Author Topic: worst movie ever made ?  (Read 16365 times)

Offline Fairytale of 2005

• Legacy Fan
Re: worst movie ever made ?
« Reply #280 on: March 26, 2006, 04:20:42 pm »
When my missus was in labour (23hours!) I sat & watched some shit on the hospital tv that night. Started well enough as a friendly between the Reds & Lazio was on. Went downhill from there.

I saw this b/w alien invasion film from the 50's. It was shockingly bad & I only persisted so I could see the alien at the end. The end came & the alien emerged from a cave & it looked like an upside down carrot with an angry Mr Potato head like face. No shit. Alas, I don't recall the name of the film, was something like "It conquered the Earth" or something to that effect. Biggest pile of shit ever by a mile.

Honorable mentions to: Contact, Python, Romeo & Juliet & The Bird Cage too from me....

Offline mig

• Legacy Fan
  • Bringing back better days
« Reply #281 on: March 26, 2006, 05:11:33 pm »
anyoen here seen the "comedy" with queen latifah? can't remember what it was called. it was the afternoon after my last day at school and the entire class went out to watch a movie. they couldn't fit us in one theatre so we had to split up. i ended up going here as my mates and i were late. :-[ the black girl's character gets knocked on the head while flirting with this rapper guy. the guy takes him to the doctor and she gets a CATscan. apparently she's got a tumour or something. she decides to resign and spend all her money on this hotel she's been dreaming about. turns out the machine was broken and she lived to fulfill another dream of hers, which was set up a resaurant. biggest pile of shite i've ever seen. the gay guys in the theatre made it worse too, commenting on how good she looked after the main character blew her money in some high end clothing store.

:wanker :wanker :wanker :wanker :wanker :wanker :wanker :wanker :wanker :wanker :wanker :wanker

Offline rednile

• Last one out
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • 18 LT , 5 EC, 7 FAC, 8 LC, 3 UEFA,
« Reply #282 on: March 26, 2006, 07:01:47 pm »
watched Stuck On You last night utter shite
Spent sometimes in stormy weather                               

Offline theCanadian

• Potential grass
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #283 on: March 26, 2006, 10:30:32 pm »
I nominate Zardoz. (Sean Connery)

So bad it's laugh-out-loud funny for the first half-hour or so but then it just gets tiring.
Those who dwell, as scientists or laymen, among the beauties and mysteries of the earth are never alone or weary of life. - Rachel Carson

Online Roy Cropper

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #284 on: March 26, 2006, 10:51:30 pm »
enermy at the gates is a decent film.

Offline RedGeo

• Main Stander
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #285 on: March 26, 2006, 11:02:37 pm »
Fellas, I've done it!  I've found THE worst film of all time.

The remake of THE FOG.  Fuck me sideways, I wanted to pour shots of bleach into my eyeballs in the hope of waking up from the nightmare that was this film.  It had 1 redeeming feature.  Maggie Grace wearing nearly nothing.

OH bollocks!  I was hoping that would have been a decent remake of a classic, but knowing me I'll rent it out anyway just to satisfy my curiosity.  I love horror movies although a good one is hard to find nowadays. 

Offline Julio

• Legacy Fan
  • Brrrrrrr
« Reply #286 on: March 27, 2006, 02:44:20 am »
eh, the new guy, starrin the skinny lad from road trip.
really dont know if its a piss take or not
"We do not want a single foot of foreign territory; but of our territory we shall not surrender a single inch to anyone"

Offline Pata

• cake
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #287 on: March 27, 2006, 10:59:45 am »
It was exactly how it happened - read any account of WW2 on the Eastern Front and human wave attacks by the Red Army are repeatedly mentioned - there's a reason why the Soviets suffered such heavy casualties in WW2. The NKVD were frequently stationed behind attacks with machine guns 'pur encourager les autres'. Both sides shot people for retreating.

Your jumbled perception is pretty standard, so does not suprise me in the slightest.

Whilst the massed attacks were used to a ridiculous extent in 1941 and later on by pig-headed commanders like Zhukov (who was an absolute f*cking pr!ck and at the time of Stalingrad was losing thousands of men in front-on attacks on other sectors of the front) and I understand the director's desire to include that, the way it was done was just majorly inaccurate as
1. No matter how much one likes the idea of Russian charging en masse across a square getting machine gunned, this would've occured on a very small scale in street-to-street urban fighting - in fact, it was the Russians' skill at the said street-to-street  fighting that meant that the Germans foundered at Stalingrad.
2. Again, the idea that many silly peasant Russians went forward at gunpoint at the insistence of gun-touting commissars is a very heart-warming one that was actively cultivated during the Cold War  but is not entirely accurate as what tends to get overlooked was that "zagrad otryady" were not sat en masse in trenches with machine guns pointing at the soldiers' backs - the primary task was to be positioned some distance behind the front line and stop the soldiers pegging it if there was a breakthrough, for example, or redirecting and reforming broken up units.
Yes, this was also done via executions, etc but if you actually look at the stats - these numbers are pretty low and certainly did not amount to indiscriminately spraying the retreating troops with bullets.
3. Penal companies (batallion-strength units formed too) - these were effectively death squads, survival chances close to zero and these were often unleashed before the general attack to basically look at the Germans' patterns of fire and to prode their defences. These were not allowed to return and would often be shot if they turned back. The on in "Enemy at the Gates" did not strike me as a penal unit. There were officers' penal batallions who - if not quite sent over the top - were basically sent on the most dangerous hopeless missions. There were other penal units that were sent on reckie/sabotage missions behind the enemy front and the survival rates in these were higher. Of course, if you survived a certain period of time, you would be transferred back to a regular unit.

