Author Topic: Spurs Away NEXT season  (Read 1186 times)

Offline ttnbd

• RAWK Chief Financial Officer
  • Legacy Fan
  • ANFIELD4EVER
Spurs Away NEXT season
« on: April 25, 2002, 04:47:19 pm »
Do you think there will be a boycott of this game with the increase of ticket prices at Spurs? (where the prices are estimated to be in the range of £38 to £57)

I doubt spurs would charge less to away fans so the minimum price for a ticket could be £38 so do you think there could be a boycott of some sort (by both spurs fans and away supporters) at the extortion?
So all say thanks to the Shanks

He never walked alone

Lets sing our song for all the world

From this his Liverpool home

Offline Steve C

• Gone... but not forgotten - I hope some day you will join us
  • Legacy Fan
Re:Spurs Away NEXT season
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2002, 05:23:52 pm »
Any spare for this season? ;-)

No there wont be a boycott at 38 quid as there wasnt for Chelsea at 35 , west ham at 32 etc.

for the 57 quid one...possibly. I wouldnt pay that, unless abroad.

Offline Roger

• The Derek Acorah of RAWK & Welsh News Correspondent
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2002, 05:47:20 pm »
LFC will always sell out the Tottenham away section with the current interest in the Club- even at £57.

Offline Dan_L

• WANTED: For crimes against Carpets & Curtains
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2002, 08:25:49 pm »
Dunno about that roger. Prices are getting a bit out of hand now. The thing is there not thinking about the fan who has to fork out 4-5000 pounds if they want to watch every game (includes Euro aways of course) There is no reward from the club to the fans for their loyal support. Its a disgrace that every season ticket prices go up which means we pay more. A ******' DISGRACE I SAY.  >:(

Offline Steve_M

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4 on: April 25, 2002, 08:40:55 pm »
This was taken from the onefootball website:

Tottenham Hotspur chairman Daniel Levy has defended the club's decision to hike up ticket prices by as much as a third for next season.

"Our future success must be built upon solid foundations," said Levy, who this month announced new sponsorship and kit deals totalling £20 million.

The ticket price rise means the most expensive seat at White Hart Lane will cost £1,200, nearly £400 more than the present campaign and the equivalent of around £67 a game.

Increases range from four per cent, or double the rate of UK inflation, to 20 per cent in other areas of the ground.

"We want to continue to serve the needs of the club for many years to come," Levy told the Evening Standard. "Although the cost of most season tickets has increased, these still represent good value compared to match-day prices."

The controversial move comes as the collapse of ITV Digital has signalled troubled times for football finances - and Tottenham's north London rivals Arsenal are one of a number of major clubs to warn they will cut costs in the summer.

Levy's company Enic bought a majority stakes in Spurs last year in a deal which saw electronics tycoon Alan Sugar leave the club.

Increased investment was promised but Glenn Hoddle has largely limited his spending, with the most expensive outlay being the £8 million signing of Dean Richards.

Hoddle, though, promised a major overhaul in the summer following deals with kit manufacturer Kappa and new sponsor Thomson Holidays.

The White Hart Lane outfit missed their chance to qualify for Europe this season when they lost the Worthington Cup to Blackburn Rovers.

>:(

Couple of points about this.

One, "our future success must be built upon solid foundations." Even if it means ripping off your own fans.

Two, he states that season ticket prices are good value compared with matchday ticket prices. Is he implying that match day tickets are not good value?

If Spurs want to charge £38 a ticket, okay. As long as they pay the same when they come to Anfield. Although I feel that's ripping off other fans and not affecting their club as such. If they're really going to charge those sort of prices (and we're talking minimum prices here) then shouldn't the supporters clubs of other Premiership clubs boycott them.

Once again, another nail in the coffin of the average fan. Who the hell is going to be able to afford these sort of prices, especially when you add on travel costs, etc.

Offline Roger

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #5 on: April 26, 2002, 08:55:08 pm »
These prices are incredible I agree and market forces will prevail at some point. There will be a cut off point where so many home fans stay away that the loss in revenue is more than the profit they are making on the other seats. Football has become a big business and the fans good will has been taken for granted in some quarters. Where is the first big bubble going to burst I wonder?

I still think we will sell out at Spurs even with these silly prices!

Offline dan17

• Kopite
  • We all live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #6 on: April 27, 2002, 06:41:55 pm »
I don't want to know how much it will be next season! The touts today were offering tickets @ £125, not letting some of the real fans go but instead i see some danes on a day trip to london paying for them. Its a joke
"The very word Anfield means more to me than i can describe" Bill Shankly

Offline Roger

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #7 on: April 27, 2002, 07:10:41 pm »
You made my point. £57 is not the cut off point this season. It is £125.

I rest my case.

Offline Mottman

• OCB Rep, King of Bootle, Snake Wrangler Extraordinaire, Member of the Garston is in Runcorn Society
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8 on: April 27, 2002, 11:28:36 pm »
What would you do and feel if LFC raised our ticket prices to say £40.00 per home game.  

Is there a price when you would feel its time to pick and mix, would you be able to afford to buy a season ticket.

I really worry about our future, the kids.  how on earth can they get in now.  How can we pass on our wisdom if no one is there to listen.

Worried from Bootle.

A boy from the Mersey and a Son of Shankly.

Offline pennylane

• Boys Pen
« Reply #9 on: April 27, 2002, 11:52:30 pm »
Prices are mad, but can say that our aren't as bad as others - Chelsea is the highest right?
But then again I leave it up to Dad to pay for my season ticket....
For those of you watching in black and white, Liverpool are the team with the ball!