Author Topic: PL: Libpool 4 v 3 Fulhm Leno OG 20’ Wlsn 24’ Mac 39’ Tete 45+3’ Reid 80 Endo 87  (Read 22841 times)

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• Missing an asterisk - no, wait sorry, that's his rusty starfish..... RAWK Apple fanboy. Hedley Lamarr's bestest mate. Has done nothing incredible ever.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
The referee and the linos were a complete fucking joke throughout

Fuck the PGMOL

To also deny the goal to Trent for the free kick? Fuck off.

Four amazing goals and an amazing comeback.

Fuck the Premier League. Fuck the fucking ref and fuck PGMOL.

Up the mighty fucking reds you bent c*nts :)
Quote from: tubby on Today at 12:45:53 pm

They both went in high, that's factually correct, both tried to play the ball at height.  Doku with his foot, Mac Allister with his chest.

Offline JRed

• After a 2L bottle of strongbow I’d do anything!
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
The referee and the linos were a complete fucking joke throughout

Fuck the PGMOL

To also deny the goal to Trent for the free kick? Fuck off.

Four amazing goals and an amazing comeback.

Fuck the Premier League. Fuck the fucking ref and fuck PGMOL.

Up the mighty fucking reds you bent c*nts :)
If the ball didn’t hit the keeper it wouldn’t have gone in? That’s why it’s an own goal?
Shame for Trent, but that’s the way goals work?

Offline Indomitable_Carp

• Asterixophile
  • Legacy Fan
  • From the depths of Sevvy Park lake
Yeah not sure what your problem is there, Andy. The linesman flagged off one of their goals that was onside, that's true. But I think the idea with VAR is they flag if they think there's any doubt and VAR will double check it, which they did and allowed it. The linesmen got all the other calls right so far as I could tell, including both ours and their disallowed goal.

Is this one of your "coming home fuming about refs after an amazing come back" moments?
« Last Edit: December 4, 2023, 10:53:07 am by Indomitable_Carp »

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• Missing an asterisk - no, wait sorry, that's his rusty starfish..... RAWK Apple fanboy. Hedley Lamarr's bestest mate. Has done nothing incredible ever.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
Yeah not sure what your problem is there, Andy. The linesman flagged off one of their goals that was onside, that's true. But I think the idea is with VAR they flag if they think there's any doubt and VAR will double check it, which they did and allowed it. The linesmen got all the other calls right so far as I could tell, including both ours and their disallowed goal.

Is this one of your "coming home fuming about refs after an amazing come back" moments?

Nothing big, but every 50-50 went to them. Everytime they hit the ground - free kick. Every time we got pulled back, fouled or hacked down - play on.

Again, not seen it on telly, but the ground was going mad. Plenty of occasions there were clear fouls ignored and overall Fulham looked like the home side.

One day we'll get 'home advantage' - no sure I'll still be alive by then.

They both went in high, that's factually correct, both tried to play the ball at height.  Doku with his foot, Mac Allister with his chest.

Offline Indomitable_Carp

• Asterixophile
  • Legacy Fan
  • From the depths of Sevvy Park lake
Nothing big, but every 50-50 went to them. Everytime they hit the ground - free kick. Every time we got pulled back, fouled or hacked down - play on.

Again, not seen it on telly, but the ground was going mad. Plenty of occasions there were clear fouls ignored and overall Fulham looked like the home side.

You might well be right, I didn't pick up on the 50/50s. There was one or two towards the end that I was worked up about (The Gomez one up near the Kop, for example) but looking at the replays I think it was probably the right call. That said, I would say that a pissed-off seething Anfield often makes up for 50/50's in the middle of the pitch not going our way.

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
You might well be right, I didn't pick up on the 50/50s. There was one or two towards the end that I was worked up about (The Gomez one up near the Kop, for example) but looking at the replays I think it was probably the right call. That said, I would say that a pissed-off seething Anfield often makes up for 50/50's in the middle of the pitch not going our way.

We were fucking fuming at the end and I think that went a long way towards Fulham buckling.

At 3-2 down I couldn't see a way back, but what a fucking team and what a fucking win! :)

Offline slaphead

• Nothing up top.
  • Legacy Fan

I thought the ref was quiet good yesterday Andy. A lot of the frustration in the ground was probably more because of the scoreline at the time and not the ref. We all often come on here saying all we want it a fair ref, I think we got that yesterday myself

Offline Mighty_Red

• Rojo Poderoso!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • All hail the King...
    • Join the fight - SOS
Glad we got thru that. Make no misake, we got away with one there. Way too sloppy at the back, but somehow it was the midfield bailing us out. Can't remember the last time we score so many goals with none coming from the forward line!

