Author Topic: Chelsea v Liverpool team news, pre- and in-game analysis, comments etc...  (Read 5217 times)

Offline daddymac

• THE IGOR BISCAN FANCLUB
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Grown after first 10 mins and had all the possession near the end of the half.

Bit of Baros in the second half and i can see at least a point aslong as we are tighter on our right side.Duff running and doing Josemi aint good news...
Babel's clincher was the absolute jizz on the tits.

Offline America's Sweetheart

• I love you all dearly. Artichoke Festival Queen; the poster formerly known as Low.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Boypants.
We had one corner that really impressed me. Our players were really well organised and turned Chelsea inside out. If Alonso hadn't slightly overhit the ball, Hyypia would've been favourite to score at the back post. Terry was completely lost. Obviously, Benitez believes in coaching inventive set plays.

I think Diao and Traore are in the team for aerial ability.

And I wish Luis Garcia would hold his position out on the right a little better. If we're going to play this way, we can't have him and Kewell wandering all the time.

hoonin

Not impressed with Chelsea at all, they only look vaguely dangerous when Duff is on the ball. Do they have a right midfielder?

If we can create a couple of clear cut chances then you'd like to think we can take one of them. That might be all it takes. I'd hate to lose to this lot, they're a shower of shite for the money invested in them.

Offline Jimmy10Men

• Legacy Fan
  • California......Here we come!
Do they have a right midfielder?

To put it simply, no.

Paulo Ferreira is their only chance of width on that side.

Offline bradigor

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Henrik Zetterpig
    • Pucks Across The Pond
  • Super Title: Loves Ron Dennis
I personally think we shoud bring off Kewell, bring on Baros and give them something to think about.

I have a feeling we can get into them if we swap Harry for Milan

Offline Craig Mac

• Leeches files boo hiss!
  • Kopite
  • We shall not, we shall not be moved!
I personally think we shoud bring off Kewell, bring on Baros and give them something to think about.

Yeh, or possibly Garcia for Baros...

Offline Derzyjudek

• Airliner recliner decliner
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan

i must admit i thought kewel did quite well...i always prefer him playing inside.
Quote from: grifter

I'd rather take a belt sander to me cock and crush me own bollocks with a nut cracker than go within 100yds of her stinky flabby twat.

Offline Redsnappa

• Pining for No.20
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thanks Shanks for Tosh and Kev.

Agreed - they're no great shakes Chelsea. Go for it - we'd frighten them to death.

Offline Cardie

• Has severe hair-trigger and adores Aberdare
  • Legacy Fan
Not impressed with Chelsea at all, they only look vaguely dangerous when Duff is on the ball. Do they have a right midfielder?

If we can create a couple of clear cut chances then you'd like to think we can take one of them. That might be all it takes. I'd hate to lose to this lot, they're a shower of shite for the money invested in them.

Sad thing is they'll probably, if Chelsea hold true to form, continue to be un-impressive but sneak a late goal.

Think a draw would be a good result all things considered.

Offline COR

• Kopite
  • 2 Times RAWK World Texas Holdem Champion
Can't really blame Josemi, he's getting no support and Duff is worldclass, alot more efficient that fake ronaldo, especially when Gallas gets up to support him. It's pretty obvious they're trying to cut Xabi out of the game and so far it seems to be working what we really need is a little bit of bite out of Garcia, to try and take a few chelsea players with him and make room for others and to also do his best to support Josemi. If duff keeps getting past Josemi, I wouldn't be surprised to see Finnan coming on.

Offline [streety]

• Craig Davis killed the thread
  • Legacy Fan
    • Coming Soon...
Not a bad first half.
I have been impressed with Josemi this season so far but he has been "done" several times down our right. Loved the start to the game when he clattered Duff :D
Troare has played ok but jumped in and turned his back on Ferreira (for Lampard's miss).
Kewell is the usual :( and Diao isn't good enough.

Hopefully we can sneak a 1-0 ;)

hoonin

Baros would present them with a few problems. Would be good to see him introduced alongside Cisse with enough time to get into the game.

hoonin

Not a bad first half.
I have been impressed with Josemi this season so far but he has been "done" several times down our right. Loved the start to the game when he clattered Duff :D

To be fair to him he's not really had much support from those in front of him. With Drogba and Duff playing out in that area he's had to have  support from Carra to make sure he's not been overrun.

Offline dodds

• Kemlynite
  • never walk alone

ye bring on milan so far so good  ;) ;) ;) ;)

Offline bradigor

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Henrik Zetterpig
    • Pucks Across The Pond
  • Super Title: Loves Ron Dennis
One thing i don't get now, is why don't players run at the keeper on the backpass anymore.

on a few occassions  Cisse has made half hearted jogs towards the keepr, but surely you can try and force him into a mistake

Offline COR

• Kopite
Kewell just saved us, headed away from the line. Xabi just fluffed a free kick.

Offline Graeme

• Slightly Undergay RAWK PC Support
  • Legacy Fan
I wont say it

Offline Cardie

• Legacy Fan
FUCK

Offline Cardie

• Legacy Fan
I wont say it

Say what, that the man marking didn't work?

Offline Paul Tomkins

• Legacy Fan
A few warnings from Lampard, but glad Drogba is off (although Duff and Cole might link passes through us - could be a worry; and enforced substutions always tend to result in flukey goals!).

