Author Topic: EL: Toulouse v Liverpool 3-2 Donnum 36 Dallinga 58 OG Cassares 73, Magri 75 Jota  (Read 18273 times)

Offline shook

• not stirred
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Toulouse would be on 13 if they win their last 2.

We may need to win both.

Toulous wont win both, theyve been in poor form but we were complacent today, look at their first goal and Tsimikas.

Offline jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
Did think it was intersting that TNT never listed the score as 3-3 before changing the 3 back to a 2. Was the goal disallowed or just not given at all?

I am sure it was given.
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline Wghennessy

• Embarassing
  • Legacy Fan

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
In Europe this is one of the worst. This is a Midtable championship team this

Oh I agree with that, awful today.

Szoboszlai needs to take a chill pill. One spectacular goal and he is shooting any half chance.

Offline StevoHimself

• Legacy Fan
2018, away at Belgrade. We had a stronger side out than we did today, we lost convincingly. It's not the first or last time, it's part of football. However obviously on the back of Luton it's frustrating.

We were poor away from home for most of last season as well.

Offline Nick110581

• Up the tricky reds
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hearts Jurgen
Football is spoilt now cause of VAR.
No, jazz. You fear jazz. You fear the lack of rules, the lack of boundaries. Oh look, it's a fence. But, no, it's soft.

Offline shank94

• Currently at minus 10 and falling...
  • Legacy Fan
Prime EL game, it was fun.
Everyone knows it's Shanks, Shank is part of my name.

Offline StevoHimself

• Legacy Fan
I am sure it was given.

That was impression, so odd they never changed the scoreboard.

Offline RK7

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Really? We were awful today but were you blind as to what happened last season. We were miles off the top by this stage.

I'm not blind, it's the same as before, players who can't keep hold of a football, defenders who can't defend.

Online Fruity

• Batty. Box clever. Can weather all lifts. May in fact be Robbie Rotten.
  • Legacy Fan
  • a fruit is not just for christmas...
Bizarre decision at the end. Hit his chest then arm and a while before the actual goal.

With that all said though we were absolute pony apart from Elliot and Jota's goal. Toulouse were dogshit first half but we gave them a reason to show a bit of fight with that cheap first goal.

2nd half we were worse and Toulouse caught us on the counter numerous times but fortunately they were off side.

The few negatives I take from that game is that we need some steel in midfield. Macallister keeps giving the ball - very undecided on him currently as not sure what he really offers. Gakpo needs to get involved a bit more, too often he is a spectator.

Thought Elliot did well and Trent showed a bit of fight in attack when he came on.
alf a pound of braeburns!

Offline JonnyCigarettes®

• Airfix salesman (rumoured to be training a secret wankfest monkey arsegravy army)
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty fly for a white guy
Joe Cole and Rachel Finnis Brown are laughably incompetent.

We were shit mind.
Johnny Sack: 200 grand for insulting my wife. What's next, Carmine, he gets to fuck her for a million?

Carmine: He wants to fuck her?

Johnny Sack: I'm making a point.

Offline andyrol

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • might bring you boys a rabbit up in the week
We were awful but that is nearly as bad as the spurs debacle. 9 touches from the supposed handball to ball hitting net. Bet we could look at fouls 9 touches from every goal we've conceded and find a foul or infringement like that. Shit officials . Shit from mcmanacunt who obviously hates Liverpool.

Online Draex

• Geek God of Typing Letters. Hugo unleashes Jaws? Purveyor of fuel products in Kent.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Oh I agree with that, awful today.

Szoboszlai needs to take a chill pill. One spectacular goal and he is shooting any half chance.

and Trent, 2nd match in a row he's shooting from 40+ yards out.

Offline Nick110581

• Up the tricky reds
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hearts Jurgen
I'm not blind, it's the same as before, players who can't keep hold of a football, defenders who can't defend.

Mad that we are three points off the top, in a QF and top of the EL Group.
No, jazz. You fear jazz. You fear the lack of rules, the lack of boundaries. Oh look, it's a fence. But, no, it's soft.

