Author Topic: RAWK supporters club  (Read 1605 times)

Offline king_of_the_kop

• BANNED
  • Anny Roader
  • The good times are back
RAWK supporters club
« on: May 1, 2002, 08:27:08 pm »
Are we gonna make this happen lads or just debate about like the Kop atmosphere thing.We need someone to get in touch with the club, and ask about this and we need to find out the following if this is to make the kop a wall of noise and a forest of flags:
*will they give us a certain amount of tix for every match in a designated area.
*How many will they give us(500 in the kop)
*how will we get our tix I live in Litherland so I shouldn't have a problem but what about people from different cities/towns
*How much shall we pay each to help this project
*Maybe we should bring out a fanzine to aid this financially
KOP FOR KOPITES

Offline ttnbd

• RAWK Chief Financial Officer
  • Legacy Fan
  • ANFIELD4EVER
Re:RAWK supporters club
« Reply #1 on: May 1, 2002, 08:30:35 pm »
The best way of getting tickets would prob be by becoming an agent for the club.
So all say thanks to the Shanks

He never walked alone

Lets sing our song for all the world

From this his Liverpool home

hoonin

« Reply #2 on: May 1, 2002, 09:10:04 pm »
Or a tout  ::)

Offline daddymac

• THE IGOR BISCAN FANCLUB
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3 on: May 1, 2002, 09:17:40 pm »
The idea of having a designated number of tickets near each other every home game of the season to create a cauldron of noise and colour is a fantastic one.
Say 500 people, all knowing every song, all singing every song and no-one booing and barracking the team if the match is tough or we are under achieving. Genius proposal.
But how can it happen?

(I am willing to help in any way possible to make this happen...)
Babel's clincher was the absolute jizz on the tits.

hoonin

« Reply #4 on: May 1, 2002, 09:26:19 pm »
I think ILSA have approached the club about this sort of thing before and not had much encouragement. To me its one of those things we need to keep plugging away at.

Maybe Rushian can shed some light on what efforts have been made previously.

Like daddymac, i would defo help in any way i can to try and get something like this in place.

Offline Paul

• Pensioner Abuser
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5 on: May 1, 2002, 09:59:52 pm »
I will also lend any help possible to this. Maybe it would be good to find out how many people on here have season tickets, and who would be interested in taking up an allocation of "regular" tickets IF it did happen.

Maybe treble can set a poll up for this - probably be the best one he ever had  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Offline Jonathan Hall ☆☆☆☆☆☆

• The name's Hall... Jonathan Hall. aka DangerPaddy. Olores de cebollas. Carly Cole Stalker. Likes to drink at Bar Fanny.
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Tapas y Cerveza y vino tinto!
« Reply #6 on: May 1, 2002, 10:36:57 pm »
Great idea. Would love to move my season ticket to the new singing area if we can get it.

No poll's though please.
Right which bastards eaten me Tapas?

http://hfdinfo.com/digital/

Offline Mottman

• OCB Rep, King of Bootle, Snake Wrangler Extraordinaire, Member of the Garston is in Runcorn Society
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7 on: May 1, 2002, 10:53:34 pm »
I am lucky I have a Season ticket, but if this is a way for me to get tickets for my lads I'm with this one 100%.

It would mean less ale for me but they deserve it.
A boy from the Mersey and a Son of Shankly.

Offline stoz

• John Motson. The Flag Bearer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #8 on: May 1, 2002, 11:17:37 pm »
Great idea. Would be difficult to do for League games because of the number of ST's  and I doubt the club would offer much help as  they'll have no problem selling all the tickets anyway.

Must be worth trying for a cup game first though and see (hear?) how much difference it makes. If it proves a big success then I'm sure the club would look further at doing it for league games.

Offline Paul

• Pensioner Abuser
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9 on: May 1, 2002, 11:46:48 pm »

Great idea. Would be difficult to do for League games because of the number of ST's  and I doubt the club would offer much help as  they'll have no problem selling all the tickets anyway.

Must be worth trying for a cup game first though and see (hear?) how much difference it makes. If it proves a big success then I'm sure the club would look further at doing it for league games.

Must admit because of the amount of tickets the club can easily shift it will be an uphil struggle. A cup game sounds like the ideal "pilot" test for such an idea, and hopefully the positive impact can spread from there. The club dont guarantee season ticket holders "their own" seat for a cup game, so it wouldnt be a problem for the club to set aside a certain number of tickets for us.

And i thought we only had 27,000 season ticket holders? That leaves a good 13,000 on general sale. Can someone confirm this or tell me its a complete load of crap?

