Author Topic: Labour Thread * No Gaza *  (Read 120940 times)

Offline TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
Re: Labour Thread * No Gaza *
« Reply #2800 on: March 15, 2024, 08:39:08 pm »
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline west_london_red

• Knows his stuff - pull the udder one! RAWK's Dairy Queen.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • watching me? but whose watching you watching me?
« Reply #2801 on: March 15, 2024, 08:41:36 pm »
She once seemed a pretty capable politician, but her behaviour over the last few years has been pretty erratic and downright odd at times, to the extent that I assumed there was some sort of health issue going on.

Yeah, I’ve assumed she’s not 100% for a while, that whole thing with the 2 left shoes was pretty bizarre.
Thinking is overrated.
The mind is a tool, it's not meant to be used that much.
Rest, love, observe. Laugh.

Offline Clint Eastwood

• The man with no name
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2802 on: March 15, 2024, 08:42:01 pm »
I know the Tories pioneered this, but I’m finding the childish nature of politics pretty tiresome. All this chicken stuff is cringe. Can we have the people campaigning to run the country act like adults please?

Online TheShanklyGates

• Firmly in the "shake it all about" camp
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Outside The Shankly Gates...
« Reply #2803 on: March 15, 2024, 10:04:30 pm »
I know the Tories pioneered this, but I’m finding the childish nature of politics pretty tiresome. All this chicken stuff is cringe. Can we have the people campaigning to run the country act like adults please?

Yep. It was cringeworthy childish bollocks when the Tories did it and it's cringeworthy childish bollocks when Labour do it.
I've just wiped the sticky residue from my bellend onto the television screen. Taste it Leo. You deserve it.
I would honestly let Wijnaldum jizz in my face right now

Offline John C

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2804 on: March 15, 2024, 10:10:21 pm »
It's all awful isn't mate.
Were sympathising for a lady who might have anti-Semitism tendencies who's been racially abused by an evil, privileged man whose egregious affluence allows him to donate £££££££millions unashamedly to a political party who have killed the country due to not just one or two, but multiple stabs of vicious ideological wounds.

How the fucking hell can it all end?

Stop being bad pricks, VOTE LABOUR.

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• Missing an asterisk - no, wait sorry, that's his rusty starfish..... RAWK Apple fanboy. Hedley Lamarr's bestest mate. Has done nothing incredible ever.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
« Reply #2805 on: March 16, 2024, 11:46:14 am »
I'm enthused and postive about our Labour lads and lasses. Some great people in the party and the country is ripe for them to step in and start making a difference.

Yeah it's going to be difficult and it won't be smooth sailing, but I give them a hearty thumbs up! And wish them the best in their endevours in trying to drag this country off its knees and bring a bit of pride, honesty, integrity, deceny and will back to Government. We haven't seen that for quite a while now. Be nice if we weren't the laughing stock of the world as well.
Quote from: tubby on Today at 12:45:53 pm

They both went in high, that's factually correct, both tried to play the ball at height.  Doku with his foot, Mac Allister with his chest.

Offline TSC

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #2806 on: March 16, 2024, 12:23:22 pm »

Online Wabaloolah

• Rocks to the East, Rocks to the West. Definitely Unscotch.
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Allez Allez Allez
    • My Twitter Account
« Reply #2807 on: March 16, 2024, 12:29:46 pm »
New Labour leader in wales

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/live/uk-wales-68569230

He was definitely the better of the two candidates, and I'm pleased he won despite the issues with the £200k donation to his campaign
« Last Edit: March 16, 2024, 03:05:50 pm by Wabaloolah »
However if something serious happens to them I will eat my own cock.

If anyone is going to put a few fingers deep into my arse it's going to be me.

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2808 on: March 19, 2024, 01:37:30 pm »
Can Reeves stop mentioning Thatcher. Thanks.

Offline Red-Soldier

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2809 on: March 19, 2024, 01:48:19 pm »
Can Reeves stop mentioning Thatcher. Thanks.

Offline Father Ted

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2810 on: March 19, 2024, 02:52:00 pm »
Are we ever going to be allowed to see these ‘growth-led’ policies?

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2811 on: March 19, 2024, 03:22:19 pm »
Are we ever going to be allowed to see these ‘growth-led’ policies?

Manifesto apparently. However i wont put it past them to not have any in that either. Its the biggest case of trust us, we are not them, i can remember.

