Author Topic: Arsenal 3 Liverpool 1 – Post match analysis  (Read 20598 times)

Offline Victor

• Legacy Fan
  • Daa Dah Daaaaaaaaaa
Re: Arsenal 3 Liverpool 1 – Post match analysis
« Reply #160 on: May 8, 2005, 07:20:08 pm »
Rafa knows some of the players in  our squad need to be moved on .... if anything the Champs League run has just increased their value

He's said in the past he doesn't expect us to be this far out of the running ever again and I think I'll hold him to that :-)

UEFA cup and the premiership will do nicely next year .... chances are we can beat everton in the final :-)
"There are two great teams in Liverpool.... Liverpool and Liverpool Reserves"

Offline zigackly

• ...is Cassius Clay
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • You're ferpectly right.
« Reply #161 on: May 8, 2005, 07:23:16 pm »
really? So we can go with 'Rafa's first season and we're in the Champions League Final!' too with such mathematical grace?.. sorry.. don't understand. ?

Anyway. Who gives.. well done Everton. Fully deserved.

Are you talking about me or someone else?
A liar will not be believed, even when he speaks the truth.

Online rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #162 on: May 8, 2005, 07:24:22 pm »
Missed the first half (sounds like I should be glad), looked good in the second, Cisse is looking a lot sharper, just needs a goal now. Noticed that c*nt Gray making a big deal out of the shite getting fourth. Me, I'm not arsed. Fourth never has and never will be something to celebrate.Reminds me of that old joke about the Blue noses dog that does somersaults when they draw. Bloke asks him what it does when they win "Fuck knows, only had him 5 years".There's aren't four places on a podium, they don't give out medals for fourth. My Blue nose neighbour will give me shit,I'll laugh at him feeling superior for finishing Fourth, but from next Sunday on it will all be about Istanbul on the 25th.Then, come August, we can all settle down to channel 5 and watch their dreams go up in a cloud of smoke and welcome them into the UEFA cup.

Next season, we need to give all our concentration on putting in a strong challenge for the League.Rafa has had a season to hopefully gauge what he needs to don and how to go about achieving that.
Jurgen YNWA

Offline Filler.

• Up. resurrected. Keeps his Kath in a cage, but not sure if the new baby is in there as well. Studying for a Masters in Semiotics.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #163 on: May 8, 2005, 07:26:38 pm »
Are you talking about me or someone else?

neither... am talking about the mentality TM

Offline Vinay

• West Coast privileges revoked due to jinxing activity. Considerably more greedier than yaow!
  • Legacy Fan
  • Ceux qui ιcrivent clairement ont des lecteurs.....
« Reply #164 on: May 8, 2005, 07:35:09 pm »
Should we get him up to match fitness first perhaps? I think a lot of people are forgetting he nearly lost a leg. Your muscles waste away after a break and it takes time to recover. Considering no-one thought he would play again this season, I think Rafa is handling his reuperation as well as could be expected.
Actually, half of of people who knew about it thought he would never play again.

Offline Pass & Move

• Kopite
« Reply #165 on: May 8, 2005, 07:36:37 pm »
We could easily end up with nothing this season,  and look back at these last few games and think we should have put more effort in.

It's easy to just say we will be better next season, but we could also go the opposite way, and continue with the inconsistency, and there will be many on the managers back - especially if he continues to rotate the team every week. And I doubt we will be buying and selling that many.

Offline His Nibs

• Kopite
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #166 on: May 8, 2005, 07:38:26 pm »
Don't belive that ginger twat is saying that Everton is the best team in Liverpool. Are they in the ECL finals? No. Can they even manage to qualify for the group stage for the ECl? Not likely. Here's the headline from soccernet:

"Moyes hails 'best team in Liverpool'"

Ah well, we were too tenative in the first half and blistering at the 2nd half at Highbury. We definitely need to play like the 2nd half on the 25th though. Someone needs to light a fire under the players' arses and I think Rafa's the man to do the job.

Offline zigackly

• ...is Cassius Clay
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • You're ferpectly right.
« Reply #167 on: May 8, 2005, 07:40:20 pm »
neither... am talking about the mentality TM

Fair enough filler. I think it is an achievement of some note to reach the CL final but at the start of the season I said I wanted at least fourth and I stand by that. I'm not dissing Benitez, but the league performances have not been good enough. I think that's something for the players to look at however, everyone can see how angry Benitez has been when we aren't performing.
« Last Edit: May 8, 2005, 07:51:31 pm by zigackly »
A liar will not be believed, even when he speaks the truth.

