Author Topic: Flag Making Explained.  (Read 119445 times)

Offline LFCMunkee

• Cheekee!
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Flag Making Explained.
« Reply #240 on: February 7, 2008, 04:08:24 pm »
The first time I made a flag I got all the painting on the floorboards and I forgot one letter. I've never lived that one down so i've given up hope, never making another one now :(
Humpty Dumpty sat on the wall - so the referee booked him

Offline eLVIScOSTELLO

• Kopite
« Reply #241 on: February 7, 2008, 04:38:24 pm »
My banner says "LIVERPOOL IS THE POOL OF LIFE FIVE"

The letters are white and there is a silouhette of the Liverpool skyline which includes the European Cup all in yellow.

Handpainted on red drill fabric with B&Q matchpots (sunflower yellow) and Dulux white undercoat.

Looks cool, but make sure you're not seated under it if it rains, unless you look like this :boxhead...........

Offline KF

• C
  • Legacy Fan
  • JUSTICE FOR THE 96-GONE BUT NOT FORGOTTEN!
  • Super Title: Not the sharpest drumstick in the family bucket
« Reply #242 on: February 26, 2008, 10:00:27 pm »
spot on :D best get started :D
77 and 84 it was rome
78 it was wembley
81 it was paris
05 it was istanbul

Offline rocco

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • ⭐️⭐️⭐️6 Times Baby ⭐️⭐️⭐️
« Reply #243 on: February 27, 2008, 08:31:39 am »
The first time I made a flag I got all the painting on the floorboards and I forgot one letter. I've never lived that one down so i've given up hope, never making another one now :(

:D

Offline KF

• C
  • Legacy Fan
  • JUSTICE FOR THE 96-GONE BUT NOT FORGOTTEN!
  • Super Title: Not the sharpest drumstick in the family bucket
« Reply #244 on: February 27, 2008, 10:10:55 am »
gutted
77 and 84 it was rome
78 it was wembley
81 it was paris
05 it was istanbul

Offline redbyrdz

• No to sub-optimal passing! Not content with one century, this girl does two together. Oh, and FUCK THE TORIES deh-deh-deh-deh!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #245 on: February 27, 2008, 10:30:54 am »
actually this happens to loads of people - at least you made two mistakes with one flag, not ruining two of them ;)

i've found i need to get someone who's not been involved in the whole process to look at the banner before fixing the letters to it, because i always totally lose everything i ever learned about spelling.
and make sure they look from a distance, not close up.
"I want to build a team that's invincible, so that they have to send a team from bloody Mars to beat us." - Bill Shankly

Offline figgy12

• elegantly shite and about to be arrested for bestiality with a labrador - fact
  • Legacy Fan
  • Fuck. That is all.
    • RAWK
« Reply #246 on: March 31, 2008, 04:10:44 pm »

The first time I made a flag, I got all the paint on the carpet. So I gave up and decided I would try Iron on transfers.

What did I forget to do? Use an ironing board. So, I laid the banner out on the carpeted floor - and got to work.

It looked shite anyway, all plastic like - and when I picked it up there were about 10 A4 sized holes in the carpet where the iron had burned it.

So in one corner of my living room, there is quite a nice chess-board effect, and the other corner has "Fear Us" written in faint white paint.....
So. Fucking. Angry.

Offline rocco

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • ⭐️⭐️⭐️6 Times Baby ⭐️⭐️⭐️
« Reply #247 on: March 31, 2008, 04:20:56 pm »
The first time I made a flag, I got all the paint on the carpet. So I gave up and decided I would try Iron on transfers.

What did I forget to do? Use an ironing board. So, I laid the banner out on the carpeted floor - and got to work.

It looked shite anyway, all plastic like - and when I picked it up there were about 10 A4 sized holes in the carpet where the iron had burned it.

