Author Topic: PL: Liverpool 0 v 1 Crystal Palace Eze 14’  (Read 24143 times)

Offline RedMan89

• Anny Roader
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: PL: Liverpool 0 v 1 Crystal Palace Eze 14’
« Reply #400 on: April 14, 2024, 04:20:43 pm »
There were a few times when we looked dangerous on the counter. However, for the most part, we are too predictable in the final third, and our attack is one-dimensional, making it easy for other teams to defend against. On many occasions, the opposition puts in a freak performance, and this is not by coincidence.

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #401 on: April 14, 2024, 04:21:02 pm »
What's wrong?  The Manager himself has said he's goosed, that's why he's packing in.  Many of the players are done too, some for the season, some for good.  The new manager, whoever he is, won't be the panacea to all ills but will bring a fresh approach that other teams don't know.  Klopp's team have been worked out, work hard against them and park the bus and they struggle, we need something new.

Incidentally, apologies for having an opinion that doesn't line up with the superfan narrative.

You're a fuckin' idiot.

Offline wheresnemeth

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #402 on: April 14, 2024, 04:21:03 pm »
Let's be real we should have scored at least a couple. We finished badly and were unlucky.

We weren't unlucky. That is currently the level of the team in front of goal.
making a c*nting mess of a list, like c*nts on a bike trying to win the Tour de France...

Offline elsewhere

• Turning Japanese, I think I'm turning Japanese, I really think I mean African, so...
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #403 on: April 14, 2024, 04:21:06 pm »
Have to say though I am liking the Gakpo of the last two games. Actually trying to run at players and make something happen.
Nah, he was a pointless transfer from the very beginning, I don't think anyone in the club knows wtf we were thinking, we still have no clue how and where to use him.

Offline Mister Flip Flop

• More flop than flip.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #404 on: April 14, 2024, 04:21:10 pm »
Literally anyone would have been better than him today. His legs are gone. He didn’t look arsed for most of the game, and he just looks like a player at the end of his career. He was actually a hindrance today. Elliott would have done better starting instead of him.

Agreed that’s it’s very sad to witness this after he’s given us so much but I’ll bite anyone’s hand off what whatever they give us for him in the summer.

Not just his legs his general strength looks gone. It's beyond weird.
Soccer - let's face it, its not really about a game of ball anymore is it?

Offline LiverBirdKop

• A moron. Twice. No flies on their nullshit
  • Legacy Fan
  • 51,077 Deleted
« Reply #405 on: April 14, 2024, 04:21:20 pm »
Amazing how often -in every game- we end up with Virgil and Konate/Quansah -very slowly- passing the ball to each other back and forth back and forth.

Offline Nick110581

• Up the tricky reds
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hearts Jurgen
« Reply #406 on: April 14, 2024, 04:21:31 pm »
There were a few times when we looked dangerous on the counter. However, for the most part, we are too predictable in the final third, and our attack is one-dimensional, making it easy for other teams to defend against. On many occasions, the opposition puts in a freak performance, and this is not by coincidence.

You have made a few points here that are contradictory.
No, jazz. You fear jazz. You fear the lack of rules, the lack of boundaries. Oh look, it's a fence. But, no, it's soft.

Offline Wingman

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #407 on: April 14, 2024, 04:21:33 pm »
We haven’t scored in the last two at home, we lost both because we conceded, but we can’t be relying on clean sheets for a draw we need to be scoring to be winning

Offline thejbs

• well-focussed, deffo not at all bias......ed
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #408 on: April 14, 2024, 04:21:53 pm »
From doubters to believers and back to doubters

There’s belief and then there’s blind faith.

Online Gili Gulu

• Looking forward to seeing the Golden Sky
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #409 on: April 14, 2024, 04:21:57 pm »
We have punched above our weight in all fairness.

We could still have won the league but Sunday seemed to have derailed us despite Klopp speaking sensibly.

If Salah and Nunez has performed as, really, they should have done, then we'd have beaten United in the league game and Palace today.

Our finishing has let us down badly, and I'm afraid the forwards must take the bulk of the blame.

