll see where they're going with that one, seems to be an insurance policy for Exum. Green seems more of a sure thing, he'll be backing up Bojan & Ingles so pretty much a perfect fit.

Offline elsewhere

• Turning Japanese, I think I'm turning Japanese, I really think I mean African, so...
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6767 on: July 3, 2019, 06:36:50 pm »
I expect Jazz to be quite good this year. Mike Conley and Bogdanovic additions makes them a Top 4 in the West imo.

Offline elsewhere

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #6768 on: July 3, 2019, 06:39:21 pm »
Can someone who understands NBA economics explain why they signed 3 mediocre power forwards to approx 10m/yr contracts? Doesn't it make more sense to keep salary space open for the next free agent batch? Or do these players become tradable assets? Must admit I find the merry-go-round very confusing, I long for the days when it was just "I have a spare PG and need a PF, you have a spare PF and need a PG, let's fuck".
Well, clearly Knicks front office are clueless and doesn't know a thing or two about NBA economics. Them losing the superstar free agents to the neighbor Nets makes things even worse for New Yorkers.

Offline Lush is the best medicine...

• FUCK THE POLICE - NWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6769 on: July 3, 2019, 06:40:28 pm »
Fun Kawhi plane watch on raptors twitter earlier

• FUCK THE POLICE - NWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6770 on: July 3, 2019, 06:58:01 pm »
And now Canadian TV doing an Oj style chase of the car which he is apparently in

https://twitter.com/rgilliescanada/status/1146475917012799488?s=21

Offline rafathegaffa83

• Legacy Fan
  • Dutch Class
« Reply #6771 on: July 3, 2019, 08:30:18 pm »
And now Canadian TV doing an Oj style chase of the car which he is apparently in

https://twitter.com/rgilliescanada/status/1146475917012799488?s=21

When Kawhi goes, the Toronto media will be scorned even more for this

Offline Bobinhood

• RAWK's Pam Ayres. Man without a hat.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hand over the Trophy
« Reply #6772 on: July 3, 2019, 08:34:19 pm »
Those guys on twatter have obviously never heard of a Babelcopter.  ;D  So behind the times, these Americans. No clue how to stalk woo a free agent whatsoever.
Amplification does not equal truth. 

"Put these seeds in your pocket. At least sunflowers will grow where you lie!"
A Ukrainian housewife to a young Russian soldier, Feb 24,2022.

• FUCK THE POLICE - NWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan

Offline lorenzo

• Kopite
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop

Offline rafathegaffa83

• Legacy Fan
  • Dutch Class
« Reply #6775 on: July 4, 2019, 12:56:58 pm »
Blazers sign and trade Layman to Minnesota in return for a trade exception and the rights to a player who has no intention of leaving Spain. They also add Anthony Tolliver in a separate deal

Also Cauley-Stein gone to Golden State for just above the league minimum

• FUCK THE POLICE - NWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6776 on: July 4, 2019, 07:32:05 pm »
Some one disagrees that has personal connection with him, apparently

https://twitter.com/criscarter80/status/1146540513354571776
one interesting thing he’s said is that Kawhi trusts the raps but not the other two, Broussard here clearly been speaking to magic ;D

https://twitter.com/chris_broussard/status/1146779626171068416?s=21

Offline elsewhere

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #6777 on: July 4, 2019, 07:34:42 pm »
https://www.eurohoops.net/en/nba-news/902387/alex-abrines-announces-return-to-playing-basketball/

Alex Abrines confessed that he even came to hate basketball these past months.

AdTech Ad
By Antonis Stroggylakis/ info@eurohoops.net

Spanish swingman and former EuroLeague Rising Star Alex Abrines announced his return to playing basketball with an emotional video he posted on Twitter.

Abrines, 25, was waived by the Oklahoma Thunder in February following a mutual decision taken between the club and the player. He was reported to part ways with the Thunder to focus on a “personal matter.”

Now, Abrines says he’s ready to come back in action. In the video, that shows him confessing his emotions to a basketball, he mentions that he arrived at a point where he “even got to hate” his once beloved “friend” – the ball –  following years of “indestructible friendship.” He specifically says that “a few months ago everything broke into a thousand pieces” because the ball “started to fright” him.

Abrines reveals that he sought professional help in order to “end the nightmare” and recover from what troubled him until he finally rediscovered his love for the game again. The “happiness” he used to fee when playing.

“Dear ball, I’m back. It’s me, Alex.”

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Looks like he is leaving NBA for Barcelona. Does anyone know what was the mental problem for him? It felt so strange and out of the blue when he left and i always rated the guy.