Of course, there were horrendous cases when penal units actually took the first German trenches but as they weren't really expected to survive, they would then get flattened by the Russian artillery bombardment - read account of the one in Yassy in 1944 - absolutely horrendous.
« Last Edit: March 27, 2006, 12:14:29 pm by Pata »

Offline Pata

• cake
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #288 on: March 27, 2006, 11:28:38 am »
So, that's another reason that I found the movie annoyingly cr*p, 'cos I can see those watching it, going "yeah, that's exactly how it happened..." when, in fact, it is quite inaccurate.

Offline Pata

• cake
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #289 on: March 27, 2006, 11:33:27 am »
enermy at the gates is a decent film.

No, you're quite mistaken, it's kack. Unless, there is another "Enemy at the Gates" Z-film somewhere out there with alien invaders with potato heads.

Offline Riises left boot

• No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
  • Gotta,gotta nice litle story your working on there
« Reply #290 on: March 27, 2006, 11:48:41 am »
watched a film last night on bbc2 called 'ginger snaps' and that could well be the worst film made
'I couldn't settle in Italy - it was like living in a foreign country.'
- Ian Rush

Offline bradigor

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Henrik Zetterpig
    • Pucks Across The Pond
  • Super Title: Loves Ron Dennis
« Reply #291 on: March 27, 2006, 01:06:19 pm »
Day after Tomorrow.

If you only have 10p of your budget left please don't blow it on making CGI wolves that look like they were done by the special school work experience kid with no computer knowledge who is blind and has never seen a wolf before and has never even heard of a film let alone seen or heard of one.

Good premise for a film. Worst execution ever

Offline Deadlogic

• Legacy Fan
  • Believe
« Reply #292 on: March 27, 2006, 02:33:49 pm »
watched a film last night on bbc2 called 'ginger snaps' and that could well be the worst film made

I saw that too.  Pile of sh*te.  I considered chewing on broken glass to relieve the pain of this film.  I didn't though.  I went to bed.

Offline IrishDave

• This custom title is invisible
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Insert clever comment here ............
« Reply #293 on: March 27, 2006, 04:51:38 pm »
So, that's another reason that I found the movie annoyingly cr*p, 'cos I can see those watching it, going "yeah, that's exactly how it happened..." when, in fact, it is quite inaccurate.

FFS sake man, it's just a film. Do you ever just relax and enjoy yourself. Next time you are going to see a movie which is supposedly based on real events just relax and try to enjoy it instead of picking at all the inaccuracies. It's a movie that's all.
Keep your friends close & your enemies won't matter

Offline RedGeo

• Main Stander
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #294 on: March 27, 2006, 04:57:24 pm »
I love the old horror movies as I mentioned previously and for some reason or other went (a few years ago btw) and bought this kack, and you know what?  and correct me if I'm wrong, but I think they've made a sequel, and NO I wont be buying it!

Offline Pata

• cake
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #295 on: March 27, 2006, 05:06:37 pm »
FFS sake man, it's just a film. Do you ever just relax and enjoy yourself. Next time you are going to see a movie which is supposedly based on real events just relax and try to enjoy it instead of picking at all the inaccuracies. It's a movie that's all.

If it was a romantic comedy of some sort - yeah, do whatever  - but if the film is based around an event in history, it might be a good idea to make it accurate - otherwise, when you are buried under the debris of b*llocks, it just makes it pretty irritating and downright embarrassing. If you wanna see a class "war film", which makes "Enemy at the Gates" look like a kindergarten nativity play, just look at "Downfall", which is simply excellent.

Offline AdamR

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #296 on: March 27, 2006, 05:08:37 pm »
A history fo Violence was pretty poor

Offline medley

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Garrincha
« Reply #297 on: March 27, 2006, 05:54:40 pm »
Day after Tomorrow.

If you only have 10p of your budget left please don't blow it on making CGI wolves that look like they were done by the special school work experience kid with no computer knowledge who is blind and has never seen a wolf before and has never even heard of a film let alone seen or heard of one.

Good premise for a film. Worst execution ever

Don't suppose you've seen that south park episode where they rip into the movie? The whole episode is based around the film and its really funny :D

I loved the selling point - "From the makers of Indepedence day"
My mate is Sarah Harding's cousin from girls aloud, he looks a fair but like her which is a bit weird when i'm cracking one off over MTV like