Author Topic: MATCH PREVIEW: LASK vs Liverpool Thursday 21 September KO 17:45  (Read 16271 times)

Offline StevoHimself

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: MATCH PREVIEW: LASK vs Liverpool Thursday 21 September KO 17:45
« Reply #80 on: September 19, 2023, 03:01:42 pm »
I tend to agree with the people who think we shouldn't go with too much of a weakened squad here. Few of the big hitters, a couple of squad players and a few promising youngsters (Quansah, maybe Doak etc) should do.

Offline Too early for flapjacks?

• It is? Hmm. How about a Groundhog steak? No? Damn. Thinks James Milner has the perfect body.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #81 on: September 19, 2023, 03:06:01 pm »
Given how tired Quansah looked at the end of the end of Wolves game, he may not start this one, not being quite used to playing two senior games in a week. Think we may see a surprise youth player at right back - cos Gomez probably needs a break after playing for a straight few games and Endo may be needed for midfield.

It just looked like cramp. And with 4 recovery days and the fact he won't be needed on Sunday means it should be fine for him to start.

Offline kaesarsosei

• Brutally bad.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #82 on: September 19, 2023, 03:10:56 pm »
Its very hard to get into Klopp's head for picking a team for a game like this, but this is what I would like to see:

Kelleher

Gomez   Quanseh    VVD    Tsimikas

Endo
      Gravenberch       Jones

Doak         Nunez       Diaz

Offline rawcusk8

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #83 on: September 19, 2023, 03:17:53 pm »
Ali, Ibu, Robbo, Dom, Mac and Mo should be nowhere near the starting XI, rest is all good. Hope we rotate and focus on the league, even with rotation we should really be getting past these.
“If you even dream of beating me you'd better wake up and apologize.” - muhammad ali

Online 1892tillforever

• "Just call me................daddy.............!"
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Either the curtains go or I do
« Reply #84 on: September 19, 2023, 03:28:47 pm »
I would imagine the boss will be thinking about a likely starting XI for West Ham and work from there. I think he will play perhaps a max of 5-6 of those players with a view to subbing them early. Endo and Grav could do with the minutes, and I expect Van Dijk and Konate will see some action, either as starter or sub.

• It is? Hmm. How about a Groundhog steak? No? Damn. Thinks James Milner has the perfect body.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #85 on: September 19, 2023, 03:40:01 pm »
Gomez, Matip, Quansah, Gakpo and Jota all started against Wolves and can form the basis for the starting 11 against LASK. Add Kelleher, Tsimikas, Endo, Gravenberch, Elliott, and Doak. That would be my starting 11. And then as strong as bench as possible.     

Offline BigCDump

• Legacy Fan
  • Let's Klopp Til' We Drop
« Reply #86 on: September 19, 2023, 05:51:13 pm »
Lask have won their last 3 games, 2-0, 5-4 and 3-1. Scored 8 but conceded 5.

Going by the stats, if we're a little lax they could score. But we should overrun them with our big guns.
Nineteen Six. Believe it now, baby!

Offline Son of Spion

• "No, I said I was WORKING from home! Me ma's reading this, ya bastids!" Supporter of The Unbrarables. Worratit.
  • RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
  • BAGs. 28 Years..What Would The Bullens Wall Say?
« Reply #87 on: September 19, 2023, 06:05:23 pm »
I really want us to lift this trophy again. The first cup final I ever attended was the UEFA Cup Final back in the early 70s. Nothing beats lifting Big Ears, but this is also one beautiful trophy, and the one that set us on our way towards European domination.
The light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long, and you've burned so very, very brightly, Jürgen.

Offline Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #88 on: September 19, 2023, 08:17:48 pm »
Thanks for the OP Al :)

Like you, I can't wait for this to kick off. Always enjoyed it, and 2016 was fantastic, aside from the final. Would be brilliant ot win it again.
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

Offline RogerTheRed

• Danke Juergen
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • There's a golden sky on the way
« Reply #89 on: September 20, 2023, 07:17:22 am »
Come on Redmen!
Thanks for the op Al, learnt some stuff there!
I am close to booking a place in Dublin but after Istanbul with no LFC don’t want to jinx again!
Think it will be Endo, Elliott and Gravenberch midfield and agree with VVD and Konate getting 45 min each. So, strong but still about eight Changes.
That often means lack of rhythm so a win by a two goal margin for me.
Come On You Mighty Scouse Reds!!

