Author Topic: European Cup Final - AC Milan vs. Liverpool - Build up here. D-day  (Read 48434 times)

Offline Hattori Hanzo

• Thinks people playing with lego shouldn't throw stones.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
my opinion is still to go for the  4-4-2, i think the more attacking pace and flair we have upfront the better chance we have of winning the game

---------------------dudek--------------------------

finnan-------carra---------hyypia------------riise

garcia-------alonso-------gerrard----------kewell

------------baros-----------cisse-------------------

that would be my starting XI, if we banged a couple of goals in then and only then would i be tempted to play 4-2-3-1 (taking baros off and bringing hamann on)

Offline baz

• Legacy Fan
Oh my God..we're going to Istanbul.
It really is getting exciting.

Offline MattLFC08

• Forgetful nose poker-inner - Who Must Try Harder!
  • Legacy Fan
  • 96 Never Forgotten.
Oh my God..we're going to Istanbul.
It really is getting exciting.

Wakey Wakey!!

;)
"As I come here to Liverpool and to Anfield I have drummed it into our players time and again, they are PRIVILEGED to play for you and if you did not believe me! Do You Believe Me Now?"

Bill Shankly (2 September 1913 – 29 September 1981)

Offline r3dman

• Kemlynite
  • Jedi Master
I still find you Liverpool fans reallly great! ;)
-The darkside of the force is the pathway to many abilities, some considered to be un-natural...
-Is it possible to learn this power?
-Not from a Jedi!

Offline baz

• Legacy Fan
I still find you Liverpool fans reallly great! ;)

Cheers redman. How are you doing? Pity about Milan falling so far behind Juve in the race for the Scudetto. Do you think its all over? Or will Carlo definitely have to play a full strength team against Palermo?

Its Palermos last game of the season so this ones going to be a pretty tough one for you, but we wish you good luck. It'll be interesting if you win and Juve trip up against Livorno.

But in your hearts you must be thinking its all over, especially after Juve beat you at the san siro :(

Offline r3dman

• Kemlynite
  • Jedi Master
Cheers redman. How are you doing? Pity about Milan falling so far behind Juve in the race for the Scudetto. Do you think its all over? Or will Carlo definitely have to play a full strength team against Palermo?

Cheers! I'm doing great, although we lost the scudetto. It's really a good period for me, cause I'm anxious about Star Wars: ep 3(big fan) and the final in Istambul. The unpleasant part is that my idiot teachers in the University planned a lot of projects on the 23rd and I also have an exam on the 25th that I can't really miss, so I won't be going to Turkey. Damn, I had the whole trip planned. Anyway, I guess from the 5 point advantage that Juve has, that Ancelotti gave up on the scudetto, so yeah, it's all over in Serie A. It's imposible to reach them when there are only 2 more matches to play. I hope the good players get to rest a little, cause they sure need it, especially Cafu and Maldini
-The darkside of the force is the pathway to many abilities, some considered to be un-natural...
-Is it possible to learn this power?
-Not from a Jedi!

Offline mulane

• rouge
  • Legacy Fan
god im getting really nervous now!!!! especially when i hear the names of the milan team!!! they are like the who's who of football. God i keeping thinking about how gutted i would be if we lost!!! im gonna be a nervous wreck thro it all. Was there a chelsea player or someone else who said it would hurt more to lose in a final than a semi final! i thought first sure as long as we get past chelsea i dont care, because it would really hurt to lose to them again, but now i realise it will be more terrible (and painful) if we lose the final!

Offline DonkeyWan

• ker. Football Genius, Generously gives Young Jürgen pointers to help him improve.
  • Legacy Fan
  • I never met a man who wasn't...
Personally I would start baros, Cisse would be a better impact sub and Baros will definitley be up for a final
Beatings will continue until morale improves...