So in one corner of my living room, there is quite a nice chess-board effect, and the other corner has "Fear Us" written in faint white paint.....

cheers. :lmao

Offline SammoLad

• Kemlynite
« Reply #248 on: March 31, 2008, 04:53:32 pm »

Feel a bit bad for laughing but that's probably the best thing I've read today :D
Tell Me A Tale Of Heroic Anfield Men
We're Marchin' To Europe Once Again

Offline figgy12

• elegantly shite and about to be arrested for bestiality with a labrador - fact
  • Legacy Fan
  • Fuck. That is all.
    • RAWK
« Reply #249 on: March 31, 2008, 05:30:25 pm »
Feel a bit bad for laughing but that's probably the best thing I've read today :D

No worries, I can look back and laugh now :)

Not that I cared too much at the time, was 2am on the morning of the final in Athens and I was buzzing :)
So. Fucking. Angry.

Offline Mr Mojo Risin'

• No longer counts double
  • Legacy Fan
  • i've been down so god damn long
« Reply #250 on: March 31, 2008, 07:28:16 pm »

I've still got DALGLISH written on the shed in big white letters.
DON'T BUY THE  SUN.

Offline LFCMunkee

• Cheekee!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #251 on: March 31, 2008, 08:32:49 pm »

Haha! ;D Makes me feel less of an idiot now. Was worse considering it was a suprise for someone and I didn't realise I had missed a letter out. :'(
Humpty Dumpty sat on the wall - so the referee booked him

Offline OOT'erConnie

• ...but I'm alright Jack...
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #252 on: April 16, 2008, 12:50:48 am »
Little help.. Is cotton drill the only type of material that would be any use? Going to paint it with fabric paint like..

Sent me mum out for the material and i have no idea what shes came back with. Shiny smooth kind of cloth material.

Any help? Cheers..

Offline kopforever

• Anny Roader
  • What we achieve in life echoes in eternity
« Reply #253 on: April 16, 2008, 11:56:49 am »
Looking to have a 10 ft by 10 ft flag made (to use with a pole), any ideas of a rough cost and who is best to use? Prob use 2 or 3 colours. Hoping to have it for tuesday but if can't I'll stitch together my own.
Thanks in advance.
I think I'll sit this one out in the safety cupboard

Offline bez

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The reds are coming up the hill!!!!!!!
« Reply #254 on: April 16, 2008, 12:08:58 pm »
IS THERE ANY MODS OUT THERE WHO ARE BORED??

Any chance somebody could go though ths thread and clean it up from useless comments and discussion so it will be about 3 pages long, and then lock it and maybe even make it sticky for the next 5 weeks for Moscow!!

I think it is getting to diluted by people asking the same bloody questions without reading it.  Lets be honest its one of the most important threads on the site ;)
Oh W**ky W**ky, W**ky W**ky W**ky W**ky Warrington.

Betfair referal code 6TXMVXF6J. £25 free

Offline redbyrdz

• No to sub-optimal passing! Not content with one century, this girl does two together. Oh, and FUCK THE TORIES deh-deh-deh-deh!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #255 on: April 16, 2008, 12:32:49 pm »
Little help.. Is cotton drill the only type of material that would be any use? Going to paint it with fabric paint like..

Sent me mum out for the material and i have no idea what shes came back with. Shiny smooth kind of cloth material.

Any help? Cheers..

you could try painting on a small bit of the fabric, or in a corner etc - just a tiny dot.
usually, when the paint/fabric combinationen doesn't work, one of two things happen:
- the paint peels off when dry (often with acrylic paint on plastic fabric)
- the paint washes off when it rains, smearing all over the banner
when you try out your combination, and nothing like this happens, it should be alright to use together...
"I want to build a team that's invincible, so that they have to send a team from bloody Mars to beat us." - Bill Shankly

Offline Millie

• Athens Airport Queen. Dude, never mind my car, where's my hand sanitiser?!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • IFWT
« Reply #256 on: April 16, 2008, 12:35:01 pm »

Any help? Cheers..

John - why don't you use duck tape - it worked well for the long Porto banner - and it is still stuck fast
"If you can't say anything nice, don't say nothing at all"  Thumper (1942)

Justice for the 96

I'm a Believer

Offline vanishingpoint

• Anny Roader
Just been scolling through a few of the posts here and noticed some of the prices being quoted for stitching and the like rising up to the £40 mark....! A bit steep I'd say.

As a fully-qualified tailor (for real) I'd say depending on the size and the amount of work involved something nearer to £20 would be fairer so if you need some flags racking-up on the machines just send me a pm and I shouldn't think it'll be a problem.