The team has been good enough for a title challenge, but our forwards' form has slumped, and Jota has only just come back.
Gili Gulu. (嘰哩咕嚕) means saying something no-one understands but yourself; a little rambling or a silly language between friends

Offline Le Westalero

• Main Stander
  • You can count on Jürgen Norbert Klopp
« Reply #410 on: April 14, 2024, 04:22:03 pm »
He did f*** all at least the other forwards got in a position to miss chances he's just anonymous

Okay. I saw an incredible good Gakpo who turned his form around and tried everything with dribbles and passes and refreshed our attack. 

Offline Oldmanmick

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #411 on: April 14, 2024, 04:22:07 pm »
Sometimes I fucking hate football. This is one of those times.

Offline lgvkarlos

• Finnished with his shit punnery now.....
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #412 on: April 14, 2024, 04:22:11 pm »
Literally anyone would have been better than him today. His legs are gone. He didn’t look arsed for most of the game, and he just looks like a player at the end of his career. He was actually a hindrance today. Elliott would have done better starting instead of him.

Agreed that’s it’s very sad to witness this after he’s given us so much but I’ll bite anyone’s hand off what whatever they give us for him in the summer.
This for every game since he returned yet he's left on, was pulled off early in the first game and had a strop.
 Klopp just bottling it with him since is the only way I can see it.

Offline Lubeh

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #413 on: April 14, 2024, 04:22:19 pm »
Has to go down to Klopps selection, i love the man but keeping Jones on in that game for that length of time was atleast 80 minutes too late, not only blaming Jones but he brought nothing to the game today, we need to sell alot of players and been in some who dont just play sideways and backwards.

we need :

1 CB for Matip possibly two as Konate is always injured
1 LB to replace Tsimi
1DM  to replace Endo or use Baj.
1CM unless Dom finds form
and sadly 2 forwards, Diaz, Mo will prob go, Nunez i really dont know what to think 2 seasons and as much as we love him he misses too many (give Carvalho a chance?)

maybe look to sell Jones, Konate, Diaz and Salah make some cash and get some lads from Amorim's lot. (Inacio, Hjuland and Edwards)

Online Draex

• Geek God of Typing Letters. Hugo unleashes Jaws? Purveyor of fuel products in Kent.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #414 on: April 14, 2024, 04:22:43 pm »
Konate and Van Dijk must have passed it to eachother over 100 times, little pea rollers, rinse repeat. Don’t get it.

Online jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #415 on: April 14, 2024, 04:22:52 pm »
What's wrong?  The Manager himself has said he's goosed, that's why he's packing in.  Many of the players are done too, some for the season, some for good.  The new manager, whoever he is, won't be the panacea to all ills but will bring a fresh approach that other teams don't know.  Klopp's team have been worked out, work hard against them and park the bus and they struggle, we need something new.

Incidentally, apologies for having an opinion that doesn't line up with the superfan narrative.

So you have a pop at someone for having a different view to yourself and you then have a go at him for the same reason before calling him a super fan. Nice one.  ::)
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Online duvva 💅

• lippa RAWK Diivva, broke Kenny's sky
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • LFC Quiz Rivals Most Hated
« Reply #416 on: April 14, 2024, 04:22:57 pm »
Has to go down to Klopps selection, i love the man but keeping Jones on in that game for that length of time was atleast 80 minutes too late, not only blaming Jones but he brought nothing to the game today, we need to sell alot of players and been in some who dont just play sideways and backwards.

we need :

1 CB for Matip possibly two as Konate is always injured
1 LB to replace Tsimi
1DM  to replace Endo or use Baj.
1CM unless Dom finds form
and sadly 2 forwards, Diaz, Mo will prob go, Nunez i really dont know what to think 2 seasons and as much as we love him he misses too many (give Carvalho a chance?)

maybe look to sell Jones, Konate, Diaz and Salah make some cash and get some lads from Amorim's lot. (Inacio, Hjuland and Edwards)

There’s a transfer thread for this shite
"If you don't limit yourself with bad thoughts, you can fly" - Jurgen Klopp

Offline lgvkarlos

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #417 on: April 14, 2024, 04:23:01 pm »
Okay. I saw an incredible good Gakpo who turned his form around and tried everything with dribbles and passes and refreshed our attack. 
Absolutely, he was fantastic when he cam on.