Offline Red-Soldier

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2812 on: March 19, 2024, 03:27:44 pm »
    As we did at the end of the 1970s, we stand at an inflection point, and as in earlier decades, the solution lies in wide-ranging supply-side reform to drive investment, remove the blockages constraining our productive capacity, and fashion a new economic settlement, drawing on evolutions in economic thought.

Thatcher’s government was associated with extensive supply-side reforms, including privatisation, deregulation and restrictions on trade unions.

In her speech Reeves will also stress the need for supply-side reform, but she will refer to the case for reform of planning laws, public services, the labour market and democracy.

She will also say that “unlike the 1980s, growth in the years to come must be broad-based, inclusive, and resilient”.

Offline killer-heels

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2813 on: March 19, 2024, 05:15:09 pm »
Supply side reform. I wonder where I have heard that before.

Are we sure she doesnt work for the Adam Smith Institute?

Offline TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #2814 on: March 19, 2024, 05:23:01 pm »

Join the customs union.
Sorted.
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Online oldfordie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2815 on: March 19, 2024, 05:27:30 pm »

Supply reform will come from closer alignment with the EU. the world supply chain is changing as well as countries look for supply's from nearby Countries so this is even more important.
Chris Bryant

It feels as if the major from Fawlty Towers has taken over the Tory campaign.
10:42 PM · May 25, 2024
·

Offline killer-heels

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2816 on: March 19, 2024, 05:29:29 pm »
Join the customs union.
Sorted.

Sounds good. Is that one of the policies?

Online oldfordie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2817 on: March 19, 2024, 05:49:11 pm »
Join the customs union.
Sorted.
It would help but it certainly wouldn't sort the problem out.
Theres no need for a referendum for closer alignment, should Labour announce they plan to take us back in the customs union without a referendum before the election.? madness. the Torys would be over the moon.
Chris Bryant

It feels as if the major from Fawlty Towers has taken over the Tory campaign.
10:42 PM · May 25, 2024
·

Offline TSC

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2818 on: March 19, 2024, 05:50:18 pm »
Sounds good. Is that one of the policies?

I’d guess any alignment will be framed in such a way so as not to inflame the loons.  Ie it won’t be ‘let’s reverse Brexit’.  But it will be close(r) alignment, by stealth or otherwise.  It remains the only sensible course of action. 

Of course the most sensible option would’ve been not to have a referendum in the first place.

Offline killer-heels

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2819 on: March 20, 2024, 07:18:11 am »
Unite not very complementary of that Rachel Reeves speech then.

Offline Red-Soldier

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2820 on: March 20, 2024, 07:33:15 am »
Unite not very complementary of that Rachel Reeves speech then.

Scathing.

The general secretary of the Unite union, Sharon Graham, suggested Reeves’ growth plan was “for the birds”. She said: “If you stick to phoney fiscal rules, rule out taxing the wealthy and pander to the profiteers, you end up in a straitjacket of your own making.

“Ripping up building regulations and tinkering in the public sector are not going to deliver serious growth – that’s for the birds. Only sustained long term public investment in our crumbling infrastructure can turn the tide on decline.”
« Last Edit: March 20, 2024, 07:34:51 am by Red-Soldier »

Offline Sangria

• In trying to be right ends up wrong without fail
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2821 on: March 20, 2024, 07:39:26 am »
Scathing.

“Ripping up building regulations and tinkering in the public sector are not going to deliver serious growth – that’s for the birds. Only sustained long term public investment in our crumbling infrastructure can turn the tide on decline.”

For anyone playing down what Labour has done in the past, maybe it's worth reflecting on the above. "Sustained long term public investment in our crumbling infrastructure" is something that has only happened under Labour governments. Maybe if you want the above, you should trumpet the achievements of the 1997-2010 government at every opportunity, so as to make sure the Tories don't come back. Maybe if you want the above, you should jump on anyone on the left who says there's no difference between Labour and the Tories, thus giving the voters the excuse to default to voting Tory as they usually do.
"i just dont think (Lucas is) that type of player that Kenny wants"
Vidocq, 20 January 2011

http://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=267148.msg8032258#msg8032258

Offline killer-heels

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2822 on: March 20, 2024, 07:51:50 am »
For anyone playing down what Labour has done in the past, maybe it's worth reflecting on the above. "Sustained long term public investment in our crumbling infrastructure" is something that has only happened under Labour governments. Maybe if you want the above, you should trumpet the achievements of the 1997-2010 government at every opportunity, so as to make sure the Tories don't come back. Maybe if you want the above, you should jump on anyone on the left who says there's no difference between Labour and the Tories, thus giving the voters the excuse to default to voting Tory as they usually do.