I'm based in London so you'd have to factor in postage depending on where you are.

Ta vp.

Reclaim LFC: First oust G&T and Purslow, sack Hodgson, shoe the anti-Rafa teds out of L4.

Offline Bushy

• Hrtfordshir
  • Legacy Fan
  • ANNUAL RANDOM RaWKITE 2006
« Reply #258 on: July 30, 2008, 12:53:51 pm »
This is a good resource for anyone making banners, was looking for some stencils etc myself today so thought this thread deserved a bump for anyone else who might need it. :)

Offline tedthered

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We write our own history
« Reply #259 on: August 6, 2008, 08:36:15 am »
great advice mate, thanks
2013/2014 My 51st year with hope in my heart

Offline Pepe Reina Is Rafas Son

• This must be Pepe's Mother, who else would know?
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #260 on: October 7, 2008, 09:19:33 pm »
Any ideas of how to get a picture of a player(just the face more than likely) onto a banner?

Probably just the outline/silhouette  of the player?
Stabbed your boss in the back, the man who made you fucking European Champions, and got in the man you wanted as manager. Just because Rafa wouldn't fucking cuddle you enough and fucking wank you off while telling you how fucking great you are.

Offline James B

• anned.
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all dream of a team o' Caraghers!
« Reply #261 on: October 27, 2008, 02:48:39 pm »
Couple of questions. I want to make a banner (red with white lettering). What is the best material to use? Also, should I stitch the letters on or is glueing them on more effective?

Offline Bushy

• Hrtfordshir
  • Legacy Fan
  • ANNUAL RANDOM RaWKITE 2006
« Reply #262 on: November 3, 2008, 04:25:50 pm »
Any ideas of how to get a picture of a player(just the face more than likely) onto a banner?

Probably just the outline/silhouette  of the player?
I needed a big piture of the acropolis to go on my banner before athens and some kind soul on here sorted it out as a vector graphic for me. Once I had that I printed it out at work on an A1 printer, cut it out to make a template and drew it onto the material.  Once it was drawn on just gave it a few coats of Fabric paint and job done.
If you don't have access to a large format printer then you should still be able to print it out on lots of sheets of A4 and stick them together to get the right size. also depends on the size of image you need I suppose! :wave

If you can do the graphics thing yourself it'd be even easier!

Offline gadair

• Dip. Ed. (Hons.) Speling an litratchur eckspurt
  • Kopite
  • were not english we are scouse
« Reply #263 on: November 3, 2008, 05:02:36 pm »
were do i get the materials from in liverpool to make a banner. am not sure whats goin on it yet but me and me mate are doin one for psv.i went to the one by tj's and they never had any red material so i havent got a clue were to go.any help will be apreciated ideas what to put on it and size most ove all.

Offline Skillset

• Boys Pen
« Reply #264 on: November 3, 2008, 05:06:26 pm »
Thanks for posting this Roper! :wave Makes me want to make a flag!! ;D

Offline Fat Scouser

• Trolley Dolly with a 54 2/3 inch waist - last seen shopping on Scottie Road for speedos. Is just a bit.....you know.....
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #265 on: November 13, 2008, 04:50:06 pm »
Normally I make them meself. But it's time for this season's Euro away flag to get made up. Want to have it for PSV away (December 9th). Kit made the design for me. Thanks Kit. Good man. But I need it making up now. I don't trust these inter net flag sites. I can't do it meself. And Steve's  shop on rice Lane has gone and I can't find the blue nosed fucker anywhere. So, can anybody tell me where I can get this made?
Oh, and I want 5 gold stars above the badge.
(Kit can't find your email address but would be made up, eternally gratefull, and gladly get you pissed for a week if you can add them)
"A peasant you are. A peasant you will remain. And we shall use all our wealth and power, to make your lot even worse and keep you exactly where you are, Bondage!"    The Boy King, Richard II, after  putting down the The Peasants Revolt in 1381.

http://misterinobody.weebly.com/

Offline firing squad

• Thinks he's a dog with spots.
  • Legacy Fan
  • People's Republic of Dalmatia
« Reply #266 on: November 13, 2008, 05:54:14 pm »

:lmao :lmao
"The trouble with quotes on the Internet is that you never know if they are genuine." - Bill Shankly

