Author Topic: Just a separate Mbappe thread, until he retires, is all I ask  (Read 21326 times)

Offline Zlen

• Suspicious of systems. But getting lots.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Just a separate Mbappe thread, until he retires, is all I ask
« Reply #320 on: February 20, 2024, 12:33:42 pm »
Only dream that ended here was one of Real coming for the mutant from City.
Well, they still might, who knows.

Offline PhiLFC#1

• The Messiah! He rawks amongst us
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #321 on: February 20, 2024, 12:57:09 pm »
Mbappe 2030?

Offline A-Bomb

• Garlic Butter Coming. Isn’t as good as Divock Origi. Can we sell him?
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #322 on: February 20, 2024, 01:07:07 pm »
Damn - where were Nike and their gazillions?  :P

Offline FlashGordon

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RAWK Cheltenham 2021 Champion Tipster*
« Reply #323 on: February 20, 2024, 01:11:44 pm »
We could have actually afforded to do that.
So bloody what? If you watch football to be absolutely miserable then go watch cricket.

Offline GinKop

• He's going to run to you (ooh-oooh). Knows a techtard when he sees one
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • FORZA MILANO
« Reply #324 on: February 20, 2024, 01:12:05 pm »
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/68346321

dreams over

What?! Don't they know his ma supports Liverpool!

Fuming!
JFT97

Offline Draex

• Geek God of Typing Letters. Hugo unleashes Jaws? Purveyor of fuel products in Kent.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #325 on: February 20, 2024, 01:13:46 pm »
We could have actually afforded to do that.

I'm surprised he's earning half Bellingham is, works out at around £240k a week or something?

Offline MonsLibpool

• Glass always half empty.......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #326 on: February 20, 2024, 01:15:45 pm »
I'm surprised he's earning half Bellingham is, works out at around £240k a week or something?
I think it's before his loyalty bonus.

Individual players are overrated in a team game. The Galacticos win nothing in 4 years and we won the CL in that time. Let's find a new manager first and continue improving our team.

Offline A-Bomb

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #327 on: February 20, 2024, 01:16:16 pm »

+ another £576k a week from his signing on bonus taking his weekly salary to 3 quarters of a million quid.

Offline Vegeta

• Is definitely a vegetable. All posts stink like sprouts.
  • Anny Roader
« Reply #328 on: February 20, 2024, 01:19:32 pm »
I heard they want Alphonso Davies, building another Galactico, an all-out offensive team. Cannot wait to see this in action. Endrick is coming next summer as well, and you still have Rodrygo, Vinícius Júnior, and all those amazing midfielders, plus Mbappé and Bellingham  :lickin
150 IQ never wrong.

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #329 on: February 20, 2024, 01:21:51 pm »
Delighted he has gone there. The Echo will be scrambling around now trying to find a player to link us to for years to keep the clicks.

Offline DelTrotter

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #330 on: February 20, 2024, 01:23:34 pm »
No love for them but glad they are getting strong again, the CL is better when others around Europe are strong and theres something special about trying to beat great European teams even if it ends badly often, as it is the CL feels like a bye for an English team and when that's not us it's not nice.

Offline Nobby Reserve

• Onanistic Charades Champion Of Roundabouts. Euphemistic Gerbil Starver.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Do you wanna build a snowman?
« Reply #331 on: February 20, 2024, 01:29:52 pm »
I heard they want Alphonso Davies, building another Galactico, an all-out offensive team. Cannot wait to see this in action. Endrick is coming next summer as well, and you still have Rodrygo, Vinícius Júnior, and all those amazing midfielders, plus Mbappé and Bellingham  :lickin

You're a Liverpool fan?

:-\

A Tory, a worker and an immigrant are sat round a table. There's a plate of 10 biscuits in the middle. The Tory takes 9 then turns to the worker and says "that immigrant is trying to steal your biscuit"

Offline Nobby Reserve

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #332 on: February 20, 2024, 01:30:29 pm »
Nike are going to be well chuffed with him wearing a load of Adidas stuff

A Tory, a worker and an immigrant are sat round a table. There's a plate of 10 biscuits in the middle. The Tory takes 9 then turns to the worker and says "that immigrant is trying to steal your biscuit"

Online Coolie High

• bury Regular. My opinions are facts, FYI. (whisper it but doesn't understand midfielders)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #333 on: February 20, 2024, 01:35:39 pm »
Delighted he has gone there. The Echo will be scrambling around now trying to find a player to link us to for years to keep the clicks.