Offline Alf

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Leader of Alf Quaida & the Scaliban
« Reply #168 on: May 8, 2005, 07:47:09 pm »
I thought we was awful in the 1st half and lucky to go in 2-0 down at half time. I thought we was better in the 2nd and was pleased with the performances of Cisse & Kewell when they came on.

Offline Dermot

• Rent this renovated space for just £3.99/month. Price includes neon backlighting.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #169 on: May 8, 2005, 07:49:23 pm »
I didn't see you in the first half  ???

I pissed myself laughing all the way though. Why?
The cheek of that mon, deserves a shlap

Offline Spartacus.

• I dragged Rafa into the pub. Knits only with the finest quality Wools.
  • RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
  • KFS
« Reply #170 on: May 8, 2005, 07:50:19 pm »
really? So we can go with 'Rafa's first season and we're in the Champions League Final!' too with such mathematical grace?.. sorry.. don't understand. ?

Well you’re not the only one not to understand because I haven’t got a fucking clue what you’re on about.

The reason I pointed out the fact that it was Rafa's first season is because the poster was commenting on our last three seasons form and considering the previous two seasons have fuck all to do with Rafa I thought it was worthy of a mention.
RAWK anti scouse?
YNWA is more than a song, think about it.

Offline blert596

• or is it Simon Peg, Advert: Buy incontinence bed pads from www.incontinencechoice.co.uk Wash & disposable. Trade & Public.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #171 on: May 8, 2005, 07:51:23 pm »
I thought we was awful in the 1st half and lucky to go in 2-0 down at half time. I thought we was better in the 2nd and was pleased with the performances of Cisse & Kewell when they came on.

Was it just me then? Am I the only one who thought Kewell was shite...AGAIN? Contributed fuck all!! I've finally ran out of patience with him.
All the badge kissing in the world don't make up for the fact that they are, frankly, not Liverpool Football Club. It's not their fault. Its just how it is.

Offline Pass & Move

• Kopite
« Reply #172 on: May 8, 2005, 07:54:50 pm »
I didn't think Kewell contributed much. He beat the full back once and got a couple of corners, but he seemed to spend most of the game just moaning at the ref. I know he's still unfit, but I'm not sure we will see him get any quicker that he his now, and I think we need better.

Offline SMD

• Shit streamer. Can't be found by drive man.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #173 on: May 8, 2005, 07:55:41 pm »
I pissed myself laughing all the way though. Why?

Never mind.
"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy."

Offline Derzyjudek

• Airliner recliner decliner
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #174 on: May 8, 2005, 07:56:06 pm »
Was it just me then? Am I the only one who thought Kewell was shite...AGAIN? Contributed fuck all!! I've finally ran out of patience with him.

its you and all the other plonkers who wont give him a chance....dont you listen?...he hasnt been fit....in his two games back he has looked a lot sharper...try supporting him...it will help him if people like you get off his back.
Quote from: grifter

I'd rather take a belt sander to me cock and crush me own bollocks with a nut cracker than go within 100yds of her stinky flabby twat.

Offline Pass & Move

• Kopite
« Reply #175 on: May 8, 2005, 07:58:11 pm »

its you and all the other plonkers who wont give him a chance....dont you listen?...he hasnt been fit....in his two games back he has looked a lot sharper...try supporting him...it will help him if people like you get off his back.

We are supporting him. Do you think we want him to do badly?

There's only so long you can keep defending a player, then you have to realise he's not going to get any better.

Offline blert596

• or is it Simon Peg, Advert: Buy incontinence bed pads from www.incontinencechoice.co.uk Wash & disposable. Trade & Public.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #176 on: May 8, 2005, 07:59:34 pm »

Well Im actually in the mood for an argument....but lets not go there.

Give him a chance, he's had more chances than soft fuckin Joe.

Ive actually been a supporter of HK and given him chance after chance after excuse. No more though!

Dont wanna hijack the thread so I'll say no more.
All the badge kissing in the world don't make up for the fact that they are, frankly, not Liverpool Football Club. It's not their fault. Its just how it is.

Offline Filler.

• Up. resurrected. Keeps his Kath in a cage, but not sure if the new baby is in there as well. Studying for a Masters in Semiotics.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #177 on: May 8, 2005, 08:00:23 pm »
I just think it's been a hell of a bizarre season. Potential winners of the European Cup in Rafa's first season? Shirley you can't be serious. Everton above Liverpool and us in 5/6th in Rafa's first season?.. shirley not.

