Author Topic: The RAWK Film Thread  (Read 3519981 times)

Offline NatD

• Takes offence at authors and people who eat in restaurants.
  • Legacy Fan
Re: The RAWK Film Thread
« Reply #19960 on: November 24, 2011, 02:20:39 pm »
Just watched a trailer for The Debt - available for download at the usual places and looks like a good movie.

"...waking up at 12 in my clothes again, feel my head explode from a night of Gin..."

Offline bellinter

• Infamous author of 'The Joy of Hate'
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #19961 on: November 24, 2011, 02:39:43 pm »
Apparently Hugo and The Muppets movie are both incredibly good.

Read Ebert's review of Hugo and it does sound incredible. Saw the trailer in 3D before Tin Tin as well and it did look very promising. Cant wait for it.

Also really looking forward to Take Shelter, hopefully see it over the weekend some time. By all accounts Michael Shannon is superb in it, which is hardly a surprise.
In ceremonies of the horsemen, even the pawn must hold a grudge.

Offline Chakan

• Chaka Chaka.....is in love with Aristotle but only for votes. The proud owner of some very private piles and an inflatable harem! Winner of RAWK's Carabao Cup captian contest.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Internet Terrorist lvl VI
« Reply #19962 on: November 24, 2011, 03:34:49 pm »
Warrior is a great movie. Really enjoyed it.

Offline Titi Camara

• Hey, wanna hear the new dubstep song I wrote? Wub, Wub, Wub! Wubba Lubba Dub Dub! I'm Pickle Rick with hirsute areolae!
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Number 21 of the Crazy 88
« Reply #19963 on: November 24, 2011, 04:12:24 pm »
Last three seen...

The Warrior - Entertaining even if it is a touch predictable - 6/10

Melancholia - The sort of thing that will definitely divide opinion just like Lost in Translation, some will argue that nothing happens, others will argue that's not the point. I personally really liked it, mad and sad all at the same time - 7/10

Snowtown - Surprised this hasn't been discussed in here yet. A hard hitting, visceral film with some great performances. As difficult as it is to watch, the most shocking thing comes at the end, when you find out that this has all been based on a true story. Belting - 8/10
« Last Edit: November 24, 2011, 04:39:07 pm by Titi Camara »

Offline RMG

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #19964 on: November 24, 2011, 11:21:02 pm »
Nowhere Boy

Interesting story John Lennon's younger days. Really enjoyed it, found it very moving.

4/5

Offline And Could He Play

• aka And Could He Play.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #19965 on: November 24, 2011, 11:32:52 pm »
Nowhere Boy

Interesting story John Lennon's younger days. Really enjoyed it, found it very moving.

4/5

Is there one Scouser in that film?

watched "the Debt" and "50/50" last night, both good films.
www. ... .com      RAWK Clique Leader
Not saying my ex girlfriend was a slag but even the label in her knickers said next.

Offline RMG

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #19966 on: November 25, 2011, 12:08:48 am »
Is there one Scouser in that film?

From what I've just seen on Wiki there are two Scousers in it.

• aka And Could He Play.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #19967 on: November 25, 2011, 12:11:50 am »
From what I've just seen on Wiki there are two Scousers in it.

Think wiki might have that wrong, watched it a while back and thought none of them where, probably mistaken. Just how hard can it be to make a film based in Liverpool about a scouse group, and not have all scouse actors in it. Its like making a cockney gangster film and having all Brummies in it.
Not saying my ex girlfriend was a slag but even the label in her knickers said next.

Offline RMG

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #19968 on: November 25, 2011, 12:17:34 am »
Think wiki might have that wrong, watched it a while back and thought none of them where, probably mistaken. Just how hard can it be to make a film based in Liverpool about a scouse group, and not have all scouse actors in it. Its like making a cockney gangster film and having all Brummies in it.

Josh Bolt and David Morrissey are from Liverpool apparently? That is from wiki though.
I see what you mean though, having a look at where the main cast were from and hardly any of them from Liverpool (according to wiki) I thought the lad who played Paul was great.

• aka And Could He Play.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #19969 on: November 25, 2011, 12:31:06 am »
Just watched a trailer for The Debt - available for download at the usual places and looks like a good movie.

It's quality.

Offline RMG

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #19970 on: November 25, 2011, 12:34:12 am »
Max Payne is on tomorrow. Is it any good?

Not really a fan of Mark Wahlberg.

