Author Topic: PL: Liverpool 1 vs 1 Arsenal Gabriel 4’ Mo 29’  (Read 23807 times)

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
Re: PL: Liverpool 1 vs 1 Arsenal Gabriel 4’ Mo 29’
« Reply #280 on: December 23, 2023, 07:47:50 pm »
The distance is one point behind Arsenal and 7 points ahead of Man City, who;ve played a game less.  :D
The distance is one point behind Arsenal and 7 points ahead of Man City, who;ve played a game less.  :D

5 ahead.

Offline Cormack Snr

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #281 on: December 23, 2023, 07:48:22 pm »
Not a game for many chances, 1pt off top at Christmas isn't too bad for a team not really playing well. We have too many average prem performers and still building .. Most of the Prem would swap our position.

Offline Sharado

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #282 on: December 23, 2023, 07:48:24 pm »
Lad we are at the halfway point almost and we are 1 point off the top. Ready or not at the moment we're very in a title tilt. There's a reason where we are were we are. Arsenal and City obviously have their weaknesses too. How are we not ready for a title tilt but they are?

The frustrating thing is that we should be even better but why do you think we won't finish the season strong like we often do? It's a new team and we've done really great to be 1 point off the top at this stage. We're in a very positive position. I don't understand you guys sometimes.

Manchester city will win circa 12-18 games in a row between late January and April. That's why they will win the league, and we won't. You have to be near perfect to beat them over a season and we currently aren't. Two draws at home, one to a bang average united side, in the last 2 games. We remain a work in progress.
Football, like life, isn't about getting what you want or even deserve. It's about appreciating what you have.

Online Chris~

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #283 on: December 23, 2023, 07:48:42 pm »
Frustrating as I think it was there to be won with better decision making/execution.

Offline Rush 82

• Seth Iffricans don't take the dog out for a walk - they take the line out!
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • From Cape Town to Anfield
« Reply #284 on: December 23, 2023, 07:48:55 pm »
Hands up who would have been happy being 1pt off the top at Christmas in September?
:wave

Offline Kashinoda

• More broken biscuits than made of crisps
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • ....mmm
« Reply #285 on: December 23, 2023, 07:49:05 pm »

:D

Offline Ciara (with a capital "C")

• Not fussed on Krispy Kremes
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Taylor Swift is fucking awesome. #FreeAdnan
« Reply #286 on: December 23, 2023, 07:49:24 pm »
It’s really frustrating at the moment because we know Liverpool of 3 seasons ago would potentially blow this league apart. But we aren’t that team and maybe it’s just too much too soon for this group of players. But again, wildly frustrating because no-one is winning this League with 93+ points IMO, so they don’t need to be at that level.

We had 2 big home games we needed/wanted 4 points from and couldn’t get it over the line. That in itself tells me this squad are still not there. The balance in midfield still looks off and the front line… so, so poor of late. Even Salah today, goal aside, was poor.

Arsenal should be running away with this League - they look the best, most balanced side in the League and arguably haven’t shown their best form yet this season.

Thought Endo was really good, Konate superb, Jones really good again and Gomez settled well after a shaky start.

Burnley needs to see fresh legs from us - Elliot, Nunez, Gravenberch, Gomez. Feels like Endo has started every game recently - can he keep going? He has really made a case for being a first choice midfielder - even when MacAlister is back.

I am kinda OK with the result because I do think we weren’t brilliant again and Arsenal look like the better side. It’s important to keep in the hunt as we won’t play this calibre of sides each week but we need to start seeing more from that forward line and the midfield - they are part of this too.

Also. 100% pen. I feel more aggrieved at that than the TAA miss.

Online Jean Girard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
« Reply #287 on: December 23, 2023, 07:49:29 pm »
That handball gets worse and worse the more you watch.
And now, the matador shall dance with the blind shoemaker!

Offline Fruity

• Batty. Box clever. Can weather all lifts. May in fact be Robbie Rotten.
  • Legacy Fan
  • a fruit is not just for christmas...
« Reply #288 on: December 23, 2023, 07:49:30 pm »
Would've got 4 there in the last 4 years

Forward play is a problem

Have to agree. It was like the old days that first 15 minutes of the 2nd half. But in the old days we win the ball back in a dangerous position and score. I don't want to write off any of our forwards but none of them are anywhere near the Mane, Firmino and Salah of old (and I include Salah now in that). They were exceptional in their prime and would normally capitalise on those situations. We were lucky to have those 3 players in their prime. Arsenal should have been 3-1 down on 60 minutes but I am not sure if their keeper even made a save during that period. We really need Diaz to find some sort of form as he looked a dead cert to replace Mane in his first season.
alf a pound of braeburns!

Offline smicer07

• Negative, miserable sod!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #289 on: December 23, 2023, 07:49:57 pm »
Manchester city will win circa 12-18 games in a row between late January and April. That's why they will win the league, and we won't. You have to be near perfect to beat them over a season and we currently aren't. Two draws at home, one to a bang average united side, in the last 2 games. We remain a work in progress.