Offline codger

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Don't really agree; the conventional wisdom is that the Semi defeat is the one that really kills you. If the Reds get battered in Istanbul, while chasing the game; then that would  be a real bastard.  But WTF?
Getting to the Final was FUN; beating Chelsea of all teams was fantastic.  Poetic justice?  -  you betcha!
This Liverpool team aren't really built for cavalier play; but Raffa will haffa plan.
BELIEVE!

Offline gjr1

• Legacy Fan
Hi,

The starting team is so hard to predict. AC have no idea either.

I think they will guess at a 5 man midfield with either Cisse or Baros starting. I don't think they will expect both to start. Myself, I don't know at all.

Harry maybe the gamble that Rafa goes with.

So...

---------Dudek

Finnen-----Sami---Carra----Tarore

Garcia---SG---Alonso---JAR

-------------HK

----------Baros/Cisse
Obi-Wan:
Mos Eisley spaceport. You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy. We must be cautious.

Offline MasterJ

• Kopite
  • "IDALGO"
I can't see Baros starting. I think he's fallen out of favour with the boss and only has a chance to come off the bench.

Offline soon2b19

• Main Stander
really hitting home now. this time next week I'll be mid-air on my way to Istanbul. Come on!!

Offline gjr1

• Legacy Fan
I can't see Baros starting. I think he's fallen out of favour with the boss and only has a chance to come off the bench.

I semi agree and Rafa dropped him for the CC final but we shall see.

:)
Obi-Wan:
Mos Eisley spaceport. You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy. We must be cautious.

Offline firebrand

• Anny Roader
Well the question sems to be whether it will be a lone attacker or a twin attack, but before you look at the strength of our attack you need to think of the strength of Milan.

They use a deep laying playmaker- Pirlo, a midfield terrier-Gattuso, a creative player in the "hole"- kaka and a roaming wide player-Serdof.

Rafa being Rafa will try to negate all these aspects and I believe the first thing he will do is to stop Kaka and that is where Hamman comes in. the other issue is stopping Serdof, I believe this will be acheived by Riise moving into the left back position and Traore shifting a bit inside and effectively having a five man defence when we are under attack.

Alonso & Gerrard will take care of the other midfield issues like dealing with Pirlo and Gattuso.

My lin up for the day would be

---------------------Dudek-------------------
Finnan      Carragher  Hyypia         Traore

-------------------Hamman--------------------
Garcia---------Gerrard------Alonso----Riise
 ---------------------Cisse--------------

Depending on how the Game is going Baros should come in on the hour mark replacing Hamman and the side reverting to a 4-4-2 formation.
« Last Edit: May 17, 2005, 12:29:01 pm by firebrand »
Dave Whelan is the comedian of the north west!!!!

Offline ibnefbgsPhyC

• Boys Pen
unutmayın istanbul a geliyosunuz aklılı olun da gasp etmesinlerrrr !!!
F.S. mehmet ıstanbul ve dünyanın sahibidir biy@d edin!!!!!
fuck you greece

Offline ibnefbgsPhyC

• Boys Pen
----------------------cordoba-----------------------
ibrahim t. -----ronaldo---cagdas----ibrahimü.
ali.tandoğan---guinti---tayfur-----carew---
-----------------youla----pascal--------------
 yıkılıyo a.q beeeee rüzgar ali ve karev kanatlarda

Offline Aidan_B

• Trust me, I am a doctor. HJC Champions - Nov 2003
  • Legacy Fan
  • Gone, perhaps forgotten
    • EnviroBuild
fuck you greece

Now now, just because they are the best national team in Europe ?

Offline baz

• Legacy Fan
Now now, just because they are the best national team in Europe ?

:)

Offline Liverbird 2010

• but you can call me....likes to giggle a lot but only if it's about fellatio
  • Legacy Fan

??? ::)
FOOTBALL IS A LIE! RAFAEL BENITEZ :-)

Offline Francesco_Totti_BJK

• Boys Pen
Beşiktaş ulan... We are waiting you friends...