Online JackWard33

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • President of the Harry Wilson fanclub
« Reply #418 on: April 14, 2024, 04:23:01 pm »
Looks like a brilliantly well worked goal to me. Jurgen's "wow" afterwards says it all.

Hahahahah as if he’s doing that at their play … our right back and dm got played round like a pre season friendly

Offline kvarmeismydad

• Might regale ya with tales of footballing genitalia
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #419 on: April 14, 2024, 04:23:13 pm »
We had the chances to win but there was definitely a lack of belief and fight and positive energy. Against Atalanta I thought we were soft in the 50/50s and they were able.to steal the ball and turn us over quite often. Today Palace obviously reviewed that game and made sure to have forwards in the half space ready to recieve the ball.

We're quite easy to read as a team and we're quite lax in giving away chances to attack our back 4. I thought today should have been a classic pass to death job where Palace would come and chase us down and we should have just rope a doped them with patient passing then hit them with some fast paced attacks.

Klopp and Lijnders seem to figure out the opposition live in the moment and react tactically really well second half. They've been quite poor at setting up the team from the off though and it's finally come back to bite them.

My.last point is that whilst it's not as fun, the patient passing rope a dope style would leave the squad with more in the tank in the last quarter of the season vs a high energy pressing style sadly. We saw that the year before last and we're seeing it now.

It's been a wild ride but.im ready for 2 sitting midfielders now.
@paulair

Offline Mighty_Red

• Rojo Poderoso!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • All hail the King...
    • Join the fight - SOS
« Reply #420 on: April 14, 2024, 04:23:17 pm »
We haven't often got what we've deserved over the last 9 years, but we got what we deserved today which was nothing. You just can't start every game like that and expect to win matches. Title contenders start with authority and show desire from the start, not late in the 2nd half.

Comebacks and late goals are for the odd occasion when you have a bad day, not every game.

Poor at the back, poor in midfield and now poor in front of goal. The lack of composure has hurt the whole team.

The chaos thing has been brilliant to watch but sometimes you just need a cool head.
Some clubs were always destined for greatness...

Offline smicer07

• Negative, miserable sod!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #421 on: April 14, 2024, 04:23:37 pm »
Feel sorry for the new manager already. Our support is so used to winning you forget what it's like to lose.

Offline DonkeyWan

• ker. Football Genius, Generously gives Young Jürgen pointers to help him improve.
  • Legacy Fan
  • I never met a man who wasn't...
« Reply #422 on: April 14, 2024, 04:23:40 pm »
Just leaving stadium, pretty bad atmosphere. Most common view expressed was league is gone and team are struggling badly. Season feels like it is over
Beatings will continue until morale improves...

Offline rocco

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • ⭐️⭐️⭐️6 Times Baby ⭐️⭐️⭐️
« Reply #423 on: April 14, 2024, 04:23:58 pm »
Gutted to see Klopps last season go out like this

Offline plura

• Bear with me
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #424 on: April 14, 2024, 04:24:00 pm »
Konate and Van Dijk must have passed it to eachother over 100 times, little pea rollers, rinse repeat. Don’t get it.

You need your midfielders to demand the ball from them and do something. Thiago would have if ever fit.

Offline Oldmanmick

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #425 on: April 14, 2024, 04:24:39 pm »
Watch Arsenal drop points at home to Villa  >:(

Online n00bert

• Legacy Fan
  • Born a Red, die a Red. 4-2-3-1 Ultra. DM sceptic.
« Reply #426 on: April 14, 2024, 04:24:45 pm »
Look if Villa don’t shit the bed today and just roll over, they could do Arsenal. They’ve got good enough players to do it, they’re well positioned in their conference league game and Arsenal may need to play within themselves for that Bayern return next week. They do have momentum and belief, what we are currently missing.  We need a fillip, and right now I’m hanging on to any small hope. You never know   

Offline lgvkarlos

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #427 on: April 14, 2024, 04:25:10 pm »
Gutted to see Klopps last season go out like this
Absolutely, that's what makes it even worse.