Disappointed that Kelleher had such a poor game, he wasn't helped with the defence making lits of mistakes but he should've been doing better for the first two goals. Hope he can put that out his system and be ready for Wednesday.
Some clubs were always destined for greatness...

Offline TheMissionary

• PositionIsSoooooooOrdinary!
  • Legacy Fan
  • That's nice, that's McDermott, and that's a goal!!
Need to keep an eye on that Robinson kid who played left back for them.  Apart from the stupid hair cut it was a Robbo-esque performance, if he can do it regularly and not just as part of a game raising crew he might be worth a punt in the summer as a longer term replacement for Robbo.
TheMissionary
YNWA

Offline LuverlyRita

• metar made
  • Kopite
I wasn't sure about the decision to take off Szoboszlai and Mac Allister, with Gravenberch still on -- I thought Szoboszlai was starting to look dangerous at that point and Grav was having a tough day at the office. But the Endo change was excellent and in hindsight, the earlier subs probably allowed Trent to be in the position he needed to be for the winner. Klopp's operating on a different level to be fair  ;D
I don't think Grav was at his best on Thursday and he was having a bit of a stinker yesterday so I was surprised that he stayed on the pitch for so long. Endo brought a sense of urgency to our game and drove the play forward - two things that had been sadly lacking, especially in the first half when we went through that spell of passing sideways and backwards for long periods.
As I was walking from the concourse to the seating area, a Dad and his lad passed by and I heard the Dad say "First time at Anfield son, drink it all in". What an experience for the kid eh?  :)

Offline ScouserAtHeart

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pissing Manc "fans" off since 1999.
Sheff Utd sack their manager just before playing us. Typical
"Jόrgen Klopp is bringing Liverpool's 'fuck you' back. And I can't wait."

Offline Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion

Who can they bring it that will have any fundamental change in how they play though?

Offline BarryCrocker

• Legacy Fan

If it's any consolation the suggested replacement Chris Wilder is 0-4 against us with goal 1-7.
And all the world is football shaped, It's just for me to kick in space. And I can see, hear, smell, touch, taste.

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
Oh. And the first jumping up and down like a two year old and hugging everyone moment at Anfield :)

Thanks Red men!

Offline the_red_pill

• Hasn't got a fucking clue when the Reds are playing next.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Frankly my dear...
Claims that the goal should've been ruled out for a foul on Decordova-Reid.

Please allow me to tell you about Salah getting fouled in the build up to Fulham's opener in november 2020, scored by none other than Decordova-Reid...
Funny how these things even themselves out, eh? ;D
"Some listen to understand. Others listen to respond."
"A fool does not delight in understanding, but only in revealing his own mind."
In such a sumptuous festival of shite, I wouldn't be so quick to pick a winner..

But he'd make the shortlist

Offline the_red_pill

• Hasn't got a fucking clue when the Reds are playing next.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Frankly my dear...
Need to keep an eye on that Robinson kid who played left back for them.  Apart from the stupid hair cut it was a Robbo-esque performance, if he can do it regularly and not just as part of a game raising crew he might be worth a punt in the summer as a longer term replacement for Robbo.
Yep. He caught my too.
Would be worth a scouting.. but I think our recruitement will be on him already anyhow.
"Some listen to understand. Others listen to respond."
"A fool does not delight in understanding, but only in revealing his own mind."
In such a sumptuous festival of shite, I wouldn't be so quick to pick a winner..

But he'd make the shortlist

Offline Kopenhagen

• Ban hammer of Damocles poised to drop if Everton finish fourth.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Someone on Twitter, reacting to Trent's winner, said:

"Reece James - rest in piss, snorlax."

:lmao

:lmao
"There is no final victory, just as there is no final defeat. There is just the same battle to be fought over and over again."

Offline jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jόrgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"

It's not as if any new manager is going to be able to make that much difference in three days.
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Online Dim Glas

• Die Nullfόnfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Michael Sheen is the actual Prince of 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿

he isn’t a kid though. May be a bit old to look at as a long term replacment for a player only 3 years older than him!

(Not that I like calling 26 year olds old like, but ya know what I mean  :P ).

