Author Topic: NBA Discussion  (Read 630511 times)

Offline Broad Spectrum

• Antibiotic
  • Legacy Fan
Re: NBA Discussion
« Reply #6560 on: June 14, 2019, 10:42:17 am »
So I guess looking back on his comments, the cold weather didn't effect Kawhi all that much...

Offline rafathegaffa83

• Legacy Fan
  • Dutch Class
« Reply #6561 on: June 14, 2019, 11:09:05 am »
Congrats Toronto. I think people will remember this series for Kawhi putting in one of the all-time great playoff runs and on the other side all the crazy injuries suffered by Klay, Durant, Looney

So I guess looking back on his comments, the cold weather didn't effect Kawhi all that much...

To be fair he lucked out, it was a warmer/wetter than normal winter, but also a cooler and wetter than normal spring

Offline Yiannis

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Reds fan from Greece
« Reply #6562 on: June 14, 2019, 11:48:37 am »
Congrats Toronto fans. It's always great to see non 'established' teams win the NBA title. Drink it in and enjoy it for a long time.
Messi in fact doesn't have a recognizable trait.

Online Lynndenberries

• Not iste björksmak
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Sun don't shine in the shade
« Reply #6564 on: June 14, 2019, 03:33:09 pm »
Congrats to Toronto. Great team with a bunch of likeable players who deserve to win a title. I'm not the biggest Lowry fan, but he showed his worth last night especially in the first quarter.
I love mankind; it's people I can't stand.

Offline Bobinhood

• RAWK's Pam Ayres. Man without a hat.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hand over the Trophy
« Reply #6565 on: June 14, 2019, 04:18:28 pm »
Forever more to be know as the Larry OB trophy  ;D
Amplification does not equal truth. 

"Put these seeds in your pocket. At least sunflowers will grow where you lie!"
A Ukrainian housewife to a young Russian soldier, Feb 24,2022.

Offline deFacto please, you bastards

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6566 on: June 14, 2019, 04:27:16 pm »
If I'm Golden State, I'd move Green, if not this year, def not resign him next season, and help Curry and Klay with some actual depth. This year in particular I'd bring back Boogie and run the offense through him and Curry. Some decent options on the bench and they can be competitive but that's about it

Offline trimore

• Legacy Fan
  • Dastardly and Muttley with sick laughter
« Reply #6567 on: June 14, 2019, 06:13:31 pm »
I remember being absolutely delighted for the Raps to just win a single playoff series for the first edit: second time ever, first 7 game series, only a few years ago. Even if it was in the most scrappy, uninspired way possible against an OK Pacers team. What a difference a few seasons make. 
« Last Edit: June 14, 2019, 11:17:11 pm by trimore »
Go off to sleep in the sunshine, I don't want to see the day when it's dying

Offline Yiannis

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Reds fan from Greece
« Reply #6568 on: June 15, 2019, 12:51:04 pm »
Herb Simon, you see what happens when you show some ambition and take some risks? Do everything* that takes to make the Pacers contenders or sell the fuck up.

* He won't
Messi in fact doesn't have a recognizable trait.

Offline elsewhere

• Turning Japanese, I think I'm turning Japanese, I really think I mean African, so...
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6569 on: June 15, 2019, 12:56:42 pm »
If I'm Golden State, I'd move Green, if not this year, def not resign him next season, and help Curry and Klay with some actual depth. This year in particular I'd bring back Boogie and run the offense through him and Curry. Some decent options on the bench and they can be competitive but that's about it
We will offer full max to Klay and KD. Deaymond is also heart of this team, Cousins did ok but he's gone imo.

Offline elsewhere

• Turning Japanese, I think I'm turning Japanese, I really think I mean African, so...
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6570 on: June 15, 2019, 01:01:15 pm »
Looks like Kyrie to Brooklyn is a lock and they won't sign D'angelo. He will probably get max from a team like Pacers.

