Author Topic: Europa League 2023/24  (Read 52035 times)

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Europa League 2023/24
« Reply #760 on: March 15, 2024, 02:23:59 pm »
Good Quarter Final draw and the better Semi Final draw.  Happy with that.

Xabi in the final will be tough.  :D

Offline Statto Red

• Hung like a sperm whale but only around the middle. Proud owner of a couple of spare arms, although is pits pong like the bins, not very appealing. Bambi on ice.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Kloppite
« Reply #761 on: March 15, 2024, 02:24:53 pm »
Shame they don’t move it to Croke Park and give the final clubs a bigger allocation. Seems wrong that you’ve got a massive stadium around the corner from the Aviva which has 30,000 seats less.

Allocations are gonna be very low. The Stade de France is massive in comparison and we only got 20,000 (including players, corporates, sponsors et al).

So we’ll probably get about 25+% allocation of the Aviva (50,000 approx) would give you a measly 13,000-14,000 tickets (for all).. Odds for Paris was 29.5% of being successful so I’d say less than 20%

Probably odds of 1 in 5 of getting a ticket for the final especially with the even bigger capacity at Anfield now!

Well UEFA have made contingency plans that should we reach the final, that Croke Park will be available for a watch party.

https://www.irishtimes.com/sport/gaelic-games/2024/03/13/croke-park-officials-confirm-uefa-arrangement-to-host-europa-league-final-watch-party/
#Sausages

Offline West Cork Red

• Main Stander
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #762 on: March 15, 2024, 02:42:35 pm »
Well UEFA have made contingency plans that should we reach the final, that Croke Park will be available for a watch party.

https://www.irishtimes.com/sport/gaelic-games/2024/03/13/croke-park-officials-confirm-uefa-arrangement-to-host-europa-league-final-watch-party/
I'm not sure it's quite as straightforward as that, UEFA have no ties whatsoever to Croke Park as  it's owned by the GAA and as far as I know any other events held there other than GAA games are subject to council  approval and the local community can be fairly knobbish  when it comes to extra events

Offline Realgman

• Kopite
  • gerrup the yard
« Reply #763 on: March 15, 2024, 02:46:37 pm »
I'm not sure it's quite as straightforward as that, UEFA have no ties whatsoever to Croke Park as  it's owned by the GAA and as far as I know any other events held there other than GAA games are subject to council  approval and the local community can be fairly knobbish  when it comes to extra events

Its true, Croker will be a fanzone for the final
I am not a dreamer. I am a football romantic-Jurgen Klopp

Offline Redbonnie

• Kopite
« Reply #764 on: March 15, 2024, 02:50:30 pm »

Jurgen Klopps potential last game in Dublin and you think we will have issues getting Croke park from the locals? I can’t think of a country we would have a better chance including our own of course.

Offline newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #765 on: March 15, 2024, 02:52:21 pm »
Jurgen Klopps potential last game in Dublin and you think we will have issues getting Croke park from the locals? I can’t think of a country we would have a better chance including our own of course.

Hopefully Klopp has 1 more game to manage after the Europa Final too!

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #766 on: March 15, 2024, 03:08:34 pm »
Xabi Alonso:

“For me it’s clear, We are the favourites, by " We" I mean Liverpool. I really see Liverpool as the favourites to win the Europa League.”

Offline diegoLFC7

• Legacy Fan
  • LFC
« Reply #767 on: March 15, 2024, 03:13:59 pm »
82000 reds in Croke Park.  :D
Seen us win everything

Offline Redbonnie

• Kopite
« Reply #768 on: March 15, 2024, 03:17:22 pm »
Hopefully Klopp has 1 more game to manage after the Europa Final too!

A cork man will know more  than me but I would expect the govt will see an amazing opportunity for a huge sporting event.  And Connor Bradley will be playing so that’s on our side as well. The place would explode if he scored the winner.

Offline Samie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #769 on: March 15, 2024, 03:19:05 pm »
She'sa beauty.  8)

Offline Bobinhood

• RAWK's Pam Ayres. Man without a hat.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hand over the Trophy
« Reply #770 on: March 15, 2024, 03:26:56 pm »
Oh - I looked it up and I'm embarrassed for them. I say that sincerely:

"We won the league at Anfield,
We won it at the lane,
Stamford Bridge, Old Trafford,
No one can say the same,
Mikel Arteta’s army,
We’re Arsenal through and through,
We’ll sing it in the North Bank,
And in the Clock End too.
Allez Allez Allez,
Allez Allez Allez,
Allez Allez Allez,
Allez Allez Allez..."