Offline fowlermagic

• Ilittarate
  • Legacy Fan
Didn't get to see the game so looking forward to catching it this evening on LFCTV without going through the nail biting that everyone suffered watching it live. I honestly thought game over when i clicked live results yesterday and saw we were 3-2 down with a few minutes left. Couldn't believe my eyes five minutes later to see we won. Great resolve by the lads as we are showing a lot more of the title winning spirit. When we hit that dip last season i was really worried Jurgen had gotten to the point he has with all teams he's managed as his style of management is hard wearing on his squad and himself. The man definitely had earned himself a wee break as it ages you as god knows what managers put themselves through. Richly rewarded of course but money can't buy your health or mental wellbeing so i really thought Jurgen had a huge chore ahead of him to rejuvenate quite an old spine. He' really has freshen up a good part of the spine and must be keen to keep going this summer with finding the long term replacement for Salah n Virgil.
Anyway great win as pulled three points out of the fire as we were staring at a poor defeat.
I have a simple philosophy: Fill what's empty. Empty what's full. Scratch where it itches. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zi5-V75v-6I

Offline Jm55

• Would legit drive you round the bend but his car legit won't start. More bounze... to the ounze.
  • Legacy Fan
It's not as if any new manager is going to be able to make that much difference in three days.

For me the difference is the fans in the ground.

They love Wilder there, Bramall Lane will be loud as fuck now whereas you feel it would be been subdued if Heckingbottom was still in charge.

Still expect us to win obviously but it does potentially make it a bit harder.

Offline jepovic

• Only interested in the "prestigious" games, so won't be celebrating anything less.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Meh sd f
Great subs by Gakpo and Endo. They came in full of energy and determination.
Endo had a decent shot blocked after like 1 min on the pitch, so he was clearly on a mission.
At the winner, Gakpo was so eager that he took the ball off Endo, drove it 40 yards and just smashed it on goal. 3 touches later it's 4-3

Offline jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jόrgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Legacy Fan

They love Wilder there, Bramall Lane will be loud as fuck now whereas you feel it would be been subdued if Heckingbottom was still in charge.

It would probably have been the same under the other manager as well, it's that type of tight ground and it's something we're going to have to deal with in order to do a job there. I'm sure we can manage to win there.

Offline LuverlyRita

• metar made
  • Kopite
Yep. He caught my too.
Would be worth a scouting.. but I think our recruitement will be on him already anyhow.
He was across the Park for a period wasn't he? I haven't paid too much attention to him so I don't know if he can do it week-in, week-out. While he played well, we made it far too easy for him and both our midfield and defence were guilty of sloppiness.

Offline Keita Success

• Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
Would have been harsh for me. 

In terms of physicality, I didn't see much difference between that challenge and the one from Fulham when they scored their third.
Think it's one of them that VAR wasn't brought in to overrule, but with the way it is now, it could've.

Yesterday was a good result, but a poor performance. First time I've not been impressed by Gravy.

Think we could do with freshening it up against Sheffield United - everyone's a bit tired at this point of the season. Curtis and Endo are a must.

Worried about Wednesday's game. We've been poor away from home this season, and Sheffield United will sit back very deep & likely will have a new manager in place.

Offline Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan

It's a free hit for Sheffield. Nothing to lose against us at this point. That might actually play into our hands.
I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

Offline KillieRed

• Jaro a.k.a. goatjumpingqueuefucker
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nemo me impune lacessit.
A pedestrian performance sprinkled with a little magic.

Refs weren’t as bad as usual, I thought they let most things go. Tsimikas was very fortunate not to be called for a foul for the winner.

Motm? Trent. He drove us on all game. Like Thiago with a bit of acceleration. That can’t be a bad thing.
The best way to scare a Tory is to read and get rich” - Idles.

Offline Son of Spion

• "No, I said I was WORKING from home! Me ma's reading this, ya bastids!" Supporter of The Unbrarables. Worratit.
  • RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
  • BAGs. 28 Years..What Would The Bullens Wall Say?
It would probably have been the same under the other manager as well, it's that type of tight ground and it's something we're going to have to deal with in order to do a job there. I'm sure we can manage to win there.
It would be Utopia.   ;)
The light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long, and you've burned so very, very brightly, Jόrgen.

Offline jillcwhomever

• Legacy Fan

Refs weren’t as bad as usual, I thought they let most things go. Tsimikas was very fortunate not to be called for a foul for the winner.

Motm? Trent. He drove us on all game. Like Thiago with a bit of acceleration. That can’t be a bad thing.

Their third goal had a foul in it, so no way could he have disallowed our goal. Referees let so much go in games anyway, it makes little difference.

Offline Son of Spion

• "No, I said I was WORKING from home! Me ma's reading this, ya bastids!" Supporter of The Unbrarables. Worratit.
  • RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
I can't stop watching Mac Allister's goal.  :o
The light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long, and you've burned so very, very brightly, Jόrgen.

Offline jillcwhomever

• Legacy Fan
I can't stop watching Mac Allister's goal.  :o

Fantastic technique and the sort of goal that looks superb in every angle.

