Author Topic: PL: Arse vs Liv 3-1 Saka 13 o.g. 45+3’ Martinelli 67’ Trossard 90+2’  (Read 34249 times)

Offline RedG13

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: PL: Arse vs Liv 3-1 Saka 13 o.g. 45+3’ Martinelli 67’ Trossard 90+2’
« Reply #680 on: February 4, 2024, 08:11:58 pm »
Bad Performance. Mistakes that dont normally happen either.
Week off to get some rest and get players healthy and match fit

Offline CS111

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #681 on: February 4, 2024, 08:12:45 pm »
Lets see where we are at at city at home. Things can change v quickly, even discounting today which was always going to be a v tough match with who we had out, being away from home, players coming back not fit, 3 games in 7 days etc.  no excuses but after city hopefully we are still top. Then the fun will really begin.

Offline stockdam

• The sheer loftus-cheek of the man.....
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Walk on through the wind, Walk on through the rain
« Reply #682 on: February 4, 2024, 08:13:07 pm »
We are going to have to beat City now.

Nope…..we just need to get more points than them. It’s not over by a long chalk.
#JFT97

Offline Eeyore

• "I have no problem whatsoever stating that FSG have done a good job.".Mo Money, Mo Problems to invent. Number 1 is Carragher. Number 2 is Carragher. Number 3 is Carragher. Number 4 is Carragher. Likes to play God in his spare time.
  • Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97
« Reply #683 on: February 4, 2024, 08:13:22 pm »
No, he is right.

Trying to win all four spreads us thin for the main trophies. We should focus on the league and rotate in the F.A Cup

The issue though is injuries and unavailability.

We should have had Bradley, Szobozslai, Endo and Salah available today. That is four players with real energy and intensity.
"Ohhh-kayyy"

Offline kasperoff

• Legacy Fan
  • What happened to Sabu?
« Reply #684 on: February 4, 2024, 08:13:42 pm »
Can't moan at a game like that. We deserved to lose, and we did. A couple of very uncharacteristic errors aside, we may have snuck a draw, but we barley laid a finger on them going forward, so was always a tough ask.

Koante red was bullshit. Ref let himself down at the end and lost the plot.
I think the same, can't stand him, but if you could have a £1million pound cheque or steve bruces head hollowed out and filled with pound coins which would you have?

Offline TheMan

• Main Stander
« Reply #685 on: February 4, 2024, 08:15:04 pm »
I'm down after that.

I suppose the desire to not die is stronger than the desire to thrive. But it shouldn't have been that way. We should have been up for it as much as they were.

After the high of the Chelsea game this is a big low.

The right-sided triangle was changed completely after the Chelsea game. Bradley - Szobozlai - Jota  became TAA - Grav - Gakpo. I think the three of them are either not physical/athletic enough or not defensively disciplined enough for a tough away game.

Taylor was frustrating again, he let Arsenal defenders away with the exact same type of challenges that he booked Konate for twice.

The massive party after the game was reminiscent of the Spurs game. I suppose it's a compliment to us that they believed they won a trophy for beating us. Arteta, in particular, behaved like a massive provocative bellend on the sidelines, one of the things he learned from Pep obviously. To his credit though, he won the tactical battle and they are the first team to beat us fair and square this season. He remains an annoying twat though. The over celebrations suggest the team is over-excited and will falter again.

However, by far the thing I am most down about is our performance. We didn't create much, we made silly errors and perhaps only two or three players performed well. I am disappointed that we failed to show up in a big game, that we gifted them goals, but most of all that we didn't create. There are mitigating factors of course such as our injuries/absences and our tougher schedule than Arsenal in recent times.

Overall though I think it's a massive blow after our last month or so of good performances. We now have almost no room for error and I think it may be too much for us even if we do bounce back in the next few games. I am sad.

Offline buttersstotch

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #686 on: February 4, 2024, 08:16:24 pm »
No need to slash our wrists, it was a bad day at the office, and honestly at HT it looked like we might pull off a bank job, but it wasn't to be.

Can't complain about the result and maybe we can use this a wake up that nothing is settled and our good run of form shouldn't be taken for granted. Onwards.

This is the perspective. We were dog first half (Klopp admitted he got his tactics wrong) then before the calamaity between Allison & Virgil, the game was finely balanced. If that mistake happens we're probably saying "this is the sign of champions". We missed some physicality, the ref was letting a lot of tackles go and that harmed us.