Offline baz

• Legacy Fan
??? ::)

Ronaldo....since when did he turn into a defender.... :missus  ;)

Offline baz

• Legacy Fan
Aww man...can you believe, i'm reading reports that Milan have thrown in the towel with regard to the scudetto, and they are now focusing on the CL final. Oh well, at least they wont be able to say that they were'nt focused and stuff.

Hey Redman. You out there. What do you and fellow Milan supporters think about comments coming out of the Milanese camp.

Offline Red in Korea

• Claims to be from Korea but we're not convinced...
  • Legacy Fan
Aww man...can you believe, i'm reading reports that Milan have thrown in the towel with regard to the scudetto, and they are now focusing on the CL final.

Its only fair. Didn't we do that a month ago?
"What is called for is dignity. We need to set an example." Kenny Dalglish

Offline Revenge of the Sixth

• Kopite
  • Rafa is a legend
I'm really busy at the mo so I've been robbed of the oportunity to think about next week for long periods. Still, it's starting to bubble up nicley.

Offline RedMike-86-

• Thrice surprised
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • You'll Never Walk Alone
From .tv:

AC Milan boss Carlo Ancelotti today hailed Rafa Benitez for guiding Liverpool into the Champions League final in his first season on Merseyside.

Ancelotti will go head to head with Benitez in Istanbul next week as Milan take on Liverpool for the right to be crowned European Champions and, although the Italians will start the game as favourites, the experienced Ancelotti knows the Reds will provide tough opposition.

"Benitez has done a very good job with Liverpool," he said. "In his first year with the club he has taken them to the Champions League final.

"He has won the tactical battle against Chelsea and Juventus so I have a lot of respect for him. Liverpool is a team I like. They are organised and they have ideas.

"I think the game against Liverpool will be more or less in the same line as that against Juve (in the final two years ago)," admitted Ancelotti.

"It wouldn't surprise me if we had to go to the penalty shoot-out. And for this there is little you can do in terms of preparation even though we do practise penalties during training.

"But in a game, and especially in a final, it all has to be down to psychology and the conditions you face, so it's by no means easy."

- - - - - - - - -

I wonder if "Liverpool is a team I like" will still be true when we're celebrating number five?  :wave
In the land of the witless, the half-wit is king.

Offline baz

• Legacy Fan
"It wouldn't surprise me if we had to go to the penalty shoot-out. And for this there is little you can do in terms of preparation even though we do practise penalties during training.

Are these just mind-games...or is Carlo feeling the heat of Rafas Rojas.
I have a feeling that in Maureenesque fashion he's preparing for the worst outcome..and thats a good sign. Rafa is very clever (bless) and he will exploit things like this.

« Last Edit: May 18, 2005, 12:11:53 pm by baz »

Offline gramck24

• Tryathlete
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Just seen this on .tv

I thought, he hated Chelseas after the way he was treated.

Anyone??

----------------------

Hernan Crespo has told Chelsea he will set out to avenge their UEFA Champions League elimination by beating Liverpool with Milan. 

Rafa Benitez's side prevented Chelsea from edging closer to a historic treble when they dumped their West London counterparts out at the semi-final stage.

Crespo, on loan at Milan, faces Liverpool in Istanbul and is in a determined mood ahead of next Wednesday's final.

The Argentine's future is still in limbo at present but having continually reiterated his desire to remain in Italy in the past, it seems unlikely that a return to Stamford Bridge is on the cards.

'Maybe I could take revenge for Chelsea by beating Liverpool in the final,' declared Crespo.

'It is a good personal reason for me as I do not know what is going to happen next year.

'Milan want me but so do Chelsea and there have been talks.
'If I go back to England it will be fine but it feels like home here.

'I know Rafa because he was a coach at Valencia and they played a similar way to Liverpool.

'For me, playing their way is not a new tactic.