Offline stockdam

• The sheer loftus-cheek of the man.....
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Walk on through the wind, Walk on through the rain
Pathetic display. Probably only Elliott came out of it well. Toulouse defended well and we defended as if we didn’t have a clue.

Lovely goal by Jota.

What was the foul against Jota for? If VAR are going to look at incidents 5 or whatever passes before a goal then they need to look at every ”wrong” decision.

I’m not even sure that MacAllisters was a handball. It hit his chest and then his upper arm. It also did not directly affect the goal. It was a shit way to lose but we didn’t deserve to win as our attitude was poor.
#JFT97

Offline Caligula?

• Most Negative poster on site, Moan, Moan, Moan, Liverpool are shite... Does he ever stop
  • Legacy Fan
  • SPQR
Second lesson in a week for this young team that you can't simply turn up for games against second rate opponents. Liverpool is the biggest game of their lives, they will play like it's a cup final.

I am hoping there will be no need for the lesson to be experienced a third time.

It was experienced about 10 times last season alone so there's really no reason to think it won't be again. Some players just have this performance in them from time to time. The good news is we won't be fielding weakened teams anytime soon so we shouldn't be this poor again for a while.

Offline shook

• not stirred
  • Legacy Fan
In a way it's good we loss. Lot of new players this season, they should be playing every game knowing something is at stake, definitely played opposite of that mentality today.

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan

But we have had better results this season in all competitions. So can you explain how its the same as last season?

Offline TipTopKop

• Legacy Fan
  • Call Meeeeeee The Splund
Awful decision.

Offline Wabaloolah

• Rocks to the East, Rocks to the West. Definitely Unscotch.
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Allez Allez Allez
    • My Twitter Account
Yay we get to talk about referees again!

Deserved nothing there. Out fought until they ran out of steam at the end. MF not really working for me last few weeks. Not creating enough.
well that's not true is it, we deserved an equaliser which we legitimately scored and then we were robbed. You may be OK with that but I'm absolutely furious
However if something serious happens to them I will eat my own cock.

If anyone is going to put a few fingers deep into my arse it's going to be me.

Offline jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Legacy Fan
Pathetic display. Probably only Elliott came out of it well. Toulouse defended well and we defended as if we didn’t have a clue.

Lovely goal by Jota.

What was the foul against Jota for? If VAR are going to look at incidents 5 or whatever passes before a goal then they need to look at every ”wrong” decision.

I’m not even sure that MacAllisters was a handball. It hit his chest and then his upper arm. It also did not directly affect the goal. It was a shit way to lose but we didn’t deserve to win as our attitude was poor.

I agree with that, unless we see it from an unseen angle that's what it looked like.

Offline DonkeyWan

• ker. Football Genius, Generously gives Young Jürgen pointers to help him improve.
  • Legacy Fan
  • I never met a man who wasn't...
 Nice goal from Jota aside, that was pretty, pretty poor. Poor decision at the end, real homer, but Toylouse deserved it, tbf.

Still lack physicality in the middle, that third goal was atrocious. Thought Mac Allister was very underwhelming, much too slow and lacking in physicality.

I had high hopes for Endo, but again, just not physical enough. 
Beatings will continue until morale improves...

Offline RK7

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Don't make silly statements.

Wind your neck in and stop telling me what to do.

Offline Gili Gulu

• Looking forward to seeing the Golden Sky
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Trent just leaving his player letting him run through and nearly score just after half time.

Szoboszlai jogging out instead of picking up his man and covering the back post for the third goal.

Indicative of the general attitude. Not good enough, at all.
Gili Gulu. (嘰哩咕嚕) means saying something no-one understands but yourself; a little rambling or a silly language between friends

Offline Szobosslad

• Kemlynite

There's clear improvement on last season. The table in the league is evidence for that, and form over 20 plus games has been consistent to that. We're not perfect far from it, but it's not the same that's clear.

Just because you have a poor performance doesn't mean it's the same as all of last year, whilst ignoring other results this season. Time will tell ultimately as season goes on, but as of now this is a baffling statement.