Offline Craig S

• KOP CONDUCTOR
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10 on: May 1, 2002, 11:53:18 pm »
When i was at uni, I was in the Leeds branch of supporters clubs.

When they first started they got max 100 tix per game, either all together or in 2 or 3 big groups. At the start they always got main stand tickets, but as it went on the organiser got to know the people in the TO and we started getting better seats.

With the PTS taking some of their allocations now the most they can get is 50 tickets per match.
When i was in this branch if i applied more than 30 days in advance they never failed to get me a ticket. The same rules as normal apply with stub games etc.

To set this up you'd need to set up a supporters branch with a minimum number of people (not sure how many) all having supporters club membership, which is 20 odd quid.  Then the tickets are meant to only go to people with membership.

I'd be up for joining, i'm in the PTS so have membership, but wouldnt mind getting a ticket in a group that sings instead.

Offline Roger

• The Derek Acorah of RAWK & Welsh News Correspondent
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #11 on: May 2, 2002, 12:13:54 am »
Yeah- I'm in the Shropshire supporters branch. 90 tickets last season and now 57 or so this. Difference is down to the PTS Scheme.

Easy peasy for a new supporters branch to be set up but the club favour established branches. Dont even know if they are accepting new ones for the allocation of tickets though.

Idea is a good one. Tickets could be sent to the organiser who distributes them on match day to the rawk fans who will converge from all points of the compass.

Offline Downsy

• Kopite
« Reply #12 on: May 2, 2002, 10:03:20 am »
Nice one, About time we all pulled together and tried to sort the Atmosphere out. This sort of happened in the champions league on a smaller scale. I think there was 15 or so of em, and they were all sat together for Barca and Roma.

If the club won't allow 100 tix, which is expecting a lot early on, why not do the 15 people thing all over the ground, if there was a couple of groups of 15-20 fans on the kop, in the Anny Road, and the main and centenary (these lot are going to have to work hard ;D) I think you could get the atmosphere increased quite a bit.

But it's unlikely that they will offer us regular tickets unless we can offer them sommat in return. I don't believe that they think the atmosphere is important enough.

Can we set up a RAWK supporters club, or do you need a Geographical location?

If I can do anything to help in this matter though i'd love to be a part of this.

After all, after next week we've all got diddly squat to do till August ;D
"If a player is not interfering with play or seeking to gain
an advantage, then he should be."

"A lot of football success is in the mind. You must believe
you are the best and then make sure that you are."

Shanks

Offline Eddie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
  • Spirit Of Shankly Member 10410
« Reply #13 on: May 2, 2002, 12:49:38 pm »
A great thread Tom....At last there seems to be a concerted  effort to get the Kop singing again.....Count me in mate! ;)

Offline MichaelA

• MasterBaker, honey-trapper and 'concerned neighbour'. Beyond The Pale. Vermin on the ridiculous. Would love to leave Ashley Cole gasping for air. Dupe Snoop Extraordinaire. RAWK MARTYR #1. The proud owner of a new lower case a. Mickey Two Sheds.
  • RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
  • At the Academy
  • Super Title: MichaelA
« Reply #14 on: May 2, 2002, 01:17:30 pm »
I wouldn't be able to get to every home game, but you can count me in too. Then I can get to learn all the words, tom ;).

Someone with plenty of time and an understanding of how it all works needs to take a lead here. The RAWK website already has the facility for people to make payments, so maybe that is one way forward in collecting subscriptions and ticket payments. That is also a decision for our glorious mods to take...

If someone can find a link, or get the information from the club relating to setting up a club, and then post it here, that would be a start. The club announced a shake up in the organisation of supporters clubs in the programme recently, so there might be something currently available.

This idea would definitely work. It will take time and commitment but it would work, nice one tom. We now need to see it through.

Michael  

Offline Downsy

• Kopite
« Reply #15 on: May 2, 2002, 02:13:36 pm »
Michael,

I remember reading sommat about new supporters clubs needing a minimum of 25 members, but can't remember where. Was this in a Programme and if so do you know which one?
"If a player is not interfering with play or seeking to gain
an advantage, then he should be."

"A lot of football success is in the mind. You must believe
you are the best and then make sure that you are."

Shanks

Offline Aidan_B

• Trust me, I am a doctor. HJC Champions - Nov 2003
  • Legacy Fan
  • Gone, perhaps forgotten
    • EnviroBuild
« Reply #16 on: May 2, 2002, 02:19:34 pm »
I agree that the idea is a top one, and would happily pay the extra subscription fee in order to sit in a singing section week in week out.