If Rafa can get us into the big final, then he can be astute enough to work out what's needed to play well in England. He has an uphill struggle, and there will now be a slight disadvantage in perhaps not being able to prise the top quality we need to do that because we're not in top flight european footy etc.

BUT.. and this is a big fat fuck off big type 'BUT'... Rafa may well be able to prise the people who really want to play football, not just under Rafa, and not just under that noise generated last week (which travelled world wide) - but players who are TEAM players, players with desire in their bellies and not the 'thank fuck I'm in the Champions League which'll mean a bit more dosh' type.

Rafa has the nous in Europe, now he has the chance to build a better team for the league.

Well you’re not the only one not to understand because I haven’t got a fucking clue what you’re on about.

The reason I pointed out the fact that it was Rafa's first season is because the poster was commenting on our last three seasons form and considering the previous two seasons have fuck all to do with Rafa I thought it was worthy of a mention.

apologies Chris.. blerted into the thread, as I do. ;)

Edit:.. thing is.. Rafa's selling point is different now. Could be different in another sense if we beat Milan, but all that is a question which may need asking in another month.
« Last Edit: May 8, 2005, 08:04:10 pm by filler. »

Offline silver 5 star

• Mistter Gramatticle. Heell corecct you're spelinng mistaikes
  • Legacy Fan
  • BUILD A NEW STADIUM - NO GROUNDSHARE!!!
« Reply #178 on: May 8, 2005, 08:04:58 pm »
Missed the first half (sounds like I should be glad), looked good in the second, Cisse is looking a lot sharper, just needs a goal now. Noticed that c*nt Gray making a big deal out of the shite getting fourth. Me, I'm not arsed. Fourth never has and never will be something to celebrate.Reminds me of that old joke about the Blue noses dog that does somersaults when they draw. Bloke asks him what it does when they win "Fuck knows, only had him 5 years".There's aren't four places on a podium, they don't give out medals for fourth. My Blue nose neighbour will give me shit,I'll laugh at him feeling superior for finishing Fourth, but from next Sunday on it will all be about Istanbul on the 25th.Then, come August, we can all settle down to channel 5 and watch their dreams go up in a cloud of smoke and welcome them into the UEFA cup.

Next season, we need to give all our concentration on putting in a strong challenge for the League.Rafa has had a season to hopefully gauge what he needs to don and how to go about achieving that.

Nice joke - but we won't welcome them into the UEFA cup. We will get into the CL - because we will beat Milan.

UEFA - unlike the FA - know that having LFC in the CL as current holders is a must.

Watch.  :wave
Then out spake brave Horatius, The Captain of the Gate; "To every man upon this earth Death cometh soon or late. And how can man die better Than facing fearful odds, For the  ashes of his fathers, And the temples of his gods. " FENWAY - Do not let us down! RAWK is boss lid

Offline DonkeyWan

• ker. Football Genius, Generously gives Young Jόrgen pointers to help him improve.
  • Legacy Fan
  • I never met a man who wasn't...
« Reply #179 on: May 8, 2005, 08:12:16 pm »
Okay, some thoughts

Pisss first half (why didn't Riise square, why?)

I think Rafa was wrong to play so many players who had given their all midweek. Team looked jaded. Flipside is, he seems to be trying to get a team ready for Istanbul, rather than concentrating on 4th.

2nd half. Two subs, kewell and Cisse. Both showed well. Couple of things I like about Cisse. His attitude is excellent. Tries really ahrd, runs all over the place and isn't afraid to shoot. There was a moment where Gerrard turned round and gave out to him for shooting. Cisse wouldn't stand for it and had a bit of verbals  back. i like that, shows he aint afraid and has a lot of confidence. Ok, his shooting was a bit wayward (bar one, excellent take and shot) but he is looking sharper every game. 4-5-1 really suits him, and he contributed a lot today. Probably won't start, but he's nearly readly for Istannbul I feel.

Kewelll also looked keen and involved. He'll definitely get a run out against Milan I feel.

our midfield 9bar Hamann, unsurprisingly as he's just back from injury) improved wholesale in the 2nd half, dominated the game and gave the gunners a nasty hop (I was with a smug gunners fan in the first half who looked far more nervous in the 2nd). Away from home and all. There are some positive signs for next year. Personally, I don't feel wholesale changes will be useful, far too disruptive and another season totally written off.

For next season then, what i would like to see (minimum)

Good UEFA run

Solidification of 4th, pushing for 3rd.

15-20 points closer to the leaders

Consistency in league form.

new players further bedded in

No nonsense amongst the ranks.