Why would you be delighted? Madrid are going on another 3 in a row CL run, it’s annoying.

Offline A-Bomb

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #334 on: February 20, 2024, 01:37:51 pm »
Why would you be delighted? Madrid are going on another 3 in a row CL run, it’s annoying.

They still need a defense. Their famous galactico era of the early noughties were mostly all sparkle (names) and little substance (titles)

Online Coolie High

• bury Regular. My opinions are facts, FYI. (whisper it but doesn't understand midfielders)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #335 on: February 20, 2024, 01:39:06 pm »
I think it's before his loyalty bonus.

Individual players are overrated in a team game. The Galacticos win nothing in 4 years and we won the CL in that time. Let's find a new manager first and continue improving our team.

This is so untrue, you have the rare example where it applies but most of the times the teams with the best players win the most trophies, this is exactly why Madrid have won the most CLs in the last 7 years and have us beat us in two finals despite us having a better team and manager.

Also the original Galaticos won a CL in 02-03.

Offline jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #336 on: February 20, 2024, 01:40:56 pm »
Glad it's all over. It's so predictable really frustrated me the way he used this club with no intention of coming here.
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline tubby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Destroyed Cowboy
« Reply #337 on: February 20, 2024, 01:41:45 pm »
Glad it's all over. It's so predictable really frustrated me the way he used this club with no intention of coming here.

How did he use the club?
Sit down, shock is better taken with bent knees.

Online Coolie High

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #338 on: February 20, 2024, 01:42:32 pm »
They still need a defense. Their famous galactico era of the early noughties were mostly all sparkle (names) and little substance (titles)

They won a CL and La Liga double in 02-03, they were then competing against a team that would soon contain Ronaldinho, Deco, Eto’o, Xavi, Puyol, Edmilson and so on.

The teams with the biggest names and best players normally win the big trophies, this is why we have come up against a Madrid team who many consider a worse team with a lesser manager than ours and lost both times.

Offline jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #339 on: February 20, 2024, 01:43:45 pm »
How did he use the club?

The unending mentions of us whenever his future was being discussed. Used by numerous journalists here and in France, I'm guessing would have come from his own team.
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #340 on: February 20, 2024, 01:45:18 pm »

Because i hated the Mbappe to Liverpool talk, so delusional. Also its not City he has joined or anyone in this league.

Offline Draex

• Geek God of Typing Letters. Hugo unleashes Jaws? Purveyor of fuel products in Kent.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #341 on: February 20, 2024, 01:45:45 pm »
+ another £576k a week from his signing on bonus taking his weekly salary to 3 quarters of a million quid.

I always assumed he'd get that + a higher salary as they aren't paying a transfer fee.

Offline A-Bomb

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #342 on: February 20, 2024, 01:45:59 pm »
They won a CL and La Liga double in 02-03, they were then competing against a team that would soon contain Ronaldinho, Deco, Eto’o, Xavi, Puyol, Edmilson and so on.

The teams with the biggest names and best players normally win the big trophies, this is why we have come up against a Madrid team who many consider a worse team with a lesser manager than ours and lost both times.

The Barcelona team didn't really come about until 2004 onwards - so their galactico era from 2000 to 2004 was as i commented mostly sparkly and little substance. Certainly not at the levels the more recent Madrid teams have delivered.

Online Coolie High

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #343 on: February 20, 2024, 01:46:27 pm »
Bellingham Mbappe Vin Jr Endrick is completely unfair, plus Camavinga, Tchouameni, Valverde.

Offline AndyMuller

• Has always wondered how to do it. Rice, Rice, Baby. Wants to have George Michael. Would batter A@A at karate.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #344 on: February 20, 2024, 01:47:39 pm »
He is a tit.