Just keep us informed of what needs to be done.

Offline Steve C

• Gone... but not forgotten - I hope some day you will join us
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #17 on: May 2, 2002, 02:30:51 pm »
We kind of had one for the European homes this season, a block of 15 together for every game.

Much merriment was had.  ;D

Offline Rushian

• Blanco y en botella
  • RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
  • ¡No Pasarán!
    • Red and White Kop
« Reply #18 on: May 2, 2002, 05:40:03 pm »
I can't see the club allowing this but will approach them if you want in the general context of atmosphere improvement.

Running a supporters club is pretty easy ....
If you're going to sign up on Betfair and fancy getting a free £25 on sign-up then use my refer code 749DCNQGK and I'll also get a £25 bonus ;)

Online TheKid.

• Goat abuser
  • Legacy Fan
  • Vamos
« Reply #19 on: May 2, 2002, 05:43:01 pm »
Great in principle but i really cant see any reality from it - how a brand new supporters club would get lots of tickets and stuff would be very difficult i would have thought.

Pity

Offline Reeves

• Back from the dead. Bit simples.
  • Legacy Fan
  • "THE DISTANCE BETWEEN INSANITY AND GENIUS.........
    • RAWK
« Reply #20 on: May 2, 2002, 06:40:48 pm »
Well I'm 100% behind this.
I'll gladly pay extra money to sit near like minded individuals. If someone can sort it, t'would be fucking top notch.
..........IS MEASURED ONLY BY SUCCESS"

RAWK - HJC Champions 2003
Former RAWK Scribe 2002 - 2004

treble2001

« Reply #21 on: May 2, 2002, 06:48:19 pm »

Great idea. Would love to move my season ticket to the new singing area if we can get it.

No poll's though please.

Good idea for a poll...

Nice idea, even if 15 get a block like steve said.  

Offline mark s

• gone fishin'
  • Legacy Fan
  • used to be a regular but now just irregular
« Reply #22 on: May 2, 2002, 06:54:16 pm »
i would be able to make it to every match, because of my location.

BUT i'm in 100%!  8)
the anfield shrine - those were the days my friend

Offline Barrettski

• No longer stuck to a goat or anything else with a beard.
  • Legacy Fan
  • A teenage dream is so hard to beat
« Reply #23 on: May 2, 2002, 07:23:08 pm »
I haven't got my own Season Ticket... and often watch from other stands (Moan / Annie / Cemetary).... so I'd be game for a bunch in the Kop, most definitely... or even anywhere else so long as we sang...
Football is a simple game based on the giving and taking of passes, of controlling the ball and of making yourself available to receive a pass. It is terribly simple - Bill Shankly.

treble2001

« Reply #24 on: May 2, 2002, 07:43:20 pm »
I have a ST, but if this did happen then I would love to go in, as anywhere were atmos would be guarenteed I would have -

But, is it that easy to start a supporters club, and also there would be many thinsg to sort (who gets tickets, so the system wouldn't be too cliquey).  Maybe, most posts get the tickets.  Although, ppl would just post for the sake of it then.  

As I've said, great idea, and would make the game much enjoyable, and give people to chance to meet with those they speak with (Although, would you want to? ;)).  But, would there be too much to sort?

• The name's Hall... Jonathan Hall. aka DangerPaddy. Olores de cebollas. Carly Cole Stalker. Likes to drink at Bar Fanny.
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #25 on: May 2, 2002, 07:54:41 pm »
Instead they might do polls. LOL.

Some people will just put one smilie on 300 times a day.

Although, ppl would just post for the sake of it then.  

treble2001

« Reply #26 on: May 2, 2002, 08:02:47 pm »
Only the best can do polls

Offline ttnbd

• RAWK Chief Financial Officer
  • Legacy Fan
  • ANFIELD4EVER
« Reply #27 on: May 2, 2002, 08:03:56 pm »
Just do first come first serve. ie first to pay is first to get a ticket.
So all say thanks to the Shanks

He never walked alone

Lets sing our song for all the world

From this his Liverpool home

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #28 on: May 2, 2002, 08:05:35 pm »
You're so right.

So how comes you post them lad.

Mind you as i've said before we are the MUPPETS who vote on them.

treble2001

« Reply #29 on: May 2, 2002, 08:47:55 pm »

You're so right.

So how comes you post them lad.

Mind you as i've said before we are the MUPPETS who vote on them.

Correct  ;)