'The trophy is there for those who want to take it most and we will attack from the first minute to the last.'

http://www.liverpoolfc.tv/mediawatch/drilldown/MW8135050518-0959.htm

Offline pinky

• Legacy Fan
An excellent preview of the game by a Milan fan.

http://www.xtratime.org/forum/showpost.php?p=2927137&postcount=96

a) Milan has already become the first side to reach an unprecedented 5 UCL finals. Milan captain Paolo Maldini is on the brink of appearing in his RECORD 7th .... yes 7th ECC/UCL final.  According my knowledge, no football player has appeared in 7 ECC/UCL finals ever. It is an unbelievable feat. Maldini is set to make history!

Di Stefano did play 7 European Cups finals playing for Real Madrid, so Maldini would equal Di Stefano's record if he is avalaible for the final. But the player who has played more European Cups finals, 8, is the same that has won more trophies, 6, Paco Gento, also an ex-Real Madrid player.

Offline Kop King

• Kopite
  • King Robbie
in one of todays papers Crespo was Quoted as Saying " i will make Kop pay for knocking out Chelsea" fuck off crespo, Ugly argentine bastard  :wanker
"I said at half time, if we score it could be different, and we did score, and it was different"

Offline Red1234

• Main Stander
Personally I would start baros, Cisse would be a better impact sub and Baros will definitley be up for a final

That's what i was thinking

Offline cornelius

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • "Beware the beast man, for he is the Devil's pawn"
Since the win over Juve at Anfield my mind has been dominated by the image of that beautiful trophy. I lost sleep before the Chelsea games and have been buzzing ever since we beat them but now today for some reason I've really started to feel the buzz on a whole new level. My emotions are red raw and I must be really getting on the missus and nippers nerves at the mo. This is going to be some week for us and if we win, it really will be a pinnacle for so many reasons. Winning the treble brought a euphoria and ecstacy that many of us had never experienced before but if we beat Milan it will be on a higher plain altogether.

The dream I had the week before the Chelsea game of us beating Milan in the final 1-0 was so vivid. I am praying on a daily basis that it was not just a dream but a premonition. This is what each and every one of us has been craving for 21 years. If the big man upstairs let's us have this one I promise to be a good boy for the rest of my days!

I'm sure I will be able to handle defeat if we lose (and please nobody cry if we do, it looks ridiculous) but I want this one thing more than anything I've ever wanted. It sounds like we will outnumber the Milanese in the stadium so if everybody wills it on enough, in the spirit of Shankly, I'm certain we will prevail...

Come on Redmen!!!

:scarf :scarf :scarf :scarf :scarf :champ

Offline eskdale

• Legacy Fan
  • Nice shooting son, what's your name?
who the fuck is Crespo?

anyway starting 11 for me would be:

Dudek

Finnan        Carra              Hyypia         Traore

Hamman

Gerrard                   Alonso

Garcia                                               Kewell

Cisse

I would start with Cisse and go all out at the beginning and the perhaps bring Baros on if Cisse tires after knocking in a hat-trick in the first half  ;D ;D ;D

Come on you Reds!

Offline cornelius

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • "Beware the beast man, for he is the Devil's pawn"
Kewell ahead of Riise :o

Offline Red1234

• Main Stander
who the fuck is Crespo?

anyway starting 11 for me would be:

Dudek

Finnan        Carra              Hyypia         Traore

Hamman

Gerrard                   Alonso

Garcia                                               Kewell

Cisse

Can't see rafa starting kewell instead of riise

Offline JP!

• An infinite ocean of joy. May in fact be the reincarnation of the Buddha.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Save us Fowler
    • Cranky Englishman - Yes, that's me.
In the last few big games I've noticed something unusual. When we score I go mental like I always have but just recently I also go really dizzy. Against the blue nose when Garcia scored I actually had to sit down because I nearly fainted. I must be old age creeping on. I think if we score against Milan the same thing will happen and if we win I'll probably pass out.
Don't worry ma friend, I'm 15 and I'm the same.
I don't agree, he'd go to Legoland. Bye.

Offline myrlas