Author Topic: PL: Liv 4 vs 2 New Mo 49’ 86Isak 54’ Jones 74’ Gakpo 78’ Botman 81’  (Read 25809 times)

Offline QC

• rawks Lionel Hutz, ambulance chaser.Sucks up to the wrong type of Mod.
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: PL: Liv 4 vs 2 New Mo 49’ 86Isak 54’ Jones 74’ Gakpo 78’ Botman 81’
« Reply #400 on: January 1, 2024, 10:12:09 pm »
Long term view is that Anthony Taylor’s failure to give red card means Newcastle have more of their starting 11 vs City

Offline darragh85

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #401 on: January 1, 2024, 10:12:16 pm »

Just setting narratives. But it's a shame i've got to watch a great performance and match like that with the sound down because of that gobshite.

I don't pay for Sky anyway, they wouldn't get a penny off me, but Liverpool fans drive a lot of their ratings and subscriptions and all they do is gaslight us. Keys and Gray were bad enough and Martin Tyler, but this fella is something else now. And his lapdog Carragher can fuck off as well the bluenose prick.

Nail on the head re sky. I feel.like a lot of reds don't subscribe anymore. Best way to answer the counts. To have that biased rat on all our games is a total pisstake

Offline Clint Eastwood

• The man with no name
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #402 on: January 1, 2024, 10:12:42 pm »
Crazy game really.

It's time to take Darwin out of the first 11. His ability to get chances means nothing if he's not scoring them. As fun as he can sometimes be to watch, it's not fun watching him fire straight at the keeper for the fourth time in a game. We've unexpectedly found ourselves top of the league at new year, and there's a big opportunity here. I don't think we can afford to be patient with him starting every game as the focus of our attack hoping that he will finally start scoring. We need to be able to end games like that in the first half and that means taking our chances. Gakpo came on and scored with his only chance. Jota was everything you could possibly want from a CF in this side.

Offline SerbianScouser

• Far from world class.
  • Legacy Fan
  • ...All the best
« Reply #403 on: January 1, 2024, 10:12:46 pm »
You could see Darwin's importance when it comes to defending corners with Jota replacing him. Virgil and Ibou can't do it all alone.

Offline Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
  • Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to
« Reply #404 on: January 1, 2024, 10:12:54 pm »
Taylor makes us lose our cool. He had Klopp up the fucking wall today with his decisions.

He gives us the odd big decision but gives all the little ones against us, so if anyone questions him it's "but he gave you a pen".

Despite the way he reffed that game we absolutely battered them so it was futile, but a tight game comes along and we're fucked with these refs.
Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season

Offline RyanBabel19

• Embarrassing.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #405 on: January 1, 2024, 10:13:22 pm »
For all the talk about the pen on Jota, we got it rammed down our throats after the Spurs game his first yellow was justified… remember when he barely touch Udogie who took another step, clipped his own foot and hit the deck

Offline DarkOfTheManatee

• Anny Roader
« Reply #406 on: January 1, 2024, 10:13:31 pm »
Will need to see a replay for the Jota penalty again, because despite Neville saying it was a dive about a dozen times (and probably becoming the main pundit takeaway from the match), it seems so unlikely he would choose to do that rather than put the ball into the empty net. Especially with Taylor as referee, so the chance of a penalty was by no means assured...

Online Bread

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #407 on: January 1, 2024, 10:13:39 pm »
Quick word on Gary Neville; his commentary is normally bad, but this is the worst I've ever heard. Absolute joke from start to finish, and I wish he'd stop commentating on Liverpool matches. Literally like listening to the biased, blinkered Manc fan down the pub who can't hide his disdain for our club.

Another word for Anthony Taylor, who decided he wanted a slice of the drama today. Diaz booked for dissent (which looked minimal), Trent booked for kicking the ball away (about 5 yards) and Joelinton not booked for cynically fouling Szobo during a promising counter attack, who would then do the same on Konate in the 2nd half. Gordon given free kicks for every dive he committed, and Liverpool not receiving free kicks when getting ragdolled around. Atrocious stuff.

Those are my 2 main frustrations; 2 men who aren't affiliated with our club in any way working their absolute hardest to make our enjoyment of the game as minimal as possible. Wish Sky and PGMOL would both get in the bin.