I am expecting some crazy trades even before the draft this summer, now that we won't have KD and Klay next season.

Offline elsewhere

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #6571 on: June 15, 2019, 03:58:54 pm »
So, will the Raptors meet Trump or Trudeau? ;D

Offline hulksagoodboy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6572 on: June 15, 2019, 05:07:52 pm »
So, will the Raptors meet Trump or Trudeau? ;D

Trudeau for sure.

Offline Canada Loves Anfield

• Everything you do is a balloon
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Born Under a Liverbird
« Reply #6573 on: June 15, 2019, 09:46:44 pm »
I have been drunk for 2 days. Good times.
If it acts like a cock and a banner appears on the kop with its name written down the shaft of a cock, it probably is...

Liverpool FC - Toronto Supporters Club: http://lfctoronto.com/

Offline DelTrotter

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #6574 on: June 15, 2019, 11:32:42 pm »
AD is a laker!!

Offline Gods_Left_Boot

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #6575 on: June 16, 2019, 01:17:21 am »
AD is a laker!!

Ball, Ingram, Hart, the 4th overall in this draft a two more first rounders, according to Wojnarowski. Good return for New Orleans, given that the Celtics were probably not in the running anymore and that there were not a lot of teams that could offer a credible trade package. Lakers gambling big that they can lure in a third star in free agency (maybe a not an absolute top tier, but someone like Butler or Kemba).
September 12, 2012:Truth today, justice tomorrow.

Oliver Kay ‏@OliverKayTimes
Those who've campaigned for the truth on Hillsborough were once a suppressed minority. Now the minority are those left clinging to the lies.

My idea was to build Liverpool into a bastion of invincibility. Napoleon had that idea. He wanted to conquer the bloody world.

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6576 on: June 16, 2019, 01:19:41 am »
Lakers maanged to keep Kuzma and looks like they are targeting signing Kemba, would be a very good line up if they pull it off. No sure about what they can do with their depth but next season is going to be interesting.

The door is open wide for everyone in the West. Houston need to make moves if they are serious, and so do Denver and Portland.

I'm not expecting a damn thing from us [Spurs]. I'd wish we'd trade Lamarcus

Offline rafathegaffa83

• Legacy Fan
  • Dutch Class
« Reply #6577 on: June 16, 2019, 02:14:27 am »
Nice haul for New Orleans. Gotta assume Davis will be re-signing with the Lakers. I could see the Pelicans being the winners in the long-term, if the Lakers can't get a decent supporting cast
« Last Edit: June 16, 2019, 02:27:29 am by rafathegaffa83 »

Offline b_joseph

• b_jesus, b_mary, b_joseph and the wee b_donkey. Unloyal gloryhunter who was probably Kelly Osbourne in another life.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6578 on: June 16, 2019, 02:22:44 am »
And we have the next great Laker big man...the tradition continues. Now for Lebron and AD to go recruiting!

Offline Clayton Bigsby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6579 on: June 16, 2019, 03:30:04 am »
Gutted their team. Need to add shooters though but who?

Offline elsewhere

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #6580 on: June 16, 2019, 07:29:00 am »
Something is really wrong about a player demanding a trade, pushing it and then getting a 4M bonus for being traded.

Offline lorenzo

• Kopite
« Reply #6581 on: June 16, 2019, 07:37:58 am »
Something is really wrong about a player demanding a trade, pushing it and then getting a 4M bonus for being traded.
Stop Crying its the players that put their body on the line.

Ask isaiah thomas if its fair...

Lakers are back!!! with one max star space i would take Jimmy butler.

Offline elsewhere

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #6582 on: June 16, 2019, 07:42:33 am »
Stop Crying its the players that put their body on the line.

Ask isaiah thomas if its fair...

Lakers are back!!! with one max star space i would take Jimmy butler.
I'm not crying mate ;D I was sure of AD trade this summer, just saying franchises could put a waiver for that if the player demands the trade.