Offline Persephone

• Legacy Fan
  • Who ate all the bloody Pringles?
« Reply #90 on: September 20, 2023, 08:38:47 am »
Gomez, Matip, Quansah, Gakpo and Jota all started against Wolves and can form the basis for the starting 11 against LASK. Add Kelleher, Tsimikas, Endo, Gravenberch, Elliott, and Doak. That would be my starting 11. And then as strong as bench as possible.   
Maybe not Joe, we need him at the weekend with Trent still out and with his injury history I think one game a week is the best way to manage him. It's a pity Bradley is injured, otherwise I'm certain he'd be getting valuable minutes.
I’ve plenty links to the clubs playing and backroom staff as many on here know thank you very much. Fair enough, I admire your optimism. But you’re absolute ostriches if you think this squad, even with 2 or 3 new, “cut price” players with potential get us anywhere close

Offline Baby Huey

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #91 on: September 20, 2023, 09:34:57 am »
Nice OP, mate.

Good luck to all the Reds going to the game. Have a great trip.

All in for this. There's only two European trophies worth winning and this trophy has a rich history for us, back to that game against BMG in 73.

Offline rossipersempre

• On the lookuyt for a new winger since 2007 BC. Prodigal, Son.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #92 on: September 20, 2023, 09:59:55 am »
https://twitter.com/LFC/status/1703771103569834326

Eeuuw. My eyes.

Don't get me wrong, I've come to terms with us being in the Danni Minogue of UEFA competitions (albeit the only one left that's eluded Jurgen and a gorgeous-looking trophy to boot), but there's an element of wake me up when it gets to the business end.
My scouse, the often busted but seldom battered Mr Flabby Whore Alien. Who will not send in cottoned wool, bubbled rap, shiny sliver spaced blanket and sum beefy Bovril to keep it warm and safe and snag as bag in a rag? Oh Whore yours is a sweeter leftish peg

Offline Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #93 on: September 20, 2023, 10:06:52 am »
Only going off their badge but presume they play in some combo of black and white? Are we just ticking a quite wearing the purple number?

Offline PhilV

• Has difficulty in getting it up, apparently.....
  • Legacy Fan
  • Epic Swindler
« Reply #94 on: September 20, 2023, 11:57:42 am »
Only going off their badge but presume they play in some combo of black and white? Are we just ticking a quite wearing the purple number?

Their home is the middle one.

Online Dr. Beaker

• Veo, to his mates. Shares 50% of his DNA with a banana. Would dearly love to strangle Frankengoose. Lo! Be he not ye Messiah, verily be he a child of questionable conduct in the eyes of Ye Holy Border Guards.
  • Legacy Fan
  • I... think I am, therefore...I....maybe.
« Reply #95 on: September 20, 2023, 12:01:06 pm »
Their kit was definitely designed by a committee.
NAKED BOOBERY

Rile-Me costed L. Nee-Naw "The Child" Torrence the first jack the hat-trick since Eon Rush vs Accursed Toffos, many moons passed. Nee-Naw he could have done a concreted his palace in the pantyhose off the LibPole Gods...was not was for the invented intervention of Rile-Me whistler.

Offline disgraced cake

• Legacy Fan
  • Seis Veces
« Reply #96 on: September 20, 2023, 12:12:31 pm »
Kelleher
Gomez   VVD   'The Q'   Tsimikas
Endo   Elliot   Gravenberch
Doak   Gakpo   Jota

Give Kelleher the group games, and my other definite starters for all six games would be Quansah, Tsimikas, Endo and Doak. The rest will obviously depend on how we're doing and who else needs minutes etc. Matip can probably come in for the rest and maybe even Thiago can play the rest.

Van Dijk can play an hour then be replaced by Matip or Konate. Bajcetic getting half an hour would be nice too. Doak surely must play and partnering him I'd go with Gakpo and Jota, neither were really involved much at the weekend and they only got an hour or so and I'd have both on the bench at the weekend anyway.

Considering these were the 2nd seed, if we go there and win I'm not expecting qualification to be a problem. I think he will pick relatively strong teams throughout which is what you want to see, but it's mainly a good chance for 'the squad' to get minutes in and hopefully then if we make the knockouts we can go a lot stronger in the spring.
Proud follower of the city's junior, and far more successful footballing side

Rome 1977
London 1978
Paris 1981
Rome 1984
Istanbul 2005
Madrid 2019

19 League Titles, 6 European Cups, 3 UEFA Cups, 8 FA Cups, 10 League Cups, 4 European Super Cups, World Champions 2019. We live the dream.

