Author Topic: Chelsea v Liverpool team news, pre- and in-game analysis, comments etc...  (Read 5215 times)

Offline Craig Mac

• Leeches files boo hiss!
  • Kopite
  • We shall not, we shall not be moved!
Agreed, Lets hope JAR can maybe get a goal today from left midfield, hes been short in that department but all other areas of his game have much improved  :) Think Diao may have been brought in as you say to give us a bit of muscle in that area, rafa did indicate on tues that we need to be stronger in midfield. I also think Harry is need of a big performance today and shut those cockney twats up.

Couldent agree more.

Offline Cardie

• Has severe hair-trigger and adores Aberdare
  • Legacy Fan
Fair play we've had our arses handed to us on a plate by them in recent years.

:-\

Offline Lee1-6Liv

• Daddy Discord
  • Legacy Fan
I cant fecking believe it!

No Biscan on the bench ???  :P

Offline Cardie

• Legacy Fan
Formation explained courtesy of Rafa.

"It'll be 442....4411.....4231."

That clears that up then.

Offline Ian-TN

• The slightly shop spoiled Jon Hall
  • Legacy Fan
Key Points on selection:

Traore gives us more pace at the back, and more height for set pieces (as does Kirkland).

Riise and Diao give us more pace in midfield. Diao also gives us more height for - you guessed it - set pieces (being far better in the air than Hamann).

Riise and Traore give our left hand side a solid look - Warnock could do the same at left-mid, but Riise has goals in his locker (even if hidden at the bottom under an old sweaty towel).

It actually looks a better balanced team in many ways (certainly height and pace), but with a couple of "lesser" players in the side.

Team to win the game more than best 11 individuals then.

Didn't Benny say that at the start of the year?
To an interpreter, regarding excited Italian journalists:
'Just tell them I completely disagree with everything they say.'

Offline Ian-TN

• Legacy Fan
Formation explained courtesy of Rafa.

"It'll be 442....4411.....4231."

That clears that up then.

No giving away our game plan, I like it  ;D

Offline dodds

• Kemlynite
  • never walk alone
5 changes to team.

Kirkland
Josemi
Carra
Sami
Traore
Riise
Alonso
Garcia
Diao
Kewell
Cisse

Subs
Dudek
Warnock
Baros
Hamann
Finnan
i understand 1 or 2 changes but 5  heres hoping

Offline Ian-TN

• Legacy Fan
Bollocks to all this player and tactics talk, LETS JUST FUCKIN HAVE 'EM REDMEN!!!!

Offline Rushian

• Blanco y en botella
  • RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
  • ¡No Pasarán!
    • Red and White Kop
It's good to see Kewell play in his "proper" position at last. Diao for Hamann is the big surprise for me, but Didi was poor midweek. Think Garcia looks good on the right. Last few times Traore played for us at leftback he played very well - better centrehalf though.
If you're going to sign up on Betfair and fancy getting a free £25 on sign-up then use my refer code 749DCNQGK and I'll also get a £25 bonus ;)

Offline Jimmy10Men

• Legacy Fan
  • California......Here we come!
Maybe Kewell will play on the right and Luis Garcia off Cisse?

hoonin

Daio and Traore.

God help us.

It disappoints me a little when I here stuff like this.

Fair do's last season neither player excelled and I doubt they would feature in manys starting 11. but under a new manager we should be looking to put last years prejudices behind us. Maybe the might just exceed peoples expections here?

Offline Kop4

• Legacy Fan
  • Can't get his avatar's boobs to jiggle.
Swing that axe Rafa!

1-0 (but don't ask which way)
nah, for us hopefully.

Diou should give us more pace / mobility / aggression.

Alonso + Hamann looked slow last time.

And the mancs 1-0 down at half time (won't hold my breath though)

Come on you Reds
A travesty of a sham of a mockery.

Offline smicer07

• Negative, miserable sod!
  • Legacy Fan
Comms in the chat room if wanted..

Offline Paul Tomkins

• Legacy Fan
Kewell can hold the ball up with his back to goal better than Garcia, who can be muscled off the ball in that area of the pitch - when he's facing goal, Garcia is at his best.

Offline America's Sweetheart

• I love you all dearly. Artichoke Festival Queen; the poster formerly known as Low.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Boypants.
Time Warner/Setanta's guide for this match says that Liverpool's deadly strikeforce of Michael Owen and Emile Heskey will be posing a constant threat.

Hmmm.

Pheeny

Time Warner/Setanta's guide for this match says that Liverpool's deadly strikeforce of Michael Owen and Emile Heskey will be posing a constant threat.

Hmmm.

lol

Offline COR

• Kopite
  • 2 Times RAWK World Texas Holdem Champion
It's all chelsea right now, carragher is playing brilliantly - he's blocking or heading away everything chelsea have thrown at us so far. Touching wood.

hoonin

Kirky seems in pain. Has been wincing both times after getting up from smothering the ball. :-\

Offline Cardie

• Legacy Fan
Kirky seems in pain. Has been wincing both times after getting up from smothering the ball. :-\

BHe was clattered first by Carragher and then by Josemi, wouldn't be suprised if he goes off injured, by a liverpool player, before the end of the game.

Needs to cover the front post not go diving in 2-3 yards beyond it when a player has it covered.

Offline COR

• Kopite
That's not even funny, how unlucky can a guy get?

And it's a pretty scrappy game, fouls every other minute.

And smith just scored for the mancs, fuck.

Offline Kinch

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
Good effort by Cisse, trying to make something happen.