Offline alonsoisared

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
All about getting the results from here til Christmas. The stats may not back me up but it feels like we have a habit of dropping frustrating points around this time of year that come back to haunt us. After the Luton fixture the other week, dropped points yesterday would've felt extremely costly. To show the grit that our title and champions league winning side had to get over the line yesterday was really big for us, I reckon.

With 10 minutes left yesterday I was resigning myself to thinking we probably aren't ready for a proper title challenge. Now I'm eyeing up first place at christmas and opening a gap on city.

Offline Son of Spion

• RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
Fantastic technique and the sort of goal that looks superb in every angle.
I saw an all angles video of it on YouTube last night. Stunning! Just an amazing goal. 😃

Worth the admission fee on its own. Add in Trent's first and Endo's strike there was an embarrassment of riches on display yesterday.

Offline jillcwhomever

• Legacy Fan
I saw an all angles video of it on YouTube last night. Stunning! Just an amazing goal. 😃

Worth the admission fee on its own. Add in Trent's first and Endo's strike there was an embarrassment of riches on display yesterday.

Our own personal goal of the month competition. 😀

Online Dim Glas

• Die Nullfόnfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Michael Sheen is the actual Prince of 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿

If Trent hadn’t scored, you could also question whether Robinson was fortunate, as he kicked out at Nunez when he headed the ball over. 

Offline redk84

• (and nothing else!)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • why must we always do things the hard way?
What a cracking game...
All our goals were brilliant.  The celebration for the winner was out of this world

Fulham were let in this game more than forcing their way into the game.
We looked on top without really being on top turning the screw....it was a strange day.

Our defence can have days like that, but would have to be few and far between or this title challenge won't last long. I know kelleher didn't have a great day but our bad days at the back seem to be because of blunders by someone.
The attack aswell need to not have collective stinkers in front of goal  ;D (take it in turns!)

A day defined by the result.
You get these mad games around this time of year and glad we got the 3 points.

With city dropping points again the next few games are absolutely crucial....especially the one vs Arsenal
All Those Who Have A Red Heart Can Rejoice.
For They Have Seen GOD.

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Yeah not sure what your problem is there, Andy. The linesman flagged off one of their goals that was onside, that's true. But I think the idea with VAR is they flag if they think there's any doubt and VAR will double check it, which they did and allowed it. The linesmen got all the other calls right so far as I could tell, including both ours and their disallowed goal.

One of the few perfect examples of just how VAR should be used - same as Rugby, allow the goal to be scored and then check it's legit. Shame that IFAB and the PGMOL don't want to use it correctly  :butt

Jurgen YNWA

Offline William Regal

• Kopite
Great subs by Gakpo and Endo. They came in full of energy and determination.
Endo had a decent shot blocked after like 1 min on the pitch, so he was clearly on a mission.
At the winner, Gakpo was so eager that he took the ball off Endo, drove it 40 yards and just smashed it on goal. 3 touches later it's 4-3

Exactly this, we had totally lost control of the midfield and was being picked off on the counter, Endo for Gravenberch was 100% the right sub to give us our shape and control back through Endo's positional discipline, aggression, organisation, and leadership.

Was really impressed with Gapko's mentality off the bench, he brought the energy, aggression, and took responsibility to get on the ball and get us back in the game.

Yesterday was exactly what subs should bring to a team coming from the bench, you've got 20 minutes to put 90 minutes worth of effort into the game, theres no excuse for any sub not running his blood to water and that's something that weve done really well this season through the likes of Elliott, Nunez, and Jota.

Offline mattD

• Legacy Fan
Exactly this, we had totally lost control of the midfield and was being picked off on the counter, Endo for Gravenberch was 100% the right sub to give us our shape and control back through Endo's positional discipline, aggression, organisation, and leadership.

Was really impressed with Gapko's mentality off the bench, he brought the energy, aggression, and took responsibility to get on the ball and get us back in the game.

Yesterday was exactly what subs should bring to a team coming from the bench, you've got 20 minutes to put 90 minutes worth of effort into the game, theres no excuse for any sub not running his blood to water and that's something that weve done really well this season through the likes of Elliott, Nunez, and Jota.

Struggling to remember in my lifetime when we've had such a strong bench (born 1990). It was the death knell for Rafa's title charge, and Rodger's in 2014 too. Didn't help Jurgen in his first couple of years here either.

This time we're more often than not making a real impact once the subs are brought on.

Offline redk84

• (and nothing else!)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • why must we always do things the hard way?
All about getting the results from here til Christmas. The stats may not back me up but it feels like we have a habit of dropping frustrating points around this time of year that come back to haunt us.

See in my mind's eye we're good upto Xmas. Think we won every game in December a few years back too??

January is where I remember us being hit and miss
All Those Who Have A Red Heart Can Rejoice.
For They Have Seen GOD.