Reeves has had a go at the 97-2010 Labour government as well in her speech. Covered all bases.

Offline Jiminy Cricket

• Batshit fucker and Chief Yuletide Porcine Voyeur
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2823 on: March 20, 2024, 09:43:42 am »
Reeves has had a go at the 97-2010 Labour government as well in her speech. Covered all bases.
Thick as fuck that. Presumably, Starmer was not privy to the speech's contents before the fact.
would rather have a wank wearing a barb wire glove
If you're chasing thrills, try a bit of auto-asphyxiation with a poppers-soaked orange in your gob.

Offline PatriotScouser

• Legacy Fan
  • I could agree with you but then we’d both be wrong
« Reply #2824 on: March 20, 2024, 09:57:06 am »
LOL at Unite playing up the achievements of the 97-2010 Labour Govt. I often wonder if they themselves want to forget those achievements.

As for currently, indeed it would be nice to see some policies but as we saw with the tories stealing the non-dom tax, I can wait for the manifesto.

The reality is that's when most of the country will be listening and wanting to learn more - when there is an election 4-6 weeks away. Not during the rest of the electoral year. It's only the politicos that want to know everything here and now.

Sound economic judgment and principles are the grounds of which to build an electable Party and both Keir and Rachel know this. Some of you may not like it - although I do as I hold Rachel actually in more higher regard than Keir - but that's the way it is.

Offline PatriotScouser

• Legacy Fan
  • I could agree with you but then we’d both be wrong
« Reply #2825 on: March 20, 2024, 01:52:39 pm »
What do you want me to call them? Sir and Madam?! Shame they both don't have nicknames like Jezza...

No, they wouldn't piss on me if I was burning - but do you know what they would have? A functioning emergency services so that I can get a fire engine to attend to that burning. That'll do me.

Offline John C

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2826 on: March 20, 2024, 02:03:22 pm »
Unite the Union weighing in on modern politics eh.
Their success rate for 14 years has been amazing hasn't it.

« Last Edit: March 20, 2024, 04:47:34 pm by John C »

Offline bigbonedrawky

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2827 on: March 20, 2024, 02:45:11 pm »
So John C am I banned from posting in this thread ?

Shame you werent around to delete my last interaction with Fake Scouser / Confused Yank...
The one were he was referring to some Jewish people as "Scum".
Don't worry I think it was ideological prejudice not Racism ;)

Offline classycarra

• The Left Disonourable Chuntering Member For Scousepool.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2828 on: March 20, 2024, 03:33:32 pm »
They're success rate for 14 years has been amazing hasn't it.
Staggering isn't it!

Offline Sangria

• In trying to be right ends up wrong without fail
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2829 on: March 20, 2024, 03:35:20 pm »
They're success rate for 14 years has been amazing hasn't it.

Didn't Graham get in on a platform of not getting involved in Labour's politics? IIRC she promised exactly this on election, marking a difference between her and Len, who was devoting union funds to propping up the then Labour leadership.
"i just dont think (Lucas is) that type of player that Kenny wants"
Vidocq, 20 January 2011

http://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=267148.msg8032258#msg8032258

Offline John C

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2830 on: March 20, 2024, 04:46:17 pm »
So John C am I banned from posting in this thread ?

Who says you're banned? You post regularly. If your referring to your dig at PatriotScouser, yes I deleted the post. There's no need for snarky comments.
That's precisely how things escalate and threads get locked.
Don't be so precious.

Offline Red-Soldier

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2831 on: March 20, 2024, 06:48:08 pm »
Their success rate for 14 years has been amazing hasn't it.

I don't know how much attention Tories pay to unions, apart from trying to erode their power and influence.  I am also unsure how much influence Unite has over Tory policy.

However, they certainly have levers when it comes to Labour, though.

I agree that we need sustained, public investment.
« Last Edit: March 20, 2024, 07:20:28 pm by Red-Soldier »

Offline bigbonedrawky

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2832 on: March 20, 2024, 07:38:00 pm »
Who says you're banned? You post regularly. If your referring to your dig at PatriotScouser, yes I deleted the post. There's no need for snarky comments.
That's precisely how things escalate and threads get locked.
Don't be so precious.
Yeah I worked out I wasn't banned from the thread when my question to you appeared.
I thought I might be getting the Trada treatment for a minute.

I was wondering why my serious reply to WLR of how the mental stress of the most hated MP
in UK politics is probably brought about by all the death threats, onlne and personal abuse she receive's. 

As for my less serious reply I just find it funny when people are apparently on first name terms
with famous people they dont even know...   