Offline Trada

• Fully paid up member of the JC cult. Ex-Tory boy. Corbyn's Chief Hagiographer. Sometimes hasn't got a kloop.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Trada
« Reply #19971 on: November 25, 2011, 03:51:50 am »
Remember seeing a doc once about this all Black squadron and thought it would make a good film.

The CGI looks great, but will it be another Pearl Harbor?

"How you like that Mr Hitler"

"From adversity to the stars"

"We fight, We fight, We fight"

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/mklOM5HHDgA?version=3&amp;amp;hl=en_US&amp;amp;rel=0" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/mklOM5HHDgA?version=3&amp;amp;hl=en_US&amp;amp;rel=0</a>

« Last Edit: November 25, 2011, 03:58:00 am by Trada »
Don't blame me I voted for Jeremy Corbyn!!

Miss you Tracy more and more every day xxx

“I carry them with me: what they would have thought and said and done. Make them a part of who I am. So even though they’re gone from the world they’re never gone from me.

Offline Trada

• Fully paid up member of the JC cult. Ex-Tory boy. Corbyn's Chief Hagiographer. Sometimes hasn't got a kloop.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Trada
« Reply #19972 on: November 25, 2011, 04:09:38 am »
They should have called it the fucking c*nt bitch.

But maybe another Oscar nom for Meryl Streep?

Very apt film to release right now when it feels like things have gone full circle.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/yDiCFY2zsfc?version=3&amp;amp;hl=en_US&amp;amp;rel=0" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/yDiCFY2zsfc?version=3&amp;amp;hl=en_US&amp;amp;rel=0</a>

« Last Edit: November 25, 2011, 04:36:15 am by Trada »

“I carry them with me: what they would have thought and said and done. Make them a part of who I am. So even though they’re gone from the world they’re never gone from me.

Offline RedRich84

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
  • SOS 7033
« Reply #19973 on: November 25, 2011, 11:03:21 am »
They should have called it the fucking c*nt bitch.

But maybe another Oscar nom for Meryl Streep?

Very apt film to release right now when it feels like things have gone full circle.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/yDiCFY2zsfc?version=3&amp;amp;hl=en_US&amp;amp;rel=0" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/yDiCFY2zsfc?version=3&amp;amp;hl=en_US&amp;amp;rel=0</a>

I saw it this morning at work. Brilliant film and no matter what you think of Thatcher, Meryl Streep's portrayal is excellent. Shoe-in for an Oscar I'd say...

Offline Trada

• Legacy Fan
  • Trada
« Reply #19974 on: November 25, 2011, 11:25:45 am »
I saw it this morning at work. Brilliant film and no matter what you think of Thatcher, Meryl Streep's portrayal is excellent. Shoe-in for an Oscar I'd say...

Do they touch football at all?

I have a feeling they don't.

« Last Edit: November 25, 2011, 11:30:01 am by Trada »

Offline BigJumper

• Anny Roader
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #19975 on: November 25, 2011, 11:53:23 am »
Watched District 9 last night, surprisingly good film.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1136608/
An extraterrestrial race forced to live in slum-like conditions on Earth suddenly finds a kindred spirit in a government agent who is exposed to their biotechnology.

And for anyone who wants  to watch it online, it's a good picture and sound
www.putlocker.com/file/NCLY21O1680WWG

Offline red_Mark1980

• Wool ginger runner
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • J.F.T.97
« Reply #19976 on: November 25, 2011, 12:22:09 pm »

Surprisingly good when it came out about 2 years ago

Offline J-Mc-

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #19977 on: November 25, 2011, 12:27:08 pm »

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1136608/
An extraterrestrial race forced to live in slum-like conditions on Earth suddenly finds a kindred spirit in a government agent who is exposed to their biotechnology.

And for anyone who wants  to watch it online, it's a good picture and sound
www.putlocker.com/file/NCLY21O1680WWG

Saw it a few times, quite a decent film but loses it's charm after a few watches.

Aren't they making a District 10?

Offline Titi Camara

• Hey, wanna hear the new dubstep song I wrote? Wub, Wub, Wub! Wubba Lubba Dub Dub! I'm Pickle Rick with hirsute areolae!
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #19978 on: November 25, 2011, 03:37:25 pm »
It's quality.

Did you go to the cinema for this one lol........a TS I'm guessing???

;)

• aka And Could He Play.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #19979 on: November 25, 2011, 03:41:37 pm »
Did you go to the cinema for this one lol........a TS I'm guessing???

;)

Dvdrip, a couple of days ago  ;D

Offline Titi Camara

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #19980 on: November 25, 2011, 03:46:52 pm »
Dvdrip, a couple of days ago  ;D

Ah splendid....must have missed that! I'll check out PB in a bit init!!!