Offline elsewhere

• Turning Japanese, I think I'm turning Japanese, I really think I mean African, so...
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #428 on: April 14, 2024, 04:25:14 pm »
whatever it was that happened in cup match against Utd, I think that caused us mentally screw up the season. We lost belief, players felt like whatever they do they were not gonna win, we were just not ourselves after that.
« Last Edit: April 14, 2024, 04:26:45 pm by elsewhere »

Offline smicer07

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #429 on: April 14, 2024, 04:25:16 pm »
Watch Arsenal drop points at home to Villa  >:(

Yeah City were always the big favourites.

Offline lindylou100

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #430 on: April 14, 2024, 04:25:22 pm »
weirdly it feels as though we seem less of a team once we stopped playing the youngsters.

Offline smicer07

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #431 on: April 14, 2024, 04:25:50 pm »
whatever it was that happened in cup match against Utd, I think that caused us mentally screw up the season. We were just not ourselves after that.

Neither have I been to be fair. That was a killer blow.

Offline gemofabird

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #432 on: April 14, 2024, 04:26:06 pm »
Only World War 3 can stop Arsenal and City now
The media's the most powerful entity on earth. They have the power to make the innocent guilty and to make the guilty innocent, and that's power. Because they control the minds of the masses.

Offline Shankly998

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #433 on: April 14, 2024, 04:26:12 pm »
Alexa play Bob Dylan I threw it all away

Offline Buster Gonad

• Kopite
« Reply #434 on: April 14, 2024, 04:26:29 pm »
Not difficult to pass around training cones.

Both Palace players were given the freedom of the park. It happens all the time now. But defending doesn’t matter so it's all good.

Offline Bankrupt Yankee Leech

• Main Stander
  • My Epic Swindle Failed.
« Reply #435 on: April 14, 2024, 04:27:19 pm »
Darwin is one of the worst finishers I’ve ever seen at this club.

He had one Good season at Benfica and we impulse bought him, despite his abysmal scoring record in previous seasons. Same thing with Diaz, another one season wonder (2021–22) at Porto.

Offline Bread

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #436 on: April 14, 2024, 04:27:44 pm »
Just leaving stadium, pretty bad atmosphere. Most common view expressed was league is gone and team are struggling badly. Season feels like it is over

You'd have to be an incredible optimist to believe that we're still in with a shot at the title after today. Even if Arsenal and City do drop points, it's difficult to back us winning the myriad of away games coming up on current form.

Offline elsewhere

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #437 on: April 14, 2024, 04:29:01 pm »
I'm checking some other sports to keep busy for the remaining of the season.
Wtf are pesapallo, kabaddi and netball? Any of them cool sports?

Offline Fitzy.

• I before E, except in Dalglish. Thumbs down for thumbs up! Premature ejaculator in the post-match whopper circle jerk. Might be the Rupert Pupkin to Neil Atkinson's Jerry Langford. Wants to know who did this, but may never find out.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Indefatigability
« Reply #438 on: April 14, 2024, 04:29:04 pm »
Arsenal lose today and it’s back on, right? RIGHT?!

Offline OkieRedman

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #439 on: April 14, 2024, 04:29:12 pm »
We haven't often got what we've deserved over the last 9 years, but we got what we deserved today which was nothing. You just can't start every game like that and expect to win matches. Title contenders start with authority and show desire from the start, not late in the 2nd half.

Comebacks and late goals are for the odd occasion when you have a bad day, not every game.

Poor at the back, poor in midfield and now poor in front of goal. The lack of composure has hurt the whole team.

The chaos thing has been brilliant to watch but sometimes you just need a cool head.

xG of 2.8. Our general play says we should have scored 3ish goals. Not sure what you are on about. Letting the forwards off the hook. The general play wasn't that bad. We are not going to control matches like City or Arsenal and we are bringing players back to fitness. Palace scored vs City last match. They have good attackers, they are allowed to have good moments. Our attack is terrible. That is the problem. Can't finish sides off when we have them on the ropes. City, United, Arsenal, Luton. All of those should have been 3 points vs 1. We should have had this league won with 3 matches to go, but the forwards lack composure.