Offline Clint Eastwood

• The man with no name
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #408 on: January 1, 2024, 10:13:40 pm »
An entertaining and slightly chaotic game in what must have been horrendously difficult conditions. We often talk about goalies playing a worldie against us, but this time Dubravka genuinely did. We'd have won by a few clear goals if it wasn't for him.
It felt like every shot was straight at him, including the penalty.

Offline proudred

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #409 on: January 1, 2024, 10:13:41 pm »
Jota his presence of mind to pass to curtis for the goal is great.
I am soo happy for diaz seems like he is finding his form so happy for him.

Offline Gili Gulu

• Looking forward to seeing the Golden Sky
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #410 on: January 1, 2024, 10:13:56 pm »
Long term view is that Anthony Taylor’s failure to give red card means Newcastle have more of their starting 11 vs City

City will put 10 past them if Newcastle play like that, and they'll be down to ten men with 4 or 5 on yellow cards after 25 minutes.
Gili Gulu. (嘰哩咕嚕) means saying something no-one understands but yourself; a little rambling or a silly language between friends

Offline Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #411 on: January 1, 2024, 10:14:29 pm »
he'll be desperate for City to win 4 in a row

If Arsenal hadn't lost the last 2 he wouldn't have been quite as blatant today. Another bad defeat for his vanity project at Salford today as well probably put him in mood - sacked another manager last week.

Offline Judge Red

• Kopite
« Reply #412 on: January 1, 2024, 10:14:45 pm »
Mad one. Shout outs for Curtis, Joe and Trent. Thought they were excellent.

Felt sorry for Darwin as his industry deserved a goal. Was unlucky with some efforts but did so much to wear them down. The cavalry came on and mo put his new boots on and he was unstoppable.

Moment of the match for me wasn’t even a goal but fuck me, that shot from an impossible angle by Trent was something else.

Ref was a bell.

Offline red1977

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #413 on: January 1, 2024, 10:15:34 pm »
He scored in the last game.. And while he was on the pitch tonight he caused all sorts of problems for Newcastle..

Ok, he didn't score and missed a one on one with the keeper.. but there was plenty there to see and know that he had a good game..

He was great in the build up to Salahs goal, watch the little flick to get the move going near the half way line, then peels off to the left where the space is to recieve the pass and then had the composure to give it to Salah rather than shoot when he didnt have the angle.

Offline 12C

• aka 54F
  • Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • “The Ribbons are Red”
« Reply #414 on: January 1, 2024, 10:15:38 pm »
Curtis Jones was outstanding tonight. The sly comms will rave about Salah and tell us how we will miss him, but that lad was immense. He rose above their gobshites with class. His leading of the press was fantastic.
Even a lifetime best ever performance from Dubravka wasn’t enough.
Thought we battled well in the conditions. 
Eddie Howe is a prick though, him and his Turkey teeth mate. Shower of nightly bastards lucky to keep 11 on the pitch, but you heard Neville during the VAR of the first pen.
All about not spoiling “the spectacle”.
Longstaffe should have walked as should the guy who fouled Diaz for the pen.  Joelinton is a bull in a China shop.
Was made me laugh was the way he tried to drag Ibou back after he played the pass forward that resulted in us scoring. Taylor waved away Joe Linton’s protests, and didn’t “see” what he did. Schaar was falling over like a drunken tramp on meths. Every touch from a Liverpool player was rewarded.
Mo got dragged to fuck by that donkey Burn and Taylor gave him fuck all except a yellow card. That was a dreadful refereeing performance.
Utter shite
"I want to build a team that's invincible, so that they have to send a team from bloody Mars to beat us."

Offline robertobaggio37

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • But we will conquer the ball, each fucking time.
« Reply #415 on: January 1, 2024, 10:15:42 pm »
Said it before but Isak looks tailor made for us, shame he went there.

With that said, 3 points is all that mattere. Glad it wasn’t “one of those nights”

Jones was great tonight, so was Diaz and Gomez.
The biggest problem anywhere in the world is that people's perceptions of reality are filtered through the screening mesh of what they want, and do not want, to be true.

Online Dim Glas

• Die Nullfόnfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Michael Sheen is the actual Prince of 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
« Reply #416 on: January 1, 2024, 10:15:48 pm »

Offline Ste08

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #417 on: January 1, 2024, 10:16:19 pm »
That was probably our best showing of the season. We should have scored 10 today. Hopefully rest of the attackers are saving the goals for whilst Salah is away.