Offline Nick110581

• Up the tricky reds
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hearts Jurgen

But you have embarrassed yourself.

How can we be 3 points off the top if we haven't improved?

Offline vicar

• Legacy Fan
  • Free at last!
I still dont understand how that is handball, it rolls off his chest and hits the top of his arm? Doesnt it have to be below the 'T-shirt line' to be given?
You will have to spend 10 mins looking at that to decide if its above, below or on that line, yet they decide it was handball, 3 phases of play before the goal? Madness.

Offline Stockholm Syndrome

• Djurgården Disease
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan

You have every right to say what you want, but everyone else also has the right to say you are being silly for making silly statements

Offline QC

• rawks Lionel Hutz, ambulance chaser.Sucks up to the wrong type of Mod.
  • Legacy Fan
In a way it's good we loss. Lot of new players this season, they should be playing every game knowing something is at stake, definitely played opposite of that mentality today.

Ultimately this is a mentality that has to be learned. Don’t think it’s realistic to expect Max Allister, for example, to turn up from Brighton and have the win every game mentality

Offline Red-4-Ever

• Anny Roader
Bullshit decision at the end, I remember a (Mane?) goal being ruled out at Spurs in similar fashion a couple of seasons for a Bobby ‘handball’ from around the halfway line.

Poor performance from the Reds overall though it must be said.

Offline jillcwhomever

• Legacy Fan

There is a clear improvement on last season. But as I have said before and you seem determined not to admit we have new players and a team that has to click properly. Results like these are always possible, did the midfield that began actually start a game this season?

Offline Kalito

• Legacy Fan
  • ***JFT97***
Don't we beat them already on head to head though?
Yes.

4 points from the last 2 games will guarantee top spot even if Toulouse (who were prime Everton tonight the shithouse pricks) win their 2 games.
"I want to build a team that's invincible, so that they have to send a team from bloody Mars to beat us." - Mr Bill Shankly

"be careful of media, they can make you hate the oppressed and love the oppressors." - Malcolm X

The notion that an Occupier is defending itself is as absurd as the notion that the rapist is defending itself from the victim.

Offline Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
Everything considered, that is one of the  worst European results I can remember, woeful beyond belief. Nothing fixed from last season despite a shed load of money spent.

It was a group stage game in a group we’ll ultimately qualify from and probably win.

Doesn’t compare to 0-3 at Strasbourg! And tons of others. Even in recent years we’ve had worse in the CL group stages at times.

Forget about it.

Offline Redric1970

• Legacy Fan
Today’s performance and Luton were beyond abysmal.

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan

"Nothing fixed from last season" You're an idiot.

Online Draex

• Geek God of Typing Letters. Hugo unleashes Jaws? Purveyor of fuel products in Kent.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
The loss of Milner and Hendo quite clear when Van Dijk isn't around.

Offline Le Westalero

• Main Stander
  • You can count on Jürgen Norbert Klopp
Honestly refs got so bad in officiating since the introduction of VAR.

For the first time in my life I'm glad we're having an international break coming soon.

Offline Kashinoda

• More broken biscuits than made of crisps
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • ....mmm
Typical shit European away performance in the group stages.

Who's really that arsed.

Utter bullshit bit of VAR though.
:D

Offline shook

• not stirred
  • Legacy Fan
Nice goal from Jota aside, that was pretty, pretty poor. Poor decision at the end, real homer, but Toylouse deserved it, tbf.

Still lack physicality in the middle, that third goal was atrocious. Thought Mac Allister was very underwhelming, much too slow and lacking in physicality.

I had high hopes for Endo, but again, just not physical enough.

I'm not going to say Endo had a good match, and I know Elliot played better at least offensively, but whenever I see Elliot in the midfield, it always seems to me the midfield is not as physical, more vulnerable. He's definitely a good player but I think he has worked better as a sub when the shape of the team needs someone of his particular skillset

Offline Szobosslad

• Kemlynite
The loss of Milner and Hendo quite clear when Van Dijk isn't around.

I think this is an overstatement, they were both present last year and we had numerous inept performances.