We lost the cup to Barca
Barely made the semis in 09
Lost that one to Sir Red Nose
the shame still breaks our minds
Mikel Artetas Barmy
He's always been a loon
and even although weve never won it
we'll steal this fucking tune
(Are- we - ever gonna win it? -everybody now!!)
no way no way no way
no way no way no way
no way no way no way
no way no way no way

Amplification does not equal truth. 

"Put these seeds in your pocket. At least sunflowers will grow where you lie!"
A Ukrainian housewife to a young Russian soldier, Feb 24,2022.

Offline Fitzy.

• I before E, except in Dalglish. Thumbs down for thumbs up! Premature ejaculator in the post-match whopper circle jerk. Might be the Rupert Pupkin to Neil Atkinson's Jerry Langford. Wants to know who did this, but may never find out.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Indefatigability
« Reply #771 on: March 15, 2024, 03:31:30 pm »
Huge favourites now to get to the final. Over two legs I’m struggling to see how these lesser sides will outplay Liverpool who are playing at an incredible standard at the moment.

Offline ScubaSteve

• Sworn enemy of SnorkelStephanie
  • Legacy Fan
  • Every other Saturday's me half day off......
« Reply #772 on: March 15, 2024, 03:34:38 pm »

First dibs for those who miss out in the ballot 🙏🏻

Offline Egyptian36

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #773 on: March 15, 2024, 03:47:56 pm »

We are huge favourites to win this competition especially with this draw and no corrupt English referees to deal with.

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• Rockwool Marketing Board Spokesman. Cracker Wanker. Fucking calmest man on RAWK, alright? ALRIGHT?! Definitely a bigger cunt than YOU!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #774 on: March 15, 2024, 03:51:45 pm »
The perfect draw.
My cup, it runneth over, I'll never get my fill

Offline Zlen

• Suspicious of systems. But getting lots.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #775 on: March 15, 2024, 03:53:24 pm »

Shame it’s played in Aviva.

Offline Kalito

• Legacy Fan
  • ***JFT97***
« Reply #776 on: March 15, 2024, 04:25:54 pm »
At this point I'd take Madrid all day long. They have won it so much that you can't be upset by it.

Arsenals European misery is great. Which makes their singing Allez Allez Allez even more odd (yes they have different lyrics of course).
They've conquered all of North London ... :)
"I want to build a team that's invincible, so that they have to send a team from bloody Mars to beat us." - Mr Bill Shankly

"be careful of media, they can make you hate the oppressed and love the oppressors." - Malcolm X

The notion that an Occupier is defending itself is as absurd as the notion that the rapist is defending itself from the victim.

Offline Zimagic

• Legacy Fan
  • Liar, liar with your drawers on fire......
« Reply #777 on: March 15, 2024, 04:26:04 pm »
Shame they don’t move it to Croke Park and give the final clubs a bigger allocation. Seems wrong that you’ve got a massive stadium around the corner from the Aviva which has 30,000 seats less.

Allocations are gonna be very low. The Stade de France is massive in comparison and we only got 20,000 (including players, corporates, sponsors et al).

So we’ll probably get about 25+% allocation of the Aviva (50,000 approx) would give you a measly 13,000-14,000 tickets (for all).. Odds for Paris was 29.5% of being successful so I’d say less than 20%

Probably odds of 1 in 5 of getting a ticket for the final especially with the even bigger capacity at Anfield now!

On the up-side, there's a 100% better chance of not being treated like cattle or attacked by the cops Vs Paris regardless of the stadium they have the game in.
"Truth, Justice, Freedom, Reasonably-Priced Love and a Hard-Boiled Egg!"

Offline Kalito

• Legacy Fan
  • ***JFT97***
« Reply #778 on: March 15, 2024, 04:27:57 pm »

We won it at the lane,
No one can say the same,
Mikel Arteta’s army,
Allez Allez Allez,
Allez Allez Allez,
Allez Allez Allez,
Allez Allez Allez..."

EMBARRASSING
Wow.  ;D
"I want to build a team that's invincible, so that they have to send a team from bloody Mars to beat us." - Mr Bill Shankly

"be careful of media, they can make you hate the oppressed and love the oppressors." - Malcolm X

The notion that an Occupier is defending itself is as absurd as the notion that the rapist is defending itself from the victim.

