Author Topic: Spurs v Liverpool, teams, and the rest...  (Read 3640 times)

Offline cakmin

• Estoy aburrido
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
    • La Ostra
Re: Spurs v Liverpool, teams, and the rest...
« Reply #80 on: August 14, 2004, 03:46:05 pm »
Guz-Kop,
When Gerrard off, that could probably the reason Rafa moved Kewell to the middle playing along side (or behind??) Pongolle. I am guessing though.

Offline MichaelA

• MasterBaker, honey-trapper and 'concerned neighbour'. Beyond The Pale. Vermin on the ridiculous. Would love to leave Ashley Cole gasping for air. Dupe Snoop Extraordinaire. RAWK MARTYR #1. The proud owner of a new lower case a. Mickey Two Sheds.
  • RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
  • At the Academy
  • Super Title: MichaelA
« Reply #81 on: August 14, 2004, 03:47:40 pm »
Reality bites.

Offline Hemal

• Legacy Fan
  • I saw Elvis. He sat between me & Bigfoot on a UFO.
« Reply #82 on: August 14, 2004, 03:49:15 pm »
first half ok, defence was never troubled, second half exposed what we all know, he has got to get a centre half to partner hypia. one mistake, but it dosent half cost you. midfield got stretched no outlet when the two forwards were replaced, so he does need a forward. i thought spurs were there to be taken, especially when rednap was on the pitch. im afraid there is not much to cheer about yet, but at least the manager knows he needs good players, rather than postcodes, but i dont think were going to get them.....champions no chance.

think carra now has that job.

their fittness showed in 2nd half and ultimatly won them the game. hopefully nunez will be here early next week and ready to play next week.
Make mine a large

Offline adamski

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #83 on: August 14, 2004, 03:49:38 pm »
Reality bites.

lol!

Nice touch whoever brought that Merci Gerard Banner. 

Offline LFCChosenOne

• Main Stander
    • Liverpool Football Zone
« Reply #84 on: August 14, 2004, 03:50:49 pm »
It was good to see Kewell coming out of his shell a bit in the second half, he showed a few signs of the danger player he is.

Im hoping he just needs some match practice, i thought he had score with that 30+ yarder.
www[dot]lfc[dot]rocks[dot]it

Offline carling

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #85 on: August 14, 2004, 04:03:26 pm »
We could do with having an extra, more dynamic and creative presence in central midfield as Didi, Igor and Diao all do the same job.
Spot on!  Maybe some team would swap Biscan and Diao for one  :-\
Or maybe not.

Offline Walshy nMeŽ

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Legend
« Reply #86 on: August 14, 2004, 04:33:53 pm »
Spurs played OVER TWICE AS MANY friendlies!

I don't see how this should affect us Paul. It is the start of the season, we should be fit enough from our own preperations.

We were also playing a very weak Spurs side. That said, I am still happy (ish) with the point.

As (i think just tim) said, we have 1 more point that we did this time last season.

Offline Paul Tomkins

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #87 on: August 14, 2004, 04:49:18 pm »

I don't see how this should affect us Paul. It is the start of the season, we should be fit enough from our own preperations.

We were also playing a very weak Spurs side. That said, I am still happy (ish) with the point.

Wasn't meant to be an excuse; I was worried by how late we started pre-season and how few games we played (I'm still baffled that some players only played four halves of football - the equivalent to just TWO games).

Spurs also had SIX debutants, including a 17-year-old, so I expected us to win, especially after the first half and the Cisse goal. As Tony Cottee said in the commentary, it takes six games to get fully match-fit, so I think we won't see Cisse and Baros at full-tilt for a couple of weeks. Once they are sharp, we'll see much more of a cutting edge. Same for Kewell - he looked quick when running, but was blowing hard in between!

I was really disappointed with the way we became so passive in the second half, but we can't expect Rafa to change things overnight. If it was that easy, he wouldn't have been needed in the first place.

Offline Guz-kop

• Baz cop
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #88 on: August 14, 2004, 05:02:36 pm »
Also, did anyone see those posters at our end when the players came out or just after? Unless I'm going blind I swear I got a glimpse of the "THE TRUTH, 96 DEAD, DON'T BUY THE S*N" posters held up by a few people
It's wonderful, it's marvellous, it's 3-3

Offline Walshy nMeŽ

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Legend
« Reply #89 on: August 14, 2004, 05:25:18 pm »
we can't expect Rafa to change things overnight. If it was that easy, he wouldn't have been needed in the first place.

I feel sorry for the nails. You can't stop from hitting them on the head today :wave

Offline Mal

• adjusted. The Preston Heston is Aylesbury Ducked. Accepts rubbers from any Dick.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #90 on: August 14, 2004, 05:39:09 pm »
Curates Egg.
@ManifoldReasons

Offline Barney_Rubble

• #
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #91 on: August 14, 2004, 05:49:27 pm »

Also, did anyone see those posters at our end when the players came out or just after? Unless I'm going blind I swear I got a glimpse of the "THE TRUTH, 96 DEAD, DON'T BUY THE S*N" posters held up by a few people

Posted it HERE

87:13

Offline Mottman

• OCB Rep, King of Bootle, Snake Wrangler Extraordinaire, Member of the Garston is in Runcorn Society
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #92 on: August 14, 2004, 10:51:28 pm »
 :upyours

Tried to jinx the Reds by saying we'd get beat, it usually works.

Not this time, maybe the next time.

For the first time ever I paid for PPV, don't like it very PC. Wow how biased are they already?

;) 
A boy from the Mersey and a Son of Shankly.