Author Topic: Firefox  (Read 8387 times)

Offline Oddball

• aka 'Steve'. Thinks Autumn is a series. Shite at COD. Search me. Mathematical legend. "Space". Likes to Fuck holmes. Currently sporting a fetching muzzy. Onion Fondler. Blinded by the light. Would like a small larger beer. Can fakh orf
  • RAWK Diva
  • Legacy Fan
  • Woof woof woof
Re: Mozzilla Firefox!
« Reply #40 on: August 6, 2014, 08:37:10 am »
this may help .....

https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/questions/978168

Good man, Ive been having the same problem with the boxes. That has done the trick. Thanks :wave
We may sign Salah, but I'll show my arse in the middle of town if we sign one of VVD or Keita. Not gonna happen.

Online Elzar

• train station gate frustration - delia smith fan club founder ('ave it!)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bam!
Re: Mozzilla Firefox!
« Reply #41 on: August 6, 2014, 10:20:29 pm »
Seem to have Firefox working again. But for some reason all my desktop icons are huge. I can get them smaller, but too small  :no Only giving me the option of the current big icons, or the smaller ones. I need the one in between

What cured the firefox issue? Might help someone else out with future problems
We already have shit in the country, and the game of Liverpool fills life with joy. Thanks

Offline Pheeny

• Captain Pheeny of Maastricht
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • "Go and wake your kids up!"
  • Super Title: The King of Belgium
Firefox
« Reply #42 on: June 23, 2015, 09:10:28 pm »
When I type on a website whilst using Firefox sometimes the keyboard won't respond and then at others it will add extra letters like thiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiis

any ideas?

Offline Packalacky

• Legacy Fan
Re: Firefox
« Reply #43 on: June 23, 2015, 09:20:14 pm »
Does it happen with Firefox only, or in specific websites? Try using Chrome or Explorer to see if the issue persists. If it happens everywhere then the likely source of the issue is your keyboard. If it's only on Firefox then it could be multiple things, such as a misbehaving addon or extension.

Offline Pheeny

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #44 on: June 23, 2015, 09:31:44 pm »
It's just firefox don't want to use chrome as that no longer supports Silverlight and I need that for a couple of sites that I like to use.

I've just done a reset on firefox so I'll see how that goes.

Offline zabadoh

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Walk on with hope in your heart
« Reply #45 on: June 25, 2015, 05:01:05 am »
I'm thinking some sort of malware is at work.   Worst case is a keylogger capturing your passwords.

Scanners like malwarebytes can find these things, but safe removal leaving a stable machine is a different proposition.

If it's a bad browser plugin, that's easier.  Try deleting all the FF plugins.  If that fails, uninstalling then reinstalling FF, taking care not to install goofy plug-ins the second time.

If that fails, scan your PC with malwarebytes.  If anything interesting is found, you should seriously consider backup your data, wipe the hard drive and reinstall Windows.
“It's impossible,” said Pride.  “It's risky,” said Experience.  “It's pointless,” said Reason.

“Give it a try,” whispered the Heart. - Ken-Obi

Offline Pheeny

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #46 on: June 25, 2015, 07:49:05 pm »
It's all sorted now. Reset firefox and it's fine now,must have been one of the Add-ons.

Offline zabadoh

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #47 on: June 27, 2015, 12:20:49 am »
@pheeny. Glad to hear it was just that.
“It's impossible,” said Pride.  “It's risky,” said Experience.  “It's pointless,” said Reason.

Online Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #48 on: May 10, 2016, 10:07:07 pm »
My kids laptop is Windows 10. What a heap of shit to say the least

Anyway. Microsoft edge is a pile of absolute shite too, so I'm trying to use firefox on it. Google is blocked. YouTube, Facebook, and a load of other sites are blocked too.

How do I fix this?
Craig Burnley V West Ham - WEST HAM WIN - INCORRECT

Offline Ken-Obi

• Hasn't got Wan, doesn't deserve Wan
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: isn't going to get one of these either
« Reply #49 on: May 11, 2016, 03:55:52 am »

Anyway. Microsoft edge is a pile of absolute shite too, so I'm trying to use firefox on it. Google is blocked. YouTube, Facebook, and a load of other sites are blocked too.