Also, glad Lakers did it, it will make the league better but Kemba Walker move would be wrong though imo. They should put some shooters to open some space on the floor.

Online Rosario

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #6583 on: June 16, 2019, 07:52:55 am »
Surely Lakers use their remaining cap space on shooters and adding depth around Lebron and AD? Personally think adding one more star player like Kemba or Butler would be a bad idea.

Offline Garrus

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6584 on: June 16, 2019, 07:54:11 am »
Makes next year really interesting. Good chance for Pelicans to morph into a solid contender too.

Offline elsewhere

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #6585 on: June 16, 2019, 08:04:10 am »
Surely Lakers use their remaining cap space on shooters and adding depth around Lebron and AD? Personally think adding one more star player like Kemba or Butler would be a bad idea.
Rondo and AD were great in Pelicans. I would keep Rondo, get players like Ariza, Morris or trade for Bradley Beal instead of Kemba and build a bit more depth.

Offline BigJimFinn

• Main Stander
« Reply #6586 on: June 16, 2019, 12:00:28 pm »
Rondo and AD were great in Pelicans. I would keep Rondo, get players like Ariza, Morris or trade for Bradley Beal instead of Kemba and build a bit more depth.
Trade what exactly? The Lakers have no first-round pick to trade or swap until 2026, and after Bron, AD and Kuzma they have Mo Wagner and Isaac Bonga on the roster.
Their future is now completely committed to finding free agents around the star core, and they will need a lot of them. Specifically, they need perimeter defenders and 3-point shooters, and one good rotation big. Maybe guys like Ariza and either Morris will come cheaply, but they can't build a whole roster of 30-something guys and expect to keep it rolling for 100+ games.

Offline Bobinhood

• RAWK's Pam Ayres. Man without a hat.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hand over the Trophy
« Reply #6587 on: June 16, 2019, 02:08:33 pm »
Trudeau for sure.

Should go meet the Pope, since obviously his main man was in on it from the start. 4 bounces and in, lets go Raps. Not to mention a smiting here and a smiting there, of course.
Amplification does not equal truth. 

"Put these seeds in your pocket. At least sunflowers will grow where you lie!"
A Ukrainian housewife to a young Russian soldier, Feb 24,2022.

Offline elsewhere

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #6588 on: June 16, 2019, 02:14:57 pm »
Trade what exactly? The Lakers have no first-round pick to trade or swap until 2026, and after Bron, AD and Kuzma they have Mo Wagner and Isaac Bonga on the roster.
Their future is now completely committed to finding free agents around the star core, and they will need a lot of them. Specifically, they need perimeter defenders and 3-point shooters, and one good rotation big. Maybe guys like Ariza and either Morris will come cheaply, but they can't build a whole roster of 30-something guys and expect to keep it rolling for 100+ games.
I meant Kuzma if they think he will still need a few years to be reliable 3rd man and aging Lebron is in win now mode. Beal clearly wants out of Wizards since Wall won't be there whole year due to injury, a three way trade may work.

Offline elsewhere

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #6589 on: June 16, 2019, 05:23:37 pm »
Turns out Celtics refused to put Tatum in AD trade which broke it. Danny Ainge has  outsmarted himself, he has promised in winter time that he will make Tatum available and now this. He should've gone all for Kawhi, if he did, they were the champions.

To me he should be on the hot seat he way he handled his business last few years. Watch Tatum regress even more next year. Ainge can keep hoarding assets for a big move in 2030.

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #6590 on: June 16, 2019, 06:19:15 pm »
Turns out Celtics refused to put Tatum in AD trade which broke it. Danny Ainge has  outsmarted himself, he has promised in winter time that he will make Tatum available and now this. He should've gone all for Kawhi, if he did, they were the champions.

To me he should be on the hot seat he way he handled his business last few years. Watch Tatum regress even more next year. Ainge can keep hoarding assets for a big move in 2030.

