Author Topic: HAs Rick Parry answered this questions?  (Read 3426 times)

Offline Sufian

• Main Stander
  • Behind Every Great Fortunes, There is a crime
    • Under Construction
HAs Rick Parry answered this questions?
« on: May 18, 2002, 04:18:01 am »

Will There be a KOP in this new "anfield" stadium?

WIll there be a new narrow tunnel where THIS IS ANFIELD or THIS IS NEW ANFIELD plaque above the players' head?

Liverpool Football Club is the best thing that God ever gave me

Offline TOGH

• Give me a G, give me an R ....
  • Legacy Fan
  • Glittering Prizes And Endless Compromises
Re:HAs Rick Parry answered this questions?
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2002, 09:49:32 am »
there will be a KOP, im not 2 sure about the TIA sign tho
Meh

Offline TheKid.

• Goat abuser
  • Legacy Fan
  • Vamos
« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2002, 10:20:20 am »
There will be a "Kop" ; not a Kop  :-\

Offline ttnbd

• RAWK Chief Financial Officer
  • Legacy Fan
  • ANFIELD4EVER
« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2002, 11:56:16 am »
I don't understand people who said that the current Kop is not The Kop. So it isn't the same stand but it is on the same site.  You can still feel the excitment as you walk up the steps onto the stand.  This is something I don't think we would get at the new ground.

So all say thanks to the Shanks

He never walked alone

Lets sing our song for all the world

From this his Liverpool home

Offline Steve C

• Gone... but not forgotten - I hope some day you will join us
  • Legacy Fan

Offline john_mac

• The Scouse Confucius
  • Legacy Fan
  • Only got 3 bullets and there's 4 of Motley Crew
« Reply #5 on: May 18, 2002, 12:29:40 pm »
"I don't understand people who said that the current Kop is not The Kop. So it isn't the same stand but it is on the same site.  You can still feel the excitment as you walk up the steps onto the stand.  This is something I don't think we would get at the new ground."

The fact is that the "new" Kop is not the old Kop. I do not how many games you attended at anfield prior to the Kop being rebuilt, but nobody could possibly calim that the Kop as it stands even bears a resemblence to that of the 1970s, as with most of the ground.

The fact is that many regulars on the kop, prior to it becoming all-seated, opposed seating and said that it would ruin the it. Some would argue that it has, and the dead Kop that greets most league games, certainly is nothing even remotely similar to the one I grew up with.

The Kop was the building that housed the poignant memories of 16th-30th April and not the McNasty's family stand that sits in its place now. I can understand people lamenting the loss of memories of days gone by, but those memories will not leave us.

To argue that we should not move forward as a club because of a stand which is less than a decade old, to me, demeans the loss of the memories of an arena which is far more important than that.
We'll See Things They'll Never See

Offline king_of_the_kop

• BANNED
  • Anny Roader
  • The good times are back
« Reply #6 on: May 18, 2002, 01:11:28 pm »
Is there any older fans on this site who could tell us what the spion kop was like in the 70's.I was born in 1988 and i imagine most of u are below 30 years old
KOP FOR KOPITES

Offline Ben S

• Remember we were partners in crime. Pigeon Fancier. GTL Bus Freak. Also known as Bambi, apparently - or Miss Kitty on Wednesdays....
  • RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Liverpool 5 - 1 London
« Reply #7 on: May 18, 2002, 01:21:44 pm »
try reading the articles by homesick on this site?

Pheeny

« Reply #8 on: May 18, 2002, 01:32:56 pm »

Is there any older fans on this site who could tell us what the spion kop was like in the 70's.I was born in 1988 and i imagine most of u are below 30 years old

I can't put it into words like Homesick or Evo can but the Kop of the 70's was amazing.I remember standing on the Anny Rd with my brother(a Leeds fan)and watching the Kop singing YNWA all he could say was "Fucking Helll look at that!"

Offline KOTP

• Arch Cunt + Official RAWK scarf swapper. Possibly the most laughably out-dated signature on the entire site, we hope.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9 on: May 18, 2002, 01:35:33 pm »
no is the answer their wont be a kop. there might be stand named the Kop in the Parry Bowl but it wont be the kop, the kop is on walton breck road not stanley park.

RICK PARRY :upyours

Offline DannyD

• Son Of Millie Tant. General Secretary of the National Union of Ice Cream Miners
  • Legacy Fan
  • 60 Years torment for Palestinians make it the last
« Reply #10 on: May 19, 2002, 08:21:44 pm »
<<To argue that we should not move forward as a club because of a stand which is less than a decade old, to me, demeans the loss of the memories of an arena which is far more important than that>>

Well said. ""All things are in constant movement and change "" ( Karl Marx )
I am 55 and remember when you could walk from the anny road to the kop. The best times was the standing kop but that was a time when everything was moving and changing. That's what history is made from. We have a history like no other club. This is the latest chapter. We move ever on and upwards.
I lay before you a plan of freedom - adopt it, and you rid the world of inequality, misery, and crime. A martyr in your cause, I am become the prophet of your salvation.