How do I fix this?
Been using Firefox on Windows 10 since the upgrade last year - no such problems.

Where is this laptop being used?
What do you mean by 'blocked'?
Someone should do the right thing - go back in time to 1992 and destroy the codes to Championship Manager before it is ever released

Online Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #50 on: May 11, 2016, 09:34:00 am »
Been using Firefox on Windows 10 since the upgrade last year - no such problems.

Where is this laptop being used?
What do you mean by 'blocked'?

Just in the house. Works fine on my laptop using Windows 7.

Comes up with some sort of security exception and gives a message that I can't add it to the exceptions list.

Any search engine. Facebook. YouTube. The 3 things he uses most basically.

I'm wondering is it because he's signed into windows under his own account and with him being a 9 year old it's blocking them? Although I do remember having to change the D.O.B on his Microsoft account as he couldn't play some XBOX games so it should say he's over 18 really.

Just checked the D.O.B on his account and it says 1996 so shouldn't be anything to do with his age.
« Last Edit: May 11, 2016, 09:40:27 am by Dear Henry »

Offline adruk87

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #51 on: May 12, 2016, 04:28:03 pm »

How do I fix this?

I've come across this problem before. I found that if you take the 'S' off https:// and instead use http:// it seemed to fix it, unsure why it happened but did it at work and that solved it.

ie use this as your homepage link http://www.google.co.uk
"Corner taken quickly, ORIGI!"

Offline zabadoh

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #52 on: May 15, 2016, 03:53:46 am »
@Dear Henry:  Sounds like the typical Windows DNS cache corruption that happens a lot on all versions of Windows

Close all your browsers, then:

http://www.technipages.com/flush-and-reset-the-dns-resolver-cache-using-ipconfig

Online Barneylfc∗

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #53 on: May 16, 2016, 01:06:00 am »
@Dear Henry:  Sounds like the typical Windows DNS cache corruption that happens a lot on all versions of Windows

Close all your browsers, then:

http://www.technipages.com/flush-and-reset-the-dns-resolver-cache-using-ipconfig

Excellent mate. All working fine now. Thanks for that.

Offline BlackandWhitePaul

• Principled Newcastle fan- who gave up following his team rather than support Saudi takeover
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Firefox don't work
« Reply #54 on: August 18, 2016, 10:02:24 am »
I have 3 browsers here on my iMac, Chrome, Safari and Firefox.

The other 2 are fine however Firefox, for about a month now keeps crashing, randomly.

This comes on the screen when it crashes (which is every time I use it).

Any advice on how to fix it please?

Offline SP

• Thor ain't got shit on this dude! Alpheus. SPoogle. The Equusfluminis Of RAWK. Straight in at the deep end with a tube of Vagisil. Needs to get a half-life. Needs a damned good de-frag.
  • RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Southern Pansy
Re: Firefox don't work
« Reply #55 on: August 18, 2016, 10:08:23 am »
Hold down shift whilst starting Firefox.

https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/troubleshoot-firefox-issues-using-safe-mode

See if it starts in safe mode, if it does try disabling extensions until it works. Also try a factory settings restore.

Online CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #56 on: August 18, 2016, 10:14:45 am »
What version are you running and on what Mac OS?

I'm not having any issues with Firefox 48.0 on Yosemite 10.10.5.

In the past it's always been an extension that's been causing it, so Safe Mode and disabling extensions as so suggests is probably the way to go.

• Principled Newcastle fan- who gave up following his team rather than support Saudi takeover
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #57 on: August 18, 2016, 10:23:08 am »
Hold down shift whilst starting Firefox.

https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/troubleshoot-firefox-issues-using-safe-mode

See if it starts in safe mode, if it does try disabling extensions until it works. Also try a factory settings restore.
Thank you, I will try that later  :)

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #58 on: August 18, 2016, 10:25:14 am »
What version are you running and on what Mac OS?

I'm not having any issues with Firefox 48.0 on Yosemite 10.10.5.

In the past it's always been an extension that's been causing it, so Safe Mode and disabling extensions as so suggests is probably the way to go.

Firefox version 47.0.1
El Capitan 10.11.6