>:(

And another set piece.

All the more annoying as we were playing pretty well. 

Pheeny

got the .tv Com's on and this is the first time I've heard the Chelsea fans!

hoonin

Plenty of time to get back into this game - as long as we show a bit of adventure going forward. We're still playing very conservatively.

Offline dodds

• Kemlynite
  • never walk alone

>:(

And another set piece.

All the more annoying as we were playing pretty well. 
oh sh-t

Offline coltmanaman

• Kopite
playing very conservatively

That's one way to put it.... I say its a lack of ambition.  We're playing better than we did against Bolton, Utd & Olympiacos but again we seem completely toothless in the final third.

Offline COR

• Kopite
Riise is playing left back, Djimi's in the centre, Carragher's gone out to the right, Kewell's gone on the left wing and Baros is up beside Cisse.

hoonin

That's one way to put it.... I say its a lack of ambition. We're playing better than we did against Bolton, Utd & Olympiacos but again we seem completely toothless in the final third.

True. A few changes by Rafa, so lets hope it brings a little more intent.

Offline COR

• Kopite
Hamann and Finnan on for Diao and Garcia, we still don't look like threatening the goal.

Offline smicer07

• Negative, miserable sod!
  • Legacy Fan
This seems terrible again..

Offline coltmanaman

• Kopite
Most frustarting part of these away performances is you can't put your finger on what exactly is going wrong.... Attitude?? Ambition?? Different tactics??   I'm buggered if I know

Carra's been superb today though

Offline Cardie

• Legacy Fan
WHy the hell is Kirkland trying to keep goal 8 yards out, that's twice now.

Offline Graeme

• Slightly Undergay RAWK PC Support
  • Legacy Fan
FT

Offline COR

• Kopite
Full time.

Speechless.

Offline Paul Tomkins

• Legacy Fan
WHy the hell is Kirkland trying to keep goal 8 yards out, that's twice now.

He does that - I remember against Galatasary he made some great saves 12 yards out! A bit reckless maybe, but it forces the issue, and narrows the angle. Perhaps he needs to tone it down a little. He still played well.

As for us, disappointing again, but we were doing okay until they scored. But that's two of the three toughest away games out the way - and we've only played four away!

There's still a lot lacking in every department, but it will take time to identify problems and eradicate them, and to find the correct personnel - either on the books, or elsewhere.

Offline walshys_mullet

• Aka walshys_mullet. Thinks manager is a coward. Only posts in match threads every other week due to rotation. We suspect this is John Aldridge or Andy Gray posting under a pseudonym.
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all live in a Red and White Kop
what the fuck, fuck, fuck, fuck, fuck, fuck, is wrong with this fucking team AGAIN!!!!!!!!

YYYYEEEEEAAAAARRRGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHH!!!! :no :no :no :no
"If you're in the penalty area and don't know what to do with the ball, put it in the net and we'll discuss the options later."

The Great 'Should have been Sir' Bob Paisley

Offline Phoenix

• Kopite
  • Centre Half Enforcer for AFC Waterside.
    • Twitter
Another away game with 2 shots on target, striker needed me thinks...
"We buy balloons, we let them go"...

Offline Cardie

• Legacy Fan

He does that - I remember against Galatasary he made some great saves 12 yards out! A bit reckless maybe, but it forces the issue, and narrows the angle. Perhaps he needs to tone it down a little. He still played well.

As for us, disappointing again, but we were doing okay until they scored. But that's two of the three toughest away games out the way - and we've only played four away!

There's still a lot lacking in every department, but it will take time to identify problems and eradicate them, and to find the correct personnel - either on the books, or elsewhere.

It's not when he does it dead infront of his goal that bothers me so much, he's big enought to deal with the lobs and can stretch, in these cases he was doing it to the left and right of the goal, it left the defenders scrambling to get to the line to cover.

Offline Derzyjudek

• Airliner recliner decliner
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  cant defend set pieces.....cant take them
Quote from: grifter

I'd rather take a belt sander to me cock and crush me own bollocks with a nut cracker than go within 100yds of her stinky flabby twat.

hoonin

Sad thing is they'll probably, if Chelsea hold true to form, continue to be un-impressive but sneak a late goal.

Fuck off with your Russell Grant style predictions :wanker

:P

Offline walshys_mullet

• Aka walshys_mullet. Thinks manager is a coward. Only posts in match threads every other week due to rotation. We suspect this is John Aldridge or Andy Gray posting under a pseudonym.
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all live in a Red and White Kop
oh and what a surprise gary mac on again and we lose.... :lickin
"If you're in the penalty area and don't know what to do with the ball, put it in the net and we'll discuss the options later."

The Great 'Should have been Sir' Bob Paisley

Offline Trell

• Kopite
  • "Winning trophies has made me put on weight."

Gutted but not surprised really about the FT result. We seem to be firing on 3 and a half cylinders when we play away and although we played better than the last few away games we still dont seem to be able to get into full gear.

Problem is i cannot put my finger on exactly what the difference is between Home and away performances.

Have to agree with Aldo on the zonal marking thing tho. Our defence just does not seem to like playing it.

My man of the Match -------- Carra
Famous words of wisdom:

If you're in the penalty area and aren't quite sure what to do with the ball, stick it in the net and we'll discuss your options afterwards!

I always said we had the best two teams on Merseyside... Liverpool and Liverpool Reserves.