Offline duvva 💅

• lippa RAWK Diivva, broke Kenny's sky
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • LFC Quiz Rivals Most Hated
« Reply #97 on: September 20, 2023, 12:34:52 pm »
Thanks for the OP Al, would love us to win another of these.

Looking forward to playing all of these teams and hopefully seeing some of those close to the first 11. Think we’ll see a lot of Elliott in this competition, hopefully Endo, Bajcetic and Gravenberch too. Think Jota will play and probably Gakpo. Be great if Doak starts. Defence will largely be decided by fitness and who’s playing against West Ham
"If you don't limit yourself with bad thoughts, you can fly" - Jurgen Klopp

Offline Knight

• No one understands football like me.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #98 on: September 20, 2023, 12:43:47 pm »
Its very hard to get into Klopp's head for picking a team for a game like this, but this is what I would like to see:

Kelleher

Gomez   Quanseh    VVD    Tsimikas

Endo
      Gravenberch       Jones

Doak         Nunez       Diaz

I'd be starting Elliot not Jones. Jones is a first choice 8 right now. It'll be Mac, Jones, Szoboslai Sunday. I'd also be keeping Nunez back because he should be starting PL games right now.

Offline disgraced cake

• Legacy Fan
  • Seis Veces
« Reply #99 on: September 20, 2023, 12:55:33 pm »
Training is live on Youtube. I'm assuming everyone goes over for it as opposed to leaving a few behind. Ideally can do that in the last couple of games if qualification is wrapped up.

Rome 1977
London 1978
Paris 1981
Rome 1984
Istanbul 2005
Madrid 2019

19 League Titles, 6 European Cups, 3 UEFA Cups, 8 FA Cups, 10 League Cups, 4 European Super Cups, World Champions 2019. We live the dream.

Online gerrardisgod

• has all his sisters with him.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Anal Dirge Prat
« Reply #100 on: September 20, 2023, 01:07:46 pm »
Seemed to be a fair few either not involved, or just not pictured.
AHA!

Offline Cesar

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #101 on: September 20, 2023, 01:27:19 pm »
According to their fans we are all thugs and Paris was also our fault so hopefully we go strong for a nice 0-12 drubbing ta!

https://www.austriansoccerboard.at/topic/144642-vorstellung-unserer-europapokalgegner-liverpool-fc/#comments
« Last Edit: September 20, 2023, 01:29:39 pm by Cesar »

Offline rossipersempre

• On the lookuyt for a new winger since 2007 BC. Prodigal, Son.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #102 on: September 20, 2023, 02:14:45 pm »
According to their fans we are all thugs and Paris was also our fault so hopefully we go strong for a nice 0-12 drubbing ta!

https://www.austriansoccerboard.at/topic/144642-vorstellung-unserer-europapokalgegner-liverpool-fc/#comments
Choice quote..."always unpleasant to play against such unknown miracle bag teams, you never know what to expect"

???
My scouse, the often busted but seldom battered Mr Flabby Whore Alien. Who will not send in cottoned wool, bubbled rap, shiny sliver spaced blanket and sum beefy Bovril to keep it warm and safe and snag as bag in a rag? Oh Whore yours is a sweeter leftish peg

Offline Cesar

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #103 on: September 20, 2023, 02:23:08 pm »
Choice quote..."always unpleasant to play against such unknown miracle bag teams, you never know what to expect"

???

They've put their meeting point down as concert square so there must be a bit of self-loathing going on

Online PaulF

• https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/paulfelce
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nothing feels as good as fat tastes.
« Reply #104 on: September 20, 2023, 02:29:29 pm »
Their kit was definitely designed by a committee.

And ripe for sponsorship by Tesco Value.

--edit-- I got TnT sports added to my virigin package for £10/month which seems decent value.
"All the lads have been talking about is walking out in front of the Kop, with 40,000 singing 'You'll Never Walk Alone'," Collins told BBC Radio Solent. "All the money in the world couldn't buy that feeling," he added.

Offline disgraced cake

• Legacy Fan
  • Seis Veces
« Reply #105 on: September 20, 2023, 02:40:21 pm »

"The Merseyside derby between Liverpool and Everton, for example, is now very peaceful and there are de facto no more arguments, apart from inviting each other's mothers to have sex."

:lmao

Rome 1977
London 1978
Paris 1981
Rome 1984
Istanbul 2005
Madrid 2019

Online PaulF

• https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/paulfelce
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nothing feels as good as fat tastes.
« Reply #106 on: September 20, 2023, 02:50:15 pm »
"The Merseyside derby between Liverpool and Everton, for example, is now very peaceful and there are de facto no more arguments, apart from inviting each other's mothers to have sex."