Still top of the league- I don't think much changes for us. I think it gives us time to reset in the next block of games before the Cup final. Not sure I buy the narrative it's a game too far for the squad either? Having a big squad, we need game time, there's a real benefit to players playing twice a week. Quite clear we have a number of players who need rhythm.

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #687 on: February 4, 2024, 08:16:43 pm »
Nope…..we just need to get more points than them. It’s not over by a long chalk.

Of course its not, but they are finding their groove again and once/if they take the lead then nobody is chasing them down.

Online Chris~

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #688 on: February 4, 2024, 08:17:27 pm »
Bad day all round made worse by poor errors. 11/12 wins from 15 I think to win it. Going to be tough whilst navigating the other 3 competitions. Really going to need to get lucky with injuries from here or do some heavy rotation into the Fa cup as/or Europa League

Offline Caps4444

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #689 on: February 4, 2024, 08:17:54 pm »
I'm down after that.

I suppose the desire to not die is stronger than the desire to thrive. But it shouldn't have been that way. We should have been up for it as much as they were.

After the high of the Chelsea game this is a big low.

The right-sided triangle was changed completely after the Chelsea game. Bradley - Szobozlai - Jota  became TAA - Grav - Gakpo. I think the three of them are either not physical/athletic enough or not defensively disciplined enough for a tough away game.

Taylor was frustrating again, he let Arsenal defenders away with the exact same type of challenges that he booked Konate for twice.

The massive party after the game was reminiscent of the Spurs game. I suppose it's a compliment to us that they believed they won a trophy for beating us. Arteta, in particular, behaved like a massive provocative bellend on the sidelines, one of the things he learned from Pep obviously. To his credit though, he won the tactical battle and they are the first team to beat us fair and square this season. He remains an annoying twat though. The over celebrations suggest the team is over-excited and will falter again.

However, by far the thing I am most down about is our performance. We didn't create much, we made silly errors and perhaps only two or three players performed well. I am disappointed that we failed to show up in a big game, that we gifted them goals, but most of all that we didn't create. There are mitigating factors of course such as our injuries/absences and our tougher schedule than Arsenal in recent times.

Overall though I think it's a massive blow after our last month or so of good performances. We now have almost no room for error and I think it may be too much for us even if we do bounce back in the next few games. I am sad.

The concern is not having much room for error, which is what this results has done now.  Not throwing the towel, but are we able to be perfect, as City will be.

Offline Fruity

• Batty. Box clever. Can weather all lifts. May in fact be Robbie Rotten.
  • Legacy Fan
  • a fruit is not just for christmas...
« Reply #690 on: February 4, 2024, 08:18:20 pm »
Can't moan at a game like that. We deserved to lose, and we did. A couple of very uncharacteristic errors aside, we may have snuck a draw, but we barley laid a finger on them going forward, so was always a tough ask.

I just hops it doesn't kill our momentum
alf a pound of braeburns!

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #691 on: February 4, 2024, 08:19:18 pm »
Bad day all round made worse by poor errors. 11/12 wins from 15 I think to win it. Going to be tough whilst navigating the other 3 competitions. Really going to need to get lucky with injuries from here or do some heavy rotation into the Fa cup as/or Europa League

Hmm i cant see winning the league if we win less than 13. We need to break 90 points clearly.

Offline Cormack Snr

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #692 on: February 4, 2024, 08:20:09 pm »
Can I tell some of the younger ones on here that in my day we could lose 7-8-9 games a season and still win the league, with City raising the bar we have to be almost perfect these days.
Arsenal are on par with us and in many ways better, this is a new team and can only get better. For me Jones, Grav, Elliot and even Gomez are not top notch and Nunez is not the type to win you games.
We have only really lost one game not counting the Spurs game and overall we are doing really well..

Online Nick110581

• Up the tricky reds
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hearts Jurgen
« Reply #693 on: February 4, 2024, 08:20:49 pm »

We need 12 wins and that includes beating City.
No, jazz. You fear jazz. You fear the lack of rules, the lack of boundaries. Oh look, it's a fence. But, no, it's soft.