AD wasn't going to sign with them even if he did get traded to Boston

Offline elsewhere

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #6591 on: June 16, 2019, 06:38:19 pm »
AD wasn't going to sign with them even if he did get traded to Boston
Same goes with Kawhi and Raptors but look what happened, they ended up with the trophy. Who will call him a bad GM now if Kawhi goes to Clippers?

He missed both Kawhi and AD opportunities plus even Kyrie left them.

Offline Lush is the best medicine...

• FUCK THE POLICE - NWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6592 on: June 16, 2019, 06:54:54 pm »
Same goes with Kawhi and Raptors but look what happened, they ended up with the trophy. Who will call him a bad GM now if Kawhi goes to Clippers?

difference is the raps have never won a title, Boston have many

Offline rafathegaffa83

• Legacy Fan
  • Dutch Class
« Reply #6593 on: June 16, 2019, 07:06:37 pm »
difference is the raps have never won a title, Boston have many

Another difference being DeRozan has likely peaked and plays in a style that doesn't transfer well long-term, whereas Tatum may not have peaked yet

Offline Doc Red

• Chills before posting and wishes others had too
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The eye cannot see what the mind does not know.
« Reply #6594 on: June 16, 2019, 07:21:04 pm »
Sheesh.
Even when we finally get cap space, and take some risky moves to make our squad more favourable for 2 possible 3 star players, something always happens. Our go to marquee franchise changing potential signing got scrwed by his former team and is now injured for the year. He might as well sign on and stay for another year and look at the options available rather than jump on board the Knicks.

Shame we can't sign Klay and Durant.
Meh.

Congrats to Toronto.
Way to stick the middle finger at the establishment and status, and narrative of how to build a championship winning squad.
If even for one season!
And Knicks supporters always knew how good Ujiri was as a GM. Absolutely fleeced us a couple of times with some ridiculously one sided trades.
The child who is not embraced by the village will burn it down to feel its warmth.
There go my people. I must follow them, for I am their leader.

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #6595 on: June 16, 2019, 07:21:56 pm »

I'm not defending him by any means. Kawhi did help Toronto win the chip but a A LOT of things had to happen for that to take place, notably both Klay and KD being injured. Also what Toronto gave up for Kawhi was very minimal compared to what Boston would to get AD.

Offline elsewhere

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #6596 on: June 16, 2019, 07:28:08 pm »
I'm not defending him by any means. Kawhi did help Toronto win the chip but a A LOT of things had to happen for that to take place, notably both Klay and KD being injured. Also what Toronto gave up for Kawhi was very minimal compared to what Boston would to get AD.
I see your point but what do you think they were gonna give if they were to trade Kawhi from Spurs? Much more than what Raptors gave?

Offline elsewhere

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #6597 on: June 16, 2019, 07:32:30 pm »
Stephen A Smith says CP3 wants out of Rockets and he will demand a trade possibly to Lakers or Clippers. Not surprising if it happens as it's not too much fun playing with James Harden but noone would want your washed up contract, ok maybe Lakers would.

Online RedG13

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #6598 on: June 16, 2019, 07:53:30 pm »
Lakers maanged to keep Kuzma and looks like they are targeting signing Kemba, would be a very good line up if they pull it off. No sure about what they can do with their depth but next season is going to be interesting.

The door is open wide for everyone in the West. Houston need to make moves if they are serious, and so do Denver and Portland.

I'm not expecting a damn thing from us [Spurs]. I'd wish we'd trade Lamarcus
Sign a lot vets on min that can play a role if they get Kemba. Kemba would be a good fit for la also

Offline elsewhere

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #6599 on: June 16, 2019, 08:26:57 pm »
Sign a lot vets on min that can play a role if they get Kemba. Kemba would be a good fit for la also
Kemba is ball dominant and you don't want that when you have Lebron. Call me crazy but i would go for Brogdon, Rubio or Beverley and use the rest of money for a role player.