Offline Redley

• Legacy Fan
  • Turned doubters to believers
« Reply #779 on: March 15, 2024, 04:33:22 pm »

We've conquered all of Youtube
We're never gonna stop
From Robbie down to DT
Bludfammed the fucking lot
A Lego headed dickhead
He thinks he's Jurgen Klopp
We think we're fucking special....
cos we copy Liverpooooool
Allez, Allez, Allez
Allez, Allez, Allez

Offline Anfield Kopite

• Will vote for anyone who gives out
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #780 on: March 15, 2024, 04:35:43 pm »
Shame it’s played in Aviva.
Yes we know. Rumour is if we get the final Croke Park will be used as a fanzone with screens because of our huge travelling support.

Offline Jacob Ian

• Kopite
« Reply #781 on: March 15, 2024, 04:56:18 pm »
I really wanted Marseille in the quarters, but either them or Benfica in the semi's would be fantastic. And if we really do end up meeting Leverkusen in the final, with each side carrying along their league trophies, UEFA might as well swap venues and dates with the CL final because it will definitely upstage it.

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #782 on: March 15, 2024, 05:29:54 pm »
I really wanted Marseille in the quarters, but either them or Benfica in the semi's would be fantastic. And if we really do end up meeting Leverkusen in the final, with each side carrying along their league trophies, UEFA might as well swap venues and dates with the CL final because it will definitely upstage it.

Are the Marseille fans not a gang of c*nts?

Offline FlashingBlade

• Organised a piss up in a brewery. Ended up in his pants with a KFC bucket. Future MP. Eats only Fish Heads and Tails. Can't spell 'DOMUM'. Now has no balls.
  • Legacy Fan
  • From a Shankly Boy to a Klopp Man
« Reply #783 on: March 15, 2024, 05:35:54 pm »

We won it at the lane,
No one can say the same,
Mikel Arteta’s army,
Allez Allez Allez,
Allez Allez Allez,
Allez Allez Allez,
Allez Allez Allez..."

EMBARRASSING

Swear one day, them ,Villa, Wolves etc..gonna break out with ' Story of a Poor Boy' or FOAR

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• Rockwool Marketing Board Spokesman. Cracker Wanker. Fucking calmest man on RAWK, alright? ALRIGHT?! Definitely a bigger cunt than YOU!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #784 on: March 15, 2024, 05:43:31 pm »

Comical, the fucking tryhards that they are.

We've won 19 Leagues
Can't sing about them all 
My cup, it runneth over, I'll never get my fill

Offline terry_macss_perm

• looking to be flogged
  • Kopite
« Reply #785 on: March 15, 2024, 05:43:37 pm »
Yes we know. Rumour is if we get the final Croke Park will be used as a fanzone with screens because of our huge travelling support.

Travelling support is only half of it. There’ll be a couple of hundred thousand Irish reds who want to be in on the party.

I can see Anfield having a big screen too.

Offline SouthDerryLaggo

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Enjoy these times
« Reply #786 on: March 15, 2024, 05:57:07 pm »
God help anyone other than reds looking a hotel for this. Me and my mates booked it as soon as we finished 5th last year.
YNWA

Offline thaddeus

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #787 on: March 15, 2024, 06:18:46 pm »
Cracking draw, that.  Atalanta have plenty to play for domestically as well as they're in the race for 4th/5th and CL qualification.  On form I'd expect Benfica to beat Marseille but they didn't look all that great against Rangers.

A Man City vs. Arsenal CL semi-final would be good for us as well.  Realistically they're the best two sides in it so it would be two tough games.

We've had a couple of tough draws in the FA Cup but generally the draws have favoured us this season.

Offline Oh Jimmy Jimmy

• Main Stander
« Reply #788 on: March 15, 2024, 07:20:47 pm »
Are the Marseille fans not a gang of c*nts?

Yes, what happened post match in Paris is what they were doing back in 07 - cosy up to you and then pickpocket and if you try to resist , there’s the threat of a blade.  Back in 07, they did it to people who wondered from the main crowd in the old port - now it’s advised any euro away fans not to go to the old port so think it has got worst.

Offline Zlen

• Suspicious of systems. But getting lots.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #789 on: March 15, 2024, 09:20:40 pm »

That would be mad.
It would be both stadiums full of red.

Offline Red1976

• Main Stander
« Reply #790 on: March 15, 2024, 09:40:19 pm »
Atalanta will not be as easy a game as some think. They are not doing that bad in Serie A (only 4 points from champions league qualification) and hammered Everton in 2017 and beat us at Anfield in 2020.  I think that will give them confidence.