Well obviously we're a work in progress. Who knows what City will or won't do?

Offline Avens

• Look around you! Clearly knows his Gary Gum from his Anti-Gary Gum.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #290 on: December 23, 2023, 07:50:08 pm »
Has to score but you need to create more than one big chance in a home match though. Other than that it was a great goal (which is what it takes for us to score now) and just more long range hit and hopes.

When you're creating so few big chances players start to snatch at them.

Criticising us for scoring because it was too good a goal is a new angle, Fromola, I'll give you that.
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now. - Jurgen Klopp

Offline Nick110581

• Up the tricky reds
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hearts Jurgen
« Reply #291 on: December 23, 2023, 07:50:34 pm »

Another huge decision against us.
No, jazz. You fear jazz. You fear the lack of rules, the lack of boundaries. Oh look, it's a fence. But, no, it's soft.

Offline Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
  • Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to
« Reply #292 on: December 23, 2023, 07:50:35 pm »
For someone that can look so composed on the pitch, Dom has a few really wayward passes in him unfortunately. We badly needed to manipulate the ball better in the latter stages of the half. We kept giving it back to them and Grav was the worst culprit

Jones going off so early was a bit of a strange one. Thought he was doing well up to that point really. The lack of confidence in Diaz is very worrying. He never attempts to take anyone on anymore and its hurting our game massively

I thought Dom was just fucked last half hour, thought he'd have gone off instead of Jones but Jones started midweek after not many minutes for a while, so they'd probably had that in mind. Dom has been replaced after an hour or so frequently in recent weeks, so stamina seems to be a problem.
Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season

Offline YNWA.A

• Main Stander
« Reply #293 on: December 23, 2023, 07:50:58 pm »
Baffled by some of the reactions here

We got Jota coming back, Macca coming back, Robo as well. On another day we win that game, 1 point off them is nothing to scoff at.

Diaz is out of form but hopefully Jota picks it up especially while Mo is away.

Offline KevLFC

• Doesn't know the offside laws
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #294 on: December 23, 2023, 07:51:19 pm »
The fuck you on about?  ::)

I'm replying to someone who claims the ref is a cheat. If you had a good enough IQ then you would know.

Offline Kashinoda

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • ....mmm
« Reply #295 on: December 23, 2023, 07:51:20 pm »
Baffled by some of the reactions here

We got Jota coming back, Macca coming back, Robo as well. On another day we win that game, 1 point off them is nothing to scoff at.

Diaz is out of form but hopefully Jota picks it up especially while Mo is away.

Thiago too.

Offline smicer07

• Negative, miserable sod!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #296 on: December 23, 2023, 07:51:38 pm »
Dread to think of the reaction on here when we legitimately lose a game this season 😬

Offline Eeyore

• "I have no problem whatsoever stating that FSG have done a good job.".Mo Money, Mo Problems to invent. Number 1 is Carragher. Number 2 is Carragher. Number 3 is Carragher. Number 4 is Carragher. Likes to play God in his spare time.
  • Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97
« Reply #297 on: December 23, 2023, 07:51:41 pm »

I think the giveaway was when they had to throw on a new ball because Odegaard wouldn't let go of the existing one.
"Ohhh-kayyy"

Offline rowan_d

• boat. Se๑or Paolo de Souza-Farquharson :)
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #298 on: December 23, 2023, 07:51:42 pm »
Doesn't feel like a loss the way last weekend did, but getting quite concerned with our attacking play. It seems to be clicking only in very brief fits and starts, and it just died completely today after the Trent chance.

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #299 on: December 23, 2023, 07:52:00 pm »
Has to score but you need to create more than one big chance in a home match though. Other than that it was a great goal (which is what it takes for us to score now) and just more long range hit and hopes.

When you're creating so few big chances players start to snatch at them.

Utter nonsense. They scored from a freekick. Does that count?

Offline Caligula?

• Most Negative poster on site, Moan, Moan, Moan, Liverpool are shite... Does he ever stop
  • Legacy Fan
  • SPQR

Offline UntouchableLuis

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #301 on: December 23, 2023, 07:52:13 pm »
Europa league, league cup, top 3 comfortably and maybe even throw in the FA Cup. That will do me this season. Then build to win the title and CL next season.
"IT'S ENDED.....THE EUROPEAN CUP IS RETURNING TO ENGLAND AND TO ANFIELD."

Offline Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
  • Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to
« Reply #302 on: December 23, 2023, 07:53:22 pm »
All numbers have us ahead. We should have won.

We were slightly ahead on XG but then that's down to Trent's chance.

I thought a draw was a fair result, notwithstanding that sitter and the pen we should have had. Arsenal did work the ball better overall.