Online Coolie High

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #345 on: February 20, 2024, 01:48:53 pm »
The Barcelona team didn't really come about until 2004 onwards - so their galactico era from 2000 to 2004 was as i commented mostly sparkly and little substance. Certainly not at the levels the more recent Madrid teams have delivered.

1 CL and 1 La Liga isn’t bad though, they weren’t a complete failure. And the recent era is just as much of a Galaticos team also, Ronaldo , Modric, Benzema, Kroos, Bale, Ramos, Marcelo, they won because they had all the best players including 3 Ballon d’or winners.

Offline Nobby Reserve

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #346 on: February 20, 2024, 01:54:20 pm »
I always assumed he'd get that + a higher salary as they aren't paying a transfer fee.

Exactly.

*If* the published figures are trues, then it's an oddly small contract (which is why I think there's more to it)

We were prepared to pay £110m transfer fee for Caicedo.

The £128m signing on payment is in lieu of a transfer fee. And £250k/week is well within our wage structure.

We could have done it - but I don't think we wanted to, and I'm happy with that. Bit of a bellend and the media would be typical arseholes for all the time he was here. If Mo was leaving this summer (hope he doesn't) and Mbappe played on the right, then there's a big case to be made, but I'm most arsed that RM now won't sign the odd-looking cyborg chap (but even that doesn't bother me as much, because I don't think he makes the sportwashing cheats that much better all-round)

Offline tonysleft

• Legacy Fan
  • A manc
« Reply #347 on: February 20, 2024, 02:34:04 pm »

Exactly.

*If* the published figures are trues, then it's an oddly small contract (which is why I think there's more to it)

We were prepared to pay £110m transfer fee for Caicedo.

The £128m signing on payment is in lieu of a transfer fee. And £250k/week is well within our wage structure.

We could have done it - but I don't think we wanted to, and I'm happy with that. Bit of a bellend and the media would be typical arseholes for all the time he was here. If Mo was leaving this summer (hope he doesn't) and Mbappe played on the right, then there's a big case to be made, but I'm most arsed that RM now won't sign the odd-looking cyborg chap (but even that doesn't bother me as much, because I don't think he makes the sportwashing cheats that much better all-round)
Based on nothing I assume Nike/Adidas/whoever have a huge interest in this transfer happening too and have footed part of his wage drop on behalf of Madrid.
Great chiefs and great loves in obliterated light

Offline Sheer Magnetism

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #348 on: February 20, 2024, 02:38:22 pm »
Did you really fancy paying a £128 million signing on bonus though?

Offline RJH

• doesn't know his alphabet
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #349 on: February 20, 2024, 02:45:32 pm »
No love for them but glad they are getting strong again, the CL is better when others around Europe are strong and theres something special about trying to beat great European teams even if it ends badly often, as it is the CL feels like a bye for an English team and when that's not us it's not nice.

Absolutely right.

After such a long time in the doldrums, great to finally see the 21/22 La Liga and European Cup winners on the rise again.
That single season where they won the domestic cup, came second in the league and made the semi-finals of the CL was a real dark period.

Offline Vegeta

• Anny Roader
« Reply #350 on: February 20, 2024, 02:45:53 pm »

You're a Liverpool fan?

:-\
Yeah, I am. It’s not like they play in the same league as us. You can’t help but be impressed by this ridiculous team they are building! Super teams are always fascinating in sport. Plus, they are not some oil club, and Madrid have actually been very smart in their transfers: Vinícius, Rodrygo, and Valverde, these signings were excellent scouting and now look like bargains."
150 IQ never wrong.

Offline MonsLibpool

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #351 on: February 20, 2024, 02:46:13 pm »
This is so untrue, you have the rare example where it applies but most of the times the teams with the best players win the most trophies, this is exactly why Madrid have won the most CLs in the last 7 years and have us beat us in two finals despite us having a better team and manager.

Also the original Galaticos won a CL in 02-03.
Look at PSG with Messi, Neymar and Mbappe. Liverpool is a team that's greater than the sum of its parts.

Abu Dhabi had a very deep squad and they struggled to win the CL. Real Madrid are only relevant to us in the CL. I'm just saying that people should not make the easy assumption that they'll just turn up and win.