• FUCK THE POLICE - NWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6778 on: July 5, 2019, 12:12:16 am »
Reading between the lines it sounds like depression, horrible illness, hope he’s recovered

Offline Yiannis

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Reds fan from Greece
« Reply #6779 on: July 5, 2019, 11:14:20 am »
Reading between the lines it sounds like depression, horrible illness, hope he’s recovered

Absolutely. All the best to the lad.

Barcelona getting Mirotic, Abrines, Cory Higgins (from CSKA Moscow who are a powerhouse in European basketball) and maybe others will follow. That means two things 1) they are finally gunning for the Euroleague crown  ( you fuckers should start watching some European basketball- it's really good) 2) There must be elections soon so Bartomeu* is throwing money around for re-election.

* Yes, that guy who is about to sign Griezmann and Neymar in football. Just like Perez with Real Madrid, they own not only the football club but the basketball one too, the handball one etc.
Messi in fact doesn't have a recognizable trait.

Online DelTrotter

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #6780 on: July 5, 2019, 04:46:43 pm »
Cris Carter thinks we’ll get an announcement today. Was bigging up a move to the Lakers too but whether he knows or it’s just his opinion I’m not sure.

Offline Canada Loves Anfield

• Everything you do is a balloon
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Born Under a Liverbird
« Reply #6781 on: July 5, 2019, 07:47:47 pm »
Kawhi. You're fucking killing me man.
If it acts like a cock and a banner appears on the kop with its name written down the shaft of a cock, it probably is...

Liverpool FC - Toronto Supporters Club: http://lfctoronto.com/

• FUCK THE POLICE - NWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6782 on: July 5, 2019, 08:26:10 pm »
Well that MLSE plane went to San Diego and did a quick turnaround...

• FUCK THE POLICE - NWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6783 on: July 5, 2019, 08:27:13 pm »
Absolutely. All the best to the lad.

Barcelona getting Mirotic, Abrines, Cory Higgins (from CSKA Moscow who are a powerhouse in European basketball) and maybe others will follow. That means two things 1) they are finally gunning for the Euroleague crown  ( you fuckers should start watching some European basketball- it's really good) 2) There must be elections soon so Bartomeu* is throwing money around for re-election.

* Yes, that guy who is about to sign Griezmann and Neymar in football. Just like Perez with Real Madrid, they own not only the football club but the basketball one too, the handball one etc.
itd be pretty funny if they couldn’t get neymar as they got mirotic

Offline elsewhere

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #6784 on: July 5, 2019, 08:27:38 pm »
I want him to announce he is going to Euroleague and play for Panathinaikos just to see reactions from US sports media.

Offline Bobinhood

• RAWK's Pam Ayres. Man without a hat.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hand over the Trophy
« Reply #6785 on: July 6, 2019, 12:29:43 am »
this is a good one, shout out to Kawhi from the top of Kilamanjero

https://twitter.com/i/status/1146502808314765317
Amplification does not equal truth. 

"Put these seeds in your pocket. At least sunflowers will grow where you lie!"
A Ukrainian housewife to a young Russian soldier, Feb 24,2022.

Offline elsewhere

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #6786 on: July 6, 2019, 07:12:53 am »
Kawhi to Clippers per Woj. That's what i said, he likes Doc, didn't want to be 3rd wheel in Lakers.

Offline Clayton Bigsby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6787 on: July 6, 2019, 07:57:11 am »
Leonard is a fcking diva making people wait like this

• FUCK THE POLICE - NWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6788 on: July 6, 2019, 08:30:04 am »
Kawhi to Clippers per Woj. That's what i said, he likes Doc, didn't want to be 3rd wheel in Lakers.
paul George getting traded there too!! Apparently he requested a trade last week

Bit pissed off like but wish him well, man will always be a legend in Toronto

Offline rafathegaffa83

• Legacy Fan
  • Dutch Class
« Reply #6789 on: July 6, 2019, 09:15:39 am »

Not surprised Kawhi joins the Clippers, but the story that is stunning here is what the Clippers gave up for PG. OKC fleeced them: five 1sts, two pick swaps, Galinari and SGA. I think George can opt out of his current deal in 21/22. So the Clippers essentially have a two year title or bust window. Meanwhile, the Raptors can go on a tear down after winning the title. Madness.