I'll probably get slated for lack of ambition, but I think progress will be slow.
Beatings will continue until morale improves...

Offline Code72

• Is a cunt
  • Legacy Fan
  • Wonder is the beginning of wisdom
« Reply #180 on: May 8, 2005, 08:18:18 pm »
I think Rafa made a mistake with his substitutions today :-\

I really hate this lone striker thing, when we have to win a match and we are 2-0 down in the first half, for Gods sake, bring on another striker for a midfielder and play with two up front!!

The only positive thing about the result today, is that Rafa can use the Villa match as preperation for the final, maybe try out Baros abd Cisse up front, I really hope so!!

Offline Andy J

• Wanted One Custom Title!
  • Kopite
  • Free Michael Sheilds
« Reply #181 on: May 8, 2005, 08:20:34 pm »

I really hate this lone striker thing, when we have to win a match and we are 2-0 down in the first half, for Gods sake, bring on another striker for a midfielder and play with two up front!!

The only positive thing about the result today, is that Rafa can use the Villa match as preperation for the final, maybe try out Baros abd Cisse up front, I really hope so!!

As Tosh said before the match, Raffa is a 4-2-3-1 man.
I fucking love Liverpool

Offline Pass & Move

• Kopite
« Reply #182 on: May 8, 2005, 08:21:07 pm »

Baros is awful. He hasn't played well or looked like scoring in months. I think it was his last chance today, and I don't think he'll start for us again, and will he sold in the summer.

Cisse looked sharp, and will probably start against Villa and Milan, with Harry Kewell or Garcia in behind him.

Offline silver 5 star

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #183 on: May 8, 2005, 08:22:15 pm »
Only aim now is :- Win In Istanbul.

End.  :wave
Then out spake brave Horatius, The Captain of the Gate; "To every man upon this earth Death cometh soon or late. And how can man die better Than facing fearful odds, For the  ashes of his fathers, And the temples of his gods. " FENWAY - Do not let us down! RAWK is boss lid

Offline Filler.

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #184 on: May 8, 2005, 08:22:32 pm »

or just Cisse alone up front in a 4-5-1?

:P

Offline The Bill Hicks Appreciation Society

• It's not much I know, but this is the best Barney could come up with at short notice. Too tight to buy his own cross-dressing gear. AKA 'Condomhead'. Has apparently had Elton John.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Lest we forget
    • Check out my RedmenTV Blogs
« Reply #185 on: May 8, 2005, 08:22:54 pm »
Only aim now is :- Win In Istanbul.

and get fifth place

Please take a look at my latest blog for theredmentv "Dispelling the Rodgers/Martinez myth" http://www.theredmentv.com/blog/p/263 All other blogs can be read at www.theredmentv.com/blog Let me know your thoughts

Offline silver 5 star

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #186 on: May 8, 2005, 08:25:31 pm »
Baros is awful. He hasn't played well or looked like scoring in months. I think it was his last chance today, and I don't think he'll start for us again, and will he sold in the summer.

Cisse looked sharp, and will probably start against Villa and Milan, with Harry Kewell or Garcia in behind him.

I would agree. Thought Baros was fucking awful. His first touch - as ever - is shite.

However, Rafa MUST try Cisse and Baros together - even for one half - against Villa.

AC Milan have good options up front - we don't.

I think we can win the midfield against them and keep it tight at the back, but unless we take the chances we create we will fall short.

Offline silver 5 star

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #187 on: May 8, 2005, 08:26:47 pm »
and get fifth place

True - we need to beat Villa to keep Boro off our backs. Forgot.  :butt

• It's not much I know, but this is the best Barney could come up with at short notice. Too tight to buy his own cross-dressing gear. AKA 'Condomhead'. Has apparently had Elton John.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Lest we forget
« Reply #188 on: May 8, 2005, 08:27:21 pm »
took the goal well shame he used his hand to control it ::)
Please take a look at my latest blog for theredmentv "Dispelling the Rodgers/Martinez myth" http://www.theredmentv.com/blog/p/263 All other blogs can be read at www.theredmentv.com/blog Let me know your thoughts

Offline wet echo

• trapped paper puncher in need of a work out
  • Kopite
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #189 on: May 8, 2005, 08:33:39 pm »
sly TV with moyes and his Glass of wine amazing i thought that was reserved for winning something..."we are the best team on merseyside",yes in the league agreed but save us from this David until you have bloody won something

Offline Code72

• Is a cunt
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #190 on: May 8, 2005, 08:38:29 pm »
As I have said earlier, the reason Baros has looked out of form recently is because we use the system with a lone striker!! >:(

Neither Baros, Cisse or Morientes is a typical lone striker, they will all benefit from having a partner up front, we have to start with Baros and Cisse up front in the Villa match, cuase we need our strikers hitting some confidence.