Offline Keith Lard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #694 on: February 4, 2024, 08:22:12 pm »
We were shit today. Hey ho, can’t win ‘em all.
Pour yourself a drink and enjoy watching a genius in red - John Barnes || https://youtu.be/XEJfzUSH4e4

Offline newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #695 on: February 4, 2024, 08:23:43 pm »
Can I tell some of the younger ones on here that in my day we could lose 7-8-9 games a season and still win the league, with City raising the bar we have to be almost perfect these days.
Arsenal are on par with us and in many ways better, this is a new team and can only get better. For me Jones, Grav, Elliot and even Gomez are not top notch and Nunez is not the type to win you games.
We have only really lost one game not counting the Spurs game and overall we are doing really well..

Stop posting. You are annoying as shit. 

Offline markedasred

• Knowing me, Knowing you... ahaaa!!! Resident Large Canine.
  • Legacy Fan
  • No Murdoch in our house
« Reply #696 on: February 4, 2024, 08:24:13 pm »
I would say we were just over the tipping point of unavailable players, for a game that counts as top three hardest of the season, so bad luck with timing; Thiago & Mo a couple of weeks earlier might have returned to some degree of sublime again, Conor would have been a Wizard if not for his awful loss, the game plan got altered two days ago.
"For those of you watching in black and white, Liverpool are the team with the ball"

Offline Caps4444

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #697 on: February 4, 2024, 08:25:17 pm »
We need 12 wins and that includes beating City.

That means that gives us 88 points, City can get 92 max if we beat them. So they would need to drop points in 2 games to match 88.

Very little room for error for us.

Online TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #698 on: February 4, 2024, 08:25:57 pm »
The issue though is injuries and unavailability.

We should have had Bradley, Szobozslai, Endo and Salah available today. That is four players with real energy and intensity.
We did miss Bradley. We’ve got a real star there. 
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline Kenny's Jacket

• Kenny's Vegan Jacket Potato. Talks more sense than me.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #699 on: February 4, 2024, 08:26:38 pm »

Curtis Jones will be a top player one day
As I've said before, the Full English is just the base upon which the Scots/Welsh/NI have improved upon. Sorry but the Full English is the worst of the British breakfasts.

Offline TipTopKop

• Legacy Fan
  • Call Meeeeeee The Splund
« Reply #700 on: February 4, 2024, 08:26:47 pm »
Fuck. Somebody get me a bandage. I'm bleeding out.

:D
Not believing a word of that.

You've seen the Commanderskins in action. You'll survive anything.

Offline WestieRed

• Main Stander
  • BELIEVER
« Reply #701 on: February 4, 2024, 08:28:31 pm »
I still think we’ll win the league!

Good night or good day!

Online Nick110581

• Up the tricky reds
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hearts Jurgen
« Reply #702 on: February 4, 2024, 08:29:07 pm »
Curtis Jones will be a top player one day

Don’t reply to posters like that.

Jones and Gomez have been immense for us for weeks.
No, jazz. You fear jazz. You fear the lack of rules, the lack of boundaries. Oh look, it's a fence. But, no, it's soft.

Offline 1892tillforever

• "Just call me................daddy.............!"
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Either the curtains go or I do
« Reply #703 on: February 4, 2024, 08:29:43 pm »
Burnley and Luton at home, Brentford and Forest away. 12/12 then put it all in against the cheats. Let's do it.

Offline duvva 💅

• lippa RAWK Diivva, broke Kenny's sky
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • LFC Quiz Rivals Most Hated
« Reply #704 on: February 4, 2024, 08:31:10 pm »
You should also remember then that all of those great teams had players who weren’t top notch either. When you end up having to change an entire side of the team a performance like this is understandable (but still frustrating). All of those you name are good enough for us
"If you don't limit yourself with bad thoughts, you can fly" - Jurgen Klopp

Offline Kenny's Jacket

• Kenny's Vegan Jacket Potato. Talks more sense than me.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #705 on: February 4, 2024, 08:31:57 pm »
Don’t reply to posters like that.

Jones and Gomez have been immense for us for weeks.

Gomez has been great this season, but I think Jones could be something special in a few years
As I've said before, the Full English is just the base upon which the Scots/Welsh/NI have improved upon. Sorry but the Full English is the worst of the British breakfasts.

Offline Fruity

• Batty. Box clever. Can weather all lifts. May in fact be Robbie Rotten.
  • Legacy Fan
  • a fruit is not just for christmas...
« Reply #706 on: February 4, 2024, 08:32:12 pm »
We did miss Bradley. We’ve got a real star there. 