• FUCK THE POLICE - NWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6790 on: July 6, 2019, 09:28:02 am »

Not surprised Kawhi joins the Clippers, but the story that is stunning here is what the Clippers gave up for PG. OKC fleeced them: five 1sts, two pick swaps, Galinari and SGA. I think George can opt out of his current deal in 21/22. So the Clippers essentially have a two year title or bust window. Meanwhile, the Raptors can go on a tear down after winning the title. Madness.
to be fair the deal is really what they gave to OKC and their cap space for PG and Kawhi, they had a nice team before but wouldn’t have gotten too far but now they’ve got some nice depth and the best player from the playoffs and a top 3 player next season, based on their depth I’d put them as favourites, in large part down to them having the likes of Harrell and Lou Williams for something like $15m combined for the next two years

What’s interesting now is what happens with Westbrook, just pray for his sake he doesn’t get traded to the knicks. Nice to see Paul George sticking up for him on his twitter tho.

And of course what the raps do, this group and win OG back can probably get to the conference semis, maybe the conference finals with the lack of star power in the east now, bit annoying that they’ve loads of cap space next summer and not the one after with the likes of Giannis and Beal available, the latter deffo gettable
« Last Edit: July 6, 2019, 09:31:22 am by Lush is the best medicine... »

Offline deFacto please, you bastards

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6791 on: July 6, 2019, 10:04:03 am »
HAHAHAHHAHAHAHAH  so happy the Lakers didnt get their way. OKC will do fuck all with those picks

Offline Yiannis

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Reds fan from Greece
« Reply #6792 on: July 6, 2019, 10:43:09 am »
What's a pick swap?

Also, the 5 first round picks are mouth watering but what if all of them are late first round ones with the Clippers potentially being very good for the next years?

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6793 on: July 6, 2019, 10:46:01 am »
What's a pick swap?

Also, the 5 first round picks are mouth watering but what if all of them are late first round ones with the Clippers potentially being very good for the next years?

Kawhi doesn't go to the Clippers if George doesn't come as well. So essentially you've traded all those picks for Kawhi and George. It's the right move. Picks mean feck all. You have a proven 2 time NBA Finals MVP, and another all start for all of those picks. As long as Kawhi is playing for the Clippers, they have a chance for a ring for the next 4 years.

Offline elsewhere

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #6794 on: July 6, 2019, 11:55:24 am »
What's a pick swap?

Exactly. More than likely they won't even sign beyond their rookie contracts.

Offline Yiannis

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Reds fan from Greece
« Reply #6795 on: July 6, 2019, 12:02:48 pm »
Kawhi doesn't go to the Clippers if George doesn't come as well. So essentially you've traded all those picks for Kawhi and George. It's the right move. Picks mean feck all. You have a proven 2 time NBA Finals MVP, and another all start for all of those picks. As long as Kawhi is playing for the Clippers, they have a chance for a ring for the next 4 years.

Erm...yes, I said as such. I literally doubted if OKC got a great return for Paul George.

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #6796 on: July 6, 2019, 12:04:17 pm »

Erm...yes, I said as such. I literally doubted if OKC got a great return for Paul George.

Erm I know, I was agreeing with you  :D

• FUCK THE POLICE - NWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6797 on: July 6, 2019, 12:04:35 pm »
In 2025 Kawhi will be 34 and PG 35 so that last unprotected pick could turn out to be a decent one, plus shai is a nice young piece, be interesting to see where Westbrook goes as I can’t see him staying much longer, those last two picks could be good trade assets in the future

What's a pick swap?
  It’s a way round the rule that you can’t give consecutive picks, can work well with the nets and Boston one (although I think the nets got levert with a Boston pick swap) but barring Kawhi and PG getting injured and them missing out on the playoffs one year and some fluke where they get the top 4 pick it’s pretty much worthless
« Last Edit: July 6, 2019, 12:07:23 pm by Lush is the best medicine... »

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #6798 on: July 6, 2019, 12:05:07 pm »
If I'm Westbrook, I'd ask for a trade.

• FUCK THE POLICE - NWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6799 on: July 6, 2019, 12:11:22 pm »
If I'm Westbrook, I'd ask for a trade.
problem is where, both LA and New York teams are pretty much out now, I don’t think the Kawhi deal is done in a way to give Toronto a trade exception where they could get him if they want him, I mean Washington would probably happily give them John wall and his contract for him but after that it’s probably the likes of Orlando, charlotte, Minnesota or Chicago at best as I don’t see a title contender going for him, esp with what you’d have to give up to get the contracts to match

I mean if it’s someone like Minnesota you give up Wiggins as the main piece for Westbrook, I doubt okc say yes to that