But when people say Baros been poor for a long time, you have short memories!!
A certain match against Chelsea springs to mind, the main reason we are in the final of the CL is because of Baros, simple as that ;D

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Lest we forget
« Reply #191 on: May 8, 2005, 08:42:36 pm »
The best for that role by a country mile is cisse, he brought players in from midfiled today and was always looking to score. still getting used to the prem but i think a promising future for LFC, seemed on a similar wavelength to SG too

Offline Code72

• Is a cunt
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #192 on: May 8, 2005, 08:48:36 pm »
The best for that role by a country mile is cisse, he brought players in from midfiled today and was always looking to score. still getting used to the prem but i think a promising future for LFC, seemed on a similar wavelength to SG too

I have to say that we raised our game in the second half, but the reason was that we stood much higher with our midfield!!
What have Cisse really done for us, less than nothing in my opinion, the jury is absolute out on him!!!
His record this season is 3 goals in 22 matches, not very impressive in my opinion!!" :o
« Last Edit: May 8, 2005, 10:16:44 pm by Code72 »

Offline Pass & Move

• Kopite
« Reply #193 on: May 8, 2005, 08:49:54 pm »
A certain match against Chelsea springs to mind, the main reason we are in the final of the CL is because of Baros, simple as that ;D

I must have missed that. Apart from the lead up too the goal in the 4th minute, he had no impact on the game at all. It was the defence that got us too the final.

and since Cisse has been back, Baros has been subbed with almost 30 minutes too go in the last 4 or 5 games. That tells you a lot. And I think Rafa has seen enough today regarding the strikers, and Baros should be on the bench of remainder of the season.
« Last Edit: May 8, 2005, 08:54:40 pm by Alonso »

Offline Code72

• Is a cunt
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #194 on: May 8, 2005, 08:51:05 pm »
I must have missed that. Apart from the lead up too the goal in the 4th minute, he had no impact in the game at all. It was the defence that got us too the final.

We wouldn`t be in the final if it was not because of the goal would we? ::)
« Last Edit: May 8, 2005, 08:53:08 pm by Code72 »

Offline silver 5 star

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #195 on: May 8, 2005, 08:52:58 pm »
sly TV with moyes and his Glass of wine amazing i thought that was reserved for winning something..."we are the best team on merseyside",yes in the league agreed but save us from this David until you have bloody won something

:lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :duh

proof positive that even Gargoyles have a sense of humour.

The man is a mean-spirited, graceless, pinched-faced, sweaty-sock who resembles Gollum.

Let him have his 5 minutes.

The Twat.  :wanker ;D

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Lest we forget
« Reply #196 on: May 8, 2005, 08:56:13 pm »
We wouldn`t be in the final if it was not because of the goal would we? ::)

we don't know, we kind of sat back a bit when the goal went in. we were up for it so much and we would have kept going until we got a goal, if we hadn't scored in the fourth minute who knows what might have happened. there's simply no point in speculating about it.

Offline silver 5 star

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #197 on: May 8, 2005, 08:57:36 pm »
As I have said earlier, the reason Baros has looked out of form recently is because we use the system with a lone striker!! >:(

Neither Baros, Cisse or Morientes is a typical lone striker, they will all benefit from having a partner up front, we have to start with Baros and Cisse up front in the Villa match, cuase we need our strikers hitting some confidence.

His ball control is shite. He looks like a puppy chasing a balloon most of the time.

Even so - I hope he gets the knack by May 25th.  ;)

(If he scores the winner in Istanbul he can shag me or any member of my family.  ::) ;D :wave )

Hardly a reward but fortunately I think I iz safe.  :D

Offline Code72

• Is a cunt
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #198 on: May 8, 2005, 08:59:02 pm »
we don't know, we kind of sat back a bit when the goal went in. we were up for it so much and we would have kept going until we got a goal, if we hadn't scored in the fourth minute who knows what might have happened. there's simply no point in speculating about it.

I have to agree, but my point was that Baros has done a lot more recently than some people like to think!!
He has not scored in a while, but he has contributed big time with a lot of hard work in my opinion!!

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Lest we forget
« Reply #199 on: May 8, 2005, 09:05:23 pm »

He looks like a puppy chasing a balloon most of the time.

:wellin

that has got to be the best footballing analogy i've ever heard :lmao