Begging for a banner.
"All the lads have been talking about is walking out in front of the Kop, with 40,000 singing 'You'll Never Walk Alone'," Collins told BBC Radio Solent. "All the money in the world couldn't buy that feeling," he added.

Offline Cesar

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #107 on: September 20, 2023, 02:59:09 pm »

I assume they didn't see the bit were people were lobbing bins at each other outside Hotel Tia

Offline zabadoh

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Walk on with hope in your heart
« Reply #108 on: September 20, 2023, 04:42:45 pm »
https://www.thisisanfield.com/2023/09/15-new-photos-as-liverpool-train-ahead-of-europa-league-opener/

Bra theory:  Konate, Quansah, Robertson, Doak, and Diaz are starting for sure.
“It's impossible,” said Pride.  “It's risky,” said Experience.  “It's pointless,” said Reason.

“Give it a try,” whispered the Heart. - Ken-Obi

Offline Caston

• Castoff, Knitone, Purlone
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #109 on: September 20, 2023, 05:08:40 pm »
Liverpool squad for LASK: Alisson, Gomez, Endo, Van Dijk, Konate, Diaz, Szoboszlai, Nunez, Mac Allister, Salah, Jones, Gakpo, Elliott, Jota, Tsimikas, Robertson, Matip, Gravenberch, Bajcetic, Doak, Jaros, Kelleher, Quansah.

Very strong.

Offline tubby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Destroyed Cowboy
« Reply #110 on: September 20, 2023, 05:10:47 pm »
Aside from Jaros, but he doesn't count, there's not a player there I'd be worried about starting this match.
Sit down, shock is better taken with bent knees.

Offline lamonti

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #111 on: September 20, 2023, 05:21:49 pm »
Not into us wearing a change kit when we don't need to.

Offline Original

• Legacy Fan
  • Sound
« Reply #112 on: September 20, 2023, 05:27:05 pm »

Fucking hell have some of our blue friends infiltrated an Austrian teams message board now🤦

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #113 on: September 20, 2023, 06:01:21 pm »
Liverpool squad for LASK: Alisson, Gomez, Endo, Van Dijk, Konate, Diaz, Szoboszlai, Nunez, Mac Allister, Salah, Jones, Gakpo, Elliott, Jota, Tsimikas, Robertson, Matip, Gravenberch, Bajcetic, Doak, Jaros, Kelleher, Quansah.

Very strong.

Shame that Bobby Clarke hasn't travelled but not surprising considering he played against Morecambe yesterday. Hopefully makes the squad for Leicester in the League Cup next week.

Offline StevoHimself

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #114 on: September 20, 2023, 07:02:08 pm »
That LASK forum is wild! ahahaha

Offline StevoHimself

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #115 on: September 20, 2023, 07:05:29 pm »
One post is rather cryptically translated as "The Gakpo is already getting anxious when he thinks about returning to the Gugl."

Any ideas?

Offline StevoHimself

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #116 on: September 20, 2023, 07:06:25 pm »
Another says, "If you take Salah out of the game, nothing will work there"

Lets humble these pls

Offline lfc_col

• Legacy Fan
  • And Could He Play!
« Reply #117 on: September 20, 2023, 07:08:48 pm »
One post is rather cryptically translated as "The Gakpo is already getting anxious when he thinks about returning to the Gugl."

Any ideas?

the reply is erm weird too

He'll never know his way around because the stadium is... different …

but that was really cool and unexpected back then.
We Won It Six Times

JFT 97

Offline StevoHimself

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #118 on: September 20, 2023, 07:14:46 pm »
the reply is erm weird too

He'll never know his way around because the stadium is... different …

but that was really cool and unexpected back then.

So apparently PSV were beaten by LASK 3-1 there in the Europa League back in 2019 and Gakpo was indeed part of the squad. Maybe the "different" quality the stadium had is just a reference to the work that's been done on it. I'm using Google Translate so I'll give them a break aha

Offline lfc_col

• Legacy Fan
  • And Could He Play!
« Reply #119 on: September 20, 2023, 07:19:22 pm »
I'm using Google Translate so I'll give them a break aha

I once used it when we played Porto i think it was went on there forum to see what they where saying about us drawing them it came out with something hilarious

These quarters and socks draws are always bizarre.
You have to make the fish surrender...
We Won It Six Times

JFT 97