100% he has been like a revelation. 3 assists and a goal and endless running up and down the wing. Hard to know how he would have done today but we look far more threatening with someone offering that on the wing.

And whilst I think Gomez has been fantastic on the left I feel we need Robertson back doing that for us as well. Far too often we stop and cut back.
alf a pound of braeburns!

Offline Cormack Snr

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #707 on: February 4, 2024, 08:33:50 pm »
Stop posting. You are annoying as shit. 

We all have an opinion.. Watching The Reds since the 60's in thousands of games entitles me to mine..

Online Nick110581

• Up the tricky reds
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hearts Jurgen
« Reply #708 on: February 4, 2024, 08:34:22 pm »
That means that gives us 88 points, City can get 92 max if we beat them. So they would need to drop points in 2 games to match 88.

Very little room for error for us.

It’s what you have to do to win the title.

We probably need 90 plus.

Offline Lynndenberries

• Not iste bjφrksmak
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Sun don't shine in the shade
« Reply #709 on: February 4, 2024, 08:34:36 pm »
You should also remember then that all of those great teams had players who weren’t top notch either. When you end up having to change an entire side of the team a performance like this is understandable (but still frustrating). All of those you name are good enough for us
Yup. We needed intensity today from our players and the drop off from Nunez/Dom to Gakpo/Gravenberch is pretty substantial.
I love mankind; it's people I can't stand.

Offline TheMan

• Main Stander
« Reply #710 on: February 4, 2024, 08:34:41 pm »
Burnley and Luton at home, Brentford and Forest away. 12/12 then put it all in against the cheats. Let's do it.

We win those five and have a chance again. It sounds doable on paper but all it takes is one hiccup and we are in serious bother.

Offline newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #711 on: February 4, 2024, 08:35:46 pm »
I've decided that I hate Mikel Arteta more than any manager in the league. Utter utter utter douche bag.

Offline BCCC

• Or B square
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Blessed are the Cheesemakers
« Reply #712 on: February 4, 2024, 08:38:19 pm »
Probably the kick up the backside we needed to focus on the run in which contrary to popular belief around the Emirates where they believe the title was all but won today, doesn't start until mid March.
« Last Edit: February 4, 2024, 08:40:12 pm by BCCC »
*****LFC Purveyors of fine football tradition since 1892*****

Online Nick110581

• Up the tricky reds
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hearts Jurgen
« Reply #713 on: February 4, 2024, 08:38:33 pm »
We win those five and have a chance again. It sounds doable on paper but all it takes is one hiccup and we are in serious bother.

What’s the most wins in a row for any side this season in the League?

Online Ratboy3G

• Sworn enemy of Mousegirl5G
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #714 on: February 4, 2024, 08:39:16 pm »
That was a negative and right now I need two positives, one to cancel out the negative and another one so I can have a positive.
I am a man of few words.....any questions?

Offline Saus76

• Complete and utter embarrassment
  • Anny Roader
« Reply #715 on: February 4, 2024, 08:39:56 pm »
Still top of the league. Only second loss of the season. Smash Burnley at the weekend and everything is rosey again. We have far exceeded my expectations for this season already. We are in a fantastic position on all fronts with keys players coming back. Perspective please.

Offline BlackandWhitePaul

• Principled Newcastle fan- who gave up following his team rather than support Saudi takeover
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #716 on: February 4, 2024, 08:42:15 pm »
We all have an opinion.. Watching The Reds since the 60's in thousands of games entitles me to mine..
It certainly does and I hope you never stop,   :thumbup

Offline Avens

• Look around you! Clearly knows his Gary Gum from his Anti-Gary Gum.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #717 on: February 4, 2024, 08:42:47 pm »

Evidently, you decided to skip the last couple of months of games though.
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now. - Jurgen Klopp

Offline jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jόrgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #718 on: February 4, 2024, 08:43:49 pm »
I've decided that I hate Mikel Arteta more than any manager in the league. Utter utter utter douche bag.

More than Guardiola? How weird.
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline BCCC

• Or B square
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Blessed are the Cheesemakers
« Reply #719 on: February 4, 2024, 08:45:10 pm »
Nice to see Thiago back, a great option when he's back up to speed.
*****LFC Purveyors of fine football tradition since 1892*****