Anything else pop up in the last few days I might have missed due to Skyrim taking over my life????

Offline rob1408

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #19981 on: November 25, 2011, 03:52:18 pm »
50-50 screener
Warrior screener
The Thing R5
Immortals screener/HDTVRip

Have all leaked over the past few days.  Tyrannosaur should be out within the next five hours, I seen it at the cinema and thought it was superb.

Offline Titi Camara

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #19982 on: November 25, 2011, 03:56:19 pm »
50-50 screener
Warrior screener
The Thing R5
Immortals screener/HDTVRip

Have all leaked over the past few days.  Tyrannosaur should be out within the next five hours, I seen it at the cinema and thought it was superb.

Happy daze! A good weekends viewing awaits!

Offline BigJumper

• Anny Roader
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #19983 on: November 25, 2011, 06:02:29 pm »
Surprisingly good when it came out about 2 years ago

Well I only stumbled across it the other day, was just posting it was a decent film, the thread isn't called 'films that came out in the last five minutes'  :P and if someone else has posted about it two years ago, I haven't read the whole thread so no apologies, just thought I'd share that I thought it was good that's all.

Offline Mr Dilkington

• would rather be too cold than too hot
  • Legacy Fan
  • Never buy the Sun
    • www.level3football.com
« Reply #19984 on: November 25, 2011, 06:37:03 pm »
'District 9' is fantastic.
You change all the lead, sleeping in my head, as the day grows dim, I hear you sing a golden hymn.

Offline John_P

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #19985 on: November 25, 2011, 08:32:54 pm »
finally watched 'Friday Night Lights' having read the book a few years ago, not as good as the book but still a thoroughly enjoyable film.
"I must go to the hospital because the injury was so serious that maybe he will be there for one week,"

Gamertag: Chosen John

Offline Walk On

• Legacy Fan
  • Walk on, walk on, with hope in your heart ...
« Reply #19986 on: November 26, 2011, 02:25:33 am »
Seen We need to talk about Kevin tonight.  Can understand why the critics are raving about it but its not everyone's cup of tea...
Not having read the book I thought it was quite good.

7/10
- Rebuilding the Bastion

• aka And Could He Play.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #19987 on: November 26, 2011, 12:55:35 pm »
The Thing R5 and Immortals screener in the usual places.

Offline Prelude no.5

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • op.23. Thanks for everything Rafa
« Reply #19988 on: November 26, 2011, 01:00:36 pm »
I saw my first Indiana Jones yesterday, Raiders of the Lost Ark, and bloody hell I've never seen anything that tried to cram as much as stereotypical nonsense as this in its 2hr runtime. Nazi as villians, a French bastard, Ark of the Covenant, talking to God you name it. Was fun though.
"We gave the fans the pride. Again. We fight for the fans, we fight for the club and we fight for our players. Maybe he cannot understand this." ~ Rafa Benitez

Offline se9R.F.L

• Legacy Fan
  • i fight the empire, i fix the robots.
    • imdb
« Reply #19989 on: November 26, 2011, 02:12:43 pm »
I saw my first Indiana Jones yesterday, Raiders of the Lost Ark, and bloody hell I've never seen anything that tried to cram as much as stereotypical nonsense as this in its 2hr runtime. Nazi as villians, a French bastard, Ark of the Covenant, talking to God you name it. Was fun though.
And I thought bigjumper was slow seeing district 9!!

Got my invitation to the cast and crew screening of Hugo through for next Sunday (1030 am!) looking forward to seeing it. Spent a long time working on that and it'll be fun to see the results. The trailers make it look utter dogshit but the reviews have been glowing. The whole history of cinema side plot that Scorsese has shoehorned in will be interesting and I know the 3D looks wicked, we had 42 inch 3D monitors on set. Was fun watching your mates in 3D walking around between takes!
Will report back.

Offline Prelude no.5

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #19990 on: November 26, 2011, 03:13:39 pm »
And I thought bigjumper was slow seeing district 9!!

;) I've said many times on this thread that I have some catching up to do with regards the classics.
"We gave the fans the pride. Again. We fight for the fans, we fight for the club and we fight for our players. Maybe he cannot understand this." ~ Rafa Benitez

• aka And Could He Play.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #19991 on: November 26, 2011, 03:15:34 pm »
;) I've said many times on this thread that I have some catching up to do with regards the classics.