Offline Samie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #791 on: March 15, 2024, 09:43:39 pm »
We battered them 5-0 too.   ;D

Offline Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #792 on: March 15, 2024, 09:43:52 pm »
Atalanta will not be as easy a game as some think. They are not doing that bad in Serie A (only 4 points from champions league qualification) and hammered Everton in 2017 and beat us at Anfield in 2020.  I think that will give them confidence.

From memory we put a very weak side out in that home game. Was during the Covid season wasn’t it so games came thick and fast, Klopp took a calculated gamble that backfired (to a point, we qualified from the group fairly comfortably).

Offline Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #793 on: March 15, 2024, 09:44:21 pm »

I'm not sure hammering Everton is such an achievement.

They did beat us at Anfield but by the same token, we thumped them in Bergamo. Plus it was a long time ago, I don't think it'll have that much relevance this season. Not saying it'll be easy though, got to go treat every game seriously from here on in.
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #794 on: March 15, 2024, 09:46:50 pm »

We won it at the lane,
No one can say the same,
Mikel Arteta’s army,
Allez Allez Allez,
Allez Allez Allez,
Allez Allez Allez,
Allez Allez Allez..."

EMBARRASSING

Fuck me, if you're gonna rob a song, write some fucking good lyrics :lmao
Jurgen YNWA

Offline Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #795 on: March 15, 2024, 09:50:06 pm »
I'm not sure hammering Everton is such an achievement.

They did beat us at Anfield but by the same token, we thumped them in Bergamo. Plus it was a long time ago, I don't think it'll have that much relevance this season. Not saying it'll be easy though, got to go treat every game seriously from here on in.

Just looked it up, we had a back four of Tsimikas, Rhys Williams, Matip and Neco Williams!

Was the first time in 137 home games under Klopp that we lost a game by more than one goal. Wouldn’t be the last time that season. :(

But hard to read too much into that oddball of a season.

Offline Boston Bosox

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #796 on: March 15, 2024, 09:56:31 pm »
Just looked it up, we had a back four of Tsimikas, Rhys Williams, Matip and Neco Williams!

Was the first time in 137 home games under Klopp that we lost a game by more than one goal. Wouldn’t be the last time that season. :(

I have bad memories of that 2-0 loss my best friend passed away during that game so not really looking forward to it

Offline newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #797 on: March 15, 2024, 09:58:18 pm »
Fuck me, if you're gonna rob a song, write some fucking good lyrics :lmao

Let's start with at least .... passable!!!!

These are horrific.

Offline Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #798 on: March 15, 2024, 10:13:44 pm »

Wow, remember the game but didn't realise we had that back four.

With the likes of Alexander-Arnold, Jones and Jota coming back, we'll be a lot stronger by the time this tie comes around, if we don't get any further injuries (big if I know).
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

Offline Boston Bosox

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #799 on: March 15, 2024, 10:18:53 pm »
2020 Atalanta BC(Champions League Matchday 4 ) Anfield 0-2
LIVERPOOL LINE UP
Alisson Becker , Kostas Tsimikas , Joël Matip , Rhys Williams , Neco Williams , Georginio Wijnaldum , James Milner (Captain), Curtis Jones , Sadio Mané , Mohamed Salah , Divock Origi
LIVERPOOL SUBSTITUTIONS
Kostas Tsimikas out for Andy Robertson 61' , Georginio Wijnaldum out for Fabinho Tavarez 61' , Mohamed Salah out for Roberto Firmino 61' , Divock Origi out for Diogo Jota 61', Joël Matip out for Takumi Minamino 84'
ATALANTA B.C. LINE UP
Pierluigi Gollini , Rafael Tolói , Cristian Romero , Hans Hateboer , Marten de Roon , Remo Freuler , Robin Gosens , Berat Djimsiti , Matteo Pessina , Josip Ilicic , Papu Gómez
ATALANTA B.C. GOALS
Josip Ilicic 60' , Robin Gosens 64'
ATALANTA B . C. SUBSTITUTIONS
Josip Ilicic out for Duván Zapata 70' , Robin Gosens out for Johan Mojica 75' , Matteo Pessina out for Aleksei Miranchuk 85'
Liverpool Manager: Jürgen Klopp
Atalanta B.C manager: Gian Piero Gasperini
Referee: del Cerro Grande C (Spain)
Attendance: Game played behind closed doors due to COVID-19
Half-time score: 0 - 0
Game number: 5758
Europe game number: 404
LFC played towards Kop: Second half