Offline MonsLibpool

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #352 on: February 20, 2024, 02:48:34 pm »
1 CL and 1 La Liga isn’t bad though, they weren’t a complete failure. And the recent era is just as much of a Galaticos team also, Ronaldo , Modric, Benzema, Kroos, Bale, Ramos, Marcelo, they won because they had all the best players including 3 Ballon d’or winners.
A team like the original Galaticos should not be going 4 years without a trophy, no?

Offline Nobby Reserve

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #353 on: February 20, 2024, 02:51:41 pm »
Did you really fancy paying a £128 million signing on bonus though?

Put it another way: Would you be happy if Liverpool had paid a £128m transfer fee for him, plus £250k/week?

That sounds like a bargain (relative to other transfers/wages for a lot of players)

Offline Vegeta

• Anny Roader
« Reply #354 on: February 20, 2024, 02:52:01 pm »
"They won 5 Champions League titles in 8 years. In the end, whatever they do usually works. It’s hardly rocket science to say they are going to win a shitload more. I can’t remember the Champions League being so weak.
« Last Edit: February 20, 2024, 02:57:06 pm by Vegeta »
150 IQ never wrong.

Online Coolie High

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #355 on: February 20, 2024, 02:53:28 pm »
A team like the original Galaticos should not be going 4 years without a trophy, no?

They shouldn’t but worth remembering they had those players when they were all going into their thirties, Ronaldo Zidane Figo were all in their late 20’s early thirties by the time they played together, their best was behind them.

They’ve learnt from that, this group has a different composition, you’re dealing with prodigious talents who are in their early-mid twenties but already some of the best players in the world.

Offline Draex

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #356 on: February 20, 2024, 02:54:37 pm »
Yeah, I am. It’s not like they play in the same league as us. You can’t help but be impressed by this ridiculous team they are building! Super teams are always fascinating in sport. Plus, they are not some oil club, and Madrid have actually been very smart in their transfers: Vinícius, Rodrygo, and Valverde, these signings were excellent scouting and now look like bargains."

No they are just part funded by the King of Spain (their last galactico spending spree was funded by them selling their training ground to the king who then gifted it back to them) and also have distorted the league revenues to heavily favour them and Barca.

Paying £40mil + for 18/19 year olds isn't being smart its having silly amounts of money to be able to take that risk.

Online Coolie High

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #357 on: February 20, 2024, 02:54:57 pm »
Look at PSG with Messi, Neymar and Mbappe. Liverpool is a team that's greater than the sum of its parts.

Abu Dhabi had a very deep squad and they struggled to win the CL. Real Madrid are only relevant to us in the CL. I'm just saying that people should not make the easy assumption that they'll just turn up and win.

You don’t need to look at PSG when you can just look at Madrid with Ronaldo Benzema Modric Kroos, or Barcelona with Neymar Suarez Messi, PSG are the rare example of having the best players not leading to the big honours.

Online Coolie High

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #358 on: February 20, 2024, 02:55:24 pm »
No they are just part funded by the King of Spain (their last galactico spending spree was funded by them selling their training ground to the king who then gifted it back to them) and also have distorted the league revenues to heavily favour them and Barca.

Paying £40mil + for 18/19 year olds isn't being smart its having silly amounts of money to be able to take that risk.

Why isn’t it smart?

Offline Vegeta

• Anny Roader
« Reply #359 on: February 20, 2024, 03:00:00 pm »
Yeah, I don’t understand that. They were excellent talents who Madrid thought their value would only grow. Likewise, Valverde, another wonder kid, signed for 5 million years ago. I would be delighted if we had some similar deals in the future.

Honestly, even Bellingham is looking like a bargain now in today's market for a generational talent. Madrid have actually been very clever in building this team, in contrast to Barcelona just wasting money.

I don’t get the outrage of their spending. It’s not like Chelsea, after all. Excellent transfers and scouting, and they have signed some top young talent at what is the current market rate.
« Last Edit: February 20, 2024, 03:10:39 pm by Vegeta »
150 IQ never wrong.