Offline StevoHimself

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #418 on: January 1, 2024, 10:16:42 pm »
I mean, it's probably lost in the wreckage of that game, but I can't really remember a save that was that great, the Nunez one when he was put through in the second half, but that was straight at or just over his head. Our finishing was not very good, missed a pen, Gakpo was a little lucky with his finish. Two great goals where we walked it in, and a final penalty.

Correct. He had a decent game but nothing spectacular.

Offline 12C

• aka 54F
  • Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • “The Ribbons are Red”
« Reply #419 on: January 1, 2024, 10:17:18 pm »
Jota his presence of mind to pass to curtis for the goal is great.
I am soo happy for diaz seems like he is finding his form so happy for him.

He has looked like he was dribbling on an oller full of bricks, tonight he got stuck in.
Fuck me he got a hammering from their thugs
"I want to build a team that's invincible, so that they have to send a team from bloody Mars to beat us."

Offline darragh85

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #420 on: January 1, 2024, 10:17:22 pm »
Curtis Jones Is class. Seems to have finally gone up a level now. Stronger on the ball and doing things faster.

Offline TipTopKop

• Legacy Fan
  • Call Meeeeeee The Splund
« Reply #421 on: January 1, 2024, 10:17:33 pm »
I thought Nunez was good again. Very nice assist.
Had some good finishes but it wouldnt go in.
Finishing is still an issue.

Can't criticise his commitment or his assists, but he leaves a lot of goals on the table.

If he can just work on that part of his game, he'd be immense.

Offline Nick110581

• Up the tricky reds
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hearts Jurgen
« Reply #422 on: January 1, 2024, 10:17:39 pm »
Jones was class.
No, jazz. You fear jazz. You fear the lack of rules, the lack of boundaries. Oh look, it's a fence. But, no, it's soft.

Offline jepovic

• Only interested in the "prestigious" games, so won't be celebrating anything less.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Meh sd f
« Reply #423 on: January 1, 2024, 10:17:50 pm »
If we wanna talk big mIsses, why doesnt anyone mentioning Trent sending it to the stands when he had an open goal?
Again

Offline 12C

• aka 54F
  • Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • “The Ribbons are Red”
« Reply #424 on: January 1, 2024, 10:18:18 pm »
Finishing is still an issue.

Can't criticise his commitment or his assists, but he leaves a lot of goals on the table.

If he can just work on that part of his game, he'd be immense.

I remember Suarez being the same. Hit the woodwork regularly. And then…

Online Father Ted

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #425 on: January 1, 2024, 10:18:27 pm »
A more clinical Liverpool puts that game to bed in the first half and sees out an uneventful second half. Although that possibly wouldn't have been as much fun and entertainment, I do miss the 19/20 era when we could do that type of thing with ease. This side isn't there yet though, so I guess we have to be grateful for the position we're in so early in the rebuild. Despite the missed chance we played really well, seeing Diaz looking more like himself was encouraging.

Deserved winners obviously - them even getting two goals was freakish on the balance of play.

Offline Fromola

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #426 on: January 1, 2024, 10:19:02 pm »
Didn’t celebrate any of our non pen goals, thought they were possibly all offside. Good old modern football.

Hideous invention is VAR. More anti-football than Mourinho or Howe could ever dream of being.

Offline darragh85

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #427 on: January 1, 2024, 10:19:14 pm »
If we wanna talk big mIsses, why doesnt anyone mentioning Trent sending it to the stands when he had an open goal?
Again

I'd rather talk about that outrageous Roberto carlos-esque effort he smashed off the post.meant it too.

Offline Peabee

• SKPB! Is goin' down der Asd.....der Waitrose.....anyone wannany hummus?
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #428 on: January 1, 2024, 10:19:18 pm »
Great to win that despite Taylor’s abysmal officiating.
We aren't walking through the storm now - we are the storm.

Offline jepovic

• Only interested in the "prestigious" games, so won't be celebrating anything less.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Meh sd f
« Reply #429 on: January 1, 2024, 10:19:19 pm »
Said it before but Isak looks tailor made for us, shame he went there.