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Metkovi%C4%87

http://www.lfccro.com/

Offline Rome-77

• Head case, more like! Wtf is wrong with me?
  • No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #267 on: December 1, 2008, 06:57:13 pm »
a win 2nite

and my banner will be

ABOVE US ONLY SKY

Offline stemon

• Main Stander
« Reply #268 on: December 1, 2008, 07:15:26 pm »
a win 2nite

and my banner will be

ABOVE US ONLY SKY

Would be class that. Here's a quick mock up using one of Kitsters designs (http://kitster29.deviantart.com/)

Offline Rome-77

• No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #269 on: December 2, 2008, 05:29:05 pm »
^^^ nice one. on 2 big poles
« Last Edit: December 2, 2008, 05:37:45 pm by Rome-77 »

Offline kopite 1

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
  • those were the days my friends
« Reply #270 on: December 19, 2008, 10:08:01 am »
decided to do a banner with shanks at one end and rafa at the other but cant think of anything to put in writing underneath any help would be appriaciated.

also does anybody know where to get the poles from that the lads on the front of the kop use for there big flags
support the fight for justice dont buy the sun

jft96

Offline Rome-77

• No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #271 on: December 19, 2008, 03:20:51 pm »
decided to do a banner with shanks at one end and rafa at the other but cant think of anything to put in writing underneath any help would be appriaciated.

also does anybody know where to get the poles from that the lads on the front of the kop use for there big flags

great minds think alike

Offline alex.

• "Bring out The Blimp!"
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #272 on: December 19, 2008, 05:01:41 pm »

Here: http://www.skyblueleisure.co.uk/acatalog/Telescopic_Poles.html I think their the one's.

Offline Istanbul, 2005

• Strong believer in UKIP's domestic and European policies.
  • Legacy Fan
  • mersey paradise
« Reply #273 on: January 13, 2009, 12:26:05 pm »
Would be class that. Here's a quick mock up using one of Kitsters designs (http://kitster29.deviantart.com/)

nice one
At Half time AC thought they had us beat
The Blueshite were dancing in the North Wales Streets
But Stevie G played like a man posessed
And all they have now is their Bitterness!

How do you sleep at night Duckenfield?

Offline olimpico

• Boys Pen
« Reply #274 on: January 13, 2009, 10:19:15 pm »
On the day we win the Championship in May my banner will read on top......'I'd love it if we beat them'

then underneath

Have some of that Munchen! Still on our perch
All together now......Bertie Mee said to Bill Shankly......

Offline SKITTLE

• Legacy Fan
  • One of the "older" brigade.
« Reply #275 on: January 14, 2009, 04:16:07 am »
Just had a picture of A4 size enlarged to 3 metres by 1.5 metres. Had to be done in two pieces to get the size right. Done at 'Hobs' on Slater Street in Liverpool, cost £ 19. All cut up now and ready for positioning and stencilling in. Can't remember which brand of fabric paint I used last time. Anyone have a preference, Dylon, Decoart or any other ?? Not going to rush the paint job, could take a while. Will post when finished.
Been there,done that,getting older,bordering on part timer status. So sad but that's life.

Offline conman

• Ohh aaaah just a little bit, Ooh aahh, a little bit more. Aerial stalker perv. Not cool enough to get the lolz.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
    • Cocopoppyhead
« Reply #276 on: March 15, 2009, 05:40:26 am »
was thinking of making a big enough flag for next seasons euro aways,
first thing on the agenda is where in ireland can i get a heluva lot of red material to do this?
or is it cheap enough to import ?

:D

Offline OOT'erConnie

• ...but I'm alright Jack...
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #277 on: March 20, 2009, 07:49:34 pm »
Long shot, but does anybody have a template of the Super Cup and the Charity sheild? Cheers.

Offline SKITTLE

• Legacy Fan
  • One of the "older" brigade.
« Reply #278 on: March 24, 2009, 01:12:46 am »
Finally finished it. Measures about 3 metres by 2 metres.
Been there,done that,getting older,bordering on part timer status. So sad but that's life.

Offline James B

• anned.
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all dream of a team o' Caraghers!
« Reply #279 on: April 16, 2009, 09:10:13 pm »
What's the best website for flag making?