As for snarky ie "piss on your leg and tell you it's raining, but wouldn't piss on you if you was burning"
that comment is aimed at Reeves and Starmer and theyre not alone in that regard, it could describe a lot
of politicians. And they won't be coming on here to get the thread locked and if any poster gets a bit precious...
Well they're responsible for their own actions.
And lets be honest there's a shitload of comments on this Forum, that should of been deleted but wasn't.

Offline bigbonedrawky

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2833 on: March 20, 2024, 07:58:54 pm »
Didn't Graham get in on a platform of not getting involved in Labour's politics? IIRC she promised exactly this on election, marking a difference between her and Len, who was devoting union funds to propping up the then Labour leadership.
Don't be talking about promises made to get elected in the Labour thread. It's an own goal...
It just reminds me of Starmer and it calls into question, who's propping him up.

Has Starmer returned the "donation" to that racist piece of shit David Abrams yet ?

I know it's a bit left wing for here but personally I prefer the Unions propping up TLP
« Last Edit: March 20, 2024, 08:00:25 pm by bigbonedrawky »

Offline John C

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2834 on: March 20, 2024, 08:08:04 pm »

I was wondering why my serious reply to WLR of how the mental stress of the most hated MP
in UK politics is probably brought about by all the death threats, onlne and personal abuse she receive's. 

As for my less serious reply I just find it funny when people are apparently on first name terms
with famous people they dont even know...   

If you're referring to Dianne Abbot - I'm in agreement that inappropriate language towards her is twattish, if not I don't follow.
Re your conversations on here specifically about what you mentioned I haven't got a clue what you're talking about. I really don't.

It wasn't the piss on you leg comment, it was the jibe about PS using their names.

EDIT - And I've just tried to find out what you mean about a convo with WLR and I'm still unaware.

« Last Edit: March 20, 2024, 08:14:36 pm by John C »

Offline Red-Soldier

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2835 on: March 20, 2024, 08:30:16 pm »

I like Graham.  I think Graham is very different to Len.

Also, Starmer's leadership platform was very different, compared to what he's said (and done) since.  I guess things change.

Seems here that Graham is just trying to bat for the people with the least.
« Last Edit: March 20, 2024, 10:10:15 pm by Red-Soldier »

Offline bigbonedrawky

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2836 on: March 20, 2024, 10:18:53 pm »
If you're referring to Dianne Abbot - I'm in agreement that inappropriate language towards her is twattish, if not I don't follow.
Re your conversations on here specifically about what you mentioned I haven't got a clue what you're talking about. I really don't.

It wasn't the piss on you leg comment, it was the jibe about PS using their names.

EDIT - And I've just tried to find out what you mean about a convo with WLR and I'm still unaware.
So we agree about Abbot and yes I was responding to WLR post about Abbot who was responding
to Tepid post about Abbot at the top of the page... Phew

The first names bit...tbf Fanboy that I am, I do use them for some Liverpool players or managers
I don't personally know too. And If I didn't find it funny I might of just used the word "cringe" and
saved us all a bit of time and effort.  :-\

PS
A little bird once told me Len McCluskey used to post on here. If true I don't think he would anymore... He'd probably be banned   ;D

« Last Edit: March 20, 2024, 10:34:15 pm by bigbonedrawky »

Offline John C

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2837 on: March 21, 2024, 12:06:21 am »
A little bird once told me Len McCluskey used to post on here. If true I don't think he would anymore... He'd probably be banned   ;D
I know he's a Red, saw him at the match.
He'd only be banned if he was high maintenance, a pain in the arse, dominated threads or disrupted this football site, etc.
Surely even you must think we're too low class for him now though?

Offline PaulF

• https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/paulfelce
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nothing feels as good as fat tastes.
« Reply #2838 on: March 21, 2024, 07:55:55 am »
I know I am at the bargaining stage of grief. .. but can klopp became a rawk mod?
"All the lads have been talking about is walking out in front of the Kop, with 40,000 singing 'You'll Never Walk Alone'," Collins told BBC Radio Solent. "All the money in the world couldn't buy that feeling," he added.

Offline Qston

• Loves a bit of monkey tennis and especially loves a bit of sausage relief......singularly though #sausage
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Believer
« Reply #2839 on: March 21, 2024, 08:31:25 am »
I know I am at the bargaining stage of grief. .. but can klopp became a rawk mod?

If John allows Capon to become a mod then he will be.......
"Just a normal lad from Liverpool whose dream has just come true" Trent June 1st 2019