Cole on for Drogba
"Since the beginning of the world you have fought against our gentle power with your coarse weakness; and when you triumph over us for an hour, you croak and clamour merrily like the frogs of the water. And when we conquer you and subdue you for an age, we remain as silent giants."

Offline neil4ad

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
What's the latest?  I'm stuck looking at the live BBC (text) match report.  I just read that Drogba's off.  Is Kirky injured too?  Shit. 
"A lot of football success is in the mind. You must believe you are the best and then make sure that you are. In my time at Anfield we always said we had the best two teams on Merseyside, Liverpool and Liverpool reserves." -Bill Shankly

Offline Red Moose

• Kopite
traore was done then, diving in

hoonin

Well, he seemed mobile enough when he came out to clear that ball. 'ave it ;D

Offline Kinch

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
Kirky appears to be fine.
"Since the beginning of the world you have fought against our gentle power with your coarse weakness; and when you triumph over us for an hour, you croak and clamour merrily like the frogs of the water. And when we conquer you and subdue you for an age, we remain as silent giants."

Offline Graeme

• Slightly Undergay RAWK PC Support
  • Legacy Fan
We need to start getting tighter on Lampard - he's had three good chances now.

Offline Cardie

• Legacy Fan
Wouldn't be against a cheeky bid for Adrian Mutu in January.

Offline neil4ad

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
 :)
Come on LFC!
"A lot of football success is in the mind. You must believe you are the best and then make sure that you are. In my time at Anfield we always said we had the best two teams on Merseyside, Liverpool and Liverpool reserves." -Bill Shankly

Offline COR

• Kopite
He hasn't had that much to do, it seems to be only lampard going for shots/headers and he keeps missing.

Altogether, not a bad first half - certainly an improvement over the first halves in the other away games.

Offline Kinch

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
HT 0-0
Majority of the possesion to Chelsea, looked better towards the end of the 1st half though.

Offline shizzledizzle

• Kopite
according to the soccernet.com gamecast, chelsea is lying on our goal  :-\

hoping we will be the better side next half....

Offline walshys_mullet

• Aka walshys_mullet. Thinks manager is a coward. Only posts in match threads every other week due to rotation. We suspect this is John Aldridge or Andy Gray posting under a pseudonym.
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all live in a Red and White Kop
this game is here for the taking if we can get our act together up front. Kewell and garcia are losing the ball too quickly, if we can hold it a bit we can work something.

Diao has been a breath of fresh air really, he may have give one or two fouls away but its nice seeing someone put the boot in.
"If you're in the penalty area and don't know what to do with the ball, put it in the net and we'll discuss the options later."

The Great 'Should have been Sir' Bob Paisley

Offline Cardie

• Legacy Fan
HT 0-0
Majority of the possesion to Chelsea, looked better towards the end of the 1st half though.

Not according to the stats

Offline Craig Mac

• Leeches files boo hiss!
  • Kopite
  • We shall not, we shall not be moved!
Looking ok, but to me we really dont look like were gonna score....

Offline Paul Tomkins

• Legacy Fan
Decent - tight at the back and getting a few numbers forward as well. Cisse's had a couple of decent efforts, and Kewell's won a lot of flick-ons that Cisse hasn't quite read, and Harry has put in three quality crosses (still nowhere near his best, mind).

Luis Garcia is leaving us short on the right defensively - Josemi being skinned by Duff and Gallas. Josemi is good on the ball, and in the tackle, but lacks pace to keep up with a quick winger. (No one's perfect!). LG needs to do more with the ball, but he does pop up in dangerous positions.

A few warnings from Lampard, but glad Drogba is off (although Duff and Cole might link passes through us - could be a worry; and enforced substutions always tend to result in flukey goals!).

Carra has been superb, Alonso using the ball well but Chelsea are defending well and blocking our passes.

Offline Mark.

• Kopite
  • Robbie is God
Good, solid performance so far.

Kewell must get in the game more, he's posing a couple of problems for Carvalho and Terry. Just feel when he gets the ball, he's trying to do too much with it e.g. trying to put in Traore but instead put it far to ahead of him.

Cisse's impressing me, he's involving himself with the build up play and is coming wide, as is Diao, who's breaking up dangerous their passing moves.

Josemi's gotta cop with Duff a bit better because he is looking very dangerous. The rest of the defence are spot on espec. Carra!

Kirkland looks a bit shaky, but I suppose that's only to be expected.

Maybe for the second half just switch Garcia and Kewell and see how that works out.

COME ON YOU RED MEN.

Offline Derzyjudek

• Airliner recliner decliner
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan

decent first half performance...josemi needs more help tho...hes being left on his own too much...carry on like this and maybe snatch a goal.
Quote from: grifter

I'd rather take a belt sander to me cock and crush me own bollocks with a nut cracker than go within 100yds of her stinky flabby twat.

Offline Redsnappa

• Pining for No.20
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thanks Shanks for Tosh and Kev.
Carra, Traore and Sami playing well. Loved the shot of Carra urging the defence upfield. Josemi and Garcia playing like strangers, Kewell trying, very trying, Djib will score. Alonso not firing. We're not conceding as many free kicks around the box - maybe it's Hamann that causes most of those?

Offline DK

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
It's the kind of game where if we can sneak one in, it may just be enough.

Offline Jimmy10Men

• Legacy Fan
  • California......Here we come!
Cisse looks up for it today.

Very lively on the ball and some decent work down the channels, getting to the byeline and putting a couple of crosses in in the first half hour.