Author Topic: The Queen- "One of the worst-dressed people in Britain".  (Read 1744 times)

Offline hooded claw

• Foiled by the Anthill Mob
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
    • The Plate Licked Clean
The Queen- "One of the worst-dressed people in Britain".
« on: October 23, 2005, 11:11:04 am »
 LONDON: French designer Sonia Rykiel has slammed Queen Elizabeth for her style, declaring her as one of the worst dressed people in Britain.

The designer particularly picked on the Queen's choice of bright colours and insisted she should dress more soberly, reported cotactmusic.com.

"The Queen is one of the worst dressed people in Britain. She should stop wearing those garish suits and hats immediately. A woman in her position should start dressing in a more sober fashion," Rykiel said.

Retorted a royal aide: "The Queen proudly wears British designers. She wears practical and stylish clothing which is right for the kind of work she does."

Added the Queen's dressmaker: "Sonia Rykiel should look in the mirror. Have you seen what she looks like?"

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/articleshow/msid-1272045,curpg-2.cms

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Now the Royal family are  a matter of supreme indifference to me, but you have to laugh at the Royal dressmaker's response. Junior school playground or what?

Offline Dread Breath

• Resident Lecter. Convicted of crimes against Andrew Symonds and pensioned off to Australia.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Re: The Queen- "One of the worst-dressed people in Britain".
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2005, 11:13:03 am »
Blame me for all the draft threads on RAWK

Offline The 5th Benitle

• Mitch Fenner and Gerry Francis' biggest fan. Karaoke James - The Sausagefest Superhero. A soldier not a Capo di tutti capi. Clapham Stalker. RAWK X Factor Winner 2011. The poor man's Sarge!
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Read, then post...
« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2005, 11:15:22 am »
Junior school playground or what?
Absolutely, my first thought too. Is the Times of India your preferred read for all British Royal news then Mr Claw?

Offline The 5th Benitle

• Mitch Fenner and Gerry Francis' biggest fan. Karaoke James - The Sausagefest Superhero. A soldier not a Capo di tutti capi. Clapham Stalker. RAWK X Factor Winner 2011. The poor man's Sarge!
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Read, then post...
« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2005, 11:16:07 am »

The dressmaker has a very valid point there

Offline hooded claw

• Foiled by the Anthill Mob
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
    • The Plate Licked Clean
« Reply #4 on: October 23, 2005, 11:44:16 am »
Absolutely, my first thought too. Is the Times of India your preferred read for all British Royal news then Mr Claw?

I usually read it for the callcentre ads. Although apparently they only want people called Steve or Dave.

Offline The 5th Benitle

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Read, then post...
« Reply #5 on: October 24, 2005, 02:45:42 pm »
I usually read it for the callcentre ads. Although apparently they only want people called Steve or Dave.
I notice there is an Indian Steve on Roger's RAWK fanbase map - that you?