We started the game poorly and finished it out on our feet. The middle third of the game we battled and played very well.
Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season

Offline na fir dearg

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #303 on: December 23, 2023, 07:53:31 pm »
thought our starting midfield was excellent, insane work rate - our attack just can't seem to convert at the moment

Offline Kashinoda

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • ....mmm

Offline Rush 82

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #305 on: December 23, 2023, 07:53:34 pm »
Have to agree. It was like the old days that first 15 minutes of the 2nd half. But in the old days we win the ball back in a dangerous position and score. I don't want to write off any of our forwards but none of them are anywhere near the Mane, Firmino and Salah of old (and I include Salah now in that). They were exceptional in their prime and would normally capitalise on those situations. We were lucky to have those 3 players in their prime. Arsenal should have been 3-1 down on 60 minutes but I am not sure if their keeper even made a save during that period. We really need Diaz to find some sort of form as he looked a dead cert to replace Mane in his first season.
oh yes- it’s the ultimate tragedy that those oil cheats were around to pip us twice in our prime years with the fab three

Offline TipTopKop

• Legacy Fan
  • Call Meeeeeee The Splund
« Reply #306 on: December 23, 2023, 07:53:52 pm »
It is what it is, games are coming in thick and fast I guess, a point isn't the worst thing in the world.

Offline rocco

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • ⭐️⭐️⭐️6 Times Baby ⭐️⭐️⭐️
« Reply #307 on: December 23, 2023, 07:54:07 pm »
Feels like dropped points like v united …. 4 points but we’re still very much in the mix

Offline proudred

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #308 on: December 23, 2023, 07:54:17 pm »
Subs were ineffective did not benefit us one bit.
Trent miss of the season. Looks like he was already thinking of how to celebrate before striking the ball.... arrogance.
Endo was great. Need to win this match to set a marker but showed we are not ready yet.

Offline lamonti

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #309 on: December 23, 2023, 07:54:21 pm »
Frustrating day. Arsenal are very good. Should have had a penalty, should have scored that massive chance. Our forwards not playing well at all.

Offline LovelyCushionedHeader

• Not so pleasant non-upholstered footer
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #310 on: December 23, 2023, 07:54:36 pm »

That's kind of how xg works?
And if the rain stops, and everything's dry.. she would cry, just so I could drink tears from her eyes.

Offline Rush 82

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #311 on: December 23, 2023, 07:54:48 pm »
Fuck me - every time I see that penalty call I’m gobsmacked that it’s not given

Offline killer-heels

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #312 on: December 23, 2023, 07:54:56 pm »

I thought a draw was a fair result, notwithstanding that sitter and the pen we should have had. Arsenal did work the ball better overall.

We started the game terribly and finished it out on our feet. The middle thirds of the game we battled very well.

What does that mean? Because of Trent’s chance, does tgat not count?

Offline I've been a good boy

• "There are two ways of spreading light; to be the candle or the mirror that receives it." Loves a good set of open flaps. And a bowl of Coco Poops! No chance of getting a coffee in his house.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #313 on: December 23, 2023, 07:55:00 pm »
Diaz, Szobozlai and Gravenberch completely dropped off a cliff. Need them to sort it out sharpish, we're not winning the title if so many players are out of form.

Offline Avens

• Look around you! Clearly knows his Gary Gum from his Anti-Gary Gum.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #314 on: December 23, 2023, 07:55:01 pm »

Maybe cast that cynical eye over City's last month or two of results. It includes draws at home to Crystal Palace. They aren't on track for a 95+ point season and whoever wins the league this season is unlikely to have had a perfect season. It might not be us, but why are we so poorly placed when we're 5 points ahead of City and 1 off the top?
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now. - Jurgen Klopp

Offline y2w902

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #315 on: December 23, 2023, 07:55:09 pm »

Offline edeyj

• Legacy Fan
  • 1-2,1-2-3,1-2-3-4...5-0
« Reply #316 on: December 23, 2023, 07:55:18 pm »
Thought Joe Gomez was great. Keep him at left back until Robbo is fit.

Offline Eeyore

• "I have no problem whatsoever stating that FSG have done a good job.".Mo Money, Mo Problems to invent. Number 1 is Carragher. Number 2 is Carragher. Number 3 is Carragher. Number 4 is Carragher. Likes to play God in his spare time.
  • Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97
« Reply #317 on: December 23, 2023, 07:55:38 pm »

We started the game terribly and finished it out on our feet. The middle thirds of the game we battled very well.

How the fuck is Trent's chance a sitter you miserable git.

It was around 0.4xG. So it is missed 50% more of the time than it is scored.
"Ohhh-kayyy"

Offline JonnyCigarettesฎ

• Airfix salesman (rumoured to be training a secret wankfest monkey arsegravy army)
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty fly for a white guy
« Reply #318 on: December 23, 2023, 07:56:25 pm »
Saka's shirt number is higher than his IQ.
Johnny Sack: 200 grand for insulting my wife. What's next, Carmine, he gets to fuck her for a million?

Carmine: He wants to fuck her?

Johnny Sack: I'm making a point.

Offline Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #319 on: December 23, 2023, 07:56:32 pm »
How the fuck is Trent's chance a sitter you miserable git.

It was around 0.4xG. So it is missed 50% more of the time than it is scored.

50% of the time it's missed every time.
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.