I have never watched the first couple of rambos, or any of the first rockys. Not watched the matrix either.

Offline Prelude no.5

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #19992 on: November 26, 2011, 03:50:56 pm »
I have never watched the first couple of rambos, or any of the first rockys. Not watched the matrix either.

It's the same here, except for the Matrix.

It's quite a shame, but there's a limit to how many I can watch in a week, and these past few months I've been watching some series (The Sopranos, Life, Planet Earth, Mad Men) and they take a lot of time compared to film.

I've been following the Imdb rankings though, and it's great help.

Up next for tomorrow is 12 Angry Men. I have been looking forward to it for quite some time.

Offline Mr Dilkington

• would rather be too cold than too hot
  • Legacy Fan
  • Never buy the Sun
    • www.level3football.com
« Reply #19993 on: November 26, 2011, 03:52:50 pm »
Went to see the new Twilight last night.

Genuinely one of the most boring, cringe worthy, unbelievable, and tacky films i've ever seen.

The acting was wooden, the script was tedious and the 'plot line' just unbearably dull. It dragged on for fucking ages as well, there was honestly a good 45 minutes that could have been cut from this epic mess of a film and you wouldn't have noticed a difference.

Fucking insultingly shite from the very first minute to the last.

Fuck you Stephanie Meyer with your plastic cut out characters, fuck you Taylor Lautner and your shitty fucking abs (Which by the way, they manage to show off about 8 seconds into the film, it kind of sets the tone). Fuck you Robert Pattinson, fuck you Justin Beiber, fuck all the stupid little girls that will fawn over this shite and make it out to be the greatest love story ever told, fuck everyone of them, and fuck society and life in general.

Werner Herzog FTW.
You change all the lead, sleeping in my head, as the day grows dim, I hear you sing a golden hymn.

Offline El Diablos

• The Chronologically Trousered Philanthropist
  • Legacy Fan
  • All posts copyright of Alan Smithee
« Reply #19994 on: November 26, 2011, 03:55:35 pm »
Went to see the new Twilight last night.

Genuinely one of the most boring, cringe worthy, unbelievable, and tacky films i've ever seen.

The acting was wooden, the script was tedious and the 'plot line' just unbearably dull. It dragged on for fucking ages as well, there was honestly a good 45 minutes that could have been cut from this epic mess of a film and you wouldn't have noticed a difference.

Fucking insultingly shite from the very first minute to the last.

Fuck you Stephanie Meyer with your plastic cut out characters, fuck you Taylor Lautner and your shitty fucking abs (Which by the way, they manage to show off about 8 seconds into the film, it kind of sets the tone). Fuck you Robert Pattinson, fuck you Justin Beiber, fuck all the stupid little girls that will fawn over this shite and make it out to be the greatest love story ever told, fuck everyone of them, and fuck society and life in general.

Werner Herzog FTW.
;D

Offline litliper

• Legacy Fan
  • Does anybody wanna buy a country?
« Reply #19995 on: November 26, 2011, 09:40:59 pm »
50/50 is a great movie. Highly recommended.
"My country is the world, and my religion to do good." (Thomas Paine)

• aka And Could He Play.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #19996 on: November 26, 2011, 09:44:24 pm »
50/50 is a great movie. Highly recommended.

agreed.

The thing is going on now.

Offline Trada

• Legacy Fan
  • Trada
« Reply #19997 on: November 26, 2011, 09:52:20 pm »
Just noticed this is on the Torrents to download.

Aliens Vs Avatars

But I'm too scared to download it I have a feeling it's going to be very shit.

« Last Edit: November 26, 2011, 09:56:04 pm by Trada »

• aka And Could He Play.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #19998 on: November 26, 2011, 09:52:59 pm »
it will be awful. 100%

Offline Trada

• Legacy Fan
  • Trada
« Reply #19999 on: November 26, 2011, 09:57:45 pm »
it will be awful. 100%

Just found a review on IMDB.

And you are right.

User Reviews

Too easy a target...
26 November 2011 | by camera-shy (UK) – See all my reviews

I could be mean and rip this film a new one but as my title says its just too easy a target so i won't bother.

Instead i'll just say well done for having a go at filmmaking but i think you all need to work on your skills both as filmmakers and actors.

It looks like it was shot on one of those low end DV or HDV pro-sumer cams and the costumes were made out of egg crates and Old Trafford roll although they did make me laugh so there was a silver lining.

I'd be remiss as a reviewer not to warn people that this is a very low low ...low low budget film and you should enter into it with expectations to suit said budget ...low.

Peace.