With that said, 3 points is all that mattere. Glad it wasn’t “one of those nights”

Jones was great tonight, so was Diaz and Gomez.
I like Isak, but I would never trade him for Nunez

Offline WorldChampions

• Charlie uniform november tango fan...
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #430 on: January 1, 2024, 10:19:24 pm »
Don’t understand that, if he could have stayed on his feet then surely he would have tapped it in for a goal? If it’s a pen he knows he isn’t taking it. It looked like an easy tap in for him when he went round the keeper, so can only presume that the clip on his leg was worse than what it looked.

Scoreline flattered Newcastle, should have easily had 6 tonight.

Good 3 points and top of the league  ;D

Exactly, just took the true snide option. Go down and watch the fume.

Offline Redley

• Legacy Fan
  • Turned doubters to believers
« Reply #431 on: January 1, 2024, 10:19:40 pm »
Again

Why would we want to talk big misses? We’re 3 clear and most absolutely battered a team who finished above us last season, record breakingly so. That seems a more interesting thing to talk about than which of our players had the worst miss.

Offline 12C

• aka 54F
  • Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • “The Ribbons are Red”
« Reply #432 on: January 1, 2024, 10:19:42 pm »
Beheady crying about the ref.
Longstaffe dived
Cheating blood soaked prick

Offline Caston

• Castoff, Knitone, Purlone
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #433 on: January 1, 2024, 10:20:06 pm »
 Howe wanting a pen for the longstaff ‘incident’ :lmao

Offline dirkster

• Legacy Fan
  • Dirk Kuyt. Working Class hero
« Reply #434 on: January 1, 2024, 10:20:14 pm »
Nail on the head re sky. I feel.like a lot of reds don't subscribe anymore. Best way to answer the counts. To have that biased rat on all our games is a total pisstake
Completely agree. Why the hell does he commentate on our games anyway. He's absolutely shameless in his bias.

Offline stockdam

• The sheer loftus-cheek of the man.....
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Walk on through the wind, Walk on through the rain
« Reply #435 on: January 1, 2024, 10:20:15 pm »
Quick word on Gary Neville; his commentary is normally bad, but this is the worst I've ever heard. Absolute joke from start to finish, and I wish he'd stop commentating on Liverpool matches. Literally like listening to the biased, blinkered Manc fan down the pub who can't hide his disdain for our club.

Another word for Anthony Taylor, who decided he wanted a slice of the drama today. Diaz booked for dissent (which looked minimal), Trent booked for kicking the ball away (about 5 yards) and Joelinton not booked for cynically fouling Szobo during a promising counter attack, who would then do the same on Konate in the 2nd half. Gordon given free kicks for every dive he committed, and Liverpool not receiving free kicks when getting ragdolled around. Atrocious stuff.

Those are my 2 main frustrations; 2 men who aren't affiliated with our club in any way working their absolute hardest to make our enjoyment of the game as minimal as possible. Wish Sky and PGMOL would both get in the bin.

Salah fouled and he waves play on. Gomez fouled and again he waves play on.

Who was the goat on Sky who tried to argue that by giving us the advantage the referee then didn’t need to book the Newcastle player for the professional foul. He then must have read the rules at half-time and back-tracked. Making it up as they go along.
#JFT97

Offline 12C

• aka 54F
  • Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • “The Ribbons are Red”
« Reply #436 on: January 1, 2024, 10:20:28 pm »
The weather getting blamed by Sly interviewer.
Behave

Online Wabaloolah

• Rocks to the East, Rocks to the West. Definitely Unscotch.
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Allez Allez Allez
    • My Twitter Account
« Reply #437 on: January 1, 2024, 10:20:29 pm »
Howe thought Longstaff's was a penalty, the one where Endo didn't touch him!
However if something serious happens to them I will eat my own cock.

If anyone is going to put a few fingers deep into my arse it's going to be me.

Offline WorldChampions

• Charlie uniform november tango fan...
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #438 on: January 1, 2024, 10:20:36 pm »
Howe thinks the Jota one wasn't a pen but the Endo no touch was 😂 such a c*nt.

Offline jepovic

• Legacy Fan
  • Meh sd f
« Reply #439 on: January 1, 2024, 10:20:49 pm »
I'd rather talk about that outrageous Roberto carlos-esque effort he smashed off the post.meant it too.
Yeah, thats Trent.
I think he was phenomenal, but that finish was awful